Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

2 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Virgin Atlantic flew a 787 across the Atlantic using a fuel made solely from animal fats, and it could cut jet emissions by 70%. Vegans are going to lose their collective shit if this becomes a regular deal, and I’m more than ok with that.

we eat they fly.  everybodys happy.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Virgin Atlantic flew a 787 across the Atlantic using a fuel made solely from animal fats, and it could cut jet emissions by 70%. Vegans are going to lose their collective shit if this becomes a regular deal, and I’m more than ok with that.

If we made it from people fats, America would crush OPEC.

I listen to Tool and their music features prominent drumming, so the sound is obvious and I enjoy it, but does that make Danny Carey a "great" drummer?  I'd have no idea, right? 

He is. I know little about drumming but he’s fucking incredible.

If you have insta, look up this guy

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr8rzwvvKe6/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Danny is an all time great, idolized and called an inspiration by many other professional drummers, which is a pretty good indicator if you’re otherwise unsure. While his skill is clearly exceptional, it’s his creativity when writing his complex drum parts that sets him apart.

This drum break (6:35) broke minds.

• Hook 'Em 1

Danny is an all time great, idolized and called an inspiration by many other professional drummers, which is a pretty good indicator if you’re otherwise unsure. While his skill is clearly exceptional, it’s his creativity when writing his complex drum parts that sets him apart.

This drum break (6:35) broke minds.

Their time signature work is out of this world. It’s insane when they’re all playing on different rhythms like in lateralus.

I miss the days of a a good ol firm handshake. These days when I see someone out and greet them it’s the fucking Wild West, we going for the standard, a fist bump, high five, some kind of a DAP thing? It’s a second or two of uncertainty I would just as soon do without.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

One thing I liked about Covid was doing away with the handshake.  From intros to "peace be with you" at church, to everything else...I fucking despise handshakes even more than I despise a bad one.  It's the dumbest fucking custom we have and everybody knows it, we just keep going along with it because we think it makes us look manly.  It's just an exchange of germs and filth.  If I'm close enough to shake your hand, I'm close enough to look in your eyes and greet you directly.  We don't need to involve bacteria into the equation.  I don't get men's fascination with touching other men's hands.  It used to serve a function centuries ago to check for weapons, but now?  It's not a sign of commitment either.  We don't need to "Shake on It."  If I give you my word, then I've given you my word and it's been rock solid for decades across continents.  We don't need to rub each other.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

One thing I liked about Covid was doing away with the handshake.  From intros to "peace be with you" at church, to everything else...I fucking despise handshakes even more than I despise a bad one.  It's the dumbest fucking custom we have and everybody knows it, we just keep going along with it because we think it makes us look manly.  It's just an exchange of germs and filth.  If I'm close enough to shake your hand, I'm close enough to look in your eyes and greet you directly.  We don't need to involve bacteria into the equation.  I don't get men's fascination with touching other men's hands.  It used to serve a function centuries ago to check for weapons, but now?  It's not a sign of commitment either.  We don't need to "Shake on It."  If I give you my word, then I've given you my word and it's been rock solid for decades across continents.  We don't need to rub each other.  

None of that explains why you greet me by cupping my balls.
  • Haha 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

Mix 1/3 cup of brown sugar, two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, two tablespoons of soy sauce, one teaspoon of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika in a bowl.  On pork, it's a delicious glaze.  Knock the bowl off of the counter and it becomes very fragrant glue.  Son of a bitch, what a mess.

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

Why are soccer specific stadiums (including in the US) usually built with covers over the stands but not football stadiums? I know there are a handful but nearly every one is completely opened or completely domed (including retractable domes which are closed 90% of the time).

Edited by 'stache

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

Why are soccer specific stadiums (including in the US) usually built with covers over the stands but not football stadiums? I know there are a handful but nearly every one is completely opened or completely domed (including retractable domes which are closed 90% of the time).

B3efbRPCcAA43IJ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why do we still have “chain gangs” in football. Can’t RFID chips be put in the ball and sensors on sideline?

I have clients running entire factories with machines and no humans (barring mechanics) and we still have dipshits arbitrarily spotting the ball and moving the chains around. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

Because Europeans are pussies.

I curbed my left and right wheels on separate occasions this week. 

Theres all sorts of excuses available - it was dark and rainy and the curb was snowcovered - but ultimately I was driving the car. 

Just to frontrun any jokes: no, my husband didnt get mad. 

• Like 1