Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, NoName said:

this stadium taki's NSD event has fake Stone Cold, fake Gil Brandt and a bunch of other random dudes.

who is that random ass mascot?

being called a "mini brian dawkins" when he was LISTED at 6' isn't a good thing

I definitely see this as a one time experiment that didn't work...

Marvin Sapp No GIF by TV One

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

You have Tapp, Finkley, Brown, and maybe Abor on the edge. I dont think Burke has the ability to drop into space. 

He was never the best athlete on the lacrosse field. He used his size to create mismatches. 

Burke has 2 picks for Westlake thus far - including a snatch while pass rushing that had me doing a double take - wow, did he really just pick that off? 

Dude has got arms like teradactyl wings that could result in a lot of batted balls and QB strips. 

Someone has not been keeping up with the thread.

Hah, that’s an impossible task this time of year. If they’re trading Jones for Burke, that’s a different story.
Westlake season-ticket holder here.  Burke is long, quick, agile, and plays smart  He swats a lot of passes away and once he gets his hands on a runner, it's usually over.   He's clearly a project due to his leanness, but I thought that Michigan was making a good gamble when they offered.  My concern at UT is position, as I see him more as a 4-3 DE.  For Westlake DE comparison, I thought at the time that Breckyn Hager was a bad take, since he had exactly one move in HS (speed move outside the tackle).  Burke is much more athletic, versatile, and disruptive. 

I mean, of course a Westlake fan is going to like the take. I’m not saying he’s a bad player, just seemed like a weird allocation of resources. But again if Jones is out and it’s a net zero numbers wise that’s different. Also, what I really want to know is, do you really have to buy season tickets to HS teams now a days?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting