Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

GQP: 604,000+

Yes, every covid death the the GOP’s fault. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Over/under of total antifa true believers in the entirety of the United States? 500? 1000? 

You honestly believe it’s 1000?  I’d guess there’s more true Antifa folks than there are people that actually believe that Q bullshit. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

lolwut?

Yeah. Seemed like a bunch of idiots in black fighting a bunch of idiots wrapped in flags and SS patches during all the riots.   More of them than I’d of expected of each of them.   We don’t see it here but guessing the pacific NW harbors quite a few of them. 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You honestly believe it’s 1000?  I’d guess there’s more true Antifa folks than there are people that actually believe that Q bullshit. 

Look man, you're one of the least shitty conservatives here, but this is in the running for dumbest thing ever posted on the internet. Seriously. While I'm extremely jealous of the fact that you've clearly been able to protect your mental health from the absolute madness of conspiracy theorists, I can promise you you're extraordinarily wrong about this.

Using any definition that doesn't include anyone who is simply sympathetic to antifa (e.g. me), antifa is probably like 10,000 people in total across the country. It's like 10 people with semi-prominent twitter accounts helping doxx fascists and groups of dozens to a couple of hundred in a few different cities that occasionally organize to fight nazis when nazis invade their cities. 

Q-Anon, on the other hand, might be as much as 15% of America.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The guy who shot the the other guy here in Portland, he called himself 100% antifa. So that one for sure antifa member.

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yup. It really is. Most deaths could have prevented if the GOP had done a better job. They went the opposite direction and claimed it was a hoax. Fuck your revisionist history. I saw it. I lived it. You will not gaslight me.

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol, bullshit! 15-20% of Americans believe in Q Anon. In case you're as good at math as you are with context clues and common sense, that's roughly 50-66M people. There is no way there are that many people that identify as Antifa. Unless of course you count someone like me who takes the name on its face - Anti-Fascists. Then yes, by that measure, I am ANTIFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

While I'm extremely jealous of the fact that you've clearly been able to protect your mental health from the absolute madness of conspiracy theorists, I can promise you you're extraordinarily wrong about this.

I’ve told y’all a million times, I’m much more centrist than hard R.  But yes, Ive been able to pretty easily separate the normal dumb shit political stuff like having a shit electrical grid against Jew space lasers.  

13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Using any definition that doesn't include anyone who is simply sympathetic to antifa (e.g. me), antifa is probably like 10,000 people in total across the country.

I can accept that.  I definitely don’t study it, so I’ll buy what your selling.

Can’t quote without opening the link but I don’t buy that 15% of US is Q.   I may be wrong, but I cannot fathom how we are not a completely failed state if that is true.  I mean the Dotard didn’t even fuck with that, just blindly accepted their support (iirc)    If we are 15% Q, we need to stop all spending and get some mental health funding going  ASAP. And I say that as someone who would rather we have less social programs   

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Yup. It really is. Most deaths could have prevented if the GOP had done a better job. They went the opposite direction and claimed it was a hoax.

Yes. And somehow 10’s of millions of GOP voters never contracted it, much less died from it.  Fuck outta here with that bullshit. I understand they didn’t do much to help, but that doesn’t mean anyone who caught it and died falls on their shoulders. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes. And somehow 10’s of millions of GOP voters never contracted it, much less died from it.  Fuck outta here with that bullshit. I understand they didn’t do much to help, but that doesn’t mean anyone who caught it and died falls on their shoulders. 

So it was the Dems who refused to shut down international travel? It was the Dems who refused to get hospitals ventilators and PPP? It was the Dems who pushed HCQ and other quack remedies? It was the Dems who pushed back against mask mandates and stay at home orders? It was the Dems who called it a hoax and that it would be gone by Easter 2020? It was the Dems who said that there were microchips and 5G in the vaccines? It was the Dems who said the CDC could not be trusted and that Fauci was lying to us? It was the Dems who held massive rallies and large events during the height of the pandemic? It was Dems who called it the flu and that it wasn't a big deal? Is that your memory of things? If so, then you can absolutely and flagrantly go fuck yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Can’t quote without opening the link but I don’t buy that 15% of US is Q.   I may be wrong, but I cannot fathom how we are not a completely failed state if that is true.  I mean the Dotard didn’t even fuck with that, just blindly accepted their support (iirc)    If we are 15% Q, we need to stop all spending and get some mental health funding going  ASAP. And I say that as someone who would rather we have less social programs   

OmLnIA.gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I may be wrong, but I cannot fathom how we are not a completely failed state if that is true.  I mean the Dotard didn’t even fuck with that, just blindly accepted their support (iirc)    If we are 15% Q, we need to stop all spending and get some mental health funding going  ASAP. And I say that as someone who would rather we have less social programs   

mood welcome to the fucking show GIF

The Public Religion Research Institute actually published a study that is the source of that claim.

The survey was designed and conducted by PRRI and IFYC among a random sample of 5,149 adults (age 18 and up) living in all 50 states in the United States and who are part of Ipsos’s Knowledge Panel and an additional 476 who were recruited by Ipsos using opt-in survey panels to increase the sample sizes in smaller states. The full sample is weighted to be representative of the U.S. population. Interviews were conducted online between March 8 and 30, 2021. 

Respondents are recruited to the KnowledgePanel using an addressed-based sampling methodology from the Delivery Sequence File of the USPS – a database with full coverage of all delivery addresses in the U.S. As such, it covers all households regardless of their phone status, providing a representative online sample. Unlike opt-in panels, households are not permitted to “self-select” into the panel; and are generally limited to how many surveys they can take within a given time period. 

The initial sample drawn from the KnowledgePanel was adjusted using pre-stratification weights so that it approximates the adult U.S. population defined by the latest March supplement of the Current Population Survey.  Next, a probability proportional to size (PPS) sampling scheme was used to select a representative sample. 

To reduce the effects of any non-response bias, a post-stratification adjustment was applied based on demographic distributions from the most recent American Community Survey (ACS). The post-stratification weight rebalanced the sample based on the following benchmarks: age, race and ethnicity, gender, Census division, metro area, education, and income. The sample weighting was accomplished using an iterative proportional fitting (IFP) process that simultaneously balances the distributions of all variables. Weights were trimmed to prevent individual interviews from having too much influence on the final results. In addition to an overall national weight, separate weights were computed for each state to ensure that the demographic characteristics of the sample closely approximate the demographic characteristics of the target populations. The state-level post-stratification weights rebalanced the sample based on the following benchmarks: age, race and ethnicity, gender, education, and income.

These weights from the KnowledgePanel cases were then used as the benchmarks for the additional opt-in sample in a process called “calibration.” This calibration process is used to correct for inherent biases associated with nonprobability opt-in panels. The calibration methodology aims to realign respondents from nonprobability samples with respect to a multidimensional set of measures to improve their representation. 

The margin of error for the national survey is +/- 1.5 percentage points at the 95% level of confidence, including the design effect for the survey of 1.4. In addition to sampling error, surveys may also be subject to error or bias due to question wording, context, and order effects. Additional details about the KnowledgePanel can be found on the Ipsos website: 

The study lists its demographics and it's a pretty representative sample of America in my opinion.

PRRI-IFYC-May-2021-QAnon_1.png

and interestingly, there's a strong correlation between belief in conspiracy garbage and right wing news sources

PRRI-IFYC-May-2021-QAnon_2-1024x1019.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Who screamed xenophobia when Trump stopped travel to China?

”So get on down to Chinatown and hug a Chinaman”- Nancy Pelosi

How many people died because Pelosi pointed out the Trump admin's racist and xenophobic policies? I'll wait why you tally everything up.

29 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

So it was the Dems who refused to shut down international travel? It was the Dems who refused to get hospitals ventilators and PPP? It was the Dems who pushed HCQ and other quack remedies? It was the Dems who pushed back against mask mandates and stay at home orders? It was the Dems who called it a hoax and that it would be gone by Easter 2020? It was the Dems who said that there were microchips and 5G in the vaccines? It was the Dems who said the CDC could not be trusted and that Fauci was lying to us? It was the Dems who held massive rallies and large events during the height of the pandemic? It was Dems who called it the flu and that it wasn't a big deal? Is that your memory of things? If so, then you can absolutely and flagrantly go fuck yourself. 

There’s probably a post of you screaming RACIST when travel to and from China was banned.

I agree with everything else though

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

There’s probably a post of you screaming RACIST when travel to and from China was banned.

I agree with everything else though

Find it. I guarantee there isn't one. But even if there were, not one person died because I called them a racist - especially the one I was hoping would.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

One sentence out of a long paragraph doesn’t seem fair to you. I see your point, (though you, too, don’t tell the whole truth on that issue,) but not an acknowledgment of the rest of the laundry list.

See @StruggleBus response. 

Edited by Willfully Horn
Credit

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Mental health has nothing to do with believing conspiracy theories. People want to believe the fantastical. It’s a form of escapism. Mix in lower education, lower intelligence, lack of critical thinking skills, party sponsored propaganda outlets, and social media disinformation echo chambers. 

this will only get worse unless:

Reduce propaganda (Fox News, OANN, Newsmax)

Increase education (school funding) 

Regulate social media (no threats, disinformation)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Look around. We are.

Lol. No we aren’t.  This is something people who’ve never used up a passport say. 

It was the Dems who said that there were microchips and 5G in the vaccines?

Someone in the GOP said this?  Link? 

It was the Dems who said the CDC could not be trusted and that Fauci was lying to us?

I trusted the CDC until I saw them change course at the behest of the president (Trump). I’m not certain I trust them as much as I did (pretty much unwavering before that). Also, I don’t get the hate for Fauci, but not sure his handling of this will be as highly regarded by the end. 

Edited by fattyflattie

I can accept that.  I definitely don’t study it, so I’ll buy what your selling.

Dude it's extremely believable. I had several family members go full Q and basically cut off family last year. People all over the country of various political stripes in a variety of careers.

My social circle is not a rich Q target environment And I censor the fuck out of my social media because I don't want to find out that Cousin Ray Ray is nutier than squirrel shit.

Truth is in the middle. Competent leadership and unified messaging would have severely limited the impact instead of the stupid shit show we had.

Personal aside, every single person I know that got covid, or died from it was pretty right wing . Largely small town, gun nuts it's all a hoax, and the latest last week was a 65 year old newly minted anti vaxxer- he dead.
Global business travelers, east coast, west coast - no covid.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We are a failed state. Not because the government has lost all control, but because one political party is purposely sabotaging government. Their goal is to lower taxes and just let everything else go to shit. And almost half the country is fully on board with it. 

It will take at least a generation or two to get things going in a positive direction. The only thing that could speed it up is some catastrophic tragedy that wakes people up. But even a worldwide pandemic couldn't bring people together. We are in the middle of a political civil war that has already lasted 4 decades, and we probably haven't hit the peak of the shitstorm yet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

Truth is in the middle. Competent leadership and unified messaging would have severely limited the impact instead of the stupid shit show we had.

I agree 110%.   But it really wasn’t that hard to identify as a conservative, decide hey man this politicizing is dumb af, and don a mask and limit exposure. I mean it wasn’t hard to say nah I think I’ll not inject that bleach and take malaria pills Mr. hotel guy president. Just lower my taxes Orange man (he didn’t).  

4 hours ago, Incredulity said:

no one of importance.  the main criticisms from people with any influence were that it was impotent at best and probably counterproductive. 

it was yet another grievance lie bandied about by the right.  but username yada yada.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, elfenix said:

no one of importance.  the main criticisms from people with any influence were that it was impotent at best and probably counterproductive. 

it was yet another grievance lie bandied about by the right.  but username yada yada.

Biden isn’t, “of importance”.

Noted.

4:06 p.m.: Biden takes the stage in Iowa.

“You know we have right now a crisis with the coronavirus, emanating from China,” Biden tells supporters. “The national emergency and worldwide alerts. The American people need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it. That he is going to act rationally about it. In moments like this, this is where the credibility of a president is most needed, as he explains what we should and should not do. This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysterical xenophobia and fear mongering to lead the way instead of science.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/28/biden-xenophobia-travel-bans-chronology/

p.s.  it is a damning indictment that the WaPo waffles on the issue.

Edited by Incredulity

9 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Noted.

“You know we have right now a crisis with the coronavirus, emanating from China,” Biden tells supporters. “The national emergency and worldwide alerts. The American people need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it. That he is going to act rationally about it. In moments like this, this is where the credibility of a president is most needed, as he explains what we should and should not do. This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysterical xenophobia and fear mongering to lead the way instead of science.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/28/biden-xenophobia-travel-bans-chronology/

Worth a rocko yawn.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Noted.

A symbolic travel ban against some Chinese travelers was obligatory at best and xenophobic at worst. It served as Trump’s 2-3 things he cited as “Doing Something” about the virus.

He admitted he downplayed the virus

He admitted he took no responsibility

He confessed (many times) how much he hated testing, which was the best way to check the virus since one horrible aspect of the virus was how frequently it could pass from asymptomatic people to others. A healthiesh carrier could pass the virus on to others simply because they had no access to testing or did not get the results in a timely manner.

A public policy of slowing down testing or not doing every thing possible to utilize resources is devious.

How dare you sir! How dare you!
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

You clearly haven't skimmed the Q thread on Texags.

It was hundreds of pages long and so utterly ridiculous and over the top that those paragons of reason and rational thought over there were forced to delete it.   It was too retarded to and too extreme even for the Aggies. Chew on that. 

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It was hundreds of pages long and so utterly ridiculous and over the top that those paragons of reason and rational thought over there were forced to delete it.   It was too retarded to and too extreme even for the Aggies. Chew on that. 

Never go to that hell site, but wasn't that Q thread up for 3-4 years? Wonder what finally made them delete it. 

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Never go to that hell site, but wasn't that Q thread up for 3-4 years? Wonder what finally made them delete it. 

Jan 6 happened, and website owners freaked out that allowing dangerous idiots a safe place to share their hateful rhetoric and ramp each other up may get them in trouble. There was no moral epiphany or embarrassing self-reflection...if Trump wins the election, all of those threads are still going strong.

• Rage+1 1

On 6/24/2021 at 12:34 PM, RomaVicta said:

I think the concern about the "end of democracy as we know it" is a conclusion reached separately from the treasonous insurrection and coup de force.

I'll refer to the Brisket Ledge Papers as pre-dating the insurrection. The grim outlook regarding the fate of the republic has more to do with what some of us see as criminality in the GOP teamed with a party determination to bend every rule for power and the election and support of a party leader, Donald Trump, who wages his campaign on republican structures without a whit of subtlety.

I'll add here that I was likely harsh in my judgment of you earlier on.  I'll apologize for that. I don't name call as a rule, but I did lump you in with some people unfairly.

I would add that it has still more to do with an electorate in which close to a majority will actively elect these people.  An electorate so hateful, cruel, fearful and full of misguided "self interest."

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. No we aren’t.  This is something people who’ve never used up a passport say. 

Someone in the GOP said this?  Link? 

Nah, you can go ahead and google that yourself. I'm not your errand boy nor am I here to spoon-feed you information. I'll get you started. You can even copy pasta this if you're feeling lazy: kennedy covid 5g

Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Nah, you can go ahead and google that yourself. I'm not your errand boy nor am I here to spoon-feed you information. I'll get you started. You can even copy pasta this if you're feeling lazy: kennedy covid 5g

Enjoy!

So your proof that the GOP was spreading 5G rumors was a link to a Democratic voter, a direct descendent of the most famous political family in our country, who are also all democratic voters?   Torbush.gif       Please tell me you are not an attorney. 

20 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

You clearly haven't skimmed the Q thread on Texags.

The only thing I can think of that would even compare to that would be skimming the Q thread on a blowU board.  No, I do not venture to the aggy political boards.  Some of yall are masochists. 

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, you clearly did not google that. I think you're gonna feel kinda stupid when you do.

And Kennedy was just one example. There are others. Feel free to find them

I googled it.  I read about half of it, saw some shit about Trump being an anti-vaxxer in past blah blah.