Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Nahlin and Lucci both said he was trending UT if a flip were to occur prior to NIL stuff being announced

Yeah, but that’s before aggy was going to drop their bags. NIL prevents that stuff from persuading recruits. 

Almost everyone here was still worried about aggy dropping bags on Banks like they have with a billion other recruits. See Harris and Stewart. 

Edited by texasstrong12

There’s some highly productive WRs in the portal though. I think we get one or two of them. 

Washington and Dixon don’t scare anyone and Whittington can’t stay healthy. The most reliable second option are the RBs. I truly hope Wiley stays and gets more confident without Brewer stealing his reps, and shows Sanders/Davis/Helm that if you’re patient it’ll come (what the fuck ever happened to Liebrock?).

We need at least two transfer WR and 3 rookies because right now that group is majorly depleted from transfers and a lack of Texas-level talent. Here’s to hoping we close strong there with some players wanting to catch passes from Ewers.

As far as Stewart is concerned, if he hasn’t learned lessons from Dylan Wright (transferred), Demas (15 catches) or Hezekiah (bust), and Buckley (somehow still transferring to other schools), then he’s obviously trying to salvage his body for the NFL (if he makes it on raw talent alone). Maybe he can catch 20 passes a year over there, who knows. I hope he comes to his senses.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah Jameson Williams really sucks ass

That is a guy that was behind 3 1st round picks. That is an obvious exception. Best chance to get a difference maker is a young player with a coaching change or finding a ridiculous room like OSU. I tend to agree that it is hard to find dynamic skill players. The MSU RB is another example of hope. I tend to think these are more exceptions to the rule.  You can still find productive players though. Having Worthy and 2 players that are just B- starters in the Big 12 would be an improvement 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Major needs more good weight.  Hopefully Becton knows how to build cyborgs like tOSU/Bama/Georgia.

I have no proof but Becton's s&c approach description strikes me as a guy that does well for the skill positions that are important to Sark. Sark needs to hire a second guy that could care less about twitch and has a mind set that only wants to build beasts. Mind sets rubs off in my opinion so have both in the program.

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Why don’t they just call in the chicks from Texas state? That’s what we did. 

The whole thing is fucking stupid.

Even if we go with his premise of lack of "thots" at UT, and especially in comparison to aggy, you trying to tell me you'll find, on average, more attractive women in aggyworld than Austin? The sticks vs the number 1 city in America in so many different categories? On a basic level, Carl, you trying to tell me you'll find more trim in a rural area over the city?

GTFOH 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He was listed at 310, his weight is fine. Needs to chained to the squat rack In The off-season 

I didn't pay attention to him this year, but a lot of it is probably technique. It is hard to get push as a center when also focusing on the snap and the line calls.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I didn't pay attention to him this year, but a lot of it is probably technique. It is hard to get push as a center when also focusing on the snap and the line calls.

Played LT tackle in HS. Completely agree. Center and LT are the 2 most important positions on a OL and neither are easy to find. Why I have always been a fan of taking 1 center and 3 OTs a year. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Even if we go with his premise of lack of "thots" at UT, and especially in comparison to aggy, you trying to tell me you'll find, on average, more attractive women in aggyworld than Austin? The sticks vs the number 1 city in America in so many different categories? On a basic level, Carl, you trying to tell me you'll find more trim in a rural area over the city?

GTFOH 

Don’t feed the thots… errr… trolls. 

36 minutes ago, groupchatleaker said:

the house currently houses 7 hot blonde thots who have all went or have viral followings on tiktok

what 18 year old kid wouldnt want to live in a house full of model looking thots

texas is behind yet again but then again texas wouldnt be able to create a hype house with the thots on campus

sad walking dead GIF

14 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

GTFOH 

Don’t feed the thots… errr… trolls. 

24 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I am of the opinion that the best skill players come from high schools, not from the portal. Skilled guys usually contribute early (see Xavier, Bijan), but if you're in the portal, you probably weren't good enough to contribute at your previous school (except for cases where there were coaching turnovers). I am afraid we will end up with more Jag WRs from the portal if we can't land at least a couple of elite WRs in the '22 class. Coleman has been an abject failure when it comes to developing and recruiting. He must go.

13 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That is a guy that was behind 3 1st round picks. That is an obvious exception. Best chance to get a difference maker is a young player with a coaching change or finding a ridiculous room like OSU. I tend to agree that it is hard to find dynamic skill players. The MSU RB is another example of hope. I tend to think these are more exceptions to the rule.  You can still find productive players though. Having Worthy and 2 players that are just B- starters in the Big 12 would be an improvement 

You guys are forgetting small school guys who are outperforming their locale and want to move up. A guy like Akron WR Konata Mumpfield, who was making freshman all-American teams but is in the portal for bigger opportunities.

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting