Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I googled it.  I read about half of it, saw some shit about Trump being an anti-vaxxer in past blah blah.    

you know, you're right.  I was misremembering this particular one, so I will concede I was wrong. It does not, however, change the fact that 44% of republicans believed that the vaccine and 5G were somehow intertwined. That is well documented

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I would add that it has still more to do with an electorate in which close to a majority will actively elect these people.  An electorate so hateful, cruel, fearful and full of misguided "self interest."

The electorate is surely the problem as their choices keep GOPs in control of state governments, the Senate, and sometimes the White House. We'll slide into oblivion on the flume filled with their drool and spittle.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I only caught a little of this on the broadcast yesterday afternoon but there is some crazy shit if you look at the numbers. Trump made up ground compared to 2016 in most groups except white males

He lost the suburbs by 11, after winning them by 2.  He gained ground in urban areas and was +6 in rural areas from 2016.

Trump won men by 11 in 2016.  Only by 2 in 2020 (+30 to +17 with white men)

Biden won 33% white non college, which was 5 points better than HRC, but that demo is dying off

We know the Hispanic trends - Trump won 38% of them in 2020, up from 28% in 2016.  But Clinton, Bush and Obama saw similar jumps in Hispanic support during their second elections as well.  It's an incumbent thing. 

Again, the main takeaway is still that the suburban voters flipped from 2016 -> 2018 and are hostile to Republicans now.  And they always vote. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Republican Senators Urge Biden to End Trump-Initiated Trade War

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-01/biden-urged-to-end-trump-initiated-trade-war-by-gop-senate-group

The letter, dated Wednesday, was signed by Joni Ernst and Chuck Grassley of Iowa, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Mike Lee of Utah and Deb Fischer of Nebraska

a who's who of GOP jackasses

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Congrats to Joe Biden on building the greatest economy the world has ever seen!

Greatest economy ever while millions don't have healthcare, can't afford medical expenses, and can be bankrupted for getting injured or ill. USA!

1 hour ago, lmao said:

Greatest economy ever while millions don't have healthcare, can't afford medical expenses, and can be bankrupted for getting injured or ill. USA!

52 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Whoosh.

I’m choosing to take it in good faith and that he’s coming around to reality. I could be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

RNC research, huh? I bet your bookmark bar and Twitter follows are just a who's who of respected journalists.

It’s an unedited video. I understand it’s easier to discuss the source than comment on the video when it’s so cringeworthy.

Where is Jill? She needs a keep a closer eye on POTUS. He was obviously having an “off” day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

10 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I don't know what you're going through at the moment, but I hope you find yourself on the other side and better off for it soon. The last couple of trolling attempts I've seen from you recently have been extraordinarily week to the point that it's kind of sad. There used to be a real love of the game there, now it's clear you're just going through the motions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I've been critical of how unfortunate it is for our country that an old-as-balls career politician was (by far) the better candidate in a Presidential election. While the dementia talk is stupid, it would be ridiculous to suggest that he's always firing on all cylinders. And, maybe in a year or two, I'll grow tired of all the little Joe-isms; but, right now, after 5 years of listening to the kid who didn't read the book give the report, filling in empty spaces with blatant lies, it's too refreshing having someone who can at least string a coherent sentence and a half together...even if he needs notes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I've been critical of how unfortunate it is for our country that an old-as-balls career politician was (by far) the better candidate in a Presidential election. While the dementia talk is stupid, it would be ridiculous to suggest that he's always firing on all cylinders. And, maybe in a year or two, I'll grow tired of all the little Joe-isms; but, right now, after 5 years of listening to the kid who didn't read the book give the report, filling in empty spaces with blatant lies, it's too refreshing having someone who can at least string a coherent sentence and a half together...even if he needs notes.

The dementia talk is yet another projection from the right because they know that Dotard is dumb as shit and quite possibly demented himself. 

I remain fascinated that Republicans are deeply troubled by Biden's age (78), yet they somehow don't have any problem with Chuck Grassley (87), Richard Shelby (87), or Jim Inhofe (86), not to mention several members of the House.  Oh, but Diane Feinstein (88) is too old, too.

It almost seems hypocritical.

18 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I remain fascinated that Republicans are deeply troubled by Biden's age (78), yet they somehow don't have any problem with Chuck Grassley (87), Richard Shelby (87), or Jim Inhofe (86), not to mention several members of the House.  Oh, but Diane Feinstein (88) is too old, too.

It almost seems hypocritical.

Well they still think a guy who literally had dementia is the the greatest president we ever had

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well they still think a guy who literally had dementia is the the greatest president we ever had

Ronald Reagan is absolutely in the conversation for one of the greatest president's we've ever had. Differences in opinions, I guess. But do you think Ronnie had dementia during his tenure?

48 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Washpark’s deflationary headwinds getting ass stomped. 

You should read the accompanying article and look at the IMF assumptions:

"The outlook assumes $4.3 trillion in spending over the next decade from Biden's proposed American Jobs Plan (AJP) and American Families Plan (AFP).

Together those programs would fuel a more than 5 percent GDP increase for 2022-2024, the IMF estimated.

"Rather than just offering a short-term boost to demand that then fades away, the Jobs and Families Plans are expected to produce a lasting improvement in income and living standards for many years to come," IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva told reporters.

However, if Congress fails to approve the legislation or sharply curtails the size, that would reduce the growth boost."

In their hypothetical, Repubs vote for pro-growth strategies.  That's not reality. And in this case, Republicans are a part of the deflationary headwinds, which have been with us since the 1970's. Our whole economic policy is based on Inflate or Die. 

TLDR: Growth is good in times of deflationary headwinds present since the 70's.

3 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

You should read the accompanying article and look at the IMF assumptions:

"The outlook assumes $4.3 trillion in spending over the next decade from Biden's proposed American Jobs Plan (AJP) and American Families Plan (AFP).

Together those programs would fuel a more than 5 percent GDP increase for 2022-2024, the IMF estimated.

"Rather than just offering a short-term boost to demand that then fades away, the Jobs and Families Plans are expected to produce a lasting improvement in income and living standards for many years to come," IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva told reporters.

However, if Congress fails to approve the legislation or sharply curtails the size, that would reduce the growth boost."

In their hypothetical, Repubs vote for pro-growth strategies.  That's not reality. And in this case, Republicans are a part of the deflationary headwinds, which have been with us since the 1970's. Our whole economic policy is based on Inflate or Die. 

TLDR: Growth is good in times of deflationary headwinds present since the 70's.

So we need to get back to the 1970’s era of > 15% interest rates?  Can’t fucking wait. 

40 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Ronald Reagan is absolutely in the conversation for one of the greatest president's we've ever had. Differences in opinions, I guess. But do you think Ronnie had dementia during his tenure?

Fuck Ronald Reagan. It’s revealing that this fuck is held up as one of the greats by the GQP. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1