Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

I remember one of the 9.95ers saying Hand getting fired would handicap the recruitment of Devon Campbell - hopefully bringing Flood on will prevent that seeing as Flood recruited Campbell at Bama

Hand is the reason Campbell ISN'T already in the class

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

At the beginning of this thread, there were also babies who whined that it was a mean title because Fuckface was our coach and he was such an amazing guy.

It's funny, I always read it as "Hermancipating" us from a decade of walking in the desert.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It's funny, I always read it as "Hermancipating" us from a decade of walking in the desert.

23 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I think the intent was for it to go both ways.

Hide contents

Like @nowthis

That is correct. Give me a situation in which I can't lose, and I will indeed take advantage of it. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The snowflakes that bitch about the thread title are ridiculous. Petition @immamac to go and remove all references to Tom Herman from the site so that we can wash his memory from our history and not constantly break into sweats every time we see his name.

At the beginning of this thread, there were also babies who whined that it was a mean title because Fuckface was our coach and he was such an amazing guy. Let's go full banality in our titling and just put the year after "Texas Recruiting" for each thread. That way, no one's feelings will be hurt and no one will need to be sheltered from verbiage. That's exactly how it's done at 247, IT, and Orangebloods, for sure.

Anyway, for those who have balls, I think we should rename the 2023 thread to include the statement "All Bags, No Brakes" and when we launch the 2024 thread, the tagline should be "Show Causes For Everyone" or "Texas, The Show Cause Capitol" or some other reference to what like 3 of the assistants will have attached them and our new approach to the recruiting landscape.

Once upon a time I started the astros thread with slamming buds after a dogpile? b/c the astros were shown on a budwiser commercial dogpiling after making the playoffs. I had started the thread the previous season "better than average?  2017 Astros".  The general consensus was that I had anally violated the collective boards 9 year old sister.  It's a pretty funny and eclectic crowd of surly assholes that have less than zero patience for anything other than boring ass thread titles. I barely escaped without being crowdsourced. 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Petition @immamac to go and remove all references to Tom Herman from the site so that we can wash his memory from our history and not constantly break into sweats every time we see his name.

Disagree.

Never forget.  

Someone like that POS might come around again.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

If Sanders is really going to play offense we need to offer Lawrence, the Kansas commit. Abiara should be a take as well at this point. Wish we could have landed that big fucker from Pasadena 

really hope Tosh does indeed join the staff.. we can use his talents to bring in a DE from the portal.

27 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

If Sanders is really going to play offense we need to offer Lawrence, the Kansas commit. Abiara should be a take as well at this point. 

Even without his off-the-field shit I don't think Abiara would ever make an impact on the 2-deep at Texas. Esp if we are going to 3-3-5, etc ...  Jonathon Jones was the guy that should've been offered as a guy that brings pass rushing presence at the DE spot. 

The portal is a much more viable option and I expect one of the new D staff members will likely have an existing relationship with a much better option. 

Roach

— I spoke to four-star Martin (TN.) Westview quarterback Ty Simpson briefly last night to try to get some more context on Steve Sarkisian as a recruiter. Mike Yurcich offered Simpson last spring, but Texas never seemed to gain a ton of traction there. Alabama is a huge player in his recruitment, and Simpson told me that Sarkisian is a huge part of that. He told me that the hire definitely opened his eyes to Texas more. When I asked what he liked about Sarkisian, Simpson said, "He's a pro guy. He understands how a quarterback is supposed to be used in a pro system."

— Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei 2022 WR C.J. Williams also seems to be interested in Texas now. The Longhorns had his interest for a bit when Quinn Ewers was committed, but he seemed to move on. Alabama and Ohio State are the two schools standing out for Williams and his primary recruiters were Steve Sarkisian and Holmon Wiggins. Sarkisian's son also attends Mater Dei so I expect Texas will have a presence at the California powerhouse while Sarkisian is in charge.

— Out of the offensive linemen in the state, I think this helps Texas pick up ground with Atascocita offensive lineman Kam Dewberry. Texas made the Top 10 for him but they weren't likely in the top half. Texas had a lot of advantages because Dewberry grew up loving Texas and visited there more than any other school during his recruitment. He also has some good friends there including Sam Cosmi and Derrick Harris who is set to enroll soon. Flood has been his main contact during Alabama's recruitment of Dewberry, and he had a lot of positive things to say about him when we texted

• Hook 'Em 5

29 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Roach

— I spoke to four-star Martin (TN.) Westview quarterback Ty Simpson briefly last night to try to get some more context on Steve Sarkisian as a recruiter. Mike Yurcich offered Simpson last spring, but Texas never seemed to gain a ton of traction there. Alabama is a huge player in his recruitment, and Simpson told me that Sarkisian is a huge part of that. He told me that the hire definitely opened his eyes to Texas more. When I asked what he liked about Sarkisian, Simpson said, "He's a pro guy. He understands how a quarterback is supposed to be used in a pro system."

He is my #2 ranked QB this cycle.. He's going to be really tough to pull out the SEC but if we can play the game, perhaps we have a shot.  Kid is the real deal.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting