Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Seems like we hit on Malik Muhammad and Warren Roberson off the bat and Derrick Williams has looked good in 7 on 7 and I would bet Jelani McDonald will find a spot on this defense whether it’s at db or lb.  If we get black and Mack, I feel good about our future.  

• Hook 'Em 5

Seems like we hit on Malik Muhammad and Warren Roberson off the bat and Derrick Williams has looked good in 7 on 7 and I would bet Jelani McDonald will find a spot on this defense whether it’s at db or lb.  If we get black and Mack, I feel good about our future.  
That does nothing to help our pursuit of class rank championship!

/aggy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

Was also in Charleston this summer with my family and glad I had sunglasses so my eyes were concealed.  Hot ass was not being concealed.

Times are a changing, Sir.

I was at St Pete Beach, FL for 4th of July.

Spent a week there.

Thousands of people on the beach each day.  Crazy.

Thongs are a blessing and a curse now.

Never seen soooo many chicks wearing thong bikinis.

It was at least 75% thong, 25% not thong.

Downside was your Grandma is now wearing a thong (bleghh).

And the "bats for the wrong team" folk are wearing thongs in the back and penis pouches in the front.  In NEON.  

Sorry, I was really bad about taking pix this year

image.thumb.png.59b608f3f0bdf126a151fdbfb19e5887.png

image.png.08fdba59d6e503da728b9897de0ba9bf.png

Volleyball chick (she was with a bunch of 1st year college looking aged girls who did selfies of each other for 90 minutes

and then spent ten minutes playing volleyball with each other and had very good ball handling skills

image.png.344060a1bffa5b332ae868639d90a5a0.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

And the "bats for the wrong team" folk are wearing thongs in the back and penis pouches in the front.  In NEON.  

Clearly there are some underlying issues here with your own latent homosexuality.  Remember that it’s ok to be yourself now. Let your rainbow show❤️

• Hook 'Em 3

Everyone is 100% correct about Charleston. Best city to visit in the South. Was just there for the 4th - talent everywhere. 

100% agree with this, not having Charleston in my sales territory is the only thing I miss about my old job. My favorite city in the SE by far.

I was also in Charleston for the fourth and posted about the talent on display on the travel thread (also it was crazy humid).  

What was interesting to me was the age diversity.  Groups of college age girls, older groups there for bachelorette parties, more middle aged groups doing girl weekend getaways.  It must check a lot of boxes considering there’s not much nightlife. 

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

100% agree with this, not having Charleston in my sales territory is the only thing I miss about my old job. My favorite city in the SE by far.

Charleston, “… a drinking town with a history problem.”

Just spent 5 days there. Highest temp was 88 F. Nice city. Clean, smallish, not commercialized.  Packs of wedding parties, golf “widows”, etc. all around.

Church & Union Restaurant, an old converted non-denominational church. Not the Sistine Chapel, but they painted the entire “The Art of War” on the ceiling. This is for the Ukraine posters.

Sullivan Beach. Public beach. The “resort” is on the far point in the picture. Reminded me of Port Aransas, ~ 50 years ago. Not sugar white sand, but no high rise condos, no crowds, no sea weed, or no tar balls. No glass or plastic allowed, which I guess means silicone and Botox. This was Friday at 2pm.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Charleston, “… a drinking town with a history problem.”

Just spent 5 days there. Highest temp was 88 F. Nice city. Clean, smallish, not commercialized.  Packs of wedding parties, golf “widows”, etc. all around.

Displaying IMG_4206.jpg

Church & Union Restaurant, an old converted non-denominational church. Not the Sistine Chapel, but they painted the entire “The Art of War” on the ceiling. This is for the Ukraine posters.

Displaying IMG_4203.jpg

Sullivan Beach. Public beach. The “resort” is on the far point in the picture. Reminded me of Port Aransas, ~ 50 years ago. Not sugar white sand, but no high rise condos, no crowds, no sea weed, or no tar balls. No glass or plastic allowed, which I guess means silicone and Botox. This was Friday at 2pm.

Displaying IMG_4143.jpg

Let's try it with pics.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Gerry confirming visit + date.

image.thumb.png.fc6ea529941e7d32fd958b7fa7df5ad9.png

Justice Finkley's frame 🥱

Kid may actually have Giannis' wingspan for all I know. I just want us to get a 6'6 predator kicking ass off the edge. Is that too much to ask?

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I have to tell you, I spent 3 days in Charleston earlier this month with my wife and kids, and it was fucking great. I had there once before and enjoyed that time as well. The amount of hot ass from 18-55 was fucking staggering. Food and sights were great as well. 

Not that your point wasn’t valid or funny. Just wanted to give the shout out. 

Yeah, people who shit on Charleston have never been there or are like 20.

Every single person (small sample size) I know whose been there and is over like 25 loved it.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

Yeah, people who shit on Charleston have never been there or are like 20.

Every single person (small sample size) I know whose been there and is over like 25 loved it.

It can be pretty miserable in July and August.  Uber instead of walking fixes most of that, but part of the charm of the place is that it’s incredibly walkable,  and I don’t care to be sweaty when eating at a nice restaurant.  95 with 90% humidity gets you pretty sweaty pretty quickly.  The other 10 months of the year it’s near perfection.

Don't get the Charleston hate either.

Went in my early 30's and pretty proud we actually did some cool "grown up" stuff.  Handsome cab history tour, open market, couple nice dinners.

Of course the rest of the time we did drugs, went to a concert, got shitfaced/sunburned on Folly Beach and went to a crab boil at a friends house.

It's good to have a balance of learning something with the dumbshit shenanigans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Don't get the Charleston hate either.

Went in my early 30's and pretty proud we actually did some cool "grown up" stuff.  Handsome cab history tour, open market, couple nice dinners.

Of course the rest of the time we did drugs, went to a concert, got shitfaced/sunburned on Folly Beach and went to a crab boil at a friends house.

It's good to have a balance of learning something with the dumbshit shenanigans.

It’s got an early 90’s Austin vibe with better restaurants, plus all of the historical shit, and the ocean.

Edited by conVINCEd

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls