Kim Mulkey to LSU

BurntOrange&White

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Wasn’t the story that she didn’t like how much more the AD deferred to Drew over her for basketball stuff? Like location of the new arena, the naming rights, etc. and AD called her bluff? 

Nobody knows for sure, except the people that were in the room. Story I got was that she wanted the new arena on campus between the Ferrell Center and the baseball/softball fields, and I know she made several public statements on that. There was serious money (the Foster Pavilion was over $200 million) from City of Waco & Investment groups to put it on the other side of I-35 for part of downtown renovation. Supposedly, she pissed off some of the money people at the meetings with her antics, & Rhoades figured with Drew winning a national title they could afford to part ways with Mulkey. 

I never heard that Rhoades was deferring to Drew, but I had heard that Mulkey did stuff like demanding the women's team get first pick at practice times, etc. I could see where that would seem strange to Rhoades, coming from another college. 

As far as the stuff about her bitchiness goes, yeah, she doesn't get any nicer away from the microphone. 

• Like 1

Mulkey is a complete cunt in front of the camera and it sounds like even the Baylor AD got tired of her antics. Do you know how big of a bitch you have to be for an AD to get tired of a coach that wins like Mulkey? 

It's hard to imagine with how Mulkey acts in the public eye but you can bet she's much worse behind closed doors. I'm not sure I've ever seen somebody more unlikable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I can't remember a coach that is as universally hated than this chick.

Who do y'all think is the male equivalent to her in basketball or football?

Bob Knight was a huge asshole, but still kind of likable for whatever reason.

Coach K?  

I know Scott Drew is persona non grata here, but do random CBB fans hate him?  I doubt it.

29 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Coach K?  

I know Scott Drew is persona non grata here, but do random CBB fans hate him?  I doubt it.

bag-o-dicks.thumb.jpg.a749dd486396fc06a4cb6536ce722bc5.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

I can't imagine she'd be this defensive if its just about being verbally abusive to players. It's either physical abuse or verbal abuse using slurs. Or maybe something worse. I hope it's bad enough that she actually faces some repercussions for no other reason that she's a complete cunt.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 4:57 PM, Duane Moore said:

That seems like a better angle to go after her by the RedditCFB account, but then again that account seems like the type who thinks starting a #FreeBritney hashtag on Twitter or changing a profile pic on Instagram actually means something. 

She's has a much bigger platform than randos on instagram using hashtags. Of course she couldn't do anything to get her out of prison directly, but supporting her former player should be expected. She didn't because she's in a certain cloak room faction that decided she's gay, black, and vocal about both, meaning fuck her let Putin do what he wants. Fuck Mulkey, and fuck everyone who used Griner's situation as a platform to be assholes.

Edited by 'stache

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I can't imagine she'd be this defensive if its just about being verbally abusive to players. It's either physical abuse or verbal abuse using slurs. Or maybe something worse. I hope it's bad enough that she actually faces some repercussions for no other reason that she's a complete cunt.

Guessing something pushing conversion therapy on gay players. Or other forms of intimidation, harassment and/or discrimination against them.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I heard she helped Craig James get rid of the evidence after he killed 5 hookers.

Edited by Pam Cummings

5 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Coach K?  

Knight and K are or were intense. Knight let his intensity get the better of him on several occasions. 

But they had the capability, demonstrated, to be good sports to their opponents and the press although both could be quite surly. 

Mulkey never lets up as far as I can tell. 

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, 'stache said:

She's has a much bigger platform than randos on instagram using hashtags. Of course she couldn't do anything to get her out of prison directly, but supporting her former player should be expected. She didn't because she's in a certain cloak room faction that decided she's gay, black, and vocal about both, meaning fuck her let Putin do what he wants. Fuck Mulkey, and fuck everyone who used Griner's situation as a platform to be assholes.

Again, I hold no brief for Kim Mulkey and knew nothing about her other than she rode Britney Griner to championships at Baylor and won another championship at LSU last year wearing ridiculous outfits. 

My objection was to the original RedditCFB post saying Mulkey “didn’t lift a finger” to get Britney Griner out of prison in Russia. Griner was a hostage taken by an autocrat playing 19th century power politics. We had to trade the Lord of War to get her back, for God’s sakes. There was literally nothing that Mulkey could have done to effectuate her release regardless of her platform as a women’s college basketball coach, and the tweet made it sound like all Mulkey had to do was make a few phone calls to get her out. It was a ridiculous tweet and if there is as much actual dirt on Mulkey as this thread seems to suggest, there should have been much more legitimate arrows in the quiver to sling. 

46 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Again, I hold no brief for Kim Mulkey and knew nothing about her other than she rode Britney Griner to championships at Baylor and won another championship at LSU last year wearing ridiculous outfits. 

My objection was to the original RedditCFB post saying Mulkey “didn’t lift a finger” to get Britney Griner out of prison in Russia. Griner was a hostage taken by an autocrat playing 19th century power politics. We had to trade the Lord of War to get her back, for God’s sakes. There was literally nothing that Mulkey could have done to effectuate her release regardless of her platform as a women’s college basketball coach, and the tweet made it sound like all Mulkey had to do was make a few phone calls to get her out. It was a ridiculous tweet and if there is as much actual dirt on Mulkey as this thread seems to suggest, there should have been much more legitimate arrows in the quiver to sling. 

The A Team Van GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

No one was complaining that she did not get Griner out of prison.  However, her response to the situation was aggressively hostile and shitty.  It certainly seemed like she went out of her way to give the impression that she did not give a damn about Brittney Griner.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

No one was complaining that she did not get Griner out of prison.  However, her response to the situation was aggressively hostile and shitty.  It certainly seemed like she went out of her way to give the impression that she did not give a damn about Brittney Griner.

I’m sorry, I missed her “aggressively hostile and shitty” response to the situation.  What did she do?  I thought the complaint was she just ignored it. 

Guessing something pushing conversion therapy on gay players. Or other forms of intimidation, harassment and/or discrimination against them.

That wouldn’t even cause a ripple in Baton Rouge. It has to be outright and undeniable video and audio of pro-Slavery antebellum level racism with multiple N-words used in every form imaginable, and signing off with a Marge Schott-like ode to Adolf Hitler.

That would earn her a 3 game suspension and sensitivity training.
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

I mean, besides the fact that it clearly demonstrates that her views towards other people are that they are objects to be used then discarded at her convenience, sure. She's kind of a psycho/sociopath.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I mean, besides the fact that it clearly demonstrates that her views towards other people are that they are objects to be used then discarded at her convenience, sure. She's kind of a psycho/sociopath.

Don't fuck around and break laws in another country....pretty fucking simple to me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Don't fuck around and break laws in another country....pretty fucking simple to me.

Yeah, but showing sympathy isn’t a hard thing to do from someone who isn’t sociopathic cunt.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Stupidity shouldn't be granted sympathy especially in that situation. Fuck Griner.

Griner is one of the best players she ever coached, they won a championship together. Imagine coaching an all time great player and going through the experience of winning a championship together and then completely abandoning them because muh political views. Seems pretty fucking strange to me.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Griner is one of the best players she ever coached, they won a championship together. Imagine coaching an all time great player and going through the experience of winning a championship together and then completely abandoning them because muh political views. Seems pretty fucking strange to me.

Who gives a shit? Griner fucked up in another country breaking their laws. Bitch should have stayed rotting in that jail and not traded for what she was traded for.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Who gives a shit? Griner fucked up in another country breaking their laws. Bitch should have stayed rotting in that jail and not traded for what she was traded for.

Cool.

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Griner is also an enormous piece of shit.  Fuck 'em both

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Just so we're clear here. If someone like, say Xavier Worthy, was arrested in a foreign country for breaking an obscure law and is being kinda held hostage, and Steve Sarkisian basically said "who gives a shit about that guy", you're cool with that?

OK cool, hook em.

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Griner is also an enormous piece of shit.  Fuck 'em both

Who did she murder?

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Just so we're clear here. If someone like, say Xavier Worthy, was arrested in a foreign country for breaking an obscure law and is being kinda held hostage, and Steve Sarkisian basically said "who gives a shit about that guy", you're cool with that?

OK cool, hook em.

Who did she murder?

If you're an American and go knowingly breaking laws in other countries, get arrested, and get traded for something like she did yeah fuck em. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

OK cool, hook em.

Who did she murder?

Multiple domestic violence charges.  Fuck 'em both.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If you're an American and go knowingly breaking laws in other countries, get arrested, and get traded for something like she did yeah fuck em. 

Again, I completely understand why you would think that having never met her. My confusion is not there. It's with that attitude coming from somebody that coached her and was around her in a setting where you'd think a bond was created. And Griner reportedly isn't the only player that she has treated this way.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Again, I completely understand why you would think that having never met her. My confusion is not there. It's with that attitude coming from somebody that coached her and was around her in a setting where you'd think a bond was created.

I’ve actually met her at Walmart in Bellmead lol

I’m sorry, I missed her “aggressively hostile and shitty” response to the situation.  What did she do?  I thought the complaint was she just ignored it. 

But the tone of voice AND the facial expression she used when she said “no comment” WAS aggressively hostile and shitty!!!!!!1

The official line was that the state department told them all not to comment.

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You're a remarkably ugly human being.

• Hook 'Em 5

15 hours ago, harpercollins said:

But the tone of voice AND the facial expression she used when she said “no comment” WAS aggressively hostile and shitty!!!!!!1

The official line was that the state department told them all not to comment.

It's weird that the state department only cared about what Kim Mulkey said about it and not about what any other coaches or players said about it.

• Drool 1