Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

One of the sites was saying a couple days ago that Texas is keeping in touch with a WR committed elsewhere. People on this thread did a little sleuthing and Gekyle Baker seemed like the best fit for the clues. I'm guessing it's that.

We do not want him. He rates as a one star on the Dbeasy Football Player Ranking System Based on Name Only (DFPRS-BoNo). His only shot at success with that name is at Kentucky, or as a sanitation worker in Gulfport. 

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

We do not want him. He rates as a one star on the Dbeasy Football Player Ranking System Based on Name Only (DFPRS-BoNo). His only shot at success with that name is at Kentucky, or as a sanitation worker in Gulfport. 

We could take him if it helps with his brother, Brandon Baker.

One of the sites was saying a couple days ago that Texas is keeping in touch with a WR committed elsewhere. People on this thread did a little sleuthing and Gekyle Baker seemed like the best fit for the clues. I'm guessing it's that.

Gerry also mentioned that when you don’t find what you like in recruiting, for wr, you just go get somebody from the portal. Wr is one of the positions you can do that with.

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This post from the Aggie thread may give us some insight in that receiver that was mentioned prior that was thought to be out of the picture

image.thumb.jpeg.80373a44cfae1637e05ba831a7dc701c.jpeg

Yeah, on the live stream this morning, Gerry said "head over to Inside Texas later today" to find out who it might be, so we might get confirmation on who it is today.

RE Wingo. If he lands at Mizzou soon then we should have a solid chance to flip him later in the year. They start out with FCS, MTSU, K State, Memphis and Vandy. They should be 4-1 at that point but will face LSU, Kentucky, USC jr, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas.  That finish is 4-3 at best with 0-7 as the downside depending on how those teams shake out. If we win 10+ and Mizzou is any where near 5-7 I dont see a way they hold on to Wingo. 

In both of his full recruiting classes Sark has flipped an elite talent that was lost before the season (Banks/Hill) while adding some surprises late (Worthy/Brooks). Who is the best candidates for the 5 star flips this year? Wingo or Hudson would be the 2 best guesses if they commit soon to schools that have a real chance of being 7-5 or worse. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

RE Wingo. If he lands at Mizzou soon then we should have a solid chance to flip him later in the year. They start out with FCS, MTSU, K State, Memphis and Vandy. They should be 4-1 at that point but will face LSU, Kentucky, USC jr, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas.  That finish is 4-3 at best with 0-7 as the downside depending on how those teams shake out. If we win 10+ and Mizzou is any where near 5-7 I dont see a way they hold on to Wingo. 

In both of his full recruiting classes Sark has flipped an elite talent that was lost before the season (Banks/Hill) while adding some surprises late (Worthy/Brooks). Who is the best candidates for the 5 star flips this year? Wingo or Hudson would be the 2 best guesses if they commit soon to schools that have a real chance of being 7-5 or worse. 

You are giving them a lot of credit to split those first 4 games.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Taking a look at their league - I definitely know I've seen us offer recruits from Los Alamitos.

https://www.maxpreps.com/league/sVp45VmBgEuLeg3rLevWJw/standings-sunset.htm

Deandre Moore is from Los Alamitos, but went to Bosco. Recently, both Makai Lemon and Malachi Nelson attended Los Alamitos, and the team is ranked 16th in the preseason California top 25 (headlined by Mater Dei). '24 blOU TE commit Davon Mitchell goes there. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Since this video was posted, I have spent every moment - 13 hours and 21 minutes - watching it on a loop, and occasionally singing and reenacting Ms. Murphy's most eye-opening highlight moments.

The family took a change of clothes and moved the neighbor's.  

The pets have begun eyeing me suspiciously.  Growling, snarling, and darting in for a quick bite or two.

Will keep you updated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

First of all, wood.

Second, the cameraman focusing the shot on the sole asian woman from the audience through most of the video (during which blondey is laying on her best asian accent, for those that didn’t watch) bumps this up to another level.

Super cringe, surprisingly entertaining. 7/10 chopsticks.  

Haha. Amazing camera work. Truly remarkable. Either the cameraman is completely senile , incredibly racist/incompetent, or he’s in on it? 

Hilarious cringe. Up there with the Kris Kardashian music video featuring OJ. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Since this video was posted, I have spent every moment - 13 hours and 21 minutes - watching it on a loop, and occasionally singing and reenacting Ms. Murphy's most eye-opening highlight moments.

The family took a change of clothes and moved the neighbor's.  

The pets have begun eyeing me suspiciously.  Growling, snarling, and darting in for a quick bite or two.

Will keep you updated.

I forced myself to watch it once. It was more like a challenge just to see if I could get through it. It took two attempts, but I did it, and now I hate myself for it. And I hate myself for laughing uncontrollably as she did her ninja chops in that poor Asian girl’s face. You bastards are a bad influence. 

• Haha 2

Regarding Wingo and the Missouri NIL law, the supposed benefit is that he can make NIL money in high school if he is committed to an in state school.  Specifically, unless I am misunderstanding, he needs to sign a grant in aid to be eligible.  But a grant in aid doesn't tie the kid to the school, just the school to the kid, and you can sign them with multiple schools.

So what is to stop him from committing to Mizzou and signing the grant in aid, getting the NIL money, and then enrolling somewhere else in January?  Is there really a MIzzou collective that is willing to pay a high school kid without any guarantee he signs there?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Yesh said:

Regarding Wingo and the Missouri NIL law, the supposed benefit is that he can make NIL money in high school if he is committed to an in state school.  Specifically, unless I am misunderstanding, he needs to sign a grant in aid to be eligible.  But a grant in aid doesn't tie the kid to the school, just the school to the kid, and you can sign them with multiple schools.

So what is to stop him from committing to Mizzou and signing the grant in aid, getting the NIL money, and then enrolling somewhere else in January?  Is there really a MIzzou collective that is willing to pay a high school kid without any guarantee he signs there?

Nothing

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls