the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

10 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Did Cornyn pull his own head out of his ass, or did someone do it for him?

I'm sure he'll re-word it accordingly, lest he upset the Trump crowd.

Any hope that most of the rhetoric and vile of the last 4 years would gradually dissipate is gone. Attorney Generals--with the education and career accomplishments that that entails--in 18 states just completely debased them to appease the MAGA herd.  If they didn't realize how much power they had before, they sure as shit do now.

Trump is going to wreck shop in the 2024 Republican Primaries.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's more than the last four years, but a good bit of this.

We'll always keep a home in Texas because this is where our people are, we'll always need a "home base."  And I'll still want to hunt and fish here and whatnot.  But, in talking with my wife, our plans for retirement are becoming much more nomadic.  Rent a cheap Airbnb somewhere, spend a few months, pick up some dinner stuff from the market, visit with friends -- we've got our eyes on cities and places all over, in the US and overseas.  But my entire family, kids included, is much less connected to the US than I ever thought we'd be.

I'm a 5th generation Texan at least, my kids are 6th.  This state helped make me.  But goddamn.  This state and country have decided to drink a jillion gallons of stupid juice.  And it's topped with meanness.  It's just incompatible with a life of decency and kindness.

Yep, add a generation to it and that's us. Texas will always be my heart and my home, and I will carry it with me until the day I die, but I've got to squint and use my imagination to see the people and the place I thought I knew.  At least right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

If the Supreme Court were to accept the felon AG from Texas’s argument, which they won’t, it would spell the end of the United States. 
That’s what the felon AG and his 17 corrupt republican friends are actually asking the Supreme Court to do, put an end to the United States. 
The Republican Party is so far gone and utterly corrupt, Adolf hitler is looking down on it from his grave. 

No, our AG is asking for a pardon, and his 17 buddies are making sure they don't get primaried the next time they are up, and so they are just trying to protect President Trump's back.

They all know this will amount to nothing, but Paxton now has Trump's ear.

heh

Not only have Plaintiffs failed to provide the Court with factual support for their extraordinary claims, but they have wholly failed to establish that they have standing for the Court to consider them. Allegations that find favor in the public sphere of gossip and innuendo cannot be a substitute for earnest pleadings and procedure in federal court.

Edited by Gil Bang

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm a 5th generation Texan at least, my kids are 6th.  This state helped make me.  But goddamn.  This state and country have decided to drink a jillion gallons of stupid juice.  And it's topped with meanness.  It's just incompatible with a life of decency and kindness.

If my wife's retirement wasn't tied to Texas, I swear we'd be somewhere in New England, and I'd have a large pond or small lake with fishing lodge right out of the Red Green Show.

• Hook 'Em 1

We got 9,000 lawyers on here gonna pack up and leave a state they say they love, because not one of those 9,000 lawyers can figure out how to put a few crooks in jail.

Gotdammit, y'all. Reach down and get some Alamo back in you. Pick a place you like, hold it, and make the other guys so fuckin miserable that they leave.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen Bitch said:

Agreed. My intense love of Texas has really dwindled watching them vote for morons over and over and over.

If it weren’t for my parents, we would probably be living in Colorado. Like others have said, this state is fucking behind everything. I, as a PT, could practice with much greater autonomy in most other states. In my PT world, Texas feels like the dark ages. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I'm sure he'll re-word it accordingly, lest he upset the Trump crowd.

Any hope that most of the rhetoric and vile of the last 4 years would gradually dissipate is gone. Attorney Generals--with the education and career accomplishments that that entails--in 18 states just completely debased them to appease the MAGA herd.  If they didn't realize how much power they had before, they sure as shit do now.

Trump is going to wreck shop in the 2024 Republican Primaries.

Cornyn is 68 years old. He either a) knows that he's not going to run for re-election at the age of 74 or b) is so sure that the attention span of the average MAGA fan is so short that Ken Paxton will be long forgotten in six years.

I'm convinced that all the squawking and flailing via lawsuits started as Trump being a petty vindictive dick and for fundraising, but has shifted into him being convinced that he actually won bigly and was robbed. Guys like Trump who tell a lie often enough eventually turn that into their truth and legitimately believe the lie. He said it enough to talk himself into it.

Back when I was with a software startup the CEO was a lot like Trump. He had this feature that he wanted, and in demos he'd always tell the prospect we had the feature (we did not). One day he asked for a screenshot of the non existent feature and flipped out because he didn't believe the VP of Product that the feature didn't exist. "I saw it with my own eyes!".

Amazing how a pathological liar ends up changing their own truth. Always blows my mind.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I hope SCOTUS knows they fuck around, it is the end of the consensus legitimacy of the Court.

I predict the right wing judges will ignore Trump & co. Any POTUS is a flash in the pan to a SCOTUS life tenure. Plus, they need the imprimatur of legitimacy when they fuck us hard in terms to come in things like abortion and other theocracy fest decisions.

i'm more concerned they'll use the alabama naacp case to decide that dark money is constitutionally protected speech.

Edited by elfenix

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, our AG is asking for a pardon, and his 17 buddies are making sure they don't get primaried the next time they are up, and so they are just trying to protect President Trump's back.

They all know this will amount to nothing, but Paxton now has Trump's ear.

I realize this is the play. And I also realize that there is a 99 percent chance it will fail in the Supreme Court.

What is disheartening is the one percent chance, and the fact that one person would even ask for it, much less it being the AG of Texas and 17  Roman stooges. 

• Rage+1 1

I'm convinced that all the squawking and flailing via lawsuits started as Trump being a petty vindictive dick and for fundraising, but has shifted into him being convinced that he actually won bigly and was robbed. Guys like Trump who tell a lie often enough eventually turn that into their truth and legitimately believe the lie. He said it enough to talk himself into it.

Back when I was with a software startup the CEO was a lot like Trump. He had this feature that he wanted, and in demos he'd always tell the prospect we had the feature (we did not). One day he asked for a screenshot of the non existent feature and flipped out because he didn't believe the VP of Product that the feature didn't exist. "I saw it with my own eyes!".

Amazing how a pathological liar ends up changing their own truth. Always blows my mind.

This. And anyone with any experience with this pathology has seen Trump for that he is for as long as that person has known about Trump.

The lying is a pathology, it’s not just an expression.

As the "male", It's kind of difficult to fuck missionary and still be able to glance over at the Trump photos that adorn your cuckold chamber.  I think Cruz opts for a position that allows for more freedom of movement of the next so he can more easily admire the portraits of Dear Leader that festoon his quarters.  

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

heh

Not only have Plaintiffs failed to provide the Court with factual support for their extraordinary claims, but they have wholly failed to establish that they have standing for the Court to consider them. Allegations that find favor in the public sphere of gossip and innuendo cannot be a substitute for earnest pleadings and procedure in federal court.

In other words, Fever dreams aren’t evidence and you can gtfohwtmfbs. 

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

As the "male", It's kind of difficult to fuck missionary and still be able to glance over at the Trump photos that adorn your cuckold chamber.  I think Cruz opts for a position that allows for more freedom of movement of the next so he can more easily admire the portraits of Dear Leader that festoon his quarters.  

It’s definitely Amazon position for Ted with the Trump photos taped to the Celling 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I realize this is the play. And I also realize that there is a 99 percent chance it will fail in the Supreme Court.

What is disheartening is the one percent chance, and the fact that one person would even ask for it, much less it being the AG of Texas and 17  Roman stooges. 

If Paxton wasn't potentially in need of one helluva pardon, would he be making this play?  Because this is drawing a helluva lot of attention to the fact that he's in all kinds of legal troubles.

When over half-a-dozen of your hand-picked aides go to the feds and say you're crooked, you're pretty fucked.

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Including Georgia, who is apparently suing themselves.

Can't say I blame the AG there though. Kemp, Raffensperger, and Sterling are never going to sniff elected public office in that state ever again (assuming they remain Republicans) because, you know, morons.

she sued herself, man

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

We got 9,000 lawyers on here gonna pack up and leave a state they say they love, because not one of those 9,000 lawyers can figure out how to put a few crooks in jail.

Gotdammit, y'all. Reach down and get some Alamo back in you. Pick a place you like, hold it, and make the other guys so fuckin miserable that they leave.

Shhhhh, let the lawyers leave, then we'll fix Texas.

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

She said “Eat shit, Kenny!”.

We have an embarrassing football team, embarrassing political “leaders” and we gave our votes to Trump. 

If we didn’t have Whataburger and Franklin’s, I would say just nuke it from orbit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3