A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

TFG cannot die soon enough.

https://www.mediaite.com/podcasts/trump-floats-conspiracy-theories-about-pelosi-attack-weird-things-going-on-in-that-household/

Former President Donald Trump spoke about the attack on Paul Pelosi and suggested that the information we now know is just “the beginning.”

According to Raw Story, Trump was a guest on the Tuesday edition of The Chris Stigall Show where he talked about his thoughts surrounding the event.

“How do you read what’s happened in the Pelosi household in San Francisco over the weekend?” Stigall asked.

“Well, it’s — weird things going on in that household in the last couple of weeks. You know, it probably — you and I are better not talking about it cause — but the glass it seems was broken from the inside to the out and you know, that was — so it wasn’t a break in, it was a breakout. I don’t know. You know, you hear the same things I do,” Trump said.

“The 911 tape seems to suggest that he knew the identity of the guy,” Stigall pressed.

“Yeah. Yeah. It’s a — it’s a lot of bad stuff. I’m not a fan of Nancy Pelosi, but what’s going on there is very sad.

Stigall would move on to suggest that there’s more to the story than the public has been made aware of.

“This is, I think more than the traffic accident, it looks like to me,” Trump said referencing Paul Pelosi’s DUI arrest back in May.

Stigall would add that it’s clear that the alleged attacker David DePape, was a “deranged man.”

“Yeah. It’s — the whole thing is crazy. I mean, if there’s even a little bit of truth to what’s being said, it’s crazy,” Trump said. “But… the window was broken in and it was strange that the cops were there, you know, standing there practically from the moment it all took place.”

“So, I don’t know. You’re gonna have to explain that to your audience. You’re gonna have to explain it to everybody, including me because that one’s — figuring out Russia and figuring out, China is much easier,” he added.

“I think in time we’re gonna learn more,” Stigall said.

“I think — I think this is the beginning. It’s — it looks — but it’s a sad situation. Very sad actually,” Trump concluded.

Listen above via The Chris Stigall Show.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Doesn't an immunity deal normally require a prior proffer of information so the prosecution can assess its value?  Can this mean anything other than the DOJ is seriously considering criminal charges against the dotard?

Here's the WSJ article:

Spoiler

Kash Patel, a close associate of former President Donald Trump, is set to soon testify before a federal grand jury probing the handling of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago after receiving immunity for his information, people familiar with the matter said.

A federal judge recently decided the Justice Department couldn’t force Mr. Patel to testify without such protection against his statements being used against him in some future prosecution. That ruling, the people said, opens the door for Mr. Patel, who says Mr. Trump broadly declassified White House documents while still president, to answer questions.

Mr. Patel appeared before the grand jury last month and refused to provide information by repeatedly invoking his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, The Wall Street Journal reported.

In response, the Justice Department asked a federal judge to compel him to testify. Prosecutors argued Mr. Patel had no reasonable expectation that he would be prosecuted based on the kinds of questions they were asking, one of the people said, an argument the judge didn’t accept.

The immunity grant leaves the government only able to charge Mr. Patel, if at all, using information obtained independently of his immunized testimony.

Mr. Patel didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment. A Justice Department spokesman declined to comment.

FBI agents in August removed more than 11,000 documents, including roughly 100 marked as classified, from the Florida resort and home of Mr. Trump. The Justice Department’s investigation into potential mishandling of classified information touched off a number of legal disputes, including about who should answer investigators’ questions.

Other Trump associates involved in the Mar-a-Lago documents matter also have been offered some form of immunity, people familiar with the matter said, including one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers, Christina Bobb, who declined, saying she didn’t need it.

Mr. Patel, a former White House and Pentagon aide whom Mr. Trump late in his term considered naming to top positions at the Central Intelligence Agency and the FBI, has asserted publicly since May that Mr. Trump broadly declassified documents when he left the White House in January 2021. His comments first came as the Justice Department’s efforts to retrieve the documents from Mar-a-Lago were intensifying and the same month prosecutors issued a grand jury subpoena for their return.

“Trump declassified whole sets of materials in anticipation of leaving government that he thought the American public should have the right to read themselves,” Mr. Patel told Breitbart News that month. “I was there with President Trump when he said ‘We are declassifying this information.’”

Prosecutors asked Mr. Patel about that claim and an array of other topics, including some that had nothing to do with Mr. Trump or the material discovered at Mar-a-Lago, one of the people said.

Investigators have spoken to a number of other people, including close aides to the former president, since the probe began.

Ms. Bobb, the Trump lawyer, told investigators in October that a fellow attorney, Evan Corcoran, assured her that he had conducted a thorough search of the former president’s Mar-a-Lago estate before asking her to certify in June that all government records requested in a subpoena had been returned.

Ms. Bobb signed the certification only after insisting that it include language stating she was doing so “based upon the information that has been provided to me,” and “to the best of my knowledge,” according to people familiar with the events.

The certification was undermined two months later when the FBI searched the Florida compound and retrieved boxes of presidential records that belong to the National Archives, along with classified documents.

Investigators have been stymied in their efforts to conduct further interviews with Walt Nauta, a former military valet who went to work at Mar-a-Lago after Mr. Trump left the White House and was seen on surveillance footage moving boxes from a storage room before and after investigators issued the May subpoena, the Journal reported. Mr. Nauta told investigators he was acting at Mr. Trump’s request.

Investigators have spoken with Mr. Nauta at least twice and have asked him to submit to further questioning, in part to clarify what prosecutors believed to be contradictory statements. He has refused another round of questions, a person familiar with the matter said, out of concern that prosecutors are considering charges against him.

Another aide, Will Russell, who served as a coordinator of presidential travel in the Trump White House and went on to work for the former president in Florida, also has declined to speak with investigators, who have been communicating with his counsel.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Horndog said:

Doesn't an immunity deal normally require a prior proffer of information so the prosecution can assess its value?  Can this mean anything other than the DOJ is seriously considering criminal charges against the dotard?

From what I read, he invoked the 5th at his grand jury testimony.  The government didn't believe he had a basis to do so (no criminal exposure) and took the question to Judge Beryl Howell.

She ruled that he had a basis to do so, although indications seem to be that any criminal exposure was slight.

The government promptly obtained immunity for his testimony so he can't invoke the 5th.  Some of this relates to the "declassification" bullshit, but I am also pretty sure that Patel was privy to whatever schemes Trump had in mind regarding all of these documents, and can testify as to his willfulness in taking them in the first place and retaining them in the face of subpoena and other efforts. At one point, Patel was appointed Trump's NARA representative.

Edit to add:  so, yes, the proceedings related to the 5th Amendment invocation served as a proffer, i.e. here's the testimony that will get me in criminal jeopardy.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

From what I read, he invoked the 5th at his grand jury testimony.  The government didn't believe he had a basis to do so (no criminal exposure) and took the question to Judge Beryl Howell.

She ruled that he had a basis to do so, although indications seem to be that any criminal exposure was slight.

The government promptly obtained immunity for his testimony so he can't invoke the 5th.  Some of this relates to the "declassification" bullshit, but I am also pretty sure that Patel was privy to whatever schemes Trump had in mind regarding all of these documents, and can testify as to his willfulness in taking them in the first place and retaining them in the face of subpoena and other efforts. At one point, Patel was appointed Trump's NARA representative.

Edit to add:  so, yes, the proceedings related to the 5th Amendment invocation served as a proffer, i.e. here's the testimony that will get me in criminal jeopardy.

I'm a legal moron. So is it something like this? Patel pleads the fifth so as not to self-incriminate. DOJ says we're giving you immunity so there's no way you can self-incriminate. Ball now in Patel's court. Either he testifies -- and answers questions on the record -- or he's hit with contempt of court and goes to jail like Bannon?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I'm a legal moron. So is it something like this? Patel pleads the fifth so as not to self-incriminate. DOJ says we're giving you immunity so there's no way you can self-incriminate. Ball now in Patel's court. Either he testifies -- and answers questions on the record -- or he's hit with contempt of court and goes to jail like Bannon?

Yep.

Normally, when you get immunity, you bargain with the FBI/DOJ to give certain testimony that you outline with your lawyer, and that's called a "proffer."  If the FBI wants the testimony, they do an immunity agreement and you can't be prosecuted for whatever you testify (as long as it's true generally).

In this case, Patel invoked the Fifth, seemingly over public false statements and maybe some other stuff.  DOJ didn't think that was a crime and took it to the court to challenge the invocation of the Fifth.  The judge agreed with Patel that there was some potential for self-incrimination and so upheld his invocation.  The DOJ then got a court-approved immunity "agreement," so now Patel has to testify or suffer contempt.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

"Peekaboo"?

one syllable away from a serious racial slur

and every one of his cultists and white supremacists know exactly what word he is really saying

I was wondering the context of that as well. Is there a reason for "peekaboo" to be used? Is there a background to that joke? But probably nah, right? Just a lowbrow shithead racist asshole from the dude who was once the president? Why would i expect anything other than the cheapest dumb bullshit possible? 

• Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I was wondering the context of that as well. Is there a reason for "peekaboo" to be used? Is there a background to that joke? But probably nah, right? Just a lowbrow shithead racist asshole from the dude who was once the president? Why would i expect anything other than the cheapest dumb bullshit possible? 

I was wondering about that too.  Basically, Trump has intermixed his businesses with a trust, like we might do with stock accounts or something.  James is trying to "peek" into the trust, which you might not ordinarily be able to do unless -- the trust was a tool to hide assets and perpetrate a fraud.  That seems to be the gist of his Florida lolsuit.

And, I guess I'm not current with my racial slurs, are we talking an -aboo that starts with jig?  Or something else?  I guess so.

Theories: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-trump-nicknamed-letitia-james-peekaboo-6-theories/ar-AA12ypcO

One of my grandfather's favorite words. Used it more than the n-word.
Definitely common amongst the WWII era. My grampa used it frequently never once the n-word. Of course he also thought it was funny to say about the early '80s Celtics if Bird, McHale, Ainge, etc were on the court "hey, somebody must have made a mistake and spilled white paint on those guys." Welcome to the Polite Racists of Minnesota, circa 1984.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Haha, another lolsuit. I predict swift dismissal for lack of personal and subject-matter jurisdiction.

with the full briefing schedule though, so about 40 news cycles.  this is when you need lynn hughes.  he got one of the election lolsuits in his court and ordered the defendant to move to dismiss in 48 hours (itself something ive never seen), the response 24 hours after, no reply, argue the next day.  this fucking thing is too dumb to be placed in front of me and we will dispose with unusual dispatch

7 hours ago, Bookman said:

I've never heard the word "jigaboo" in my life.

A friend managed a call center some years ago and told the story of a young black kid who was trying to assist a customer. Once the call ended, the kid turned to his supervisor and asked rather quizzically, what’s a jigaboo?

• Rage+1 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement