A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Here’s where we are—  Donny Jr’s dad made repeated, public denial of the 2020 election results a necessary condition (really the only condition) to secure the Donald’s endorsement in 2022 elections. But when NPR accurately reports the public, repeated stance of said candidate, it’s Democratic propaganda.

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The lashing out by Trumps in the next few days will be wonderful to see. He'll take the whole damn thing down with him. He doesn't care. He's not a Republican. He's Donald Trump. 

And all the Republican office holders who still support that lying POS need to go down with him.

If he's who we think he is, he'll move up his announcement earlier than next Tuesday.  And the message will be, "We could have done much better had they listened to me/supported me/broadcasted the 2020 Big Steal/etc."  He'll position himself as the "you wanna go tit-for-tat with the Democrats, fine.  But we win bigly and strongly in 2024 with me.  Forget about those other losers who didn't take my advice."  

He cost them much bigger gains this cycle, but the only way he stays relevant and able to fundraise/grift...is to get ahead of this and act like it's all because the party didn't double-down  harder on MAGA.  The only alternative is to be patient and campaign with a modicum of "wait and see, let me help the party through this cycle and we'll ramp back up in 2024!"  But that's not his style.  He can't help himself, plus he's running out of time and knows it.

The silence about Hunter Biden's laptop this morning on FoxNews is deafening.  

Trump has single-handedly cost the gop the senate in 2 consecutive cycles.  LoL.

I cannot wait to see how this shakes out.  The odds of Trump quietly ceding the mantle to DeSantis are zero.  The odds of Trump winning in 2024 are near zero.  I wouldn’t say watching this play out will make 2016-2022 worthwhile, but it will be a decent consolation prize.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Trump has single-handedly cost the gop the senate in 2 consecutive cycles.  LoL.

I cannot wait to see how this shakes out.  The odds of Trump quietly ceding the mantle to DeSantis are zero.  The odds of Trump winning in 2024 are near zero.  I wouldn’t say watching this play out will make 2016-2022 worthwhile, but it will be a decent consolation prize.

the man, his family, and followers are losers 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

You are right that Trump won't cede to DeSantis.

You are wrong to say he won't "win" in 2024.  Because the decision will not be made by the voters.  It will be made by state legislatures and a GQP-run house.  Trump won't get the most votes in the battleground states.  But it won't matter, because the GQPs -- backed by the nutbar SCOTUS -- will just declare him the winner.  That's the plan.  They've been openly TELLING us that's the plan for over 2 years now.  We should listen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

You are right that Trump won't cede to DeSantis.

You are wrong to say he won't "win" in 2024.  Because the decision will not be made by the voters.  It will be made by state legislatures and a GQP-run house.  Trump won't get the most votes in the battleground states.  But it won't matter, because the GQPs -- backed by the nutbar SCOTUS -- will just declare him the winner.  That's the plan.  They've been openly TELLING us that's the plan for over 2 years now.  We should listen.

he needs to lose in the primary.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

he needs to lose in the primary.

He won't.  The GQP is the GQP.  When it comes to the party base, that isn't going to change.  Nobody can make it through a primary without the MAGA base.  The GQP sold their soul, they aren't going to get it back.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He won't.  The GQP is the GQP.  When it comes to the party base, that isn't going to change.  Nobody can make it through a primary without the MAGA base.  The GQP sold their soul, they aren't going to get it back.

yeah, but it will be a circus, that’s what we need. him to tear it down from the inside. it’s easier to steal a general, since we already have the playbook. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Blah blah blah.

Who shows up and votes in primaries?  MAGA nutbar true believers.  Trump wins the primary.

And beyond that, do the math, I promise you the GQP has.  Can they win a national election without the MAGA nutbar voters turning out?  Nope.  Will those voters stay home if the party betrays the Lord their God?  Yep.  Trump is not the kingmaker.  He is the king, for as long as he lives.

Trump will be the GQP nominee in 2024. Unless he dies. You don’t go from raising flags for a living person who you worship to turning on them. You just don’t. Anyone applying logic to the situation is misguided. This is all about emotions, worshiping false idols, and marks lacking the psychological ability to ever admit they were conned. Trump could be sitting in federal prison (spoiler he won’t be) and he would still be the nominee.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

To date the GOP establishment has been too afraid of Trump's cult-like following to really stand up to him and force him out.

They were afraid to lose primaries and figured they could ride it out through the midterms before dealing with him. However, two things happened:

1. Dobbs

2. Trump endorsed and promoted HORRIBLE candidates in swing states that have now lost or are likely to lose.

Now they have to choose - do they ride or die with this guy and hope that he can bring home a win in 2024, or cut him loose and fall in behind his possible indictment? 

While the winds might be changing, I am leaning towards the former. They know that Trump will bring the crazies to the polls and while Trump probably won't beat Biden it will be enough to drag many of them across the finish line in 2024 so they can keep their jobs. And in the end that's all they care about right now because the GOP has no platform other than "whatever Trump says."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I can't remember if I ever posted this but I have a close friend that runs in high places in Florida and is exposed to the inner-workings of the Republican Party. He's a very smart guy and very well connected.  According to him, it has already been decided by all of the power players in the Republican Party that Ron DeSantis is their guy for the general election. Fox News is on-board as are all of the other resources that supported Trump in 2020 and 2016. Of course, Trump won't go quietly, but at some point if he doesn't sit his ass down, shut the fuck up and go off somewhere to die in an alzheimer's trance, the power brokers of the Party will torch him. What that means, I have no idea, but I would assume that making indictments stick is one way.

Sounds like Jeb Bush in 2016.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Trump isn’t going down without taking out as many ppl with him as he can. He was able to squeeze himself out of a lot of situations and won’t go quietly.

All the Rs power players about to find out his wrath if they criticize him. One thing he hates is not being in center of attention. He still has a base that adores him and are under his wing.

He will have to get the Q ppl to drop him and that’s not happening.

Ashley Olsen Patience GIF by Filmeditor

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Of course, Trump won't go quietly, but at some point if he doesn't sit his ass down, shut the fuck up and go off somewhere to die in an alzheimer's trance, the power brokers of the Party will torch him.

The power brokers are still engaging in the wishful/magical thinking that they have any say in the matter.  They created, fed, and unleashed the monster that is the Cult of Trump.  They have ZERO control over it now.  They can "torch him" all they want.  The flames will die down, and he'll still be there, unscathed with his rabid shrieking base standing behind him, demanding death to Biden and death to RINOS.  And they will decide who the GQP nominee is, not "the power brokers."  

If the "power brokers" haven't realized that, they've let their wishes override all of the evidence staring them in the face.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I can't remember if I ever posted this but I have a close friend that runs in high places in Florida and is exposed to the inner-workings of the Republican Party. He's a very smart guy and very well connected.  According to him, it has already been decided by all of the power players in the Republican Party that Ron DeSantis is their guy for the general election. Fox News is on-board as are all of the other resources that supported Trump in 2020 and 2016. Of course, Trump won't go quietly, but at some point if he doesn't sit his ass down, shut the fuck up and go off somewhere to die in an alzheimer's trance, the power brokers of the Party will torch him. What that means, I have no idea, but I would assume that making indictments stick is one way.

From your lips to god's ears. 

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The power brokers are still engaging in the wishful/magical thinking that they have any say in the matter.  They created, fed, and unleashed the monster that is the Cult of Trump.  They have ZERO control over it now.  They can "torch him" all they want.  The flames will die down, and he'll still be there, unscathed with his rabid shrieking base standing behind him, demanding death to Biden and death to RINOS.  And they will decide who the GQP nominee is, not "the power brokers."  

If the "power brokers" haven't realized that, they've let their wishes override all of the evidence staring them in the face.

The power brokers were going to prevent him from winning in 2016.

The power brokers don't vote, the rank and file do and they adore him. 

• Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If the Dems had a killer instinct, they’d let this play out and then bombard Truth Social and the Chans and TexAgs and other seedy dens of frothing idiots with troll accounts bemoaning the GOP’s betrayal of God’s Chosen President. And they’d set up PACs to fund a third party run for one of the Trump heirs.

Instead, they’ll waste our time repeatedly getting baited into the idiotic culture war de jour. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

image.gif.a901842e0d6ff92d55f83215ba51f056.gif

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If he can’t win the primary, he would have to run as an independent to maintain both the donation grift and the attempt to hide from prosecution, right?  

That would be... what's the word that implies more awesome than "awesome?"

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

If the Dems had a killer instinct, they’d let this play out and then bombard Truth Social and the Chans and TexAgs and other seedy dens of frothing idiots with troll accounts bemoaning the GOP’s betrayal of God’s Chosen President. And they’d set up PACs to fund a third party run for one of the Trump heirs.

Instead, they’ll waste our time repeatedly getting baited into the idiotic culture war de jour. 

This. they should be putting a wedge in it, egg on trump how he is replaced and a loser. 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Your friend sounds like he has his head waaaaaaaaaaaaay up his ass.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement