A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Shocked I tell ya

I mean what kind of maga moron put this in place of dotard?  The cunt has proved again, and again, and again, and again that he is a fucking deadbeat.  He never pays for shit but vendor after vendor extend him credit. 

Fuck 'em all.  They deserve every single bit of financial hardship that's coming their way. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I mean what kind of maga moron put this in place of dotard?  The cunt has proved again, and again, and again, and again that he is a fucking deadbeat.  He never pays for shit but vendor after vendor extend him credit. 

Fuck 'em all.  They deserve every single bit of financial hardship that's coming their way. 

These are not the smartest people.

They are self selecting. You can bet that Dotard is only going to work with major vendors who “put skin in the game” and overextend credit. Developers try to do that kind of shit all the time. Probably the only thing that Trump is effective at is getting a line of rubes who will line up for the opportunity.

Interesting theory from CNN on why Trump was so adamant that he didn't have to turn over any of these documents: https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/25/politics/trump-maralago-documents-private-concerns-legal-tom-fitton/index.html

Cliff notes:

• The non-lawyer head of the Judicial Watch group told Trump that every document from his Presidency was his and not the govt's.
  • The theory stems from this same non-lawyer, who sued to obtain some specific Bill Clinton Presidential records.
  • He lost because a judge said that the National Archives doesn't have the right to designate documents/media as Presidential Records and therefore the documents were Clinton's. 
  • To be clear, the Clinton record in question was an interview with a historian and not nuclear secrets.

While we all speculated (& still do) that perhaps Trump was planning to sell this info, it's also just as likely Trump held onto these documents just because the docs were his.

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Interesting theory from CNN on why Trump was so adamant that he didn't have to turn over any of these documents: https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/25/politics/trump-maralago-documents-private-concerns-legal-tom-fitton/index.html

Cliff notes:

• The non-lawyer head of the Judicial Watch group told Trump that every document from his Presidency was his and not the govt's.
  • The theory stems from this same non-lawyer, who sued to obtain some specific Bill Clinton Presidential records.
  • He lost because a judge said that the National Archives doesn't have the right to designate documents/media as Presidential Records and therefore the documents were Clinton's. 
  • To be clear, the Clinton record in question was an interview with a historian and not nuclear secrets.

While we all speculated (& still do) that perhaps Trump was planning to sell this info, it's also just as likely Trump held onto these documents just because the docs were his.

I don’t understand why the media still grants anonymity to Trump sources when they’ve literally lied for like 6 years. But ok sure - some dark money org president is the real bad guy and manipulated Trump. Otherwise I’m so sure he would’ve given everything back the first 100 times the gov asked 

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cliff notes:

That article does two things: 1. Names the scapegoat; 2. Portrays the issue as an honest (if completely stupid) disagreement over what rights a former President has to retain documents.  It is an article that paints the best possible picture of Trump from the known data points.

It's possible it is true.  But, it's coming from the Trump camp and presents the best case interpretation.  So, big grain of salt.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I think he took them because he is really fucking stupid and they are like a souvenir he can brag about and show to people he wants to impress. Its like if you got a tour of your favorite sports franchise locker room and saw a jersey on a bench and swiped it. Now during your watch parties you can drag it out and brag about awesome it was to meet the MVP and he gave you his jersey (with tears in his eyes) because you are such an awesome fan.

never blame greed or malice when stupidity is an option- Occam

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I think he took them because he is really fucking stupid and they are like a souvenir he can brag about and show to people he wants to impress. Its like if you got a tour of your favorite sports franchise locker room and saw a jersey on a bench and swiped it. Now during your watch parties you can drag it out and brag about awesome it was to meet the MVP and he gave you his jersey (with tears in his eyes) because you are such an awesome fan.

He is that stupid, for sure.

But he's also a grifter whose businesses are leveraged to the hilt.  And these documents are worth a fortune to the wrong people.  Even a stupid man understands that.  So it needs to be treated as if he stole top secret documents to sell them to the highest bidder.  I don't see anything else that makes sense.  He certainly didn't steal them to read them himself.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I tend to lean this direction as well.  The safe is what gives me pause.  If he had something in the safe, that's not just a question of throwing all the shit in a box and stupidly claiming rights over it.  That would require some level of filtering, recognition of value, and dedicating resources to protect it.  I want to know what was in the safe.  

seven-brad-pitt.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Shocked I tell ya

I'll say it -- $1.6 million? That's nothing. One email to their user list asking for a donation to keep hearing from Trump would do that easily. If not, some investor will find that in the couch cushions.

21 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I'll say it -- $1.6 million? That's nothing. One email to their user list asking for a donation to keep hearing from Trump would do that easily. If not, some investor will find that in the couch cushions.

Trump's normal vendor strategy is to negotiate the invoice amount down after non-payment for months or years.  Ethical companies only do this when there are legitimate disagreements over charges. For Trump's world, it's standard operating procedure.

Trump could easily pay off this bill but in his world that is the sucker move.

EDIT: I'm sure that Trump's experienced vendors either 1) require a deposit that effectively covers months of non-payments 2) raise their rates to accommodate the eventual write-down when they accept a lower amount.  Or more likely, there are probably very few long-term Trump vendors. The few that exist are probably critical and Trump World knows they can't be screwed with. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump's normal vendor strategy is to negotiate the invoice amount down after non-payment for months or years.  Ethical companies only do this when there are legitimate disagreements over charges. For Trump's world, it's standard operating procedure.

Trump could easily pay off this bill but in his world that is the sucker move.

EDIT: I'm sure that Trump's experienced vendors either 1) require a deposit that effectively covers months of non-payments 2) raise their rates to accommodate the eventual write-down when they accept a lower amount.  Or more likely, there are probably very few long-term Trump vendors. The few that exist are probably critical and Trump World knows they can't be screwed with. 

This is not true. Lol. He is just broke. 

32 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is not true. Lol. He is just broke. 

Yeah, any "wealth" is tied into his properties, which are backed by foreign investors (namely Russia) who don't mind making deals they'll lose money on because, well, they get other arrangements. The only thing Trump has been successful at is getting his name and face out there. That's the value of "Trump", a big gold placard that stands for 80s New York success, and dumb people eat that shit up. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cliff notes:

That decision is here. https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2010cv1834-13

It cites to a DC Circuit case and concludes that the President makes the initial decision whether documents are "personal records" or "presidential records" subject to the PRA.  It then holds that NARA cannot be compelled to challenge that decision.  It also holds that NARA has discretion to challenge that decision.  Regardless, it is only a district court opinion, with little precedential value, but it doesn't really help Trump much.

NARA then is validly exercising its discretion to challenge whether those documents are presidential records, or not.  Moreover, the motion to appoint a special master alleges that some or most of the documents are executive privileged and that, again, is a judicial admission that those are "presidential" records, and not "personal" records, as there would be no claim of executive privilege pertaining to personal records.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement