A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

So Trump illegally stole about 1000 documents, including those with the top most security classification in government. Back in January, the government recovered 700.

Then sometime after this May letter, a Trump attorney signed an affidavit that lied and said all material was given back, and the DOJ then obtained MAL security footage. When the search warrant was executed, an additional *300* documents were found. 

I shouldn’t be shocked with Trump, but this is shocking. 

I thought I read it was more total documents, with 1000 being highly classified...

Maybe I'm wrong

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

Man, remember when someone shot off their mouth that the GOP was distancing itself from Trump and told him they’d stop paying legal fees if he didn’t back off and then I said “lol the GOP can’t get away from trump he will drag them down with him” and then that same someone doubled down and told me I had no idea what I was talking about. Cuz I ‘member. 

I agree they can’t get away from him but disagree that he’s “bringing them down with him.” In a sane country republicans would be losing every election everywhere. Instead last I saw polls are showing them taking back the house in November. It’s just fucking disgusting what they’ve done to this country.

• Hook 'Em 3

JFC, I started reading the John Solomon article and these fuckwads are really trying to spin that this new revelation is bad for Biden and good for Trump!?  What in the actal fuck?  I know they reside in an alternative reality, but it's shocking (even for that cunt Solomon) they would try to put out this letter as damaging to Biden. 

Who gives a fuck if Biden knew about it/authorized DOJ to move forward!?  It would be a dereliction of duty if Biden DIDN'T do that in this situation.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

he wants to get thru the midterms.  then he can formally announce.  then he can go make speeches and say, "can you believe what democrats are doing to the frontrunner for the republican party nomination?  they're scared of me, because i'm the best president and this will be my 3rd victory in a row."

the closer he comes to being a candidate, the more he can say "this is political" and sound like it's accurate.  it's not about having everyone believe the lie, it's about having enough people believe the lie.

I get your cynicism but you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Of course they released it. They already know that not one of the maga freaks will read it for themselves. They'll just wait to be told what it says...

Not one of the maga freaks read the transcript of the call to Ukraine... They all just somehow knew it was A PERFECT PHONE CALL 111!1

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

10 minutes ago, SKJ said:

Of course they released it. They already know that not one of the maga freaks will read it for themselves. They'll just wait to be told what it says...

Right. And they will focus exclusively on the personal drama, the narrative that Biden ordered a “raid” of Trump’s house. Because that’s the Trump-centric lens through which these dipshits view all politics. 

There are 400 million Americans and these assholes believe the only one that matters is one pathetic spray-tanned jackass. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, SKJ said:

Not one of the maga freaks read the transcript of the call to Ukraine... They all just somehow knew it was A PERFECT PHONE CALL 111!1

Yes but when he gets charged with crimes and the case goes to court the letter will brightly illustrate trump's intent to steal hundreds of the most highly classified documents in government, and how the government's actions were both patient and devoid of political gamesmanship.

1 hour ago, SKJ said:

To be fair, until the Dems learn to drown the fascists without care for how it looks, we're fucked. 

We have one party that's fine doing whatever they want to achieve a stated goal and another that doesn't want to appear to be mean.

Dems need to learn to have actual convictions. Fascists are waging war on this country and Dems are being pacifists...

You can't hug a bully into submission 

I just don't understand this line of thinking that has become so prevalent. You realize that half this country currently likes facism, right? That fighting it makes them double and triple down on their support? The ex-president has been found to have colluded with Russia in an election, incited an insurrection, has been caught stealing classified secrets, and for cooking the books with his charity, and is still the front runner for the nomination. His party is about to take back the fucking House. They are conducting full blown hearings on Jan 6 and the FBI had to raid his fucking house. And he could very will become president again. Pushing back against the bully isn't going to win elections and if they are defeated and lose both the legislative and executive, we will become a full blown fascist theocracy. It's not a handful of nutters anymore, it's half the fucking country. Half the entirety of our fucking electorate. People who would never in a million years vote dem for anything. I just don't understand what people with this line of thinking are expecting. It's one thing to stand up for a conviction even if you lose an election ala Liz Cheney, but if the entire party does it and loses power in both chambers and the presidency, it's far more dangerous than having to toe a line with these fucked up issues. It's not them, it's the electorate, people who are easily manipulated through fear and hatred, things the democratic party isn't capable of even if it tried because most positions are far more nuanced, things that republicans can avoid but democrats can't. It's why one party's electorate is hugely more educated than the other. Stupid people are easy to manipulate. Others aren't. Republicans have the stupids, they can't be swayed.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You are forgetting that he declassified all this material that the FBI planted in his home.  Keep up!

And now he needs a “special master” to look over the materials seized and tell him exactly what it was he declassified. You know, before the FBI planted it at Mar-a-Lago and which he totally wants returned because it’s his property. 

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It’s only arguably the highest profile pre-indictment case ever. That’s pretty embarrassing 

Because his lawyers are a bunch of ass-kissers who just do whatever Trump says. They either told him and he said "file it anyway" and they did so or they just didn't bother to tell him in order to avoid his wrath.

Hell, he wrote the dang thing himself from the looks of things. He still thinks he's president and that different rules apply to him. 

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It’s only arguably the highest profile pre-indictment case ever. That’s pretty embarrassing 

This is embarrassing mainly because of the high profile nature of the case. But I also know that individual courts always have their quirks on how they prefer filings, and some of them aren't entirely clear. I've certainly had clerks kick back filing for incredibly silly reasons in my view. I can't tell from this precisely what the issue is here. It may be a major issue. Or it could be as simple as something not titled exactly correctly, or filed under the wrong document type in ECF (from a menu that isn't always clear), or from someone recreating a form rather than using a copy on the Court's website. This sort of stuff happens all the time when first interacting with a new court.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I think you’re right- I think that’s the total of classified material recovered. Jesus Christ 

That doesn't even include the subpoena response materials.

There were the original "15 boxes" that contained 700+ pages.

Then there was a subpoena for the rest, and I don't think we've seen an accounting of that.

And then 300 more pages from the search warrant.

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

It's really remarkable to be as stupid and ignorant as a propagandist like John Solomon, and to believe that letter is good for trump.

Actually, what that letter reflects is that Biden abstained from the decision, and left it to the DOJ whether the current administration should support or waive Trump's claim of executive privilege.

Regardless, that is the statutory role of the sitting President under the PRA.

Stupid motherfuckers.

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

This is embarrassing mainly because of the high profile nature of the case. But I also know that individual courts always have their quirks on how they prefer filings, and some of them aren't entirely clear. I've certainly had clerks kick back filing for incredibly silly reasons in my view. I can't tell from this precisely what the issue is here. It may be a major issue. Or it could be as simple as something not titled exactly correctly, or filed under the wrong document type in ECF (from a menu that isn't always clear), or from someone recreating a form rather than using a copy on the Court's website. This sort of stuff happens all the time when first interacting with a new court.

Still, though, Halligan is supposed to be local counsel, familiar with the local courts, and a good local counsel should head this stuff off at the pass.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

@henrygandorfI believe I've already done so. So why don't you go a head and explain the logic you used to decide to be a defeatist little bitch. 

just witnessing trump’s entire adult career. more specifically the past 7 years. legal procedure has never really mattered. 

now, instead of name calling, please show your work and explain how the noose is getting tighter and how this is the one time that all his tactics finally won’t work. 

logic lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I believe there are at least two likely categories for the documents that trump refused to turn over: mementos and stuff he wanted to hide from the FBI and Congress. That's serious enough but this third category wouldn't be a shocker.

Moreover, in the filing dotard's attorneys completely ignored the tv claim that he had declassified the documents. Note, since they were not declassified, neither trump nor his designees had any legal right to read them let alone possess them.

His attorneys also ignored in the filing that they were informed by NARA in no uncertain terms that there was zero legal basis for them to claim executive privilege.

"Sorry Dotard, but your desire to keep the documents is trumped by the government's needs to have them to protect national security and to assist ongoing criminal investigations."

He wants them back. He claims they're his. BUT THEY WERE PLANTED!!

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

All true.  But world attention on former POTUS filings means we, if agreeing to represent that treasonous shit-stain, would ALL be scouring the local rules and PACER with a magnifying glass - and reaching out to colleagues who practiced or clerked there before filing that abortion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I believe there are at least two likely categories for the documents that trump refused to turn over: mementos and stuff he wanted to hide from the FBI and Congress. That's serious enough but this third category wouldn't be a shocker.

I've been in the camp that this was all about vanity and him wanting to show off how important he was. That is clearly less likely the case as more information comes out. 

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

just witnessing trump’s entire adult career. more specifically the past 7 years. legal procedure has never really mattered. 

Help me out here, but doesn't he have a history of settling these cases out of court and then claiming he "won"?

Additionally, he no longer has the Office of the President as a shield so I don't see how that four year period is instructive in this case. 

here's his laundry list of legal issues: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donald_Trump

As you can see, he doesn't have a history of "beating the rap", but rather of settling and paying fines. 

He's definitely "teflon" in the political sense but in the legal arena he's anything but that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

now, instead of name calling, please show your work and explain how the noose is getting tighter and how this is the one time that all his tactics finally won’t work. 

logic lol. 

Just for starters he's not the president any longer. The AG, the USA's, the head of NARA no longer are his toadies. He had a bunch of subservient and idiotic lapdogs at the highest level of government, and those people combined with a bunch of gqp in Congress, allowed him to do pretty much anything he wanted. The toadies in the exec branch are gone, and the gqp is a minority in both houses of Congress. In place in the exec branch are people who are doing the job for which they were hired and their job description doesn't include aiding and abetting a criminal former president. I would think that should be obvious except, apparently, to the most ignorant around us.

In this case in particular the USDOJ and NARA have been patient and gone by the book. The former president was unreasonable, unresponsive and put the national security at risk, as he was clearly warned. People have been served long prison terms for much less. And while the US has not prosecuted a former president before it strongly bolsters their case that the gov't has been patient, persistent, clear in its communications, and fully descriptive of the consequences should he continue to ignore their entreaties.

In short, we have seen zero holes in the government's case so far despite team dotard throwing everything against the wall.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SKJ said:

Yep, this isn't about winning a legal battle.  It's about constructing a reality distortion field around Trump so that stupid people continue to believe in him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Just for starters he's not the president any longer. The AG, the USA's, the head of NARA no longer are his toadies. He had a bunch of subservient and idiotic lapdogs at the highest level of government, and those people combined with a bunch of gqp in Congress, allowed him to do pretty much anything he wanted. The toadies in the exec branch are gone, and the gqp is a minority in both houses of Congress. In place in the exec branch are people who are doing the job for which they were hired and their job description doesn't include aiding and abetting a criminal former president. I would think that should be obvious except, apparently, to the most ignorant around us.

In this case in particular the USDOJ and NARA have been patient and gone by the book. The former president was unreasonable, unresponsive and put the national security at risk, as he was clearly warned. People have been served long prison terms for much less. And while the US has not prosecuted a former president before it strongly bolsters their case that the gov't has been patient, persistent, clear in its communications, and fully descriptive of the consequences should he continue to ignore their entreaties.

In short, we have seen zero holes in the government's case so far despite team dotard throwing everything against the wall.

i hope you’re right. but he’ll never see the inside of a jail cell. my wish is that he spends time on house arrest and has an uncomfortable life spent shelling out millions and dealing with legal drama. 

unfortunately, he is still going to run for president. nothing will stop him, and he’ll probably win. he will definitely be the r nominee. just sick and tired of everyone on that side (not just trump) delay shit indefinitely and have it work out for them. there are a number of examples. 

now while the doj isn’t congress, i would still need to see some forward momentum before i decide this strategy, that has worked so often in the past, isn’t working now. it’s definitely what they’re attempting, which is why all the legal nonsense isn’t worth overanalyzing. 

and while sure, he’s no longer the president, we’re kidding ourselves if we think he’s gonna be treated like some random dude who stole classified docs. that’s already been clear. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chopper said:

This is all true, but he hasn’t even been indicted yet. What happens when he announces his candidacy for president? Will they have balls to indict him then? He’s going to delay the shit out of the legal process. What if he wins the election? I think I’m with Gandorf here. Hopefully I’m wrong 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nothing shocks me anymore. But I admit I expected him to abscond only with the silverware, the china, and maybe some paintings and other artwork.

We all agreed Trumpco was going to take anything not nailed down and that Dotard was a national security threat, but did anybody believe Trump would steal national security documents on his way out the door?  His team was monitored taking them.  We're always asking what absolute proof is available to of crimes and now there's a surplus.  If he killed a man in a busy city on a congested street, not only would he not lose followers, he wouldn't be charged.  That's what they ruled while he was president and hopefully, that no longer applies.  But the man is still walking free.  

33 minutes ago, Chopper said:

@henrygandorfI believe I've already done so. 

I don’t think that you have. Accusing someone of being cynical and not knowing what the fuck they’re talking about isn’t much of an argument. It looks to me like you’re the one being a “little bitch” (your words) in that conversation. Trump is already whining that investigation is a politically motivated “witch hunt” which is standard operating procedure for him. What makes you think that tactic isn’t going to get cranked up even further after he announces his candidacy for 2024?

18 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I've been in the camp that this was all about vanity and him wanting to show off how important he was.

this is what it is until it’s definitively proven to be something else. 

20 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Help me out here, but doesn't he have a history of settling these cases out of court and then claiming he "won"?

Additionally, he no longer has the Office of the President as a shield so I don't see how that four year period is instructive in this case. 

he will make some deal here and declare he won. still haven’t seen anywhere that says he can be restricted from running for and holding office. 

he’s not the president but he still acts like he has that type of protection. he will delay, distract, and obfuscate even if it means bringing the entire country down, he’s already halfway there. 

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Still, though, Halligan is supposed to be local counsel, familiar with the local courts, and a good local counsel should head this stuff off at the pass.  

An attny who wants to appear pro hac vice in FL's Southern District first needs to file a motion for permission to appear pro hac vice and of course have it accepted by the court. Also they can't file more than 3 motions to appear pro hac vice in one year.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement