Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

would you rather have Brown and maybe a junior/senior that has had playing time or take Ewers and maybe not get Brown.  I am assuming Murphy is coming even if we get a young transfer

I think you absolutely have to take Ewers if he is available. The tools and upside are just too high. Does he have the mental part down? Who knows, maybe he is Jeff George 2.0, but you still have to take him. To me Devin Brown feels like a perfect meeting point between upside and a proven commodity to pair with high upside guys. Both Malik and Ewers would be guys that need to grow into the position and show some of the things Brown has already put on film, but he isn't a guy that you just hand the job to walking in the door. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think you absolutely have to take Ewers if he is available. The tools and upside are just too high. Does he have the mental part down? Who knows, maybe he is Jeff George 2.0, but you still have to take him. To me Devin Brown feels like a perfect meeting point between upside and a proven commodity to pair with high upside guys. Both Malik and Ewers would be guys that need to grow into the position and show some of the things Brown has already put on film, but he isn't a guy that you just hand the job to walking in the door. 

The recruiting push at the finish line for 2022 increases dramatically while 2023 gets going rather quickly. Ewers has enough pull to get dudes to join him immediately.
  • Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFBs momentum isnt NIL related and that NIL deal isnt all that great IMO, its good and definitely welcome but not what we all want it to be. There will be something bigger and better however, its coming

Is it the penny stamping machine with Bijan’s face? Like the beautiful copper treat I got at the Alamo. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

Is it the penny stamping machine with Bijan’s face? Like the beautiful copper treat I got at the Alamo. 

They have renovated the old Shaggy rep lounge, gentrified the hookers and bums, scrubbed out the couch stains, and put in nickel slots that feed directly to Bijan's and Zay's bank accounts. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Reminds me of this time I was working at at Gold's gym in grey sweatpants.  This lady approached me and said "I am a senior ad exec for Johnsonville Brauts."  

Was she pitching you on the Lit'l Smokies competing product they're trying to bring to market?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NoName said:

my apologies here, Card and Thompson are basically shit and when you said "probably not wrong", i took it as saying he was in the same level as those dudes listed.

image.png.885acf56d0c73ad172338aed8b4c6483.png

when your QB room is on fire, you settle for one of the better QBs instead of shooting for the stars. come on!

Not certain of that....I mean Rattler is the only Big 12 QB that PK did shutdown.....

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Did people really think Bijan was leaving?  He was in every sideline huddle of the West Virginia game.  He and X are the offensive leaders with RoJo…

Some people were advocating for him to leave, like Sgt Hulk.

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

The board isn't sleeping on Devin Brown, rather it's not pinning its hopes on a true freshman QB. That being said, he should definitely be a take.

Not much different than Ewers, in regards to experience. I guess Quinn has banged more college pussy, if he’s into that sort of thing.

19 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Some people were advocating for him to leave, like Sgt Hulk.

Not much different than Ewers, in regards to experience. I guess Quinn has banged more college pussy, if he’s into that sort of thing.

Lol you keep riding that train fuck boi I said he’ll yeah if he goes who would blame him. Other dudes started threads on it. But your obsession with me is getting a touch s creepy 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Malik, Brown and Ewers arent all coming here. Why would Ewers trade one log jam for another?  Granted hed have a better than even chance to win out. But 3 guys at once?  No, 2 of them and an older transfer with a year or 2 of eligibility?  Sure. 

Edited by NorLa Horns
F the brocks

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Malik, Brown and Ewers arent all coming here. Why would Ewers traxe ine log jam for another?  Granted hed have a better than even chance to win out. But 3 guys at once?  No. 2 of them and an older transfer with a year or 2 of eligibility?  Sure. 

log jam? at texas? more like a couple of splinters floating around in South Austin's mom's cavernous vagina....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I guess my point was more, if you take Ewers does that potentially cause Brown to stop looking at us?  if you take a junior/senior transfer its not as much of a concern for Brown(or any other 2022 QB).

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Lol you keep riding that train fuck boi I said he’ll yeah if he goes who would blame him. Other dudes started threads on it. But your obsession with me is getting a touch s creepy 

Downplay it if you want but Zeus started a terrible thread saying Bijan should transfer to another program because he wanted him to win a heisman and you were one of the two upvotes. I’ll be creepy but you’re a shitty fan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Downplay it if you want but Zeus started a terrible thread saying Bijan should transfer to another program because he wanted him to win a heisman and you were one of the two upvotes. I’ll be creepy but you’re a shitty fan.

Correct I want the best for him to he’s a good dude. Generational talent and as an adult I’d hate to see him waste away with the biggest bunch of Pussy as losers in this history of UT running behind a bullshit Oline that wil prob get him killed .  So if that’s what he decided I wouldn’t even be mad. 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

Just now, closetojumping said:

Dude, it's for escrow, I assume. The other guy is going to wind up paying me. Thompson and Card won't be an issue in 2022.

If you care more about a player winning some award than Texas being at least decent at football, you're doing it wrong. I guess if the guy is a personal friend or family member, that would make sense. Anything besides that and you're just fucking weird.

Where did I say that. Read again I said if he decided to go I wouldn’t be mad. I’ve coached kids for years. Played the game for 25 years So when I see good players make it it’s a good thing. Sorry if that’s weird 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dude, it's for escrow, I assume. The other guy is going to wind up paying me. Thompson and Card won't be an issue in 2022.

If you care more about a player winning some award than Texas being at least decent at football, you're doing it wrong. I guess if the guy is a personal friend or family member, that would make sense. Anything besides that and you're just fucking weird.

I’d just leave it be. If you’re good I’m good.  I just meant for when the time to pay up does come

when your QB room is on fire, you settle for one of the better QBs instead of shooting for the stars. come on!

I can accept that maybe I’m underestimating him a bit, and overestimating the remainder of the QB talent who will possibly hit the portal, as I haven’t looked too much into it. The little I’ve watched of him outside of the RRS/RRR/WhateverTF, he’s been pretty good, but not anything amazing. Maybe I base too much off of those two games, maybe not. Just seemed to be a snowball situation, and without an OL and overall good receiving corps here, I could see similar happening. But we’ll see what Sark can put together coming up.

43 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

FCB saying Bijan has made over a million $ this year whew buddy. Thats after 4-8 thats impressive 

What a fucking waste. I love that he made that kind of money, but that is the kind if information that can help get him better OL.   Let that shit out into the public domain 

• Hook 'Em 1

If we just want to win this K-State game, I would be all in favor of running a 1925 offense with Roschon at QB. With two TEs (I wish one of them could block, but they can get in people's way) and churn out a 21-16 Playstation kind of win, running the clock down to zero before each snap. RoJo carries 35 times for 180, Kielan busts a big one somewhere in there, a pop-pass to Brewer every now and then, maybe a flea flicker to a streaking Worthy. That is about where our talent level is right now. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting