Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

45 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

How many of those were in garbage time? 

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Most of the yardage. When I looked, he was like 7 for 45 in the third quarter. 

The aggy offense didn't do much of anything in the first half. Miami was missing 4 defensive starters for most of the 2nd half and that's when aggy started producing on offense. 

The stats were heavily skewed in the 2nd half due to Miami's injuries. 

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The aggy offense didn't do much of anything in the first half. Miami was missing 4 defensive starters for most of the 2nd half and that's when aggy started producing on offense. 

The stats were heavily skewed in the 2nd half due to Miami's injuries. 

and their 1st two TDs were gifts due to shitty Miami STs. Once Miami stopped stepping on their dicks, they blew the doors off of aggy.

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I can't find the tweet, but Bama' had a huge recruiting weekend for this game.  Crazy number of 5*/4* recruits.

A high school friend has a daughter at Alabama and she and the husband went to a few games last year and then went this year and stayed in a big AirBnB/VRBO with several other parents in town to see their daughters and go to the game. 

After the final whistle I texted: “That was a fun game, wasn’t it.” 
😎

The mom did a year at ASU before returning to Dallas and finished at SMU. No Bama connection before last year.

One word response from her…

Sucked

I was amused.

5 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Lmao

Supposedly Saban’s first double-digit home loss…

…EVER!

Not just at Alabama, but as a head coach. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

So if a five star says I want to come he will be like nah I’m good with this three star?  Got it. Lol.  Numbers wise the class won’t crack the top ten unless he cuts some weight.  What’s the number they want to sign this year?  I don’t think it’s too much above what they have already. Five more maybe?

What? Looks like it will hit 4th or 5th at least with my calculatoring. Not sure who you drop, it's a pretty nice class regardless of rating. Maybe the 995ers should fix our dudes' ratings instead.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Idk where to put this but it’s so great finally have players that we hit (the jackpot on). Evaluations have been great. Ant Hill is actually living up to his 5 stars. We used to get the 5 star busts. Burke. Muhammed. Here’s to hoping our hit rate only goes up.

We could have easily won by 20+ but for some drops.

10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'm just here for the recruit reactions and what commits elsewhere are going to reach out to the staff.

Wingo, Baker, and Black are jumping on board before the end of the month IMO.

10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I can't find the tweet, but Bama' had a huge recruiting weekend for this game.  Crazy number of 5*/4* recruits.

Yeah, the uncommitteds are no brainers and A&M might have a player or two we’d want, but we need to see who we can flip from Alabama’s class. 

5 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Great list. I hope they all enjoyed their loss.

I’m being somewhat gratuitous for the fun of it. To be fair, Texas canceled the in-home with Hale at the last minute and moved on because he wasn’t worth his asks and baggage once Texas looked good on some other targets, so he went to Bama by default. Not sure we recruited Roberts. The other guys really can go fuck themselves though. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, I'm still expecting Hudson to be a horn, so maybe little early here.

Wingo gets the ball rolling next weekend I hope.

Why would anyone think Hudson is coming to Texas? 

For those following recruiting more closely than me,  like any good season doesn't this normally help more with 25 recruits than convincing a guy who is weeks away from committing? 

In the Lake Belton game I watched I saw zero bad body language from Hudson. He seemed engaged with his teammates and coaches the whole game and in the 4Q/OT came in on defense and played EDGE. He was not any good at it but the effort counts.

He aint coming, but he seems more Garrett Wilson and Jaylon Waddle than Evan Stewart

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

For those following recruiting more closely than me,  like any good season doesn't this normally help more with 25 recruits than convincing a guy who is weeks away from committing? 

that's the conventional wisdom.  pretty much exactly what gerry said when asked a recruiting related question on the livecast last night.

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

He’ll end up at aggy after Stewart is one foot in the portal by midseason 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Depending on what Neyor does, Texas could be in the market for a receiver this off-season. That would be glorious. 

Neyor's in a bind that's lucky for us. His injury kept him from leaving after we signed AD. Now he's next up after Worthy declares and would be crazy to go.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You are picking at nits. He was a freshman all American receiver and has 280 yards and 2 TDS in 2 games this season. He is extremely good at football and would make any team better. He’s also a prick like many very good football players. 

Evan Stewart is the only thing in Evan Stewart's path to being extraordinary. Texas would be the perfect fit for him, just not vice versa.

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Especially Jamarion Miller. It was nice to see him get smacked by Kitan Crawford.

But, Herbstreit told me that was only because Miller hasn't learned he can't bounce outside and outrun lesser athletes. Nothing - zip - about Crawford taking the right angle and putting his ass on the ground. I don't think Miller took another snap, did he? 

Edited by Saint Tacky
  • Hook 'Em 1

Any o line considering bama.  Huge difference tonight.  Ewers relatively clean whole night. Zero sacks given up.  I mean what the fuck is that?
Milroe constantly running for his life.  Shit about to get real with NFL draft taking notice of Texas O line that we haven’t seen in over 15 years.  Just hold on to Flood and pitch every 5 star Oline with the Bama game tape.
In 2 games vs Bama, our 5 star fresh/so phenom Banks had no sacks given up and a one hold call down field.  Going up against wil Anderson and Dallas griffin. I mean WTF is that? Crazy.
Bamas freshman LT got owned by Burke and others all night.
I’d say maybe Flood has something to do with that.

When was the last Texas O-linemen who was 3 and out to the NFL...if ever?

It would be awesome if Banks decides to use all his eligibility, but if he keeps up this level of play we realistically only have him for the SEC debut season.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls