Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Lives in Florida, he's literally from Gainesville, a former Florida commit, and has multiple family members who are big Gator fans.

It's an indictment on Juluke and Napier that he's not going to UF. 

Choice is that dude to keep him committed despite our RB room. 

The more of a foothold we can establish in Florida, the better.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Florida board, on Gibson.

image.thumb.png.7625f16d25d364e89c4d317040bd9bea.png

Florida board, on Filsaime.  (After posting about his visit, and his now deleted tweet that that was false.)

image.thumb.png.1589bd91c7dda0e4e880de1b717332b3.png

Noice ... Horns 247, on the Filsaime visit.

image.thumb.png.a1761ac7dffa4bc29b60febe150b2273.png

Gerry (IT) wouldn’t confirm that an OV is scheduled - but he said that the expectation is that Filsaime will be at Texas the weekend of the 8th. Sounds like this was setup but wasn’t supposed to be public yet. 

• Hook 'Em 6

On 11/30/2023 at 2:44 PM, closetojumping said:

Helm's trajectory at this point is a well-rounded TE that plays for a while in the NFL. I'm not talking elite at anything, or reaching All SEC or the early rounds of the draft, but he looks like a guy that is developing into a quality overall TE. 

Yeah and whoever that blonde was at the Bama tailgate with her Gunnar button on was total smoke…

2 hours ago, bwub60 said:

Also Burke, Sorrell, Finkley, Tapp, Walton but not Hill who isnt an edge. 

Yeah I was thinking more defense in general vs Ant and Collin both being edge players. If gnenda, Minnesota Hill and Collins all come back , we may have another really good defense. 

• Drool 1

13 hours ago, futureman said:

who?

do you mean Carter

Oh yeah, good catch, Trill Carter, not Hill.  Had Anthony Hill Jr on my mind, must have juxtaposed the 'ill.    Carter has been as advertised when he came in.  Multiyear starter for the Gophers.  He has another year if he wants

Edited by jdhorn92

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

About this time three years ago, shit looked bleak. Ewers flipped to OSU, Herman was a lame duck, we had whiffed on Meyer, etc. I switched my pfp to the crying jordan bevo and told myself it would stay until we won a conference championship.

Well, boys, today's the day!

Fuck yes. I'm so happy big 12 Champs whats up? 

Croot Reactions

Spoiler

For the first time since 2009, the Texas Longhorns are Big 12 conference champions. 

I was six years old at the time and remember watching it live, but not many of Texas' current targets and/or commits were old enough to remember it as many were still in diapers when that one second was put back on the clock.

That said, many of Texas' top targets and commits are pumped about the Longhorns monumental Big 12 Championship victory, and for good reason as well, they've never really seen this before. 

Without further ado, here's Horns247's updating list of recruit reactions following Texas' statement win over the Oklahoma State Cowboys. 

TEXAS COMMITS

Trey Owens, QB, Cy-Fair

“Only a sign for the future, hell of a win!”

Jordan Washington, TE, Houston Langham Creek

“Man that was huge.”

D'Antre Robinson, DL, Orlando (FL) Jones

“I knew it was happening this year no surprise I love it.”

Santana Wilson, CB, Desert Mountain (AZ)

“HOOK’EM!!! And you know we needed it!”

Jordon Johnson-Rubell, S, IMG Academy (FL)

“Great win by the Team, now it’s time to get some of these guys to flip to The University of Texas.”

KJ Lacey, QB, Saraland (AL) (2025 commit)

"That’s insane! They played a great game all around. Quinn was airing it out. He played a really good game. Looked like everyone was on the same page all game. Also, You know just the great season and all of the momentum that is built up right now, I hope this playoff thing works out. So I can watch them have a shot at this natty. And as always Hook ‘em."

Tyanthony Smith, LB, Jasper (Texas A&M commit)

“Texas plays hard..Sark takes pride in culture and you see it pre & post game and I love it !”

Deondrae Riden, RB, DeSoto

“Excited for them boys they deserved it.”

Riley Wormley, RB, Southlake Carroll

“An amazing coaching staff and great athletes. One of the top recruiting classes. To be honest I think Texas is back and just getting started”

Jacorey Watson, WR, Alvin Shadow Creek

"IT'S THEIR YEAR!! But I wasn’t surprised, I really hope they make the playoffs I’m rooting for them!"

Taz Williams, WR, Red Oak

“It says a lot about the program and how Coach Sark did a great job on recruiting and bringing in a great staff.”

Emaree Winston, TE, Calhoun (GA)

“I just know Coach Sark building something special”

Ty Haywood, OT, Denton Ryan

"I feel like they put in all the hard work that needed to be done to win the whole thing"

Tyler Thomas, OT, Dickinson

"I’m not surprised at all that they won but now I’m just hoping the CFP committee doesn’t keep them out of the playoff"

John Mills, OT, San Francisco (CA) St. Ignatius College Preparatory 

"Super excited. Just shows the future of this program and how far they will go."

Devin Harper, IOL, Shreveport (LA) Captain Shreve

“I feel like Texas is elite, and they have a bunch of great coaches and players that put in the work to get to this point, excited to see if they get in.”

Ethan Utley, DL, Nashville (TN) Ensworth

“Thats huge going out with a bang in the big 12 heading into the sec with some momentum and confidence. Defense performed like one of the best in the country”

Michael Riles, DL, Port Arthur Memorial

"It definitely got me thinking about attending there."

Carmello Brooks, DL, Katy Paetow

“Expected! Coach Sark and Bo are getting the job done!!”

Riley Pettijohn, LB, McKinney

“I was impressed with the way Texas’ defense played I loved the way they shut down the run and the pass and flew around all game.”

Elijah Barnes, LB, Dallas Skyline

“It’s great for them it’s a moment for them to celebrate history you know happy for them and good luck to the rest of their season.”

Noah Mikhail, LB, La Verne (CA) Bonita

“Crazy! it’s a huge win for them!”

Ko'o Kia, LB, Punahou (HI)

"It just makes me very excited about where the program is headed. I think that winning this game is a huge step toward Texas returning to the top of college football."

Jaboree Antoine, CB, New Iberia (LA) Westgate

“I expect them to do that coming off the season they had.”

Cobey Sellers, CB, Alvin Shadow Creek

“Me and my pops sat and watched the full game. They definitely looked like the better team. This huge for them, they look really good going into the SEC, and definitely should be in the CFP. They are clearly one of the best teams in the country.”

Kendall Daniels Jr., S, Norfolk (VA) Maury

"Proud of them many more to come"

Demetrius Brisbon, ATH, Tyler Chapel Hill (SMU commit)

“I knew Texas was going to win , they came out and showed them why they deserved that title !”

Zymear Smith, ATH, North Caroline (MD)

“They been putting in the work since week 1 just been dominating on both sides of the ball excited to see them play can’t wait to get down there”

Tradarian Ball, RB, Texarkana Texas High

“I’m very excited for them they earned it they’ve put in a lot of hard work to get to this point they came in and did what they had to do it would be great to see them win a championship”

Jabari Mack, WR, Destrehan (LA)

"I loved it and knew they could with the talent and coaching that they have and they could go even further this year"

Brayden Robinson, WR, Red Oak

“Definitely happy for the program they played another complete game, hopefully they get a spot in the playoffs”

Bryce Perry-Wright, DL, Buford (GA)

“That’s really great had a great game even letting them line men getting some love for a touchdown that’s exciting”

Ashton Moore, LB, Alpharetta (GA)

“That’s big for the program and with the recruits they’re getting I love what I’m seeing and I feel like coach Sark is building something big over there and with the freshman all over the field and how good their defense is it gives me a lot to think about”

Isaiah Williams, S, Fort Bend Marshall

“Big achievement for those guys but I knew it was coming when I took a visit the way they work and go about things it’s just different there and they’re a high caliber team.”

Ethan Feaster, WR, DeSoto

“I knew they were going to dominate the big 12 since I saw they beat Alabama so it wasn’t really a surprise to me”

Zane Rowe, ATH, Denton Guyer

“I think that’s really cool, hard work paying off. Defense made incredible stops , and offense steam rolled OSU . HOOK EM”

Edited by Teryor
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Croot Reactions

Hide contents

For the first time since 2009, the Texas Longhorns are Big 12 conference champions. 

I was six years old at the time and remember watching it live, but not many of Texas' current targets and/or commits were old enough to remember it as many were still in diapers when that one second was put back on the clock.

That said, many of Texas' top targets and commits are pumped about the Longhorns monumental Big 12 Championship victory, and for good reason as well, they've never really seen this before. 

Without further ado, here's Horns247's updating list of recruit reactions following Texas' statement win over the Oklahoma State Cowboys. 

TEXAS COMMITS

Trey Owens, QB, Cy-Fair

“Man that was huge.”

“Great win by the Team, now it’s time to get some of these guys to flip to The University of Texas.”

"That’s insane! They played a great game all around. Quinn was airing it out. He played a really good game. Looked like everyone was on the same page all game. Also, You know just the great season and all of the momentum that is built up right now, I hope this playoff thing works out. So I can watch them have a shot at this natty. And as always Hook ‘em."

“Texas plays hard..Sark takes pride in culture and you see it pre & post game and I love it !”

“An amazing coaching staff and great athletes. One of the top recruiting classes. To be honest I think Texas is back and just getting started”

"IT'S THEIR YEAR!! But I wasn’t surprised, I really hope they make the playoffs I’m rooting for them!"

“It says a lot about the program and how Coach Sark did a great job on recruiting and bringing in a great staff.”

"I feel like they put in all the hard work that needed to be done to win the whole thing"

"I’m not surprised at all that they won but now I’m just hoping the CFP committee doesn’t keep them out of the playoff"

"Super excited. Just shows the future of this program and how far they will go."

“I feel like Texas is elite, and they have a bunch of great coaches and players that put in the work to get to this point, excited to see if they get in.”

“Thats huge going out with a bang in the big 12 heading into the sec with some momentum and confidence. Defense performed like one of the best in the country”

“I was impressed with the way Texas’ defense played I loved the way they shut down the run and the pass and flew around all game.”

“It’s great for them it’s a moment for them to celebrate history you know happy for them and good luck to the rest of their season.”

"It just makes me very excited about where the program is headed. I think that winning this game is a huge step toward Texas returning to the top of college football."

“Me and my pops sat and watched the full game. They definitely looked like the better team. This huge for them, they look really good going into the SEC, and definitely should be in the CFP. They are clearly one of the best teams in the country.”

“I knew Texas was going to win , they came out and showed them why they deserved that title !”

“They been putting in the work since week 1 just been dominating on both sides of the ball excited to see them play can’t wait to get down there”

“I’m very excited for them they earned it they’ve put in a lot of hard work to get to this point they came in and did what they had to do it would be great to see them win a championship”

"I loved it and knew they could with the talent and coaching that they have and they could go even further this year"

“Definitely happy for the program they played another complete game, hopefully they get a spot in the playoffs”

“That’s really great had a great game even letting them line men getting some love for a touchdown that’s exciting”

“That’s big for the program and with the recruits they’re getting I love what I’m seeing and I feel like coach Sark is building something big over there and with the freshman all over the field and how good their defense is it gives me a lot to think about”

“Big achievement for those guys but I knew it was coming when I took a visit the way they work and go about things it’s just different there and they’re a high caliber team.”

“I knew they were going to dominate the big 12 since I saw they beat Alabama so it wasn’t really a surprise to me”

“I think that’s really cool, hard work paying off. Defense made incredible stops , and offense steam rolled OSU . HOOK EM”

Whomever wrote that second paragraph can promptly fuck himself with Stoop’s entire bag of dicks…now excuse me while I go grab an Advil and the Icy Hot.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

Croot Reactions

Reveal hidden contents

TEXAS COMMITS

Trey Owens, QB, Cy-Fair

“Man that was huge.”

Here is a dot distribution map of the above recruiting update. We gettin' errrbody

CDN media

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1