A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

41 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Then it was poorly executed. No recommendation to bring raincoats nor use of some form of “-o-matic” in the gag. Whoever that came from could use better writers.

It’s a play on the Sea World dolphin show (which I highly recommend) notification.  

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

200.gif

It drives me nuts when companies spend a shitload of money on production a movie, and then somebody in wardrobe doesn't have a simple fucking ruler around when attaching insignias to uniforms.

I don't remember Alphas having epaulets.  And his bars look like the ones that go on a coat, not a shirt (they're too big).  And you wear your nametag above the pocket, not on the flap.  But hey, it was 'Nam.  There were no rules.

Guest Lobo

are you saying he wasn't on the level?

Love the Lt. Hauk connection though because I keep encountering unfunny Trump supporters who insist that people aren't laughing with them because they're snowflake/cancel culture marauders.  But the simple explanation is they're not funny, they're sad.  They're the Lt. Hauks of American Society.  It's the middle aged fat jackass at the 4th of July BBQ who just keeps cracking shitty joke after shitty joke, who finally has to declare, "I'll have you know...Facebook Digest is considering publishing two of my jokes."  

On 7/4/2021 at 11:10 AM, Bullneck said:

Yes, Donald, people know.  They're called accountants.  You've employed a fleet of them over the years and they would have literally forced you to declare these things and pay taxes on them, except that you forgot to disclose everything to your accountants.  You probably accidentally showed them the wrong set of books.  Because you're a fucking criminal.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Its current HQ is Orlando, but its home will always be San Diego.

Which, as we all know, translates to ‘Killer Whale’s Vagina.’

55 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That video is definitely one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Seriously what the fuck is up with that? 

That's just a video of a dork doing dorky things while thinking it's cool. It's what separates the dorks from normals.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

i had a company car for 18 years. I always had to claim my personal mileage or the company just took out a set amount every month 

How were you able to figure out the incredibly complex/opaque tax laws regarding this situation when the man who knows the tax laws better than anybody else can't figure them out?  Are you the CPA for the National CPA Association? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I don't remember Alphas having epaulets.  And his bars look like the ones that go on a coat, not a shirt (they're too big).  And you wear your nametag above the pocket, not on the flap.  But hey, it was 'Nam.  There were no rules.

I didn't even notice the name tag because it was cut off.

29 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Where you in the shit?

Back in the 90s.  I was at Fort Sill, which is in Oklahoma, which is shit.

That stuff bugs me because even 25 years later, I recognize it instantly.  I have a friend who spent 15 years doing costume design, and I know costuming people have notebooks full of notes/details on all kinds of stuff.  A few illustrated pages would cover the basics for all 5 branches, both enlisted and officer.

The guy in charge of costumes for Good Morning Vietnam was also in charge of the costumes for Full Metal Jacket, but me thinks that R. Lee Ermey would have caught any major fuckups, at least in his part of the movie.

22 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

You know how I know you're not old?

Sea World San Diego opened in 1964.

I know they started in San Diego but they’re now based in Orlando. I’ve never been to the San Diego location. I’ve only been to the Orlando location. (They even had a location in Ohio but who wants to go to Sea World Ohio? Go to Cedar Point and ride the roller coasters.)

Disney Land preceded Disney World and I’ve been to both.  Disney World is far superior. Do you suppose the same is true of Sea World? It doesn’t really matter, though, because the fact is that Sea World headquarters is currently based in Orlando. That’s not a matter for debate. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Before I watched that video I didn’t like mark zuckerberg. 

After watching that video he needs to be rounded up, tarred and feathered and thrown into a maximum security facility until his ultimate fate can be determined. 

At least he wasn't drinking beer from his shoe at an important baseball game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 3

Guest Lobo

6 months outta office.  Has he started a book, laid the foundation for a presidential library, traveled on a goodwill tour, worked on a charity or foundation or non-profit cause, offered to help in his new neighbors in South Florida with the Miami tower that crumbled, or even taken his grandchildren swimming for the summer?  

No.  He has spent 6 months bragging about a cognitive quiz given in a "Highlights for Kids" magazine accidentally left in his urologists office by a child patient from across the hall.  Because he's an impotent incompetent.  You're losing votes every week Mr. Trump.  Not because you're stupid, but because you're inactive.  You're being dormant.  Your shitheap base doesn't cotton to that.  

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement