A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I suppose unsurprisingly, no live reportage of the hearing.  It's not closed, but probably close to it given the potential for national security concerns.

Per CNN website they have a reporter in the courtroom. Presumably other media types there also. Likely can't communicate until there's a break. 

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I suppose unsurprisingly, no live reportage of the hearing.  It's not closed, but probably close to it given the potential for national security concerns.

They turned off wifi in the courthouse.  We probably won't hear anything until after the hearing's over.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Refreshing, correct. 
Tomato, tomahto. 

Now factor in irony:

Repetitive, tiresome prediction with no other value added.

Yes, I say cue Gritty. No, it's not an absolute pronouncement of the future. My post isn't really even about that; it's about my interpretation of the situation with FOX and the GOP regarding why they must not outright break from Trump. I welcome your response to that.

I don't really care about the prediction and certainly don't need a naysaying parrot to speak up everytime it hears a sound.

I'm being too harsh. You're nothing like a parrot outside of this narrow compulsion to repeat this statement over and over.

Written without rancor.

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Just dumb. Here’s hoping this doesn’t delay anything too much 

Delay is the only thing they have and, as said above, DOJ already saw everything.  If the judge grants this, the only reason I can reasonably see is to get the base to STFU (good luck) about FAIRNESS.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Just dumb. Here’s hoping this doesn’t delay anything too much 

It will delay it.  Even if the DOJ wanted to indict dotard, it won't happen.  I think he has enough judges that will forever rule in his favor. 

This cunt needs to die; it's our only way out of this mess. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

She’ll grant it, that sucks.  Base will will eat it up, that sucks.

But as pointed out around this thread-two good things to think about.  It can later be used to demonstrate he had his fair shot.  And for such sensitive evidence and the backlog of the federal courts in Florida, this thing is actually moving at a pretty good clip even with this bullshit delay.  

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Exactly- she shouldn’t have even had a motions hearing regarding a search authorized by a different judge. Fuck procedure and rules, I guess

Well, there's actually quite a bit of precedent for it in the context of search warrants executed on law firms and lawyers, where attorney-client privilege is at issue.

Most recently invoked by Cohen and Giuliani.  And it goes to a district judge, not the warrant-issuing magistrate.

The magistrate lacks jurisdiction over this because the relief is injunctive in nature, at minimum.

Where she's fucking up is on the executive privilege issue.  But, again, if this works to identify the claims, have Biden formally waive executive privilege, and then have Trump fail to show entitlement to override the incumbent President, then I'm all for it.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, there's actually quite a bit of precedent for it in the context of search warrants executed on law firms and lawyers, where attorney-client privilege is at issue.

Most recently invoked by Cohen and Giuliani.  And it goes to a district judge, not the warrant-issuing magistrate.

The magistrate lacks jurisdiction over this because the relief is injunctive in nature, at minimum.

Can you give me one fucking piece of good news?  Stonewalled at every turn.  God damn.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Can you give me one fucking piece of good news?  Stonewalled at every turn.  God damn.  

It's not really a stonewall.  Long term, it could be a huge advantage for the government.

Also, as to the classified documents, they are likely not executive privileged, so they will return to the investigators as soon as the Master rules.

There is no way a special master does anything but delay. They can’t keep any of the materials from the DOJ and only the executive branch has authority over privilege and it will be waived by Biden. A former president cannot and has no mechanism for enforcement or claiming executive privilege. Otherwise Obama is gonna waive it. And Clinton and Carter. 

• Hook 'Em 4

It's not really a stonewall.  Long term, it could be a huge advantage for the government.

Also, as to the classified documents, they are likely not executive privileged, so they will return to the investigators as soon as the Master rules.

how does the appointment of a master work? Who picks? Who's in the pool?

18 minutes ago, Foosters said:

how does the appointment of a master work? Who picks? Who's in the pool?

Each side is supposed to submit names for consideration.  Judge picks one.

I notice from the docket that some outfit has already submitted itself for consideration.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

She’s a Trump appointee. 

That has not been an automatic win for Trump.  I think the worse we've seen is one of his appointees in DC acquitting a rioter and giving relatively light sentences.

Plenty of them have poured him out in civil cases.

I notice from the docket that some outfit has already submitted itself for consideration.

so what happens when a trump stooge is selected by the judge?  Could they, in theory, declare all the documents to have attorney/client privilege and submarine the whole fucking thing?  Not sure I understand the power range of the position. 

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

the people on the trump list should be assumed loyalist and easily influenced ?

Edited by tx 3 putt

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

so what happens when a trump stooge is selected by the judge?  Could they, in theory, declare all the documents to have attorney/client privilege and submarine the whole fucking thing?  Not sure I understand the power range of the position. 

Well some of it will depend on exactly what the court orders.  I suppose ACP could be one of the topics of consideration, even though Trump never asked for it (the gubmint said they had found some).

So, yeah, that's within the realm of possibility, but unlikely as it would be relatively easily remedied on appeal.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement