USMNT 2021

Napoleon

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

What am I watching for exactly? He looks like he might be yelling "Noonan!" but I can't tell.

What I can tell is that Lozano was in the box big time before the kick. He was timing a run but gave up about 3 steps in and was EASILY 3 yards in the box. Glad that it was a non-factor.

image.png.2cacf84322f9e23fa8ec9f6a90961204.png

#14 Lainez was jostling with Acosta.  Acosta and Brooks stood close enough to wall out Lainez, so he tried to put his arms around both and push them apart.  Brooks casually elbows Lainez backwards about 15 feet.  

Also FYI.  Reyna was hit with a full tall boy can of beer - hence the stretcher.  Someone on here called him a pussy thinking it was a soft drink/paper cup.

10 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

in closing for the evening, i am not on a beerholder bandwagon, biggest issue of the night was when it was clear tri were going to attack down the right and go after ream beerholder did not adjust.  the only compliment i will extend to beerholder is that when he did bring on exhibition players, he didn't ask them to do very much.

Yep.  Surly called it.  Bigsoccer called it.  Even the halftime crew said something about the biggest concern is in leaving Ream on an island to defend 1-v-1.

HOLY HELL.  That was insanity.  I just read though all the game posts, so yall might get a bunch of notifications.  

Im still mad about Ream starting, and Gregggggg deciding to switch formations, but oh well.   W

And a fan trying to rush the broadcast booth and getting tossed over the rails!

There is so much shit that happened last night it is hard to process it all.

A couple things.  Horvath was fucking NAILS, might just have Wally Pipp'd Steffen.   At the very least, GK spot is open and Zack shouldn't be the auto #1.  

Pulisic, him nailing the PK was massive.  NGL, I was pretty nervous when he lined up.  He has had the weight of the USMNT on his back for 3 years now, he is the one to take us to the next level, captain america, etc..   Seeing him smoke that shot and celebrate felt like all this team is finally turning the corner.  For a year plus all we talk about is how well these guys are playing for their clubs.  They had never done for country.  They have now.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Pulisic, him nailing the PK was massive.  NGL, I was pretty nervous when he lined up. 

for a split second as i saw the trajectory of the ball, I went "oh no, he skyed it".

whew.. glad it went in obviously.

11 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

we got bailed out by var; if tri got the 2nd goal then there is no reyna poach and it ends 3-1 at best.  biggest issue of the night was when it was clear tri were going to attack down the right and go after ream beerholder did not adjust.  the only compliment i will extend to beerholder is that when he did bring on exhibition players, he didn't ask them to do very much.

Bailed out? He was clearly offsides.

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Reynolds is a RB not a CB

He could still play the right/left side of a 3 man back line, that's the reason for the suggestion of Reynolds - someone quick enough to cover a lot of ground when Dest moves upfield. The anti-Ream.

Thought the VAR overturn on the handball against US in extra time was a shit call. Wondering if the reaction to the US penalty and subsequent PK goal and the ensuing shit show by the Mexican fans had any bearing on that replay call. I bet they thought they’d have a full on riot if they didn’t throw the Mexicans a bone in that situation. I thought the same thing when the ref declined to give Herrera a deserved second yellow card. 

3 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Just waking up and hurting. Going to get some menudo down the street, head to dispensary and then airport. Mission fucking accomplished boys!! Finally skimmed through the thread a bit. Fucking jerseyman is so aggy 

I love how he hasn't been back on the thread (other than lurking) since making that idiotic comment and the subsequent, well-deserved fisting he received as the result.  What a bitch.  Maybe JNip's dad beat jerseyman's ass too.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

I love how he hasn't been back on the thread (other than lurking) since making that idiotic comment and the subsequent, well-deserved fisting he received as the result.  What a bitch.  Maybe JNip's dad beat jerseyman's ass too.  

I can condone Lakers fans in the NBA thread or OU fans on the football board but man I can't in good faith condone people supporting fucking El Tri here. Find somewhere else. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Thought the VAR overturn on the handball against US in extra time was a shit call. Wondering if the reaction to the US penalty and subsequent PK goal and the ensuing shit show by the Mexican fans had any bearing on that replay call. I bet they thought they’d have a full on riot if they didn’t throw the Mexicans a bone in that situation. I thought the same thing when the ref declined to give Herrera a deserved second yellow card. 

In these 4 Nations League games I noticed they were calling these handballs way, WAY tighter than in Europe. If the ball touched your arm, no matter the range, *WHISTLE*. It wasn't a super factor in USA-Honduras, but in Costa Rica-Mexico I saw at least 5 calls, a few of which were even closer than this VAR call. I mean they were calling players for heading into their own arm, which is NEVER called in any of the European leagues.

I hated the call, but at least they were consistent, even if the calls were incredibly harsh.

Plus you don't get Horvath's save without the call.

24 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Wait a second ....

nlcelebration8.ashx?h=1370&la=en-US&w=20

WTF is this monstrosity!?!?

image.png.b41ee92921308e014b8afff432d4323d.png

Lots of that shit around. That one isn't as bad honestly and the half and half on thr sleeves but it's still fucking weak. Fuck El Tri motherfuckers

Oh man what a shit show the airport is. 5 delays and 2 cancellations due to the storms in Texas but it's all worth it baby. Suck my dick El Tri culeros. All day I've been with this money grab tourney and meaningless bullshit. Man fuck them mexico fans would be throwing that gigantes de concacaf out there right now if they had won. My friends sound like @Jersey Man10fuck I need new friends 

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, alincoln said:

To be fair to Lalas, almost all of the Mexican fans at the game live in the United States and some are Americans.  It's almost impossible to overstate the insecurity of the average Mexican soccer fan regarding this second stage evolution of U.S. soccer.  They did not anticipate the avalanche of young U.S. players moving to the Big 5 leagues and are beginning to realize that the depth of legitimate international American talent is real and only going to increase while the Mexicans will remain the same Mexico they have been since the 80s. 

Mexican fans are generally tolerable when they are winning but they are cornered rats when losing, particularly when losing to their hated American rivals.  Anyone who has watched the U.S. win a game against Mexico outside of Columbus and SLC has experienced the sad descent of the Mexican fans to paranoia, self-loathing and violence when the U.S. closes in on victory.  They are losing in real time the one thing they care about the most and the one thing they have had over the gringos.  The aggy analogies are disturbingly apt.  The mindset of aggy toward Texas is almost indistinguishable from the mindset of the Mexican team and fanbase towards the USMNT.  The violent and disruptive behavior of the Mexican players and fanbase will only continue to deteriorate in the coming years as the Americans win game after game against them.  The gamesmanship (aka cheating) of the Mexican team is going to reach unprecedented and pathetic levels over the next decade as their futile resistance to American domination of the rivalry collapses. 

Mexico may not beat the US for 10 years outside of Azteca if the US fed hires a real coach.  It's all over for the Mexicans and they know it.  

i can't rep this again but i can bump it forward

• Hook 'Em 1

so here we are, 24 hours later, and i agree with rog's take (mib rog).....

what we witnessed last night is PEAK CONCACAF

@JNip show your face you fucking coward

bend over and show us your puto you sorry sack of shit

despite a decade of bitchassedness on this board and our prior incarnations i have only slightly despised you, but you will earn a place in hell if you don't show your face and eat a stoops-sized bag of dicks

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Hey man just landed at sfw after being at DiA since 2pm. Sabes que it was all worth it. Get ready to ride this fucking USA train baby. 

Fxuk I should have never moved to th burbs. Well I'm drunk

Screenshot_20210608-021505_Photos.jpg

Edited by Zepol87
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

Lost in all the hoopla, Herrera not getting at least a 2nd yellow late in the game was criminal.  Such crap.

Also, the corner given away by Mexico, which led to our 2nd goal, was really, really bad.  Almost as bad as Mckennie's assist on Mexico's first goal.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Lost in all the hoopla, Herrera not getting at least a 2nd yellow late in the game was criminal.  Such crap.

Also, the corner given away by Mexico, which led to our 2nd goal, was really, really bad.  Almost as bad as Mckennie's assist on Mexico's first goal.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

in the prem that's straight red and 3-5 games

That wasn't lost at the time, that was a terrible call. I think most of us agree that should have been a 2nd yellow and possibly a straight red. Even his first yellow on the foul on Horvath was pretty heavy and late, potentially could have been shown a red for that too.

And no kidding about the corner we scored on. That was such an unforced error and completely unnecessary. I am not sure who that was or what they were thinking, but kicking the ball out then/there was completely idiotic.

We certainly capitalized on Mexican mistakes, that corner and on our first goal, WTH was Antuna doing? He marked no one, did nothing (barely moved) and his presence kept Reyna onsides.

image.png.9188c127034e31dc2147f2a6c18e7bc2.png

Not to mention the foul on Pulisic that resulted in the PK.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/7/2021 at 3:09 PM, ztejas said:

I can condone Lakers fans in the NBA thread or OU fans on the football board but man I can't in good faith condone people supporting fucking El Tri here. Find somewhere else. 

hey hey now... I support Mexico because I was born in Mexico and lived there as a child...but I'm not a trolling dick here. 

ashamed of the fucking Mexican fans throwing shit and chanting "Puto"

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, El Tri said:

hey hey now... I support Mexico because I was born in Mexico and lived there as a child...but I'm not a trolling dick here. 

ashamed of the fucking Mexican fans throwing shit and chanting "Puto"

Fair enough. You're invited to the cookout. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1