A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There are also a bunch of fucking morons who can’t tell the difference between reality tv and reality and who genuinely think Trump is the character he portrayed on The Apprentice. They actually think he’s a successful businessman and not a charlatan, a con man, and a grifter. They genuinely think that when they were watching The Apprentice, they were watching him run his business, that they weren’t just watching a scripted play. 

thats a way more accurate name for them than "misled"

On 11/5/2022 at 1:53 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Unfortunately the shit that happened the night of Jan. 5th should have been put down as if they were a bunch of…..we will say terrorists of foreign origin, and then we wouldn’t be having these discussions.

Even the police in DC are right-leaning. Wasn't going to happened.

It was well known that there was going to be trouble downtown on the 6th. Business closed in anticipation of it. I know because mine did.

DC police knew it too. The only thing that was unknown was the target and the scale.

On 11/6/2022 at 12:04 PM, Biff Tannen said:

It doesn't matter if they fight.  The R voters will coalesce around whichever one survives.  Cult gonna cult.

sure it matters. there are still plenty of maga dipshits who will shit all over desantis if emperor trump tells them to. this little stunt could have ripple effects in the election. it certainly sets up a showdown for 2024, assuming trump is still alive or not barred from holding public office (which is what I hope is the minimum that comes out of the J6 hearings/DOJ investigation) 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

sure it matters. there are still plenty of maga dipshits who will shit all over desantis is emperor trump tells them to. this little stunt could have ripple effects in the election. it certainly sets up a showdown for 2024, assuming trump is still alive or not barred from holding public office (which is what I hope is the minimum that comes out of the J6 hearings/DOJ investigation) 

DeSantis has said in private he’s going to wait until 2028 if Trump decides to run again. 

Pussy

17 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

sure it matters. there are still plenty of maga dipshits who will shit all over desantis is emperor trump tells them to. this little stunt could have ripple effects in the election. it certainly sets up a showdown for 2024, assuming trump is still alive or not barred from holding public office (which is what I hope is the minimum that comes out of the J6 hearings/DOJ investigation) 

I hope you are right.

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Isn't this old news? Or am i conflating other idle threats?

Apparently a reiteration of an earlier threat.  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rnc-wont-pay-trumps-legal-bills-launches-another-white-house-bid-chair-says

From an impeccable source, at least for this kind of thing.

Also, apparently, something they cannot legally do:  make in-kind contributions to a candidate.

Edited by TwiceHorn

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

hahahahahahahahaha

If only they had turned on him for attacking democracy, or trying to extort Ukraine, or his countless other high crimes and misdemeanors.

They wouldn't be in this mess. 

worlds-smallest-violin-gif-20.gif&f=1&no

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

So, I am seeing that there's a good bit of speculation about Garland appointing Special Counsel for the MAL and 1/6 cases if Trump announces, and maybe even if he doesn't.

Have to admit I hadn't considered that angle, but maybe it's appropriate with an Administration prosecuting an opposing candidate.

Nah man.

If all any American citizen has to do to get special treatment from the DoJ is declare a candidacy, then that’s absolute horseshit.

Merrick Garland may be a brilliant legal mind and have a stellar professional record but his absolute reverence for the myth of the American judicial system and the Department of Justice is outdated, naive, and out of touch.

I get that his appointment was some kind of consolation prize for the absolute screw job done to him over his Supreme Court appointment but it was Biden’s biggest misstep.

It should have been Doug Jones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Nah man.

If all any American citizen has to do to get special treatment from the DoJ is declare a candidacy, then that’s absolute horseshit.

Merrick Garland may be a brilliant legal mind and have a stellar professional record but his absolute reverence for the myth of the American judicial system and the Department of Justice is outdated, naive, and out of touch.

I get that his appointment was some kind of consolation prize for the absolute screw job done to him over his Supreme Court appointment but it was Biden’s biggest misstep.

It should have been Doug Jones.

Even in a less hyper-partisan political environment, you would have to admit that a current administration prosecuting an opposing political candidate might well create an "appearance of impropriety" among rational people.  It's a little more nuanced than you make it out to be.

And appointment of a Special Counsel would do something to alleviate that appearance in that the Special Counsel is another step removed from "the administration."  I put "the administration" in quotations because, although DOJ is an executive department it is not perfectly aligned with the President and is independent in that sense.

Of course, in the current environment, it will do nothing to alleviate that appearance among the irrational.  The question then becomes whether it is necessary for the rational people and more neutral notions of administration of justice.

And, if you think Doug Jones or any other AG appointment that isn't some sort of political loose cannon would NOT be considering appointment of a Special Counsel, then you are mistaken.  I think you are also mistaken if you think the 1/6 and MAL matters would have proceeded differently or faster under another AG appointment other than some kind of political loose cannon.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

We are careening towards fascism and our legal system appears to be unable and/or unwilling to stop it.  Oh well, we had a good run. 

I know things aren't going according to people's preferred timeline.

But these will be the biggest prosecutions in the history of the nation, bar none, and by a very large measure.  The i's must be dotted and the t's crossed.

As I have said before, the legal system may be our only hope.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I had dinner last night with a couple of Trump voters. I wasn't paying so I generally kept my mouth shut. "Trump is a businessman who had this country humming before covid, and that's what we need."

Same, same. I am not around folks like that as much as I used to be, having changed to WFH, but it still crops up now and then. It's a wonder that I can keep from commenting about how this term "businessman" suddenly became such a complimentary word as if the speaker is insinuating that Al Capone was wrongfully charged for his myriad crimes because he was a 'businessman.' Mark Burnett did such good work to whitewash Trump's image that this country has cleaved into the people who see the would-be emporor for what he is and those who see a smart guy who is just like them and who will lead them to be just like those pictures painted of him: muscular, bronzed, ageless, attractive to women or able to dominate them regardless, and it is just sad especially for the folks who, by many measures, are already pretty successful--but they have a lot of insecurities, hate, and anger.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I had dinner last night with a couple of Trump voters. I wasn't paying so I generally kept my mouth shut. "Trump is a businessman who had this country humming before covid, and that's what we need."

How was your meal at the Golden Corral?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I know you gotta start fundraising quietly basically right after the Congress is seated.  But typically truly active, in-person 50-state campaigning doesn't begin until the Autumn of the year before to get momentum heading into February primary season.  But he'll announce later this week, early next week at the latest.  which means a literal 103 weeks of him starved for attention and adulation while his dipshit minions continue to tell me I'm obsessed with Trump and should just get over him and January 6th.  

I'll drop the Trump talk when he's either dead or under indictment.  Until then, the guy will be on TV every single fucking day, and dominate the news coverage of the channels he's not on.  Semi-weekly rallies, non-stop pleads for funds (which will be diverted at first to his legal bills since the RNC is cutting him off), bizarre drug-fueled op-ed pieces he does on that goofy letterhead he invented.  And for the piece de resistance, I'm betting he creates a TV network online (for a hefty subscription fee) that will feature mostly him, but he'll also charge 2024 GOP candidates for Senate, House, and Governor's Mansions to come on and appear for a fee.  And like every other business he's ever touched in his life (save for a TV show which NBC took the reigns on), it will fail spectacularly.  

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'll drop the Trump talk when he's either dead or under indictment.  Until then, the guy will be on TV every single fucking day, and dominate the news coverage of the channels he's not on.

Whatever cable news channel I had on yesterday showed a clip of him ranting and raving into a microphone about how the 2020 election was stolen from him. They cut back to the anchor and they say some generic bullshit like "hey we're already in campaign season" or something. Hey you just showed an ex-president screaming to a crowd that the last election was rigged, and (shrug). Like, that's just something that happens now. All of his bullshit is now normalized to the point that we don't even point out how fucking crazy everything is. 

• Rage+1 6

35 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Whatever cable news channel I had on yesterday showed a clip of him ranting and raving into a microphone about how the 2020 election was stolen from him. They cut back to the anchor and they say some generic bullshit like "hey we're already in campaign season" or something. Hey you just showed an ex-president screaming to a crowd that the last election was rigged, and (shrug). Like, that's just something that happens now. All of his bullshit is now normalized to the point that we don't even point out how fucking crazy everything is. 

The media continues to cover these people like they have serious ideas.  The way they cover Trump and Walker and the rest of the lunatics makes me feel insane sometimes.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

48 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I know you gotta start fundraising quietly basically right after the Congress is seated.  But typically truly active, in-person 50-state campaigning doesn't begin until the Autumn of the year before to get momentum heading into February primary season.  But he'll announce later this week, early next week at the latest.  which means a literal 103 weeks of him starved for attention and adulation while his dipshit minions continue to tell me I'm obsessed with Trump and should just get over him and January 6th.  

I'll drop the Trump talk when he's either dead or under indictment.  Until then, the guy will be on TV every single fucking day, and dominate the news coverage of the channels he's not on.  Semi-weekly rallies, non-stop pleads for funds (which will be diverted at first to his legal bills since the RNC is cutting him off), bizarre drug-fueled op-ed pieces he does on that goofy letterhead he invented.  And for the piece de resistance, I'm betting he creates a TV network online (for a hefty subscription fee) that will feature mostly him, but he'll also charge 2024 GOP candidates for Senate, House, and Governor's Mansions to come on and appear for a fee.  And like every other business he's ever touched in his life (save for a TV show which NBC took the reigns on), it will fail spectacularly.  

reins

The media continues to cover these people like they have serious ideas.  The way they cover Trump and Walker and the rest of the lunatics makes me feel insane sometimes.  

But somehow it’s the Democratic messaging that’s at fault.

You can’t sell sane to pigshit crazy.
  • Hook 'Em 2

that would certainly coincide with the leak that he is to be instated to Twitter shortly.  

But yeah, I would think in some states---this gets some Democrats and us non-Democrats off their ass who were gonna just sit it out in red states where there's not much point. Not me...other people.  But you'll have MAGA loyalists in other places that think, "Oh shit, our Messiah is running after all...we must prepare him a place for him in 2024 and the work starts tomorrow at the ballot booth."  I would think it drive up Democrats a little more than Republicans just because it's hard to motivate yourself to get out and vote for a Dan Patrick or Herschel Walker with Trump not technically on the ballot.  

All I know is, if he starts campaigning tomorrow...Thats 728 days, 104 weeks exactly with a very robust schedule.  Lotsa travel on his finally repaired plane, lots of fundraisers since he needs the cash for his legal fees, and lots and lots of appearances in front of the more mainstream as opposed to his highly orchestrated cult rallies.  He's about 76.5 yo right now.  So 104 straight weeks of campaigning and what could be another contentious primary with all that pressure looming over him legally and financially.  At 78.5 yo on election day 2024.  Not getting any healthier looking judging by recent golf pics.  

Great news folks...this long ass campaign is going to literally kill him.  I didn't think of the upside of having to deal with his shit for two full years to the day.  all that mental pressure, all the travel, all the exhaustion, all the extra weight.  Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in 2023, but he's gonna drop dead before the RNC Convention in late summer of 2024.  This is how he ends.  Now my terror will shift to another candidate claiming Trump was poisoned by the Deep State and they will take his mantle and serve out in his honor.  And that'll probably work.  FUCK!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Great news folks...this long ass campaign is going to literally kill him.  I didn't think of the upside of having to deal with his shit for two full years to the day.  all that mental pressure, all the travel, all the exhaustion, all the extra weight.  Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in 2023, but he's gonna drop dead before the RNC Convention in late summer of 2024.  This is how he ends.

Counterpoint: there is no god

• Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement