A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

yeah, not clicking that. 

But it's Kid Rock talking to Tucker Carlson! Don't you care what Kid Rock has to say?!

Supposedly the issue in Bragg's office was whether they could prove "criminal intent."  While that is always an issue in a criminal case, I find it difficult to believe that they thought that really an issue.

This article, https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-the-case-against-donald-trump-in-manhattan-20220301-lll5cnd5xzf7ziybg457nktvce-story.html points out that NY does not have a "bank fraud" statute, like the feds and most states, where the act of knowingly providing a false financial statement for purposes of obtaining  loan is a serious felony.  See, e.g. 18 USC 1344 (federal) and Tex. Penal Code 32.32, both of which make what Trump did a 20-year-plus felony.

That gets prosecuted in NY, apparently, as theft or larceny, which requires proof that the thief intended to permanently deprive the owner of the property (that's very common in theft statutes).  So, if a loan made on a fraudulent financial statement was paid back or could be alleged to be "intended" to be paid back, that might provide a complete defense to the charge.

NY state has some pretty fucked up laws, I have learned in the Trump era.  I don't know the history of them, but it seems that Wall Street fat cats have lobbied to make it harder to prosecute their shenanigans.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Rage+1 1

If there is one thing about Trump that I know, it's that his lawsuits are always based in merit and feature well-formed arguments.

I mean, he went 59-1 on the election lawsuits alone... what's that? It's backwards? What do you mean? He went 1-59? How is that possible? Wouldn't you get the hint after the third or fourth one?

I withdraw my comment.

Just couple of pearls from this "RICO" filling.

316. The Plaintiff is entitled to recover, pursuant to Title 18 United States Code § 1964(c), treble damages in the amount to be determined by offer of proof at time of trial. The Plaintiff is also entitled to recover attorneys' fees and costs of this litigation, as well as damages arising from lost profits and/or lost business opportunities attributable to the activities engaged in by defendants committed in furtherance of the Enterprise. WHEREFORE, the Plaintiff, Donald J. Trump, respectfully requests that this Court enter a Judgment for Donald J. Trump and against the Defendants, Hillary Clinton, HFACC, Inc., the Democratic National Committee, Perkins Coie, LLP, Michael Sussmann, and Marc Elias for damages, including Compensatory and Treble damages, costs, attorneys’ fees, and such further and other relief as this honorable Court may deem just and proper.

323. As a direct and proximate result of RICO Conspiracy Defendants’ actions, the Plaintiff has been injured in his business and property has suffered, and continues to suffer, significant damages, including but not limited to, actual, compensatory, special, incidental, and consequential damages in addition to costs of defense and attorneys’ fees. 324. Among other things, the Plaintiff was forced to incur expenses in an amount to be determined at trial, but known to be in excess of twenty-four million dollars ($24,000,000) and continuing to accrue, in the form of defense costs, legal fees, and related expenses incurred in connection with his effort to defend against the Defendants’ actions and the various federal investigations and/or official proceedings arose therefrom. 325. The Plaintiff is entitled to recover, pursuant to Title 18 United States Code § 1964(c), treble damages in the amount to be determined by offer of proof at time of trial. The Plaintiff is also entitled to recover attorneys' fees and costs of this litigation, as well as damages arising from lost profits and/or lost business opportunities attributable to the activities engaged in by defendants committed in furtherance of the Enterprise.

328. At all relevant times, the Defendants acted with actual malice, as they knew that the Plaintiff was not colluding with Russia or, at a minimum, acted with reckless abandon as to the truth of whether the Plaintiff had colluded with Russia; despite said knowledge, the Defendants conspired to disseminate false information and spread a false narrative in an attempt to ruin the Plaintiff

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

What attorney would attach themselves to this?  a) there is no WAY they would get paid  and b) why would they even bother?

https://www.lawyer.com/alina-eyet.html

(I don't know if she filed this suit, but she's been repping Trump for some time now)

alina-habba.jpg?id=29384841&width=1200&c

Edited by Francisco 2.0

What attorney would attach themselves to this?  a) there is no WAY they would get paid  and b) why would they even bother?
According to the filling it is The Ticktin Law Group out of Deerfield Beach, FL......who's website seems to be down now, ironically.

A 2 star yelp reviewed law practice. Trump continues his practice of only hiring "the best" people.a4eb9b3247ead56603c9822da04ee6cc.jpg

5 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

According to the filling it is The Ticktin Law Group out of Deerfield Beach, FL......who's website seems to be down now, ironically.

A 2 star yelp reviewed law practice. Trump continues his practice of only hiring "the best" people.a4eb9b3247ead56603c9822da04ee6cc.jpg

That's the local counsel that Alina Habba retained to get the complaint filed while she awaits pro hac vice admission. 

Ticktin evidently is also an author, and published a memoir of his time in the "service" with cadet bonespurs. 

51Go-75Qs-L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh, and their specialties:

Mortgage Foreclosure Defense, Personal Injury, Employment Law, Intellectual Property, Storm Damage, Business and Entertainment Law, Family Law, Probate, Business Law, General Litigation, Landlord Tenant, and Construction

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

Mortgage Foreclosure Defense, Personal Injury, Employment Law, Intellectual Property, Storm Damage, Business and Entertainment Law, Family Law, Probate, Business Law, General Litigation, Landlord Tenant, and Construction

What Is QAnon? Here's What You Need To Know About The Baseless  Mega-Conspiracy Theory

• Haha 3

Form their reviews...   And look at #3.    They should certainly have paid attention to Trump's payment record, right?

They have thousands too many cases per lawyer, do not spend the requisite time needed on the cases, have incomplete knowledge of both State and Federal court procedures vital to your case.

Mr. Ticktin was indeed disciplined twice by the Bar and I was also unfortunate enough to encounter this doddering old man not paying any attention to his firm, failing memory, and presiding over a bunch of ignorant young lawyers not getting the guidance they needed. They did not even have the required legal research books in the offices when I asked the young lawyers about what they did when they didn't know things, needed court forms, etc.

Mr. Ticktin will charm you but do not be deceived. Simple bait and switch. He will not be working on your case and on his best day he will not know the facts or the law. He should not be allowed to set foot in court.

Ticktin law did more things wrong on my case than I could recite. The resulting loss was of case worth more than half a million dollars and they refused to do anything to make things right. This is not counting YEARS of my life wasted and no way to remedy the mess they made as once I discovered the scope of it.

Avoid like the plague.

I only wish I could rate -0- as I believe this is the worst possible firm on earth and the most despicable human beings! They brag about leading 9,000 cases? Yes, how much attention do you think they can give any one client and their individual needs by taking on that many cases? I was most unfortunate to have retained this firm, and they still can not produce who it was my that was my true leading attorney or actually anyone assigned to my case, after Ticktin was suspended from the Bar. They failed to run a conflict of interest check for 16 months, and when they finally realized they had a conflict, they simply withdrew, just months shy of a scheduled trial, having done not one thing in preparation for a trial that they could produce or share with a new attorney. No other attorney would take my case at that late date. Peter Ticktin has already been suspended by the Bar once and there is literally an enormous stack of complaints against him with the Bar, just ask them. Wonder why the Bar continues to allow him to practice in spite of the mountain of complaints against him? Why is the Bar is not holding attorneys accountable for their actions and lack of proper action? Ask Ticktin Law Group how many cases the firm has actually won in Mortgage cases, then ask them to show you? Do your research before retaining this firm, you will surely change your mind and run! As you should. Call the Florida Bar, read the real reviews and do your homework. Ask around town about their reputation before retaining them. Just ask, you will see!

For about 3 years I was a client of the Ticktin Law Group, they were defending my foreclosure situation (First and Second Loan). Spent several thousand of dollars on forensic investigations and their monthly fees. All the while, I had very little contact with my assigned attorney, Lidor Kantor, except when it was coming time for trial, then he seemed to call quite often, mostly trying to talk me into accepting a 60 day negotiation (so a Loan Modification could be done) instead of going to trial. I accepted the 60 days, and the Ticktin Law Group did not follow up on the Loan Modification, it was declined.
With a court sale approaching, I stopped paying the Ticktin Law Group, which they still tried to collect.
I was able to re-submit the Loan Modification package myself and get it approved with the First Mortgage.
A few months later, the Ticktin Law Group sends me a notice that they are removing themselves from the case. Three weeks later I receive a notice that my second mortgage is scheduled for trial; funny how that works...
I contacted several attorneys, but no one would take the case since the Ticktin Law Group has all the documentation and the trial is scheduled within three weeks. I contacted the Ticktin Law Group and they refuse to take the case because I "did not pay them for three months and they had to remove themselves" as my attorney. So after all those years of paying them, and paying them do all the forensics and collect all this information, now that my second is going to trial they want nothing to do with my case. Why? I believe (and according to the Ticktin Law Group) my second mortgage is a very weak case against me, which means they would actually have to go to trial…
Obviously this is not a business who cares about anything other than their payments.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Reminds me Danny DeVito's office signage in the movie "Twins"

"Sports Agent

Artist Representative

Import/Export

Automotive Sales-Rental-Leasing

Wholesale Patio Furniture" 

throw in some quality socks, and you got yourself a legit law practice.  Seriously, how do Trump fans justify shit like this in their brains? 

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Seriously, how do Trump fans justify shit like this in their brains? 

I know this is difficult for you or I to comprehend, but they believe that Trump is smarter than any attorney alive---or anyone on the planet, actually---and that he decided that he could win this case on its merits, and instructed a cadre of attorneys to file the suit on his behalf.

I get that.  I think.  Maybe.  I dunno.

But like stupid people in America reconcile fallen rich people all the time.  They watch shows about it and revel in the downfall of somebody who got taken down by the law, or investors, or the government, or rivals, or whatever.  Like people accept that billionaires get arrested, or go bankrupt, or commit suicide, etc.  And mainstream America shrugs and says, "Yeah well...you had a good run.  Now tough shit."  

But this guy has absolutely none of the trappings of a billionaire.  Never mind his leverage profile and his balance sheet, he's got a lot of idolators who at least know a little bit about business and wealth.  And nobody stops to think, "that's weird that he has no family office, no plane, no yacht, no foundation, no buildings at a university named after him, no brokers ever tell tales outta school about some position he shorted/went long on, he's not a JV/sidecar on any significant private deal not named 'Trump', no diversification, nothing of the sort.  Not a single thing that every other billionaire on the planet does.  Just multiple bankruptcies, a crushing capital stack of debt, and pays almost no taxes despite these 'tremendous K-1's and capital gains.'   Hmmm, weird."  Nobody finds it weird that the one billionaire they just to admire is the one that has nothing to do with anything of a typical billionaire.  I guess they think that's the allure, that he doesn't play by the rules?  

I asked this on the non-political Trump finance thread on DT last year and it was just one response after another to the effect of, "You don't get it because you're not smart enough/not successful enough, Lobo!"  

And now the piece-de-resistance......the guy hires, for the most important work of his life, a law firm specializing in Storm Damage Law.  Which, as well know...is an off-shoot of Wind Law.  Which causes Cancer.  And.  Here.  We.  All.  Are.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

But like stupid people in America reconcile fallen rich people all the time.  They watch shows about it and revel in the downfall of somebody who got taken down by the law, or investors, or the government, or rivals, or whatever.  Like people accept that billionaires get arrested, or go bankrupt, or commit suicide, etc.  And mainstream America shrugs and says, "Yeah well...you had a good run.  Now tough shit."  

But this guy has absolutely none of the trappings of a billionaire.  Never mind his leverage profile and his balance sheet, he's got a lot of idolators who at least know a little bit about business and wealth.  And nobody stops to think, "that's weird that he has no family office, no plane, no yacht, no foundation, no buildings at a university named after him, no brokers ever tell tales outta school about some position he shorted/went long on, he's not a JV/sidecar on any significant private deal not named 'Trump', no diversification, nothing of the sort.  Not a single thing that every other billionaire on the planet does.  Just multiple bankruptcies, a crushing capital stack of debt, and pays almost no taxes despite these 'tremendous K-1's and capital gains.'   Hmmm, weird."  Nobody finds it weird that the one billionaire they just to admire is the one that has nothing to do with anything of a typical billionaire.  I guess they think that's the allure, that he doesn't play by the rules?  

I asked this on the non-political Trump finance thread on DT last year and it was just one response after another to the effect of, "You don't get it because you're not smart enough/not successful enough, Lobo!"  

And now the piece-de-resistance......the guy hires, for the most important work of his life, a law firm specializing in Storm Damage Law.  Which, as well know...is an off-shoot of Wind Law.  Which causes Cancer.  And.  Here.  We.  All.  Are.  

The answer is that his supporters don't get it (financial stuff) either but do get what Trump is selling.   White people good, everyone else bad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hunter Biden?  I don't think I've ever typed his name out on here in my life.  Same with Albert.  I mean, I know I use Frank, but I don't get the other two mentions. 

No, the correct answer was the other phantom boogeyman behind all this Trump voter shit along with the Clintons and George Soros, a Mister Ronan Sinatra.  

1 hour ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

323. As a direct and proximate result of RICO Conspiracy Defendants’ actions, the Plaintiff has been injured in his business and property has suffered, and continues to suffer, significant damages, including but not limited to, actual, compensatory, special, incidental, and consequential damages in addition to costs of defense and attorneys’ fees. 324. Among other things, the Plaintiff was forced to incur expenses in an amount to be determined at trial, but known to be in excess of twenty-four million dollars ($24,000,000) and continuing to accrue, in the form of defense costs, legal fees, and related expenses incurred in connection with his effort to defend against the Defendants’ actions and the various federal investigations and/or official proceedings arose therefrom.

Getting treble damages on expenses that you never paid and never will pay?

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You and I have both said this ad nauseam on here the last four years.  He's not a billionaire.  He's what rubes think a billionaire looks and acts like.  Hillary's number one mistake in 2016 was not hammering this home every chance she got.

I get it.  But in this day and age where it's so easy to find out information on billionaires, be it on TV, online, streaming shows, etc.  How do they not see he actually does not look nor act like any other billionaire?  They used to be shrouded in mystery and mystique, and for designed reasons.  But many of them are on full public display.  And surely people must see he's nothing like any of them.  Even if they don't understand his finances.  He's more like a Robin Leach billionaire from the old 80's TV show, but even those guys had boats.  It's like the thing with why people think he's an alpha male.  Even though he exhibits literally Zero of the cliche top 10 traits of a "man's man."  If you gave him a fishing pole, he'd accidentally snag Eric's mouth with the hook.

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You and I have both said this ad nauseam on here the last four years.  He's not a billionaire.  He's what rubes think a billionaire looks and acts like.  Hillary's number one mistake in 2016 was not hammering this home every chance she got.

I think her campaign didn't do this because making him poor might make him more attractive to the simple folk.  I think it's a surprise to most that the rubes somehow think a "billionaire" is looking out for their best interest.

12 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I lol at the folks he hires. Every other serious politician has someone like James fucking Baker representing them.  (Or literally James Baker in the case of bush v gore) Donald only shops at the Hollywood upstairs law school.  Dudes that 80% of this board are more successful than.

He used to have lawyers of some substance at least.  They've all fired him.

In addition to many other frailties of that lawsuit, it complains of actions that took place mostly before the 2016 election.

The problem with that is that the Civil RICO statute of limitations is four years.  And most of the other claims are shorter than that.

My bold prediction:  this lawsuit will be shot into the sun without whisky or hash browns.

• Haha 5

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement