A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

13 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Untreated PTSD probably didn’t help parenting much

True. But how many Americans saw combat? It's a remarkable small fraction of those who served.

I'm doing too much to sidetrack the thread. Stepping back, it seems dishonorable to discuss the WWII generation's sacrifices and flaws in a thread about a shit streak like cowardly Donald Trump.

I think we can all agree that Donald Trump would be one of the worst men of any generation.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Meh.  There was a great quote back then along the lines of “Its amazing how much money the public donates to charity because the government can’t do its job.”  Response was “No, it’s because the government WON’T do its job.”

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo.

And there is no better example of this than DOTUS himself.  Look at what he calls "the Art of the Deal" -- it's shit like agreeing to a contract with a cabinet installer, then when he's done $500k worth of work, stiffing him, using his cash-poor position as leverage to make him agree to take a lesser amount.  The Trump-worshippers call this a huge win, see how brilliant he is?  Nevermind that 1) that has no fucking honor or integrity or respect for the rule of law and contract and 2) shits on any notion of being a member of a larger community where we all benefit from dealing honestly and fairly with each other -- it's just fucking short-sighted.  You aren't going to get good bids for future work when you treat all of your contractors that way.

I have dealt with fights in that field.  The smart players realize that in a community (say, a city like Austin), you are going to have the same contractors and subs putting in bids on future contracts, because there are only so many who are qualified to work on big projects.  If you burn one, you burn a bridge....because even competitors talk.  "Be careful bidding on that Jackhole Inc. project -- he'll stiff you.  Get paid up front, or don't take the job."

Our entire system -- social, business, and political  -- depends on a baseline of good faith and integrity.  When that goes away, it ALL falls apart.  Don't fuck people over.  Don't be a dick.  We are ALL (including you) better off for it in the long run.  But nope, it's all "me me me" and "now now now" and no thought about the bigger repercussions for everyone including you.

It's a complete breakdown.....and half of our society fucking CHEERS IT ON AS "WINNING."  It's suicidal.

And yet, all of his bad-faith business dealings haven’t made him toxic to contractors. His stuff still gets financed, still gets built, still gets litigated. 

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And yet, all of his bad-faith business dealings haven’t made him toxic to contractors. His stuff still gets financed, still gets built, still gets litigated. 

Something I truly don't understand.   There are plenty of developers who end up toxic because of the exact shit he pulls, and they go under.  He is the most bulletproof human shitstain I have ever seen.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Something I truly don't understand.   There are plenty of developers who end up toxic because of the exact shit he pulls, and they go under.  He is the most bulletproof human shitstain I have ever seen.

He had to get in bed with the Russians because nobody else would lend him money

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This. This * 1000.

Without dirty Russian money he’s living as a joke and pauper slinging cheap steaks.

The story keeps coming back to Russia. It always will.

There is no Trump without Russia. Russian money. Russian collusion. Ukrainian shake down. And now Ukrainian / Russian war.

Its not a straight line. Life is t black and white. But this is a fucking deep shade of gray that we can’t forget / ignore. History books will be written. I just hope the winners who write it will be the good guys.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty much no matter his occupation, a guy that sues and gets sued as much as he does is a prima facie asshole and not anyone to do business with.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

This. This * 1000.

Without dirty Russian money he’s living as a joke and pauper slinging cheap steaks.

The story keeps coming back to Russia. It always will.

There is no Trump without Russia. Russian money. Russian collusion. Ukrainian shake down. And now Ukrainian / Russian war.

Its not a straight line. Life is t black and white. But this is a fucking deep shade of gray that we can’t forget / ignore. History books will be written. I just hope the winners who write it will be the good guys.

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Don't forget about the Saudis 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Tuco said:

I keep waiting for the Saudi scandal to drop. Jared was the de facto ambassador to the kingdom for like a year. You know shady shit went down.

Probably won’t happen. If Jared shared classified intelligence with MBS then he either did it in person or by encrypted communication via WhatsApp and we'll never know about it.

42 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Probably won’t happen. If Jared shared classified intelligence with MBS then he either did it in person or by encrypted communication via WhatsApp and we'll never know about it.

That would be the smart way.

But I am constantly amazed at my ability to overestimate this crew.  Everyone around tfg seems to be infected with a special mix of hubris and stupidity.  Witness Eric's pw/username gaff just in the last couple days.

So there's still hope this plastic mannequin come to life sent a .pdf through his yahoo email account.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

there's also this idea they have that they can constantly do whatever they want and get away with it.  a harsh lesson we've taught them by constantly letting them do whatever they want and get away with it.

The feds showing up at your house with a warrant to collect your stolen classified documents is met with "whaaaaaaat?? How dare they!!".

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/20/2022 at 9:20 PM, Brisketexan said:

I am in the conflict business, have been for a long time, and in my business I am far from alone in this observation: people have gotten fucking mean. They act like it’s ok to be mean. Many act like it’s actually a virtue, to be proud of. It’s exhausting and demoralizing for the rest of us. And it’s making it harder and harder to negotiate resolutions to disputes. Causing the other side to suffer is the point, the cruelty is the point. And every tactic is ok in furtherance of your cruelty. Lying? That’s winner talk there.

We’re in a bad place. And it’s getting worse, egged on by an entire side of the political spectrum. It’s fucking sick.

This.  I've been seeing tons of frivolous filings baselessly accusing people of misconduct.  Just shit flinging everywhere, and acting like this is a normal part of litigation, and then reveling in their shit flinging.  And then acting surprised when the other side is fed up with you.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Everyone around tfg seems to be infected with a special mix of hubris and stupidity.

The GOP has been characterized by a special blend of ignorance and arrogance for the past couple decades. As with most everything else, the Trumps took it and turned it up to 11. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Pretty much no matter his occupation, a guy that sues and gets sued as much as he does is a prima facie asshole and not anyone to do business with.

It's like buying on eBay from a guy who gets lots of negs but who argues in replies that it's because the customer was stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

It's like buying on eBay from a guy who gets lots of negs but who argues in replies that it's because the customer was stupid.

Trump is that kid, when you used to play Cowboys and Indians, who would be surrounded by eight guys shooting him, and then angrily declare that we all missed him and he’s going home because he’s not dead. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

30 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Trump is that kid, when you used to play Cowboys and Indians, who would be surrounded by eight guys shooting him, and then angrily declare that we all missed him and he’s going home because he’s not dead. 

Oh..... so you DO know Donnie two-scoops.

On 8/19/2022 at 4:14 PM, Thatguy said:

So I am listening to Glenn Beck because I like to torture myself. They are talking about former CIA director Michael Hayden's comments about how the Republican Party is the most dangerous. Anyway these guys start talking about all of the worst dictators in history and wonder how a guy who has seen everything can make a "dangerous" statement like that. Then somehow it was turned into the left's fault that the statement was made and yadda yadda. You could see the flip coming and I was just waiting for the segue. I can see how if that's all the info you swallowed all day long how you would have an answer for everything to turn reality on its ear. Because that's all the talking heads do. What bothers me is how they can morally keep pandering for a man who is bringing down our democracy one brick at a time. I wonder when they lay in bed at night and think about their grandchildren are they just like fuck them I got mine.

It's because these people have fully bought into the idea that America is broken, has lost it's way and they are going to get things back on track.  Them and God.  It's simple.  Might be some blood spilled, but so what.  Just like the rioters on 1/6, they filmed themselves during that historic event entirely convinced that come 1/7, America would be under a new, better rule thanks in large part to them.    They are thinking their grandchildren will read this chapter in future history books and think: "that was my granpaw who was smart enough to know when to save 'Murica!"

17 hours ago, Tuco said:

I keep waiting for the Saudi scandal to drop. Jared was the de facto ambassador to the kingdom for like a year. You know shady shit went down.

I don't know how much veracity there is in this, but anything is possible in this simulation.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

It's because these people have fully bought into the idea that America is broken, has lost it's way and they are going to get things back on track.  Them and God.  It's simple.  Might be some blood spilled, but so what.  Just like the rioters on 1/6, they filmed themselves during that historic event entirely convinced that come 1/7, America would be under a new, better rule thanks in large part to them.    They are thinking their grandchildren will read this chapter in future history books and think: "that was my granpaw who was smart enough to know when to save 'Murica!"

I don't know how much veracity there is in this, but anything is possible in this simulation.

I’m sure David Crosby is right on top of all of this

• Haha 2

Ok, after reading the article, that headline sucks.

Trump is asking for a special master -- a third-party attorney -- to oversee the review of evidence gathered from the beach club in the criminal probe, and for the judge to pause federal investigators' work related to the evidence until the review is done, according to a new court filing.
The new lawsuit marks the first legal filing by Trump's team after FBI agents carried out their search on August 8 and underscores how his legal team has struggled to coalesce around a singular strategy.
In the suit, Trump argues his constitutional rights were violated and that there may have been privileged materials seized.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

popcorn.gif

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well he's not wrong

Well she found her love match and soul mate in this great man whom she married.

spacer.png

The photo accompanies a Vanity Fair article from 2019.

MCCONNELL’S WIFE GAVE HIM A SPECIAL REELECTION PRESENT: $78 MILLION IN FEDERAL FUNDING

Last month, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stonewalled a plan to fix the nation‘s roads, bridges, mass transit, and other crumbling infrastructure, despite the urgency of the issue and the outline of the deal receiving rare support from both Democrats and the White House. But, as it turns out, McConnell isn’t opposed to all infrastructure spending. In fact, he’s quite open to it when it‘s flowing specifically to towns in his home state, thanks to a special arrangement with the Transportation Department set up by his Cabinet secretary wife.

Politico reports that Elaine Chao, spouse of Mitch, “designated a special liaison to help with grant applications and other priorities from her husband Mitch McConnell’s state of Kentucky, paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection.” That liaison, Chao’s current chief of staff, Todd Inman, wrote in an email to McConnell’s

Where the grift goes on forever,

And his party never bends.

• Rage+1 3

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement