Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Seriously?

We lost him to fucking Oklahoma?

What are you shitting yourself about? It’s been stated multiple times NIL battle. Texas was in line with Ohio St with terms of that, Oklahoma, as said by CTJ, met a really high number that other teams weren’t willing to meet. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

44 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus this guy again. What was his last football board take/meltdown a few weeks ago where the entire recruiting forum laughed their ass off at him? I try to block these episodes out by drinking. 

"This “best recruiting weekend ever” that we had a few weeks ago has yet to materialize into anything special."

His last post before that was "How the hell is A&M pulling receivers" when they got that five star headcase from Alabama.

He's like a dumber satya or a more restrained Bruh Man - only shows up when there's bad news

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"This “best recruiting weekend ever” that we had a few weeks ago has yet to materialize into anything special."

Even though the numbers don't matter, you can't get errrrrybody.  But you don't have to go all regard like this tool.  Let's make 'em eat shit again this year.  😂

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

His last post before that was "How the hell is A&M pulling receivers" when they got that five star headcase from Alabama.

He's like a dumber satya or a more restrained Bruh Man - only shows up when there's bad news

Which is why I have him on ignore.  Join me.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

image.thumb.png.192210ffcef6924718e94eb3016e01c5.png

Not sure if this was already posted, but boooo

I'm pretty sure it was posted upthread that Eric Nahlin/IT reported that staff are no longer pushing hard for Bussey. Not sure if that is because Bussey is repetitive now that Hampton is in the fold or another reason I am possibly forgetting at the moment. 

Good luck to Bussey if he wants to play in Jimbo's offense or good luck to him if the plan is to secure a bag before transferring after a season.

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm pretty sure it was posted upthread that Eric Nahlin/IT reported that staff are no longer pushing hard for Bussey. Not sure if that is because Bussey is repetitive now that Hampton is in the fold or another reason I am possibly forgetting at the moment. 

Good luck to Bussey if he wants to play in Jimbo's offense or good luck to him if the plan is to secure a bag before transferring after a season.

He did suffer a knee injury as well so that may be a factor along with Hampton.

16 minutes ago, Bevo said:

We are all in on Wingo and quite frankly I would prefer Wingo over Bussey.

Definitely not a recruiting expert, but don't Wingo and Bussey play different receiver positions?  I may be completely off here but I figured Bussey to be more of a slot/Whittington type player.

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

Definitely not a recruiting expert, but don't Wingo and Bussey play different receiver positions?  I may be completely off here but I figured Bussey to be more of a slot/Whittington type player.

Yes, but Hampton takes the Bussey role in WR recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, pearlandhorn said:

Different positions or not - we aren't loading up on wide receivers. We have commits from Freddie and Livingston, and we have Hampton. We have more pressing needs, especially when one considers WR is a position that can easily be filled by transfers anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Different positions or not - we aren't loading up on wide receivers. We have commits from Freddie and Livingston, and we have Hampton. We have more pressing needs, especially when one considers WR is a position that can easily be filled by transfers anyway.

6'2 210-215 lbs receiver who runs 10.5-10.8 100m is freakish.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

6 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

4 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Yes, but Hampton takes the Bussey role in WR recruiting.

10 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So at this point the class will be defined by how many we land from: black, Simmons, wingo , and baker?

1)  I believe when we recruited Bussey, he had the option of playing either defense or offense.  The aggies refer to him as a cornerback recruit;  I think they are recruiting him for defense.

2)  KeysPhone - I would add McKinley, Gipson and Mack to your list.  (Some may add D'Antre Robinson as well, ranking notwithstanding.)  So - 

- Simmons

- McKinley/D'antre Robinson

- Black/Gipson/Mack

- Wingo

- Baker

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls