Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

33c548c3d8e43c875123bd952c57ec8a.jpg
Speaking of Cameron Williams potentially visiting, I checked out his 247 profile since I didn’t really recollect hearing anything on him recently…. So just when the hell did this happen and also, why is it in his photo profile? I read his timeline and nowhere did it say he committed or decommitted from Texas. Fuq’s goin on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably an edit they made before he got a thumb drive full of Bitcoin from Oregon 

6 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Speaking of Cameron Williams potentially visiting, I checked out his 247 profile since I didn’t really recollect hearing anything on him recently…. So just when the hell did this happen and also, why is it in his photo profile? I read his timeline and nowhere did it say he committed or decommitted from Texas. Fuq’s goin on?

Hah, they must have made it before he committed to Oregon and they accidentally made it publicly viewable.

Gerry Agbo piece plus June 16 key visitors:

The Texas Longhorns’ next big recruiting weekend is set for October 16.

The Longhorns have added another target to the list. O-line prospect Malik Agbo (Federal Way, Wa./Todd Beamer) announced via Twitter he will be visiting Texas the weekend of October 16th. 

“It will be an official,” Agbo told Inside Texas. “With what Texas is building, the way they have been looking on the field this season, I have to get down there and check them out.” 

The 6-foot-5, 320-pounder didn’t include Texas in his top 5 in July, but the Texas staff stayed in contact. 

“I’ve just been talking with the staff after I dropped my top 5. They just wanted me to come check them out. Coach Flood kept telling me to come check them out.” 

Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood’s message is one of looking in the future. 

“Coach Sark’s message is they are building something really nice,” Agbo said. “They need guys like me to come there, and help them win a national championship. Coach Flood wants me to stay at tackle. They are talking about right tackle.”

A quartet of Texas commits have also been working on Agbo.

“Connor Robertson, Austin Jordan, Derrick Brown and Cole Hutson have all been telling me that I need to get down to Texas and check it out.” 

Agbo has already made June official visits to Oklahoma and Miami. He has the Longhorns scheduled for October 16, Auburn on November 13 and Florida for November 27. There is the possibility that Arizona State could replace Auburn or Florida. LSU also remains on the peripheral.

October 16 official visitor list

IOL Earnest Greene, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco
On300 ranking: No. 131

DL Quency Wiggins, Baton Rouge (La.) Madison Prep
On300 ranking: No. 55

S Jacoby Mathews (Ponchatoula, La.)
On300 ranking: No. 42

S Larry Turner-Gooden, Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany

Top offensive line targets

IOL Devon Campbell, Arlington (Texas) Bowie
On300 ranking: No. 19

OT/IOL Neto Umeozulu, Allen (Texas)
On300 ranking: No. 61

OT/IOL Kam Dewberry, Humble (Texas) Atascocita
On300 ranking: No. 121

IOL Earnest Green, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco
On300 ranking: No. 131

OT Cameron Williams, Duncanville (Texas)

OT/IOL Malik Agbo, Federal Way (Wa.) Todd Beamer

32 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

When you're scrolling down you see the graphic before the text. What an emotional roller coaster.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

That’s a lot of OL for one weekend.

I’d take them all of course.

It's actually only 2 OL recruits confirmed for that weekend. Agbo and Greene. The article goes on to list all of the OL targets at the end which you confused with 10/16 weekend visiting recruits.

If the coaches want Agbo at RT, then who are the LT prospects (aside from the staff trying to work on Kelvin Banks)? I felt that Cam Williams would be the eventual prospect at RT.

42 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

If the coaches want Agbo at RT, then who are the LT prospects (aside from the staff trying to work on Kelvin Banks)? I felt that Cam Williams would be the eventual prospect at RT.

I had that exact same thought while reading those quotes from Agbo. Dewberry? Maybe they see Neto as a LT? I have no idea.

4 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Come on now. I refuse to believe that SMU is out NILing us, if you are insinuating that with the $ sign. If that is actually the case then just we just can forget about ever being competitive again. 

Smu used to be really good at paying.   Back in the 80s one of their running backs killed 7 hookers.  BMDs chatted with the judge and he got away with it

• Haha 4

Well then can you clear it up for me?  The $ sign is pretty unmistakable. It has been established here by those that would know that we are doing what it takes to compete with SEC teams to bring in players that are looking for such incentives. Specifically NIL or not there can be no way we lose a recruit to SMU for $ whatever form it takes. 

just ridiculous 

10 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Well then can you clear it up for me?  The $ sign is pretty unmistakable. It has been established here by those that would know that we are doing what it takes to compete with SEC teams to bring in players that are looking for such incentives. Specifically NIL or not there can be no way we lose a recruit to SMU for $ whatever form it takes. 

just ridiculous 

I'm pretty sure the $ sign is baseless accusation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

All this talk about left tackle or right tackle is insane.

We just need tackles. Any tackle. Left, right, middle, blue, green, Jewish, vegetarian, whatever.

Just. Get. Tackles.

This board thinks 95% of all high school linemen will end up at guard/center and 4.9 of the remaining 5% will be right tackles. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

That one dude said he shot a Texas commitment video and was showing it to folks there...

I don't get the Agbo rating.  He is super wide, but super stiff.  There's little natural bend in the body parts that would allow him to play lower and more fluidly.  Maybe losing bad weight will help, but it's hard to see him playing with ideal pad level.  Maybe he has terrible coaching, but I just don't see a fluid athlete, even for an OL. 

23 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I don't get the Agbo rating.  He is super wide, but super stiff.  There's little natural bend in the body parts that would allow him to play lower and more fluidly.  Maybe losing bad weight will help, but it's hard to see him playing with ideal pad level.  Maybe he has terrible coaching, but I just don't see a fluid athlete, even for an OL. 

Wasn't he playing TE during 7 on 7?

• Hook 'Em 1

Wiltfong on Campbell's trip to Alabama.

Fucking Saban needs to retire already.

Spoiler

Five-star OL Devon Campbell's family loves the championship culture at Alabama

VIP BySteve Wiltfong

The Top247’s No. 1 interior offensive lineman Devon Campbell took his official visit to Alabama over the weekend and his family left Tuscaloosa blown away.

The Arlington (Texas) Bowie standout’s visit was highlighted by the Crimson Tide’s dominant victory over Ole Miss.

“Being on the visit at Bama, you see how they’ve been to the Natty the last eight out of 13 years or something like that,” Campbell’s uncle also named Devon said. “From the moment we walked in, very personable, very informative, very inviting.”

This was the five-star Campbell’s third official of the process having already taken trips to Oklahoma and USC.

“You know how I feel about each visit, each visit is going to do that but sometimes you feel that at-home atmosphere and they have a championship culture, a championship attitude, a attitude of excellence from top to bottom to the hostess to the strength and conditioning coach, Coach (David) Ballou, he was thoroughly impressive. The first person we met with was Nick Saban. He wanted to meet with us real quick because he didn’t know if he was going to have time because of the game.”

Bryant-Denny Stadium delivered and everything after was top notch for Campbell and his family.

“The Alabama home atmosphere was amazing,” Campbell said. “The game was amazing. The o-line gets to show their talent due to the amount of how many times they run the ball. The coaching staff was knowledgable, the coaching staff was inviting and they were real with us. They weren’t trying to sell us on anything and that’s what we like the most.

“They laid out how they do things and they were very impressive and you can see why they’ve had the success they’ve had. Nick Saban’s home is a lovely home. We had breakfast there this morning. Nick Saban is a class act. Me being a DB coach I told him I look up to him. As I said that he reverted back to it’s about the kids, it’s not me. For a guy of his caliber, we’re playing Ole Miss today and the reporters in the media are talking about me and Lane Kiffin and he said they should be talking about our quarterback and our running back and our receivers and they should be talking about our defense. The focus is on the kids for Nick Saban and empowering kids and empowering football players to be great men in society when they’re done and graduated.”

Saban and Ballou weren’t the only ones to make an impression.

“We liked the entire staff, Coach (Jay) V(alai) the DB coach is from the DFW area. He was inviting and making sure we were taken care of. We enjoyed Coach (Doug) Marrone the offensive line coach. Coach Marrone is very direct to the point. He doesn’t sugarcoat it. What you see is what you get. I think the best thing about the staff is they’re all on the same page. Everybody is speaking the same language. It was told to DJ if you are going to commit here it’s going to be hard, it’s going to be a grind, but you’re going to play the best of the best every day.

“(DJ) had a great time.”

Next up for Campbell is an official to LSU for the Texas A&M game. He has a fifth trip after that, that is still up in the air.

Campbell will cap his prep career playing in the Under Armour All-American game.

5 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Reveal hidden contents

VIP BySteve Wiltfong

The Top247’s No. 1 interior offensive lineman Devon Campbell took his official visit to Alabama over the weekend and his family left Tuscaloosa blown away.

The Arlington (Texas) Bowie standout’s visit was highlighted by the Crimson Tide’s dominant victory over Ole Miss.

“Being on the visit at Bama, you see how they’ve been to the Natty the last eight out of 13 years or something like that,” Campbell’s uncle also named Devon said. “From the moment we walked in, very personable, very informative, very inviting.”

This was the five-star Campbell’s third official of the process having already taken trips to Oklahoma and USC.

“You know how I feel about each visit, each visit is going to do that but sometimes you feel that at-home atmosphere and they have a championship culture, a championship attitude, a attitude of excellence from top to bottom to the hostess to the strength and conditioning coach, Coach (David) Ballou, he was thoroughly impressive. The first person we met with was Nick Saban. He wanted to meet with us real quick because he didn’t know if he was going to have time because of the game.”

Bryant-Denny Stadium delivered and everything after was top notch for Campbell and his family.

“The Alabama home atmosphere was amazing,” Campbell said. “The game was amazing. The o-line gets to show their talent due to the amount of how many times they run the ball. The coaching staff was knowledgable, the coaching staff was inviting and they were real with us. They weren’t trying to sell us on anything and that’s what we like the most.

“They laid out how they do things and they were very impressive and you can see why they’ve had the success they’ve had. Nick Saban’s home is a lovely home. We had breakfast there this morning. Nick Saban is a class act. Me being a DB coach I told him I look up to him. As I said that he reverted back to it’s about the kids, it’s not me. For a guy of his caliber, we’re playing Ole Miss today and the reporters in the media are talking about me and Lane Kiffin and he said they should be talking about our quarterback and our running back and our receivers and they should be talking about our defense. The focus is on the kids for Nick Saban and empowering kids and empowering football players to be great men in society when they’re done and graduated.”

“We liked the entire staff, Coach (Jay) V(alai) the DB coach is from the DFW area. He was inviting and making sure we were taken care of. We enjoyed Coach (Doug) Marrone the offensive line coach. Coach Marrone is very direct to the point. He doesn’t sugarcoat it. What you see is what you get. I think the best thing about the staff is they’re all on the same page. Everybody is speaking the same language. It was told to DJ if you are going to commit here it’s going to be hard, it’s going to be a grind, but you’re going to play the best of the best every day.

“(DJ) had a great time.”

Next up for Campbell is an official to LSU for the Texas A&M game. He has a fifth trip after that, that is still up in the air.

Campbell will cap his prep career playing in the Under Armour All-American game.

you can’t blame any recruit for being attracted to that program. saban is the best ever. hopefully campbell wants to stay closer to home. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Reveal hidden contents

VIP BySteve Wiltfong

“(DJ) had a great time.”

His uncle is handling his recruitment and I don't think he likes Texas as much as Campbell does.

Edited by utdlc

48 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Wasn't he playing TE during 7 on 7?

Dunno... he looks stiff in his OL film highlights.  He has some decent straight line acceleration, but looks very stiff moving laterally and plays with poor pad level.  He does not look like he has good, natural bend which means it might be hard for him to play with great pad level.  He is very wide, so that compensates somewhat for non-ideal lateral movement.  Perhaps this is coaching and S&C fixable, but he looks stiff to me.  He seems like a nice kid. I just have concerns. 

Edited by RabidM

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting