All Encompassing Mortgage and Real Estate Thread

UTPhil2006

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Don’t markets normally slow seasonally when school starts?

Yes every market I work in sees peak sales in June, slowdown in august.  Austin is still absolutely insane right now and nothing locally is going to help prices stabilize or stop rising.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:09 PM, Steel Shank said:

I may have misheard, but is the Austin median home sales price supposed to increase 30% from 2021 to 2022?

Going forward?  I haven't heard that.  It's roughly in line with the increase from 2020 to 2021.  A couple of months ago I heard a forecast for another 10% by end of December.  I'm not sure that's happening, it seems we're showing signs of the typical price cooling approaching the fall, at least in NW Austin.

It also depends on where you're looking at Austin proper or the MSA.  Finding clear reporting is difficult.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Going forward?  I haven't heard that.  It's roughly in line with the increase from 2020 to 2021.  A couple of months ago I heard a forecast for another 10% by end of December.  I'm not sure that's happening, it seems we're showing signs of the typical price cooling approaching the fall, at least in NW Austin.

It also depends on where you're looking at Austin proper or the MSA.  Finding clear reporting is difficult.

It must have been 2020 -> 2021.  Still damn crazy.

I have some advice for people considering using a weak real estate agent or discount broker/agent to list their home or buy a home. Without giving the long, detailed story of my own experience, basically I got a real estate license because I was sick of bad agents.  I started doing my own deals, which included rental homes. I now do this for friends and family among other business interests.  This morning is a perfect example of the potential lost dollars of using bad agents.

There was a listing that went out this week.  But because of technical glitches in the systems, only a portion of the internet sites were seeing the listing. Bad agents typically not only don't spend any time at all ensuring the listing is propagating properly across the internet, they often don't even know what sites people use to search for houses. Yes, they are that bad at their jobs.

If this error hadn't been caught, it would have meant substantially lower traffic in the house and ultimately lower and fewer bids.  This is just one example of the importance of using a highly, highly competant realtor. I get it. I hated the commissions realtors earned.  But I can now tell you from personal experience that there are a thousand little details just like this that are critical for achieving a successful real estate transaction outcome. 

Most poeple don't realize it.  They just think that some family friend with a license that does transactions did a great job because they were so friendly and helpful.  Or maybe the houses they listed sold quickly.  They don't realize that thousands of dollars were lost in the process somehow.

On 8/16/2021 at 12:08 PM, Steel Shank said:

It must have been 2020 -> 2021.  Still damn crazy.

We were crunk when we sold our central Austin (Mueller) house in March for 26% higher than houses of the same floor plan sold for in 2020. Then a couple others in the neighborhood sold for $50-100k above what we got and we played tiny violins of sadness. Since July 1, prices for similar floor plans (bed, bath, sqft) have dipped slightly below what we got in March. I’m sure it will fire back up in January though. 

7 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We were crunk when we sold our central Austin (Mueller) house in March for 26% higher than houses of the same floor plan sold for in 2020. Then a couple others in the neighborhood sold for $50-100k above what we got and we played tiny violins of sadness. Since July 1, prices for similar floor plans (bed, bath, sqft) have dipped slightly below what we got in March. I’m sure it will fire back up in January though. 

So the guy that bought his house on 6/30/2021 is currently down $100,000 from purchase price?  Yikes.  

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So the guy that bought his house on 6/30/2021 is currently down $100,000 from purchase price?  Yikes.  

We sold our house this winter (not in a major Texas market) and were worried about this situation, so we found a 1200 square foot newly remodeled house in a not entirely desirable neighborhood for $92k. We can sock money away and have a super cheap house note while we look for some land that isn't too terribly overpriced and have a place to live while we build our dream home. And then we can rent it out afterwards for upwards of twice the note.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I have some advice for people considering using a weak real estate agent or discount broker/agent to list their home or buy a home. Without giving the long, detailed story of my own experience, basically I got a real estate license because I was sick of bad agents.  I started doing my own deals, which included rental homes. I now do this for friends and family among other business interests.  This morning is a perfect example of the potential lost dollars of using bad agents.

There was a listing that went out this week.  But because of technical glitches in the systems, only a portion of the internet sites were seeing the listing. Bad agents typically not only don't spend any time at all ensuring the listing is propagating properly across the internet, they often don't even know what sites people use to search for houses. Yes, they are that bad at their jobs.

If this error hadn't been caught, it would have meant substantially lower traffic in the house and ultimately lower and fewer bids.  This is just one example of the importance of using a highly, highly competant realtor. I get it. I hated the commissions realtors earned.  But I can now tell you from personal experience that there are a thousand little details just like this that are critical for achieving a successful real estate transaction outcome. 

Most poeple don't realize it.  They just think that some family friend with a license that does transactions did a great job because they were so friendly and helpful.  Or maybe the houses they listed sold quickly.  They don't realize that thousands of dollars were lost in the process somehow.

This hasn’t been corrected in over a week. Granted, it’s just the description, but still show a little pride in what you do. Sent it over to my realtor and told him I wanted it put in the contract we’d be minutes from crystal beach and be within 100 miles of Amarillo. He laughed. 

BD1F0FA0-6221-4464-9DE1-C2918B3EA268.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I doubt the Californian transplants are looking to sell already so they won’t realize a loss. I am relieved I didn’t buy back into the Austin market this summer though. 

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

So, the GF has this dingy friend that wants to sell.  I agree to list her tiny condo for 4%...the "good guy" discount.

She's a massive slop and general PITA.   I held an open house.  I went down 1.5 hours early to vacuum, mop, and dust her nasty-ass place before I could show it.   It's in SD city proper, so my usual housekeepers don't go that far.   I'm working my ass off dealing with this PITA client for fucking peanuts.  I'm getting paid like a fucking redfin agent but giving her full fucking service. 

I got the condo in escrow for over-asking price.  She flips the fuck out when she finds out that she has to write a check to the HOA to have the HOA info sent to escrow for the buyer.  It's $150.   On the net sheet that I did for her, I estimated it at $300, so she's up $150 and still mad about it. 
FML.

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

So, the GF has this dingy friend that wants to sell.  I agree to list her tiny condo for 4%...the "good guy" discount.

She's a massive slop and general PITA.   I held an open house.  I went down 1.5 hours early to vacuum, mop, and dust her nasty-ass place before I could show it.   It's in SD city proper, so my usual housekeepers don't go that far.   I'm working my ass off dealing with this PITA client for fucking peanuts.  I'm getting paid like a fucking redfin agent but giving her full fucking service. 

I got the condo in escrow for over-asking price.  She flips the fuck out when she finds out that she has to write a check to the HOA to have the HOA info sent to escrow for the buyer.  It's $150.   On the net sheet that I did for her, I estimated it at $300, so she's up $150 and still mad about it. 
FML.

Do you get to bang her?  Because it sounds like you should have negotiated that with your GF before you decided you’d do her a favor And help her friend at a discount. 

now, I've got lots of problems, but having to negotiate with the GF isn't one of them.  She's a trooper, and she's up for anything. Even when she's not up for it, she's up for it, if you catch my drift.  

I was in a miserable marriage for a very long time, and the GF is like a turbo-fan blowing oxygen in my face 24/7

She's not perfect, but hey, a man with empty balls can overlook some minor faults now and then. 

• Hook 'Em 5

15 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

FML.

No good deed goes unpunished. I am very hesitant to list close friends and family. They tend to want to list the house for considerably more than current value, and expect you to list it for them for basically free, then bitch when they don't get an offer within 48 hours. Had two of those this summer.

CHIEF

15 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

now, I've got lots of problems, but having to negotiate with the GF isn't one of them.  She's a trooper, and she's up for anything. Even when she's not up for it, she's up for it, if you catch my drift.  

I was in a miserable marriage for a very long time, and the GF is like a turbo-fan blowing oxygen in my face 24/7

She's not perfect, but hey, a man with empty balls can overlook some minor faults now and then. 

Good bye

So, same deal.  It's a condo, so the seller is obligated to furnish all the HOA stuff to the buyer.  HOA management company charges $175 for that.  Today I got a check from the seller and drove it over to the management company.  I'd never been to their office.  I walk in, and the receptionist had more titty on display than I've ever seen from a woman that wasn't naked.  Those motherfuckers...wow.  I mean, a fucking cocktail waitress in a nightclub wouldn't have shown that much titty. 

Everybody I've talked to at that company has been female, but it must be a pervy man that owns it.  Honestly, if I was running the joint I think I would have told her to go home and change.  Nice to look at, but totally inappropriate for an office.  Shit, damn near inappropriate for anywhere. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

So, same deal.  It's a condo, so the seller is obligated to furnish all the HOA stuff to the buyer.  HOA management company charges $175 for that.  Today I got a check from the seller and drove it over to the management company.  I'd never been to their office.  I walk in, and the receptionist had more titty on display than I've ever seen from a woman that wasn't naked.  Those motherfuckers...wow.  I mean, a fucking cocktail waitress in a nightclub wouldn't have shown that much titty. 

Everybody I've talked to at that company has been female, but it must be a pervy man that owns it.  Honestly, if I was running the joint I think I would have told her to go home and change.  Nice to look at, but totally inappropriate for an office.  Shit, damn near inappropriate for anywhere. 

Something seems to be missing from your post. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Pics aren’t loading 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You can teach em to type, but you can't teach em to grow tits.
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

HOA management companies are basically useless whores operating a fee treadmill, so might as well put a hooker with her tits hanging out at the front desk. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 8:57 AM, Dbeasy said:

*competent

On 8/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, Gil Bang said:

I hate apple. They disable the pic loading feature on older models because pics aren’t loading 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/20/2021 at 12:56 PM, Gil Bang said:

Pin on memini

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Modern modular homes. Worth it?

In remote areas, sure? My wife is a high-up in Commercial modular, but one of the execs that left the company does modular homes. Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, remote Colorado, you are looking at twice as much for stick built.

CHIEF

On 8/20/2021 at 2:56 PM, Gil Bang said:

So whens the Prodigy Mortgage/Gil Bang RE/This HOA Cali Surly HH?

On 8/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, Gil Bang said:

You must be new around here.........

On 8/22/2021 at 4:19 PM, CHIEF said:

In remote areas, sure? My wife is a high-up in Commercial modular, but one of the execs that left the company does modular homes. Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, remote Colorado, you are looking at twice as much for stick built.

CHIEF

I have looked at it a bit (a tiny bit) in remote Colorado and it didn’t seem much cheaper than stick built, if at all. Can it really be half the price?