Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Just now, NorLa Horns said:

It sounds like Rubel was set to announce tonight. And itcwas gonna be Michigan for whatever reason. 

But maybe texad counteroffered. And now we have a delay. Bidding war?  Idk. Wag. 

Based on the info from this thread it seems like it was all Texas anyway. Sydney mentioned Texas being budget disciplined. Not sure if that's fact or opinion. I choose to believe the former.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Images are showing as broken links for me. What is it?

Ketch says we’re trending for Baker and it’s a Texas vs tOSU battle, Oregon isn’t a factor anymore. 

Edited by TXRed
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Images are showing as broken links for me. What is it?

Post on OB of Ketch saying Brandon Baker is trending very, very well. He received word that Oregon is not an issue and the main competition is maybe Ohio State.

Consider it a Surl CB for Oregon.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here's EJ Holland's Michigan update from On3 tonight.

Capture.PNG

Michigan has like 1 DB in their class, so if TFB was to be believed that they made a move for Rubell, kinda interesting that the Michigan guy didn't even mention him.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Still sorta would have liked to see that I think.  If he could have been 80% as good of an edge as he was a TE I think I'd take him as a DE just because of the importance of that position as a lynchpin of the defense.  I think.  

"strange" take. he's literally one of the best TE we've had in 20 years, but yes he should have been a DE. 

10 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Ketch says we’re trending for Baker and it’s a Texas vs tOSU battle, Oregon isn’t a factor anymore. 

So you're telling me he's going to Oregon 

26 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

"strange" take. he's literally one of the best TE we've had in 20 years, but yes he should have been a DE. 

I’d argue him being great at TE is less important to last years team than if he’d been great at DE. But who cares he’s awesome.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I’d argue him being great at TE is less important to last years team than if he’d been great at DE. But who cares he’s awesome.

Yes, this is the point. I’d take a very good DE over a great TE. I’m happy with either- who gives a shit? 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Based on the info from this thread it seems like it was all Texas anyway. Sydney mentioned Texas being budget disciplined. Not sure if that's fact or opinion. I choose to believe the former.

My understanding is we’ve learned some hard budgeting lessons in the last year. The concept that we were being outbid for anyone, specifically Rubell, was all speculation.  

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Looks like aggie, eh I don’t remember the last time Texas took an Athlete listed recruit that turned into a huge contributor.  

uh...Texas has two five star ATH on campus that are absolutely huge contributors today.

image.png.99aa2eef2c0c04ce1ef172297ea7e5f4.png

image.png.85ea8d7bffe3a9b8e2ee417d5ecbad05.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He was WR..   I’m not saying it doesn’t happen but recent history say a big majority don’t end up contributing too much.   Go down the list of 4 star athletes that did nothing, it’s much bigger than ones that did.  

negative. LJH was an ATH

image.png.862b28331dfac2df17bb3746d9b0c621.png

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, NoName said:

negative. LJH was an ATH

image.png.862b28331dfac2df17bb3746d9b0c621.png

The services listed him as an athlete. Everyone, everyone knew he was going to be a WR. This has all been addressed up thread. Sanders and Whittington are good examples to refute the notion, however, as has also been pointed out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, victory88 said:

As annoying as EJ was, he wasn’t the boring snooze fest Roach is.  I feel like they lost all their listeners on their recruiting podcast bc of how boring that fat fuck is.  Dude would be out of breath just talking.  

Put Roach and Boyd together on a podcast and it would spell big trouble for calm.com. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fuck EJ Holland and anyone giving him any, I mean ANY, respect. That guy is a piece of shit. 

Also, you guys have wasted a lot of time worrying about Michigan with Rubell when Ohio State is the problem. 

Michigan did not sound right to me, but if it's tOSU it sounds like a real issue.

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fuck EJ Holland and anyone giving him any, I mean ANY, respect. That guy is a piece of shit. 

Also, you guys have wasted a lot of time worrying about Michigan with Rubell when Ohio State is the problem. 

I hope we secure Rubell as i think he would help us land Corian Gipson.  Also, because Rubell is a damn good player as well.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Seriously, this. EJ Holland is a fucking piece of shit, a narcissitic entitled cuntbag who was mediocre at his job at best, and thought he was a superstar. All the while being the sneaker and shit fashion obsessed remora to his doctor wife. I fully expect him to one day go full Dont Worry Darling on his wife. People bag on roach for being obsessed with HS football, but that stupid motherfucker was obsessed with 7 ON 7. He doesn't even like college football. Fuck that guy, and I mean with a fucking morning star that's been dipped in acid. 

Roach is boring, but at least theoritically he could be of use to society. Like as a human  shield, or as a flotation device if we were on a plane that went down in the ocean. EJ Holland should be fed to a bear. Black, Brown, Polar, homosexual, whatever. 

Would a gay bear like drop an aggressive buttfuck on him and then eat him? Rough way to go for most. 

12 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Michigan did not sound right to me, but if it's tOSU it sounds like a real issue.

I’m not trying to stir anything up and I’m not worried. Just conveying where the alleged threat is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Would a gay bear like drop an aggressive buttfuck on him and then eat him? Rough way to go for most. 

This is the kind of highly scientific research that I think we should be funding as a society. Most painful and humiliating ways for EJ Holland to die. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If that’s how you think he should go, then you should look up the Enumclaw horse case. EJ seems like a prime candidate for another occurrence. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

40 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

The Ohio State visit was a very positive one. Georgia is not thought to be the eventual destination due to being too far and with tough travel to get to Athens for the family. 

Unless the consideration is flying into Columbus v flying into Atlanta and driving to Athens, this is a really weird reason. 

Screenshot-2023-06-29-100254.png

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Georgia is apparently going to land like 5 OTs not including Baker. Absurd. 

Texas apparently decided Uini wasn’t worth the effort in May, as did OU. Bizarre. 

Let's just hope this latest Georgia scandal results in the NCAA going in dry.  I don't have much faith in it, but if more shit is uncovered it could happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Unless the consideration is flying into Columbus v flying into Atlanta and driving to Athens, this is a really weird reason. 

Screenshot-2023-06-29-100254.png

Well, the ATL airport is a monumental pain in the ass getting in and out of..........most of my trips anyway, I hate that airport.

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Per TFB so not sure how accurate. Rubell filmed a commitment video to ohio state when he was there and gave them a silent commitment...then he visited Texas and the staff got pissed about it and told him to fuck off. The pick saturday will be texas 

So Texas told him to fuck off and he still picks us? 

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls