Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

LSU guy just put in a pick.  Nahlin moved off of 80% confidence the other day to say, my bad, I would undo that if I could and now Texas still "can" win this recruitment.  Yeah dude, it's not good. Prepare your anus.  It will keep getting worse. They walk this stuff back bit by bit while also continuing to give hope to those who aren't reading the code correctly.  It's not great man.  

The LSU guys put in their picks in at 60% which is equal to or less than all the UT picks that have been logged for Simmons. They are all guessing. Also I could give a fuck less what that nimrod Nahlin does or says. Assessing the overall picture the data points I care to look at looks a bit more positive for the good guys. Funniest think to me is this looks more likely to go our way than the Gipson recruit yet this board was a lot more positive about that one until Fong dropped his pick.

27 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

LSU guy just put in a pick.  Nahlin moved off of 80% confidence the other day to say, my bad, I would undo that if I could and now Texas still "can" win this recruitment.  Yeah dude, it's not good. Prepare your anus.  It will keep getting worse. They walk this stuff back bit by bit while also continuing to give hope to those who aren't reading the code correctly.  It's not great man.  

Agreed. This one feels very similar to the end of the Jalen Hale recruitment. Obviously we’re pushing harder here, but same general feel/reporting. 

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

The LSU guys put in their picks in at 60% which is equal to or less than all the UT picks that have been logged for Simmons. They are all guessing. Also I could give a fuck less what that nimrod Nahlin does or says. Assessing the overall picture the data points I care to look at looks a bit more positive for the good guys. Funniest think to me is this looks more likely to go our way than the Gipson recruit yet this board was a lot more positive about that one until Fong dropped his pick.

Look man, we had him as a silent going out of his visit and now here we are after his LSU trip, which is the place he's been slated to go for many years.  This thing isn't going the right direction and he was the #1 recruit on our board. It is justifiable that people aren't really happy about this right now.  

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Look man, we had him as a silent going out of his visit and now here we are after his LSU trip, which is the place he's been slated to go for many years.  This thing isn't going the right direction and he was the #1 recruit on our board. It is justifiable that people aren't really happy about this right now.  

dumb-and-dumber-senior-citizen-can-have-

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Honest question, what did you expect to happen after his weekend visit to LSU?

I feel like y'all are going way too far into Nahlin here. Gerry hasn't moved, and he's not the stubborn catty bitch that Nahlin can sometimes be. If the LSU guys were more confident, then they'd all be pouring in from the whole industry because the LSU guys would be telling others. 

That said, if @Wulaw Horn is who I think he is then he probably knows more than me. 

Edited by RollingPresidential
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingPresidential said:

I feel like y'all are going way too far into Nahlin here. Gerry hasn't moved, and he's not the stubborn catty bitch that Nahlin can sometimes be. If the LSU guys were more confident, then they'd all be pouring in from the whole industry because the LSU guys would be telling others. 

This is where I am.

Losing a recruiting battle is not a good thing.

And all teams lose battles.

For me winning Simmons was a clear sign the big dogs want to play here.

But if Simmons does not commit here then it's on the next big dog.

That'll be 2 cents.

Venmo me @idon'tknowshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

That said, if @Wulaw Horn is who I think he is then he probably knows more than me. 

I don’t know much and when I do I’m not usually definitive about it, talking around things leaving hints etc. I’m not saying I know anything here other than this- anyone saying that it’s less rosy today than it was on July 1 is absolutely correct and to hand waive what’s going on away as no big deal or inconclusive isn’t some proof that you have it figured out. 

21 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

The most confidence on the LSU side appears to be coming from fans on Texas message boards. Far more confident than the LSU insiders. Makes one wonder.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

All you can do is wait until he announces.

It's his life and his decision to make.

yep.  not like he past where Mehringher ignores the best players or Warehime takes a destructive shit in a recruit's bathroom.  by all accounts, we've done everything we can for Simmons.  If he wants LSU.. not much you can do about it.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

The lack of any new info from IT is giving me Corian Gipson flashbacks.  Hopefully it goes our way this time.  With that said, the IT guys have been wrong big quite a few times over the years.

Gerry has repeatedly said Simmons is very savvy about recruiting and building his brand.  Bobby said that this reminds him of early 90s recruitment, where both school thought they were going to win. This leads me to the theory that LSU 9.95ers don’t know  where he is committing, same with the Texas 9.95ers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Gerry has repeatedly said Simmons is very savvy about recruiting and building his brand.  Bobby said that this reminds him of early 90s recruitment, where both school thought they were going to win. This leads me to the theory that LSU 9.95ers don’t know  where he is committing, same with the Texas 9.95ers. 

I agree, we're getting Collin Simmons. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

When’s the last time we won a high profile recruitment where us and another school both thought we were getting the player? Feels like we come out on the losing end of those more often than not.

11 hours ago, Teryor said:

Arch feels like it counts here between us and Georgia

11 hours ago, trythisathome said:

I don't think Georgia was ever particularly confident about getting him.

11 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t think any of those recruitments had crystal balls going to the other team a week before the announcement.

Malikmas might be the most memorable one. 

Every college staff is confident in their recruiting abilities so I’m not necessarily putting it all on them. I don’t think any staff in the country just stops recruiting a kid because they think he is in the bag. Maybe the way in which our 9.95ers interpret and present things has caused issues.

10 hours ago, satyanash said:

Using A&M as an example is cheating. They are in a perpetual state of belief that they will always land every recruit, until they don't.

Can't really argue with y'all, if you don't count the recruitments like this that Texas won, it's been a really long time since Texas won one. 

• Haha 6

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls