Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

49 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

Da fuq?  I've got 2 diplomas from the 40 Acres...I've never attended a football game in kyle field.  The only time I've spent more than 5 minutes in college station in the last 15 years was last year about this time when I had to drive down to pick up a bicycle for my daughter from "santa".  

Just because I'm assuming that Dewberry goes aggy, along with the recent string of others they've landed, doesn't mean i'm an aggy.  

I guess I can PM you my TexasExes Lifetime Member ID# to prove you wrong?

This sounds exactly like what an aggy would say. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, turtlepond said:

I guess I can PM you my TexasExes Lifetime Member ID# to prove you wrong?

Also, please include a paystub so we can compare your compensation with the male nursing industry. 

Edited to add: The only real way we know if you're with us is to contribute to Burnt Ends. Get that flair boiii

Edited by Enchubben

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Please Commit To Us, We're Begging You
Just now, UTEE97 said:

I suspect if Fatterson were to join our staff it would be to in a TCU mole capacity.

Funny thing is I can see Patterson getting pissed, because they gave away his office. That shouldnt surprise anyone, but for some reason I can see Patterson being a petty person over stupid shit. 

Title change to reflect the halcyon days of this recruiting cycle for us as fans. 

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

I suspect if Fatterson were to join our staff it would be to in a TCU mole capacity.

I think I saw this episode. Is this the one where they catch him and tie him up at the end, and then they pull his mask off to reveal that it was Mr. Willard all along, and he would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You think they separated on good terms - or that Gary Patterson is a Sonny Dykes fan?

I kept hearing how he was still working for TCU and putting together game plans. He has too much history (and a statue) with that place to cut ties imo.

Edited by UTEE97

8 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Also, please include a paystub so we can compare your compensation with the male nursing industry. 

Edited to add: The only real way we know if you're with us is to contribute to Burnt Ends. Get that flair boiii

You know what?  You're right 🙂  I'm an incredible procrastinator.  But, I'm getting that Burnt Ends tag right. fucking. now.  I'd rather be part of the solution than the problem....

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I kept hearing how he was still working for TCU and putting together game plans. He has too much history (and a statue) with that place to cut ties imo.

Helping out a coaching staff that he hired finish the season is one thing.  What he thinks of the place after they hired a rival coach in Sonny Fucking Dykes likely changed things a bit.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He was never coming here and it has nothing to do with Choate and PK

It’s tiresome seeing takes like that. Perkins has been reported to be a highest bidder recruitment from the start and people will continue to argue it’s because some coach can’t close. 

They’re missing the entire point. 

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He was never coming here and it has nothing to do with Choate and PK

It could if we had a LB coach & DC that hadn't laid giants shits on the field all year and put up one of the worst defenses in Texas history. I am not saying he'd have come here but Texas might have had a better chance of attracting him.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You're still not getting it.

I'm sure it is bags of cash attracting him (which I get). but also the fact that Texas' defense has blown ass for the last number of years and this year was especially bad doesn't help.

Edited by BrazilHorn

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Yes. Maybe we can beat TCU every year with this structure.

That in itself would be quite a feat for Texas football. In all seriousness, Gary is a better HC than Sark and better DC than PK. If we are able to upgrade our talent next year, that coaching structure might have some success. 

8 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

It could if we had a LB coach & DC that hadn't laid giants shits on the field all year and put up one of the worst defenses in Texas history. I am not saying he'd have come here but Texas might have had a better chance of attracting him.

I hope Elko takes the Duke job so then LSU and aggy will both be without DC’s so then people realize these type recruitments have nothing to do with coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting