A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Excluding her work on the J6 committee, Cheney is not helpful.  Like, in any way.

Yeah, but it is still an electoral college thing.  Any discussion on this that does not look at the swing states and EC counts is wasted time.  Would she pull enough votes from Trump in Ohio to put it in Biden's column, for example.  Trump will win the Maga States like Texas, Wyoming and Florida

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i live a lonely, miserable existence, why can't you just let me be?

dem votes don't necessarily come from dem voters.  there were more anti-trump biden votes in 2020 than there were anti-hillary trump votes in 2016.  and both numbers were far too high.

if cheney were to help defeat trump, she would need to run a coordinated anti-trump campaign speaking solely to the 6 states that will decide this election. 

i think trying to knee-cap trump in favor of desantis in the primary is the better solution because she cannot participate in the general.  biden is too moderate and aligns too closely with people who would see cheney as a "more sensible moderate option" because people are fucking idiots.

This this and more this.  This is the point.  There are WAY more people than anyone realizes that voted for Biden in 2020 that would IMMEDIATELY switch to any other R besides dotard.  Desantis, Cheney, fucking ANYONE.  They think that trump is the only problem.  They do not understand that the entire R party is compromised.  It's a really fucking dangerous game.  I can't believe it, but I'm actually ROOTING for dotard to win the primary at this point.  That's how fucked we are.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

This reminds me of Dwayne from What's Happening? getting on a hot streak betting on NFL games based on how much he liked their uniforms. If I remember correctly, I think the Tampa Bay OG Creamsicles went on a 2 game winning streak then, hoo boy, did shenanigans ensue!!!

The episode I remember most is the one where Rerun got caught making a bootleg recording of a Doobie Brothers concert. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Well she's not going to run in order to help Trump so there's no way she's running as an independent. Stupid fucking poll. Adding: Also paying attention to polls in a general election more than 2 years away is fucking stupid.

There was a Bulwark podcast on all of this.  She will not do anything that will help Trump.   And she would hurt Biden/help Trump if she ran as an independent.  Every political strategist I’ve read/listened to has said what that poll shows.

I think she’ll probably go on a kamikaze primary mission, with the hope that she has enough support and backing from people like the Koch’s and others to prevent states from skipping primaries and also forcing a debate.  The latter doesn’t happen unless Desantis and others are also running.  But I see her running in the GOP akin to Bernie in 2016.  

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

don't do this.

best case scenario, desantis wins the primary and (1) trump goes after him and the party by either sabotaging the convention or by (2) running independent, but trashes him at every stop to the point that the dems win by default, and also because (3) the crazies who cannot be polled who only come out for trump, stay fucking home.

we need an absolute in-fighting shit circus on the right where trump tries to bring down the whole party.  liz can help accomplish this.  in the primary.

It's all a fucking risk.  If the GOP candidate wins, regardless, we are all fucked.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

Trump is OU.  Don't ever, EVER, hope he wins anything.  Under any circumstances.  No good comes of it.

Man, I really just don’t know if this is true. It’s a completely fucked and unprecedented situation we are facing. If he wins, he drives up voter turnout on both sides (fuck you Ana) and if he loses, those that might have voted against him will either vote for the R candidate or not vote. He is not the problem. He is the symptom. 

4 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

This reminds me of Dwayne from What's Happening? getting on a hot streak betting on NFL games based on how much he liked their uniforms. If I remember correctly, I think the Tampa Bay OG Creamsicles went on a 2 game winning streak then, hoo boy, did shenanigans ensue!!!

because i look for traps, i had to go look this up

season 2 episode 8 "give me odds" aired on 11 november 77

the creamsicles broke their 0-26 streak in week 13 of the 77 season defeating the aints in nawlins on 11 december 77

and yes they won the next game (their first home win) over the ST.LOUIS cardinals 7 days later

for what it's worth

• Like 1

Candlelight dinner sounds so intimate and civilized. Some very fine people will be there, for sure.

spacer.png

In looking up the above, I was reminded of the below.

During the first presidential debate, President Donald Trump did not condemn white supremacists when asked to. He did tell the Proud Boys — a far right hate group — to "stand back and stand by."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

In looking up the above, I was reminded of the below.

During the first presidential debate, President Donald Trump did not condemn white supremacists when asked to. He did tell the Proud Boys — a far right hate group — to "stand back and stand by."

And they did...until Jan. 6. 

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

It's gonna be awesome when he's indicted.

Hate to be Debbie Downer but so far it looks like Garland was trying to pull this off without the public ever knowing about it.  

If Trump didn’t blow the whistle on himself with the “I’m Being RAIDED by the FBI” nonsense, we’d have likely not gotten wind of this. 

I hope I’m wrong but unfortunately, recent history is on my side here.  It looks more like “operation sweep under rug” than whatever it should be. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

"National Finance Chairman"

That's the fanciest title for whore I've ever seen

She would actually be one of the more respectable "finance chairmen" the GOP has had for a while, and would still be even if she was convicted for prostitution. Title was previously held by Michael Cohen (felon), Elliot Broidy (previous felony reduced to misdemeanor, second felony pardoned by Trump), Steve Wynn (sexual misconduct tab in the tens of millions of dollars, forced to register for FARA for representing Chinese government). 

The GOP is a criminal organization.  

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hate to be Debbie Downer but so far it looks like Garland was trying to pull this off without the public ever knowing about it.  

If Trump didn’t blow the whistle on himself with the “I’m Being RAIDED by the FBI” nonsense, we’d have likely not got winded of this. 

I hope I’m wrong but unfortunately, recent history is my side here.  It looks more like “operation sweep under rug” than whatever it should be. 

0 people on planet earth thought this wasn't going to get out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump had 300+ state secrets in his basement for 18 months without it getting out.  What does that statement alone tell you? 

The Feds didn’t leak anything, Trump did. 

yeah, he did.  just like the doj expected him to.  in what world do you think you can do a raid on a president's house and not have anyone notice?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chooky said:

If she ran as an independent I think she might hurt dems in the suburbs. If she runs in the GOP primary she'll be beaten like law enforcement on January 6th. She'd be an afterthought before she packed her bags to leave Iowa. 

Makes absolutely zero sense. If this poll was done legitimately, it's probably a mistake in information among the people polled. Centrist democrats aren't the ones with grievances against Biden, and if they are, once they look into Cheney outside of the Jan. 6 stuff, they'll see she's just as terrible on the issues as the rest of the far right. The more progressive voters who don't like Biden aren't switching to Cheney, they'll just stay home and bask in their own moral indignation. I guess it's possible that some sane republicans voted for Biden to ensure trump lost and they might be more willing to vote for Cheney, but they almost assuredly would go ahead and vote for Biden if they see a poll like this, since their vote was for the sole purpose of keeping the traitorous moron out of office. Either way, it's irrelevant, Cheney's lone redeeming value is that she understands who truly dangerous trump is, and if this is legit at all, she wouldn't do something that makes it more likely for him to win.

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

yeah, he did.  just like the doj expected him to.  in what world do you think you can do a raid on a president's house and not have anyone notice?

It wasn’t a raid.  The FBI agents showed up in plain clothes with a search warrant. Garland didn’t make a statement until he was forced to because Trump hit back with his call to arms.

This wasn’t a raid like we saw with Manafort or Stone and Wray is in hiding or something.  Very little about this case makes Garland look good. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I guess it's possible that some sane republicans voted for Biden to ensure trump lost and they might be more willing to vote for Cheney

This is exactly what the poll is saying would happen.  

of course, I didn’t even click on the tweet, only looked over what imbedded so it’s possible the poll is flawed with its questioning, its pool of respondents, other stuff, or a combination thereof. 

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If Trump didn’t blow the whistle on himself with the “I’m Being RAIDED by the FBI” nonsense, we’d have likely not gotten wind of this. 

I hope I’m wrong but unfortunately, recent history is on my side here.  It looks more like “operation sweep under rug” than whatever it should be. 

I don't think making it public knowledge that some extremely sensitive government secrets are unsecured in MAL would have served the national interest. The FBI doesn't know for sure that they have everything even now. Headlines announcing that some serious stuff might be in the wind makes a gaping security breech even worse.

DOJ hasn't tipped their hand on what their plans are. I'm neither optimistic or pessimistic; I'm just in the dark.

The crimes seem serious and Trumps manic rabble rousing and oddball legal moves indicate that he's pretty worried about it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"There it is folks, dig in. It's not getting any warmer. There's a cardboard cutout of me by the door you can get a picture while you leave. There, fulfilled all the obligations on the invite -- got food, some candles, take a picture. No refunds."

Trump's Fast Food Photo Op Tops This Week's Internet News | WIRED

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It wasn’t a raid.  The FBI agents showed up in plain clothes with a search warrant. Garland didn’t make a statement until he was forced too because Trump hit back with his call to arms.

This wasn’t a raid like we saw with Manafort or Stone and Wray is in hiding or something.  Very little about this case makes Garland look good. 

i 100% disagree with this take.  

this was measured and designed to have Trump speak out first, and let him stick himself in a box.  predictably, that's exactly what he did and ended up making a fool of himself with a multitude of new rationales/lies.

when stupid decides to speak, give him a stage and stay outta the way.

second, they knew what they had and were going to get, and there's absolutely no explaining that away.

Garland prosecuted Ted Kaczynski and Timothy McVeigh; he knows what he's doing and how to line up all the right targets in sequential order in big cases.  and you can bet your ass he's done that here 50-fold.   

he knows you don't try to fry this particular fish until it's absolutely certain it's going to be dropped in the grease.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement