2021 Selection Sunday - CBS, 5 PM

Machinator

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

The giant is that Haarms guy from Purdue who transferred for some reason.  All of their best players this year are transfer mercenaries.   

Michigan State looked like complete ass for most of the season, but of course they closed at the end by beating Ohio State, Illinois and Michigan.  They have a lot more talent than an 11 seed should, and Izzo.  Fuckers.   UCLA seems kind of meh and doesn’t have a loaded roster at all by their standards - I’d prefer drawing them.   

izzo ALWAYS gets better in february.

every year.

like bank.

if it's msu and shaka let's 'em play streetball, not good, bob.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

these guys must be on the take from shaka's agent

Texas has a higher ceiling than any other team that's not  a #1 seed. They are getting some love because these guys have watched enough hoops to know that if Texas gets it rolling, they are a handful and can bury just about any team. Sadly that team doesnt show up that often. 6 games in a row? pffff

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Texas has a higher ceiling than any other team that's not  a #1 seed. They are getting some love because these guys have watched enough hoops to know that if Texas gets it rolling, they are a handful and can bury just about any team. Sadly that team doesnt show up that often. 6 games in a row? pffff

Maybe they’ll only need 5 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Sure, the NCAA is claiming TCU's sweep of the Pokes as rationale for their No.4 seeding, but you know it's really cuz OSU is appealing its bullshit postseason ban. Meanwhile, KU--which is guilty of far, far more egregious violations--barely gets a slap on the wrist and then is rewarded with a 3-seed.

For what it's worth, I like OSU's draw outside of the seeding and think they can do some damage.

As for our 'Horns, no idea what to think. Glad to not be in either Baylor or Gonzaga's region. Texas could win the East ... or lose in the first round. There really is no telling.

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

shit.  i get my second Pfizer shot on Saturday afternoon.  hope i'm awake and coherent at 8:50 pm.

With an afternoon shot, you’ll have the shakes starting around the under 4 timeout in the 2nd half

Let’s just hope it’s because of Pfizer, not  the display on the court

• Hook 'Em 1

Well... nah. I like Texas' chances to get to the sweet 16. I think Texas has a decent chance to get to the final 8. However, I don't think Texas is a final four team. 

You think they have a decent shot to get to the round of 8, but no shot to win one more game against an at this point unknown team?

10 hours ago, Restinmybones said:

Yeah. That's it. I'm "Smitty". Better run and tell the teacher or your mommy or someone. 

🙄

I’m not gonna neg you because I think you’re Smitty, imma neg you because I don’t like ya

image.jpeg.64636e0dcc430fe597fdc793b363d48c.jpeg

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m way late to the party but did they put Kansas as the higher ranked 3 seed? We beat them twice head to head? I know seeding is subjective but just curious if I’m reading that right? Shouldn’t the lower ranked 3 seed be in Gonzaga bracket? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Never understood how someone can be a number 1 seed if they didn't win or even play for their conference championship. 

Which number 1 didn't win their conference? 

Zaga Check

Baylor Check

Illinois (tourney) Check 

Michigan Check 

In theory we're a very tough out because we have a 4 year starter senior PG, we're long and athletic at 4 and 5, we can play defense, and if the 3s are falling we can beat anyone in the country. 

In reality, we turn the ball over way too fucking much, and we're more likely to shoot 20% from 3 on 30 attempts than get hot behind the arc.

I can see why experts would either have us bounced in the first weekend or get to the final 4. Our floor and ceiling probably have the widest gap of any top 4 seed, with the exemption of WVU, who is always Jekyll and Hyde especially in March. 

10 minutes ago, TornACL said:

In theory we're a very tough out because we have a 4 year starter senior PG, we're long and athletic at 4 and 5, we can play defense, and if the 3s are falling we can beat anyone in the country. 

In reality, we turn the ball over way too fucking much, and we're more likely to shoot 20% from 3 on 30 attempts than get hot behind the arc.

I can see why experts would either have us bounced in the first weekend or get to the final 4. Our floor and ceiling probably have the widest gap of any top 4 seed, with the exemption of WVU, who is always Jekyll and Hyde especially in March. 

WV is Jekyll and Hyde in March bc they don’t get deferential reffing like in the conference. Suddenly Press Virginia gets fouls called on them and they lose

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

You think they have a decent shot to get to the round of 8, but no shot to win one more game against an at this point unknown team?

Depends on the team. I just don't think they have a very good chance to win that many games in a row against pretty good to very good teams.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Has anyone actually seen Michigan State play? They beat Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio State but still got assigned the play in

They are a roller coaster. They have 2-3 good players and a deep rotation of role players who are role players but when forced into a bunch of minutes they suck.

If Henry, Watts or to a lesser extent Langford is hot they are a lot tougher to beat. 

• Hook 'Em 1