Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Roach

Spoiler

— A bonus to retaining Andre Coleman and Stan Drayton is that they could continue to work on offensive prospects until Steve Sarkisian transitioned into the role of Texas head coach. Both were busy doing that last night. As we chronicled earlier in the day, Coleman was able to get Armani Winfield on the phone with Sarkisian prior to kickoff and Winfield committed to Coleman at halftime. That wasn't the only prospect Sarkisian spoke with prior to the game. I was told he also talked to Spearman (Texas) athlete Brenen Thompson. The fastest player in the state of Texas for the class of 2022 had both Texas and Alabama high on his list and is the type of prospect Texas will need to execute big plays on the field.

— I mentioned earlier today that multiple big-name prospects were reaching out to get their names on the Texas radar. Two receivers I know of who have done so are Camas (Wash.) Union wide receiver Tobias Merriweather and Portland (OR.) Westview WR Darrius Clemons. Clemons clocked a laser 4.37 40 time in the summer and has the type of explosive ability Sarkisian will likely be looking for to go with his offense.

— There are suddenly a lot of possibilities on the wide receiver board. With Winfield in, Coleman can set his sights on elite targets like Thompson, Evan Stewart, CJ Williams, Kevin Coleman and Shazz Preston. I also expect Texas to take shots at committed receivers like Jordan Hudson (Oklahoma), Luther Burden (Oklahoma), and Caleb Burton (Ohio State). It's not a given Texas could flip any of them, but they have the opportunity to make their opponents uncomfortable and work hard to keep their own guys.

— I spoke with a source very close to five-star Garland (Texas) Lakeview Centennial running back Camar Wheaton today.  I asked if there was any chance in Texas getting into the mix for Wheaton who chose Alabama after the early signing period.  A big part of Wheaton's commitment was due to the offensive success at Alabama and he did have a strong relationship with Stan Drayton this fall.  I was told by the source that while Wheaton wanted to put recruiting behind him, it was definitely worth a shot.  We aren't sure where things stand on that side as of right now, but that's a situation we will monitor leading up to February.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Quinn better not wait to long.  Sark won't wait forever and I'd imagine several other QB's (Murphy, Weigmann, Klubnik) may want to try and jump on board.

I'd probably add Walker Howard to this list with the LSU shit show still unfolding.*

*It really doesn't make a shit because we're flipping Ewers damn it.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
BDE
  • Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Posted on the podcast thread on the football board(if you haven’t already, listen, subscribe and give the equivalent of Bijan amount of stars)

we are looking for someone to provide some commit analysis, I love recruiting and follow it closely but I don’t know jack shit about most of these dudes except what the collective hive mind thinks. I don’t want to regurgitate a bunch of 995er drivel and would love for someone from surly to maybe provide a paragraph or two about what we can expect from commits as the sark train gets rolling and either come on the pod or have either me or Rick read it on the pod. I know we have some knowledgeable dudes on the recruiting board who could give us more of a deep dive. @golfclap @Burt Macklin @Fud came to mind but it’s been awhile since the recruiting board has been worth a damn and I know there are more of y’all out there. Hit my PMs

Amazon Nfl GIF by All or Nothing - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

Wanna land your dream girl? Make sure she sees you flirting with another girl she’s worried might be hotter.

cfca1b7072cd615ddebd7616541f279c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's pretend for a second there wasn't a recruiting dead period/moratorium on visits - that's not even a good photoshop. Come on now.

• Hook 'Em 3

FYI - Guilbeau & Winfield both play for Houston Fast.  Other guys on the team include.. Jaydon Blue & Kevin Coleman.

Not saying that means they are a package deal.. but the Horns will be talked about a lot.

Ewers/Murphy

Blue

Winfield, Coleman plus 2-3 of Burton, Stewart, Thompson, CJ Williams, etc.

This offensive class is loaded..

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I told y'all it will only be a matter of time before Ewers is back. He's a longhorn, and Sark will make it so. 

His dad is major Longhorn fan as well and was rumored to be on Orangebloods. Was not a fan of Herman as shocking as that sounds. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

His dad is major Longhorn fan as well and was rumored to be on Orangebloods. Was not a fan of Herman as shocking as that sounds. 

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

His dad is on IT

whew, I feel better about him now

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

I'm floored that he wasn't. I do wonder why he committed when Herman was HC? I get Yurcich, but he then promptly decommited. Regardless, Sark will get him back. He fits perfectly what Sark wants to do. 

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

If yall have any questions for the pod mail bag make sure to post them. It is stickied on the football thread, would love to get a good blend of football, recruiting, basketball and of course some wild off topic shit

Pool company Christmas parties in Spring, Texas.

6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits - Page 105 - 🤫$9.95🤫 - Surly Horns

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fakepunt said:

FYI - Guilbeau & Winfield both play for Houston Fast.  Other guys on the team include.. Jaydon Blue & Kevin Coleman.

Not saying that means they are a package deal.. but the Horns will be talked about a lot.

Ewers/Murphy

Blue

Winfield, Coleman plus 2-3 of Burton, Stewart, Thompson, CJ Williams, etc.

This offensive class is loaded..

A dude from Missouri is on a Houston 7-on-7 team? Weird

19 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Quinn better not wait to long.  Sark won't wait forever and I'd imagine several other QB's (Murphy, Weigmann, Klubnik) may want to try and jump on board.

3 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

There's gunna be pressure for Ewers to flip, from outside and within, Sark and the staff just gotta handle their end correctly. 

The word is that if Ewers could flip back again, he wouldn't wait an incredibly long period of time to do it. I'm guessing if it hasn't happened by the end of spring, it ain't happening. Maybe sooner.

• Hook 'Em 4

The word is that if Ewers could flip back again, he wouldn't wait an incredibly long period of time to do it. I'm guessing if it hasn't happened by the end of spring, it ain't happening. Maybe sooner.

Logically that checks out. Nothing is really changing between now and the fall.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah I thought the word from the $9.95ers was that he wanted to commit early so he could help recruit other elite kids to the class.  Which is why he wasn't steady with Texas since he only got a few who committed after he did.  Word was  no one wanted to come join him, including Burton who was in his ear about tosu the whole time.  We all know what happened next.. but as of today, only Texas kid that has committed to tosu besides Ewers, is Burton.

With the reaction of the Wilson surprise commit yesterday, I bet Quinn knows it's a much bigger deal if he stayed in Texas and be the head of an important class that started the loyal to the soil mantra.  No more excuses about not being developed when Sark is one of the top offensive minds in CFB.

All that to say is, I think CTJ is correct, the flip will happen soon. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting