Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

I’d imagine he commanded / earned a premium. I’m optimistic this is a good investment.

Sark the man has never been a question mark for me - he oozes authenticity. I want to believe in a world where great men generally accomplish great things…so hook ‘em coach sarkisian - we’re just getting started.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Aggies take note.  You only give the extension AFTER acheivement, not NEAR achievement!

Happy for Sark and glad we have him.  I think he is excited to continue building his legacy along with that of bringing Texas truly back.  The thing I like even better about Sark now is he knows the challenge ahead.  He knows it's really hard to get to the promised land, and even tougher to stay there!  We have the right man for the job!

• Hook 'Em 4

I’m happy for him and his family. He endured a whole bunch of self-inflicted pain and destruction in his life, but he sought and received help in his battle with alcoholism and has come out the other side a completely different person. I hope he is the head coach for as long as he wants to be. He has everything he needs to be successful and he is one of the brightest offensive minds in the college game. He’s going to win big on the field and it’s cool to see him doing all of this considering where he was just a few short years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Deserved a raise but I hope we didn't get swindled into some sort of dumb Jimbo / Mel Tucker extension based on one successful year

I mean we were probably better last season than any season in Sparty or aggy's history so there's that. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Seeing that we gave Sark an extra 4 years after actually reaching the CFP makes that jimbo contract extension even worse. Its why I never worry about those morons. Everything they do, you can be assured is a suboptimal decision. In their minds paying that little cuck all that money and fully guaranteeing it for 10 years meant that they were on top of the CFB world. They are hardwired for failure. Always have been. Always will be. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, nbmishoid said:

Of course all this happiness doesn’t mean we can’t, or won’t fail to mercilessly criticize Sark starting with the first game next season.

Hell, we will be bitching about the Spring Game!  But we will be loving every minute.

fuck dem brakes!🤘

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, MrX said:

Why do we need to raise his buyout?  NFL?  Because literally the single college job that Sark would conceivably take just opened and closed without him leaving. 

You never know.... aggy will probably be looking for a coach in a 2-3 years when they bail for the BigXII and Sark has proven he has what it takes to win the BigXII.  And I have it on pretty good authority that the A&M job is the one gig all coaches truly covet. Its the classic win-win. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, MrX said:

Why do we need to raise his buyout?  NFL?  Because literally the single college job that Sark would conceivably take just opened and closed without him leaving. 

SC but now with their stupid B10 geography and travel that’s never going to happen.  

59 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

So we DIDN’T sign him to a 15 year contract????? I sure hope we tried and settled for 10, because that strategy

image.jpeg.db1c198d04b38abd9d305bd4a1d88c19.jpeg

We have a real law school and our program is NOT run by message boards and yokels. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bigcigar said:

I’d imagine he commanded / earned a premium. I’m optimistic this is a good investment.

Sark the man has never been a question mark for me - he oozes authenticity. I want to believe in a world where great men generally accomplish great things…so hook ‘em coach sarkisian - we’re just getting started.

Given his history, there had to be some question marks coming in. I won’t question that I had some doubts.

But everything else you said - he’s got it. And he won me over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I’m happy for him and his family. He endured a whole bunch of self-inflicted pain and destruction in his life, but he sought and received help in his battle with alcoholism and has come out the other side a completely different person. I hope he is the head coach for as long as he wants to be. He has everything he needs to be successful and he is one of the brightest offensive minds in the college game. He’s going to win big on the field and it’s cool to see him doing all of this considering where he was just a few short years ago. 

This….  100%.     

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean we were probably better last season than any season in Sparty or aggy's history so there's that. 

Sark has a chance to cement himself as one the legends from the new generation of coaches in the college football world.  I think he realizes the infrastructure is now in place for this program to dictate how high the sky goes.   He’s the coach of one of the most recognizable brands in sports which is in a state that produces football talent for the nation at a University that has the resources internally and now externally through NIL.   And more importantly a University President and AD who fricken get it.   We haven’t had that for awhile especially from the  later Mack days until CDC pulled the plug on Tom.      

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Nope the University of Texas Athletics Department is broke, gonna have to open up a lemonade stand.

1 hour ago, Hookem10 said:

Are they still selling candy bars 

The real question: do they have any grapes?

Ducks Laughing GIF

• Haha 4