A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’ve long wanted the Dems to bury Trump with a combination of criminal prosecution and education of the Magats but there is something sweeter when Trumps base start to abandon him on their own.

I don’t think we’re far from trump appearing before 500 people at one of his rallies.

There is no "educating" those people.

Dems need to encourage him to run as independent or form a new party. The independent route should be easier for him 

the easier route would be to encourage his base to write his name in the ballot in case he isn’t on there 

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Dems need to encourage him to run as independent or form a new party. The independent route should be easier for him 

the easier route would be to encourage his base to write his name in the ballot in case he isn’t on there 

"We'll drop the indictments if you run independent."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

"We'll drop the indictments if you run independent."

That can be communicated by the DOJ stating that actively running Presidential candidates, polling over 20%, will not face prosecution during the race.

I would hold off on that announcement until both Trump and DeSantis declare. It would pour gas on that fire.

• Hook 'Em 1

If the party bosses dump him over an indictment, his base will turn on the party bosses. Dumping him has to be more natural/look like the base did it first. 

The base won’t do it. GOP has to walk a fine line on backing away from Trump while keeping petulant pissy pants voters that love Trump in the fold somehow. 

It’s over.  I asked for bets at 5-1 and got none. People talk shit but nobody will put their money on him.  As you said, the money folk have shoveled dirt on him.  It’s over.  

You should check what year you placed the bet for.

Dems are playing with fire if they want trump as the GQP nominee. He won’t win, but he may cheat enough to take the office of presidential dictator. Either way, even if the dems keep technical control the country will be destroyed. You don’t flirt with fascists.

“Grab ‘em by the pussy” didn’t make him go away.

Jan. 6 didn’t make him go away.

I’m having a hard time believing that some of his hand-picked candidates losing an election is going to make him go away. I’m not falling for it. I haven’t seen any recent polling on who’s favored to win the GOP nomination in 2024 but the last time I looked, Trump led DeSantis by a 9:1 margin. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Horndog said:

This is the real danger for the dotard -- that he loses any usefulness to Putin. Once that happens we might see a headline about a certain former president falling out of a third floor window at Mar-a-Lago.

They'd get a whole lot closer with a Novichok Big Mac with fries.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gengs1 said:

Tell him he can’t make his own party, or that he can’t win without the GOP, and he will try to prove that wrong, because ego.

42 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

“Grab ‘em by the pussy” didn’t make him go away.

Jan. 6 didn’t make him go away.

I’m having a hard time believing that some of his hand-picked candidates losing an election is going to make him go away. I’m not falling for it. I haven’t seen any recent polling on who’s favored to win the GOP nomination in 2024 but the last time I looked, Trump led DeSantis by a 9:1 margin. 

He’s lost three elections in a row for the GOP.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

If the party bosses dump him over an indictment, his base will turn on the party bosses. Dumping him has to be more natural/look like the base did it first. 

The base won’t do it. GOP has to walk a fine line on backing away from Trump while keeping petulant pissy pants voters that love Trump in the fold somehow. 

He's not gonna get indicted. Certainly not after he announces he's running for prez. 

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

The people I know personally that love Trump LOVED Desantis’ stunt of sending migrants to Martha’s Vineyard.  They were all giggling about it on social media for over a week.  Whether accurate or not, I think the non MAGA part of the party thinks Desantis can keep the MAGATs in the fold without costing them a greater number of more moderate conservative voters.

Desantis will be more palatable to a larger-than-R pool of voters, but Trump holds a special sway over his base.  If nothing else, Trump is authentic.  He spews exactly what pops into his head on any topic every time.  He isn’t a calculating politician who puts on a public mask tailored to whatever audience is watching.  He’s just a genuine gaping asshole and his base loves him for it.  In so many ways he really is an anti-politician.  He’s not trying to bridge divides, find compromise or forge a consensus.  He’s telling the evil forces who are out to destroy America how it’s going to be, by God!

Desantis’ Martha’s Vineyard deportation was a stunt.  But are stunts going to be enough to keep the MAGATs believing in the GOP?  If he’s going to do that, he’s going to have to be Andy Kaufman committed to the role of Asshole in Chief.

More than a few people felt like DeSantis was doing the right things during the pandemic, unlike Trump or Abbott.  Of course, they’ve probably forgotten that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gengs1 said:

In every race, national, state, and local.  You know...as a tribute to the greatest President in the history of this country!

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

In every race, national, state, and local.  You know...as a tribute to the greatest President in the history of this country!

Exactly, start running fb groups if trump doesn’t win gop, don’t vote or write his name to show the gop.

if they start soon enough, they could pull it off 

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s lost three elections in a row for the GOP.

That’s someone else’s fault, not his. Trump doesn’t give a fuck about the GOP (unless they’re paying his legal bills). Trump only cares about Trump.

How much cash does he have on hand at this point? He raised $250 Million off his supporters for a non-existent “election defense fund” just in the first 5 months after the Jan 6 insurrection. We know that the RNC has been paying a lot of his legal bills. Every new attendee at one of his rallies gets added to the email list and then is hounded for donations using high pressure sales tactics. I’ll bet his campaign war chest dwarfs that of any other candidate. The only question is how much of that he’ll be willing to spend on his campaign and how much he’ll want to siphon off into his own pockets. 

Just two days ago I posted about the power base of the republican party taking the hatchet to Trump in favor of De Santis. That post was rightfully met with a lot of skepticism given the Houdini acts Trump has performed over the last several years. 

However if you’ve noticed, in the last two days we’ve seen Fox rip Trump, and positive support coalesce around De Santis. This was no accident. The entire plan is being carefully executed. It will be interesting to watch the Trumpers and how they respond to the attacks. The war has begun.  It needs a catchy name. 

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Just two days ago I posted about the power base of the republican party taking the hatchet to Trump in favor of De Santis. That post was rightfully met with a lot of skepticism given the Houdini acts Trump has performed over the last several years. 

However if you’ve noticed, in the last two days we’ve seen Fox rip Trump, and positive support coalesce around De Santis. This was no accident. The entire plan is being carefully executed. It will be interesting to watch the Trumpers and how they respond to the attacks. The war has begun.  It needs a catchy name. 

they need to keep it up and the Hannity and Carlson types need to go after him aggressively if/when he's indicted. 

That's the real key IMHO.

they also need Newsmax and OAN on board. Fox tried going after Trump in 2020/2021 and the viewers flocked to the other networks. 

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ll bet his campaign war chest dwarfs that of any other candidate. The only question is how much of that he’ll be willing to spend on his campaign and how much he’ll want to siphon off into his own pockets. 

He wants to siphon off all of it, and it’s the easiest money he’s ever made,

And I still question if he will run, because he doesn’t want to run if there’s a chance the GOP does not have either chamber, or could lose it in 2024.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He wants to siphon off all of it, and it’s the easiest money he’s ever made,

And I still question if he will run, because he doesn’t want to run if there’s a chance the GOP does not have either chamber, or could lose it in 2024.

They didn’t have either chamber for his second impeachment and he survived that. It looks like the GOP will have the House so he won’t have to worry about another impeachment for at least a couple years. And as long as the Dems don’t hold 2/3 of the Senate he couldn’t be removed from office anyway. (Same with Biden or Harris or Garland or anyone else a vengeful GOP mob in the House tries to impeach on trivial, trumped up charges. They don’t have the votes in the Senate to convict. It would be kind of funny to watch them try to impeach Joe Biden for Hunter’s laptop. I’d like to hear their rationale for that.)

What if he decides not to run? What would he bitch and moan about at his rallies? Could he even continue to hold rallies? Who would come? Why would they give him their money? How could he live without all that? That’s like heroin in his veins.

Nobody was questioning whether the Republican power brokers wanted to sideline Trump. The question is whether they could do so without getting hurt at the polls and whether they had the resolve to risk it. That resolve has faltered many times in the last six years. Maybe this time will be different.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Nobody was questioning whether the Republican power brokers wanted to sideline Trump. The question is whether they could do so without getting hurt at the polls and whether they had the resolve to risk it. That resolve has faltered many times in the last six years. Maybe this time will be different.

I understand that. I’m saying it’s different this time. In the past, the media and key power brokers weren’t aligned. Now they are. How many times in the last 6 years did Fox rip Trump? 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I understand that. I’m saying it’s different this time. In the past, the media and key power brokers weren’t aligned. Now they are. How many times in the last 6 years did Fox rip Trump? 

i'd like to see fox criticize him before assuming they are off the trump train.  these are individuals that are as closely tied to trump as possible -- hannity is texting with him at all hours, showing up to campaign events. trump endorses all their books and helps them hock shit, they return the favor.   i think even if the murdochs give instructions from above to stop, it would take a while to turn the ship around. 

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Giant Douche v. Turd Sandwich?

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement