A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

I laughed when Herman Cain died.  I frequently think of how disappointed my wife is going to be in me when I go absolutely off the fucking rails when Trump dies.  I’m gonna do so much dumb shit and offend so many of our friends and family.  

I was in a pizza parlor years ago in Chicago (where some of his victims were from) when the news broke that Jeffry dahmer had been killed in prison. And the place erupted in applause and the owner bought everybody pitchers of beer.  I am going to buy everybody meth, strippers, and whiskey for a long weekend.  And some tough guy is gonna tell me I’m being insensitive and disrespectful to the Republic.  And I’m not gonna fight him.   I’m going to have   Him Beaten to death in front of his kids.  Because I can.  

Also, please vote Tuesday if you haven’t already.  
Feel like this goes here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

You picked the wrong traitorous trash bimbo. The fake blonde Georgia whore is the one Trump wants to be his VP candidate this time. 

Think about the primaries and debates if these two squared off against each other for the nomination.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I laughed when Herman Cain died.  I frequently think of how disappointed my wife is going to be in me when I go absolutely off the fucking rails when Trump dies.  I’m gonna do so much dumb shit and offend so many of our friends and family.  

I was in a pizza parlor years ago in Chicago (where some of his victims were from) when the news broke that Jeffry dahmer had been killed in prison. And the place erupted in applause and the owner bought everybody pitchers of beer.  I am going to buy everybody meth, strippers, and whiskey for a long weekend.  And some tough guy is gonna tell me I’m being insensitive and disrespectful to the Republic.  And I’m not gonna fight him.   I’m going to have   Him Beaten to death in front of his kids.  Because I can.  

Sorry to hear you two had a falling out!

63F2B43D-5856-4C3C-860F-3958397CD2C3.thumb.jpeg.5987ef9e62b3b81f77bec49c802e3577.jpeg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'll pass on the meth, but otherwise am in.

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s a narcissist. He lives for his rallies. He was climbing the walls during the pandemic when he had to suspend them. Then he went and held one in Tulsa in June of 2020 (remember it was originally scheduled for Juneteenth) with no requirements for masks or physical distancing. It was a mass spreader event that got Herman Cain killed from Covid, got a bunch of his staffers sick, and caused a surge of cases in the region.

• Haha 1

ok so i wasn't sure if this belonged on the (rarely viewed) lincoln project thread or here, but i'm putting it here for obvious reasons.  i just finished the 5-part lincoln project documentary series which i found fascinating for a number of reasons, and i think once more people watch it (if that happens) there's some discussion to be had.

but the opening of the 4th episode had someone listening to a podcast (i think steslow) and then kind of a montage going on.  it's just another version of why shitbags support him, "he's just like us", but i thought positioned in an interesting way. 

he's goes on to talk about what's coming from the left (the opposite) and how he's starting to understand it, even if it horrifies and frustrates him.  i only clipped the trump part, because it was a gigantic file.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ok so i wasn't sure if this belonged on the (rarely viewed) lincoln project thread or here, but i'm putting it here for obvious reasons.  i just finished the 5-part lincoln project documentary series which i found fascinating for a number of reasons, and i think once more people watch it (if that happens) there's some discussion to be had.

but the opening of the 4th episode had someone listening to a podcast (i think steslow) and then kind of a montage going on.  it's just another version of why shitbags support him, "he's just like us", but i thought positioned in an interesting way. 

he's goes on to talk about what's coming from the left (the opposite) and how he's starting to understand it, even if it horrifies and frustrates him.  i only clipped the trump part, because it was a gigantic file.

Interdasting.  How exactly did he characterize "what was coming from the left"?

One thing that made me realize is that appealing to people's better nature is elitist in Trumplandia.

The whole thing is just raging id.

“Because he is never really judging people.”

The fuck he’s not. There are two kinds of people in Trump’s world: people who are loyal to him and people who aren’t. He’ll tolerate and flatter any pile of human excrement who shows fealty to him. Everyone else is scum in his eyes to be excoriated and defiled. He judges the hell out of those people. They’re the enemy and they need to be destroyed.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

“Because he is never really judging people.”

The fuck he’s not. There are two kinds of people in Trump’s world: people who are loyal to him and people who aren’t. He’ll tolerate and flatter any pile of human excrement who shows fealty to him. Everyone else is scum in his eyes to be excoriated and defiled. He judges the hell out of those people. They’re the enemy and they need to be destroyed.

you're talking about people who come in contact with him in some way.  the podcast is talking about his voters and supporters.  the closest thing they have is the grievance rallies and when he calls into fox news.

in short, people are terrible.  terrible people don't think they're terrible, and don't like to be judged or told how shitty they are.  trump makes these people feel comfortable and content in their rationalizations and delusions.

it's like when asked if trump is a racist or white nationalist or whatever the fuck.  some will respond "well, the white nationalists think he's a white nationalist so what else matters?"  i can't remember where i heard it, but someone said trump is the avatar for terrible people.  he's giving them all license to wave their shitbag flag. 

it's nauseating, but there's something to it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Interdasting.  How exactly did he characterize "what was coming from the left"?

here's my quick transcribing of it:

"and now consider, what are we getting from the left - we're getting exactly the opposite message.  pure sanctimony, pure judgment.  you are not good enough.  you're guilty, not only for your own sins, but for the sins of your fathers, the crimes of slavery, and colonialism, are on your head.  and if you're a cis, white, heterosexual male, you're a racist, homophobic, transphobic, islamophobic, sexist, barbarian.  i sincerely hope we rid ourselves of him, but i believe i now understand the half of the county that disagrees with me a little better than i did yesterday, and this makes me less confused and judgmental, less of an asshole probably, which is always progress."

again, just my transcription.  i don't know the origin of it, but i imagine some cutting and pasting into google could crack the case.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

here's my quick transcribing of it:

"and now consider, what are we getting from the left - we're getting exactly the opposite message.  pure sanctimony, pure judgment.  you are not good enough.  you're guilty, not only for your own sins, but for the sins of your fathers, the crimes of slavery, and colonialism, are on your head.  and if you're a cis, white, heterosexual male, you're a racist, homophobic, transphobic, islamophobic, sexist, barbarian.  i sincerely hope we rid ourselves of him, but i believe i now understand the half of the county that disagrees with me a little better than i did yesterday, and this makes me less confused and judgmental, less of an asshole probably, which is always progress."

again, just my transcription.  i don't know the origin of it, but i imagine some cutting and pasting into google could crack the case.

Thanks.  Definitely a variation on what I was thinking.  Seems fairly obviously filtered through a Republican-y culture war lens.  All of those things he calls out as sanctimony, etc. I think are better viewed as appeals to our better natures.

Keeping on this semi-threadjack, prompted by Icono's posts, I have been looking at some of the "post-Trump" conservative intellectuals like Adrian Vermeule, who are pretty much all hardcore catlicks.  As a person of a conservative bent, their shit frightens the hell out of me.  It's almost 100% focused on a more sophisticated type of culture war.

I tend to agree that our culture is fucked up, and some of that is related to "liberal" things, in particular movements from the 60s that had self-seeking aspects and resulted in deterioration of community and family.

But my view of community and family has little to do with actual churchgoing, or hetero couples or child-rearing, or imposing some conservative Catholic "morality" on people.  My view of it is that people should just be better to each other, more involved in their communities or a community, and take better care of their families instead of all this self-seeking bullshit, roughly equal amounts of which come from #bothsides over recent history.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you're talking about people who come in contact with him in some way.  the podcast is talking about his voters and supporters.  the closest thing they have is the grievance rallies and when he calls into fox news.

in short, people are terrible.  terrible people don't think they're terrible, and don't like to be judged or told how shitty they are.  trump makes these people feel comfortable and content in their rationalizations and delusions.

it's like when asked if trump is a racist or white nationalist or whatever the fuck.  some will respond "well, the white nationalists think he's a white nationalist so what else matters?"  i can't remember where i heard it, but someone said trump is the avatar for terrible people.  he's giving them all license to wave their shitbag flag. 

it's nauseating, but there's something to it.

Yeah, he doesn’t judge his supporters even if they’re neo-Nazis and klansman marching in Charlottesville. By “people who come in contact with him in some way” you must mean people who exist and that he knows about. Or in some cases they don’t even have to exist in a realistic sense, like all the Mexican murderers and rapists he said were invading our country. He didn’t need to come in contact with anyone to try to ban all Muslims from entering the country. He didn’t come into contact with anyone from the “shithole countries” (i.e. black) he condemned nor from Norway like when he said we should get more immigrants from countries like that (i.e. white).

He’s human scum. He’s a racist, misogynist, bigoted dirtbag. He’s a con man and a pathological liar. He’s a demagogue and a megalomaniac. He’s loud, stupid, and obnoxious. He has no sense of decorum or simple human decency. He’s a narcissist incapable of feeling empathy for another human. Everything in the world is all about him.

No decent person supports him. I’ve been saying that for years.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

and if you're a cis, white, heterosexual male, you're a racist, homophobic, transphobic, islamophobic, sexist, barbarian.

I am a cis, white, heterosexual male and I don't ever feel like any of those things are ascribed to me.  It sounds like the lady doth protest too much.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, he doesn’t judge his supporters even if they’re neo-Nazis and klansman marching in Charlottesville. By “people who come in contact with him in some way” you must mean people who exist and that he knows about. Or in some cases they don’t even have to exist in a realistic sense, like all the Mexican murderers and rapists he said were invading our country. He didn’t need to come in contact with anyone to try to ban all Muslims from entering the country. He didn’t come into contact with anyone from the “shithole countries” (i.e. black) he condemned nor from Norway like when he said we should get more immigrants from countries like that (i.e. white).

He’s human scum. He’s a racist, misogynist, bigoted dirtbag. He’s a con man and a pathological liar. He’s a demagogue and a megalomaniac. He’s loud, stupid, and obnoxious. He has no sense of decorum or simple human decency. He’s a narcissist incapable of feeling empathy for another human. Everything in the world is all about him.

No decent person supports him. I’ve been saying that for years.

What they mean by judgment is implicit judgment, such as that emanating from a Christ figure.  According to Christian "lore," Jesus Christ actually judged very few, but he urged people to their better nature so as to avoid any "ultimate judgment," i.e. condemnation/going to hell.  To use a fundamentalist trope, reading the words of Christ "convicts" you.  He never says you're "convicted" or guilty or judged, but by pointing out what you should be doing, you're implicitly judged.

A political figure that urges better nature, as Christ did, implies that if you are not seeking and attaining your better nature, you are condemned, fucked, an asshole.  But the political figure rarely says that outright.  Some notable exceptions being Hilary with "deplorables" and Obama with "guns and bibles" and a few other remarks.

A more explicit way of saying it is some inspire people to be better and others implicitly permit or inspire them to revel in their own faeces.

Trump is shit Christ.

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What they mean by judgment is implicit judgment, such as that emanating from a Christ figure.  According to Christian "lore," Jesus Christ actually judged very few, but he urged people to their better nature so as to avoid any "ultimate judgment," i.e. condemnation/going to hell.  To use a fundamentalist trope, reading the words of Christ "convicts" you.  He never says you're "convicted" or guilty or judged, but by pointing out what you should be doing, you're implicitly judged.

A political figure that urges better nature, as Christ did, implies that if you are not seeking and attaining your better nature, you are condemned, fucked, an asshole.  But the political figure rarely says that outright.  Some notable exceptions being Hilary with "deplorables" and Obama with "guns and bibles" and a few other remarks.

A more explicit way of saying it is some inspire people to be better and others implicitly permit or inspire them to revel in their own faeces.

Trump is shit Christ.

Trump thinks his followers are idiots. And he’s right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

you know we're agreeing with each other, right?

he doesn't judge or condemn anyone as long as they support him - as you pointed out.  he not only refuses to judge/condemn, but he encourages the vile behavior. 

that's what i found interesting about the podcast, is that the speaker seems to be finally confronting two truths - (1) people are generally garbage (a large swath of them anyway) and (2) trump makes those people fat and comfortable in their shittiness, but also angry enough about abstract nonsense, which makes them think "he gets them".

republicans - manipulating idiots for 50 years.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you know we're agreeing with each other, right?

he doesn't judge or condemn anyone as long as they support him - as you pointed out.  he not only refuses to judge/condemn, but he encourages the vile behavior. 

that's what i found interesting about the podcast, is that the speaker seems to be finally confronting two truths - (1) people are generally garbage (a large swath of them anyway) and (2) trump makes those people fat and comfortable in their shittiness, but also angry enough about abstract nonsense, which makes them think "he gets them".

republicans - manipulating idiots for 50 years.

Yeah, I just don’t think it’s a novel insight.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

He's openly said it.  And yet they still stick to shit Jesus.  

Unfortunately the shit that happened the night of Jan. 5th should have been put down as if they were a bunch of…..we will say terrorists of foreign origin, and then we wouldn’t be having these discussions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He never says you're "convicted" or guilty or judged, but by pointing out what you should be doing, you're implicitly judged.

The irony of course, when it comes to Trumpworld, was Christ was explicit when it came to judging the wealthy. That's the one group he singled out. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

To a certain extent, and to the extent Navarro was an executive branch official/presidential advisor, I would tend to think that he would have some "privileges and immunities" to a congressional subpoena.  That is, I believe why DOJ declined to prosecute Meadows on his contempt of Congress situation, along with the partial cooperation making it hard to prove the "willful" disobedience of the subpoena.

And that would be independent of any alleged assertion of executive privilege by Trump.

Bannon didn't have any of this because he wasn't an official since 2017, and while he may have been a presidential advisor in some ad hoc sense, the relationship wasn't sufficiently formal or close to protect him with the "executive branch official/advisor" privilege and immunity.

At the time of 1/6, he was "Director of the Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy," some sort of bullshit made-up office in the White House, so I think he was in fact some sort of executive branch official, but I suppose the bullshit nature of the position as well as "trade and mfg policy" having nothing to do with the events of 1/6 is why he got prosecuted.

10 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

So, racists, fake Christians and dipshits.  But, why are there SO many of them?   We could be living in a Utopian Mayberry, but somehow, our countrymen would prefer to live under the cruel tutelage of Earnest T. Bass.  

The poor need someone to blame for their life. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

There are also a bunch of fucking morons who can’t tell the difference between reality tv and reality and who genuinely think Trump is the character he portrayed on The Apprentice. They actually think he’s a successful businessman and not a charlatan, a con man, and a grifter. They genuinely think that when they were watching The Apprentice, they were watching him run his business, that they weren’t just watching a scripted play. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So, racists, fake Christians and dipshits.  But, why are there SO many of them?   We could be living in a Utopian Mayberry, but somehow, our countrymen would prefer to live under the cruel tutelage of Earnest T. Bass.  

The real Christian, fake Christian, Dipshit, Venn diagram has a single radius.

What a shocker. Candidates ask (pay?) trump to show up to rally their voters, and trump only talks about himself.

The story is that trump wants to announce now but his advisers and others have convinced him to wait a few weeks. If the GA senate race goes to a run-off, Trump is going to ruin for the GOP and McConnell. Again.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement