Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

3 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

His track record IS better. However, the fact that this misalignment between PK and the DB coaches was tolerated for this long is a huge red flag and could be indicative of Sarks inability to manage all three facets of the game. Once again, we'll see how this is handled during the offseason.

ding fucking ding...

Edit: this is how you end up being a 7WS.  anyone that can't see it doesn't understand football.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Sark should let PK hire his guys, minimum, this offseason IF  he believes in his scheme. 

If not, PK should go.

Sark doesn't know shit about defense. He's a full time OC. he wouldn't know a defensive scheme if it hit him in the face.   he hired PK because he did well against his O in a playoff game.  thats it.

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

do we have a new golf course design we can put PK on?

He can work at Cisco's Muny Cafe -- pretty sure UT still owns "Muny"

Photo of inside Cisco's Muny Cafe

Tex-Mex mainstay Cisco's opened a cafe at Lions Municipal golf course 

Spoiler

Cisco's Muny Cafe opened in late October at the Lions Municipal Golf Course clubhouse.  

https://communityimpact.com/austin/central-austin/impacts/2021/11/25/ciscos-launches-cafe-at-historic-austin-golf-course/

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

He can work at Cisco's Muny Cafe -- pretty sure UT still owns "Muny"

Photo of inside Cisco's Muny Cafe

Tex-Mex mainstay Cisco's opened a cafe at Lions Municipal golf course 

Hide contents

Cisco's Muny Cafe opened in late October at the Lions Municipal Golf Course clubhouse.  

https://communityimpact.com/austin/central-austin/impacts/2021/11/25/ciscos-launches-cafe-at-historic-austin-golf-course/

The old grill cheeseburger was better than anything on that menu.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Sark doesn't know shit about defense. He's a full time OC. he wouldn't know a defensive scheme if it hit him in the face.   he hired PK because he did well against his O in a playoff game.  thats it.

I've never understood this line of thinking. Doesn't a good OC need to know something about defensive to be able to scheme against it?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

So let me get this straight. One of the best play callers and qb coach in football doesn't understand anything about defensive scheme? You think he's just drawing shit up in the dirt not knowing how the defense will react based on their scheme / alignment / coverage? Sounds perfectly reasonable. Maybe he's just been really lucky over the course of his career? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dcar00 said:

6 hours ago, dcar00 said:

2016 against washington

You tried. We all know you tried. 

9 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

So let me get this straight. One of the best play callers and qb coach in football doesn't understand anything about defensive scheme? You think he's just drawing shit up in the dirt not knowing how the defense will react based on their scheme / alignment / coverage? Sounds perfectly reasonable. Maybe he's just been really lucky over the course of his career? 

yes, lucky enough to win and average of 7 games a year as a head coach

If I'm Gary Patterson, I will take a position as a DEFENSE ADVISOR at Texas, basically regardless of pay scale - I've got plenty of money. What I want is to join that staff and show what a dumbass PK is and become totally familiar with what the players, staff, and admin are about, with plenty of help from my old buddy CDC. I'm right there if and when either or both of PK and 7WS are shit-canned. I wanted, and thought I had, the HC job when Mack departed, and I want it today. Sign me the fuck up. NOW.

Edited by Tex Long
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/29/2021 at 11:48 AM, JBJ said:

The NT sticks out to me most on this play.  Even with a half-way first step, he has initial leverage on the guard and just needs to keep driving into his gap.  It's like he chose to hide behind a blocker.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:59 PM, Snacks said:

yep. looks like chicken fight the guard to keep him there. 

Again, watch the LBs... they're 7 yds of the LOS. Ball is snapped... they both read the play fake and hop hop to the play fake... NEITHER sees pulling linemen and steps toward their run gap (I assume they have one)... it's like they're watching the game on TV and following the ball instead of watching the game in front of them.  If this is what they were coached, fire Choate & PK... but I don't suspect this is what is coached.

On the Foster play, outside of scheme and positioning, the entire effort by the teams looks like horseshit. I've played on teams like this before. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is just looking at the guy in front of them and going through the motions expecting someone else to make the play. Like sleepwalking. These mofo's need to wake up and get right in the off season. Coaches need to do their jobs and we needs someone that can get all of the guys on the same page, but these players need to take it upon themselves to, at the very least, look like they enjoy playing a game. 

Watching this team feels like when you're in a car that has a bad spark plug. It goes pretty well but when you hit the gas it sputters and loses power. All gas, clogged the carburetor and our shit is borked. Call it what you want, but the last 3 guys we have hired are learning on the job. I hope Steve is a quick learner.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Looks like PK played a lot of Cover 3 at UW which makes me wonder why we're playing Cover 2 with two deep safeties who couldn't cover their asses with both hands.

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

On the Foster play, outside of scheme and positioning, the entire effort by the teams looks like horseshit. I've played on teams like this before. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is just looking at the guy in front of them and going through the motions expecting someone else to make the play. Like sleepwalking. These mofo's need to wake up and get right in the off season. Coaches need to do their jobs and we needs someone that can get all of the guys on the same page, but these players need to take it upon themselves to, at the very least, look like they enjoy playing a game. 

Watching this team feels like when you're in a car that has a bad spark plug. It goes pretty well but when you hit the gas it sputters and loses power. All gas, clogged the carburetor and our shit is borked. Call it what you want, but the last 3 guys we have hired are learning on the job. I hope Steve is a quick learner.

Learning on the job is fine... adapt.  Sark has been a HC before.  Sark has seen a winning program before. He hasn't had to fix it, but he knows what it's supposed to look like, so he gets to find out the journey.

Fans, of course, want it answered yesterday. Not gonna happen.

We're at rock bottom right now. So now we watch recruiting, spring ball, summer camp, and see what comes out of the end...  We should see some improvements, just from continuity... assuming continuity.

12 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Learning on the job is fine... adapt.  Sark has been a HC before.  Sark has seen a winning program before. He hasn't had to fix it, but he knows what it's supposed to look like, so he gets to find out the journey.

We're at rock bottom right now. So now we watch recruiting, spring ball, summer camp, and see what comes out of the end...  We should see some improvements, just from continuity... assuming continuity.

How much does CDC pay you to parrot the talking points?

poor little innocent sark just needs time to learn how to be a coach...

blame the fans...

continuity meme...

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Snacks said:

I understand what you are saying, but contrasted against the season we just watched and his lack of adjustments in and out of games contradicts this theory, at least to me. Of course as a fan I want it changed/fixed yesterday, and in some instances that can/should happen, but over spans of 2-3 games and he still can't make adjustments for shit we as fans have been calling out is kind of laughable. There is always stuff on the inside we can't see, but I'll tell you one thing...

If Fat Gare comes in as an analyst, he's going to be able to shine light on our issues easily and how Sark and staff react to that light is going to define Sark's tenure here at Texas. Coaches help coaches, but they also see a weak ass coach when they see one.

I don't mind letting a coach get a feel and I'm on record of hoping that Sark gets 5 years, but this off season is going to be the make or break for him.

5 minutes ago, horngasm22 said:

blame the fans...

continuity meme...

Continuity, is something we haven't had in a long time and desperately need to get back to. See my comment above about giving the guy 5 years and whatnot.

32 minutes ago, horngasm22 said:

blame the fans...

continuity meme...

Not enough.

Every person needs to be able to adapt... I didn't say anything about learning to coach. But go ahead and make that up.

I also did not blame the fans... I said fans want it yesterday, which we do...  but make that up too...

And find me the team that isn't Alabama that does just fine turning over coaching staff and roster every couple of years and never getting to build on any positives... continuity isn't a meme. it's a necessity.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

You don’t want continuity for the sake of it. There’s been nothing to show that PK should be given another year for the sake of it.

I agree and apologize if that's how you interpreted it. I was moreover speaking as a whole of the team needing it, just so it's not a musical chairs type of coaching staff that's constantly revolving on the players. That shit gets old, and I wouldn't want to play for a team that was constantly getting turned over, due to shitty performance vs hired away because they are so good at their job.

Edited by Droopy
clarification

5 hours ago, Tex Long said:

If I'm Gary Patterson, I will take a position as a DEFENSE ADVISOR at Texas, basically regardless of pay scale - I've got plenty of money. What I want is to join that staff and show what a dumbass PK is and become totally familiar with what the players, staff, and admin are about, with plenty of help from my old buddy CDC. I'm right there if and when either or both of PK and 7WS are shit-canned. I wanted, and thought I had, the HC job when Mack departed, and I want it today. Sign me the fuck up. NOW.

training-day-denzel-washington.gif

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Looks like PK played a lot of Cover 3 at UW which makes me wonder why we're playing Cover 2 with two deep safeties who couldn't cover their asses with both hands.

well, duh, its obvious we can't play Cover 3 because we don't have 3 safeties that are good enough...

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?