Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

I’d prefer he signs with us, but remember when we passed on Andrew Luck because Squints was the guy?

Hasn't it been well-established that Luck was never in play for Texas Squints or no Squints? RGIII (and a couple of others) are a completely different story.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Hasn't it been well-established that Luck was never in play for Texas Squints or no Squints? RGIII (and a couple of others) are a completely different story.

My understanding/recollection is that Luck wasn’t in play in part because we basically NEVER recruited him.

Edited by lilMAC25

WE need WRs and unlike many on the roster he can actually catch the ball... Might not be a freak athlete, but Ill take it

Right? Lot of ambivalence on Winfield here when simply being able to consistently catch the ball would instantly make him the second best receiver on the roster.
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Only surly would prefer to rehash depressing topics of years past over basking in the gloriousness of this class coming together. Carry on. 

I feel like you are underraring our ability to panic when Neto pulls down his commitment tweet and/or Malik goes radio silent at 6 am In California after confirming no less than twelve hours earlier with 9. 95ers that he is locked in and all is well. 

Edited by deech

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Right? Lot of ambivalence on Winfield here when simply being able to consistently catch the ball would instantly make him the second best receiver on the roster.

Worthy and Whittington are 1 and 2. So that would make him 3. Though Washington really came on in the back half of the season as well. I think the improvement at QB is going to allow some of our returning WRs to flourish.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Worthy and Whittington are 1 and 2. So that would make him 3. Though Washington really came on in the back half of the season as well. I think the improvement at QB is going to allow some of our returning WRs to flourish.

Dixon seemed to flash the last few games.

12 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I hope Sark makes it man. He is easy to root for

Agreed. I didn't like 5-7 one bit and I'm leery of his past HC record. But he's definitely the reason that Ewers, Banks and a handful of others are in burnt orange today.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting