Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

54 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The portal thread is at 192 pages, which substantially reduces the page count on this thread.  If we combined the two into a new talent acquisition thread it would be 622 pages.

Agree,  the portal thread is like a 1st cousin to recruiting.  But add 'em up and it's still not close to 1000.  

Someone pointed out upthread it seems like the suspense is gone.  It just seemed  like there was more uncertainty come signing day.  Hell we used to have a night shift around signing day but we had to lay them off.  

Edited by Laga4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

500 pages should be the new target. This thread is filled to the brim with rambling idiocy and, despite everyone's best efforts, we didn't even come close to 500. Frankly, I blame guys like fatkid and golfclap for disappearing. 

I miss you too

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

No clue. That's the thing though, there are content and conversation drivers, then there are drive-by quippers, there are news updaters, there are question askers, there are simple idiots, and then there are lurkers. We can all fit around any of that at any given time, but everyone buckets primarily into limited set of categories. Content and conversation drivers are as such because they post a lot, they're usually trying to post something provocative or creative or at least original. They're going to have plenty of takes and some of those will be flat out absurd in hindsight. It goes with the territory. This board is inherently better when more people are participating and, God forbid, taking some risk in their positions. 

That's not a rant at you, wop genius. Just food for thought for everyone while it's slow.

Jatavion Sanders has better hands than Devin Duvernay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

19 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Didnt the Urban Meyer thread hit 500 pages in like a month?

Probably. There was a week or maybe a two week period where the thread had a constant flow of post 24/7. The thread had it all and was pound for pound one of the best. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Teryor said:

Plus you've lost 2 full months of discussion per class with ESD becoming the new signing day. 

I think this is one of the two biggest reasons. Almost everyone signs on ESD, we’ve shortened the recruiting cycle by two months.

The other big reason is that recruiting discussions have been fractured into a bunch of different threads. The transfer portal thread is almost 200 pages, the aggy thread is over 200 pages, the coaches and supporting staff thread is over 50 pages and we create a new thread for every single commit.

Also, there’s an OU thread, an NIL thread, an aggy screenshot thread, a SEC screenshot thread, a 9.95ers thread, etc.

Some of these existed on shaggy, but a lot of them didn’t.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

there are content and conversation drivers, then there are drive-by quippers, there are news updaters, there are question askers, there are simple idiots, and then there are lurkers.

I like to believe that ctj was writing this to the tune of Toby Keith's "I love this bar" . 

Signed,
Drive-by-quipper

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I like to believe that ctj was writing this to the tune of Toby Keith's "I love this bar" . 

Signed,
Drive-by-quipper

I like music across the entire spectrum of what people call "music" outside of the suicide metal stuff. So, "Should Have Been a Cowboy" is indeed on my playlist. Otherwise, I don't find any of that sooner dipshit's songs worth a fuck. Sonos in the office today has been set to Hipster Cocktail Radio on Pandora and that's been fine by me.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Ryan Williams to Alabama per Hayes Fawcett on twitter.

There were a lot of factors that wound up playing a role on this one, but apparently the biggest was that the guy wanted to go to Bama and be a part of their history. Good for him and them. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I like music across the entire spectrum of what people call "music" outside of the suicide metal stuff. So, "Should Have Been a Cowboy" is indeed on my playlist. Otherwise, I don't find any of that sooner dipshit's songs worth a fuck. Sonos in the office today has been set to Hipster Cocktail Radio on Pandora and that's been fine by me.

I heard you strictly use red solo cups because of Toby Keith 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I did a karaoke rendition of Should’ve Been a Cowboy in a Milwaukee bar the night before the Dez catch Dallas/Green Bay playoff game.  It impressed a hot enough at closing time midwestern woman enough to head back to my hotel with me.  So, this hits close to home.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I saw the Drive-By Quippers in concert.  It was a bit exasperating because each song was less than 30 seconds long.

I got Orange and I got white

And every day there's 50 more shit posts on this site

Ferrell said Arch ain't comin' back

Well I ain't posting too much, I'm fading to black

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Half Baked Boo GIF

Death metal: the Diablo wings of music - unendurable shit people just pretend to like to try to impress other people that don't actually care.

4 hours ago, Viper said:

I got Orange and I got white

And every day there's 50 more shit posts on this site

Ferrell said Arch ain't comin' back

Well I ain't posting too much, I'm fading to black

Now this is a good music joke/opinion

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Malikmas and que paso Lampkin year...

Señor Lampkin was truly the peak of recruiting nonsense. There are things so much more insane in terms of crime and shenanigans, but nothing quite as through the looking glass as failing school to get out of UT and to go to OU

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

4 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Señor Lampkin was truly the peak of recruiting nonsense. There are things so much more insane in terms of crime and shenanigans, but nothing quite as through the looking glass as failing school to get out of UT and to go to OU

Wharever happened to that worthless piece of shit? Motherfucker estupido.

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Wharever happened to that worthless piece of shit? Motherfucker estupido.

NM should have read all the way down.

Doesn't change that he was an unethical moron. The story of his death just confirms it.

Edited by Tex Pete

19 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Jatavion Sanders has better hands than Devin Duvernay.

Without a common force to keep posters in line, their default condition is one of "shitposting;" and it is a war of every man against every man.  For "shitposting" is not merely posting a useless meme or the act of trolling.  "Shitposting" is a period of time in which it is well known that posters will join the activity readily.  It is a disposition to post terrible shit in times when there are no assurances to the contrary.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Without a common force to keep posters in line, their default condition is one of "shitposting;" and it is a war of every man against every man.  For "shitposting" is not merely posting a useless meme or the act of trolling.  "Shitposting" is a period of time in which it is well known that posters will join the activity readily.  It is a disposition to post terrible shit in times when there are no assurances to the contrary.

hobbes-is-just-so-adorable-v0-cfn2hmm9ri

• Haha 4