Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

If Banks was the only OT to volunteer to play on the right side...well, that sounds like something I'd expect out of a team player like Roschon Johnson. In other words: do like.  

agree, I think that's the biggest takeaway from that anecdote. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Luckily I've never tried wiping with my opposite hand, but I can imagine that's a proper analogy, especially when it comes to your normal outside pass blocking. You'll probably get into your sets slower, and with much poorer form when you get there. You have to shift your weight to the opposite foot etc... It'll take a lot of reps to get used to.

Also sometimes a player can only effectively play one side.  I was a right CB in football -- tried left CB a couple of practices and my coach started bitching at me saying "get your ass back over to right CB where you belong".

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Luckily I've never tried wiping with my opposite hand, but I can imagine that's a proper analogy, especially when it comes to your normal outside pass blocking. You'll probably get into your sets slower, and with much poorer form when you get there. You have to shift your weight to the opposite foot etc... It'll take a lot of reps to get used to.

There's a lot more that goes into wiping your ass than I realized.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Also sometimes a player can only effectively play one side.  I was a right CB in football -- tried left CB a couple of practices and my coach started bitching at me saying "get your ass back over to right CB where you belong".

You were a right crystal ball? These positions have changed a lot over the years 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

There are definitely those. I was basically the swing tackle in HS, doing both, so I wouldn't know how it feels being at one for so long and then switching. I was better at pass-blocking at RT, but handled LT fine.

You will see a lot of college LTs switch to RT or swing in the NFL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That entire story is a spin machine. If you read the article it even mentions that Venables talked to him about NIL. Funny how they leave that out of the headline.

The ASS paper is garbage and actively destroys our program 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 5

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That entire story is a spin machine. If you read the article it even mentions that Venables talked to him about NIL. Funny how they leave that out of the headline.

Yeah, blOU gotta negative recruit Texas whenever possible.  Article wreaks of spin and lies

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Can the athletic dept. just ban AAS' access?

I lived in Knoxville for 18 years and the local media would have never gone out of their way to trash a program like the AAS does.

OB and AAS are detriments to the program. Never seen so much “local media” sabotage a program before. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Can the athletic dept. just ban AAS' access?

I lived in Knoxville for 18 years and the local media would have never gone out of their way to trash a program like the AAS does.

It’s going to take a lot of people leaking on CDC to get that ball rolling. Even then, he may not do shit if all he does is fundraising.

Edited by Enchubben

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

Luckily I've never tried wiping with my opposite hand, but I can imagine that's a proper analogy,

Unluckily, I've had to do so for years because my right rotator cuff was fucked up in a fall and the surgery failed.

It's still awkward. I'm considering hiring staff for the job.

• Haha 1

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

image.thumb.png.a6a46c01338cd33e59308de417bc3a2a.png

Full article from Ears

Five-star offensive lineman Devon Campbell talks finalists ahead of February decision

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Five-star offensive lineman Devon Campbell talks finalists ahead of February decision

Mike Roach

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla — Devon Campbell came into the Under Armour All-American Game with a lot of expectations. The five-star offensive lineman from Arlington (Texas) Bowie is one of the top uncommitted prospects in the nation.

He recently announced he’s down to a final duo of Texas and Oklahoma for his college decision. Campbell said that both schools have been recruiting him hard throughout his career, and that has the Red River rivals in a battle.

“Really the same thing that’s been this whole recruiting process,” Campbell said. “UT was really the first school that showed love the most and just staying consistent. Same with Oklahoma.”

Though Lincoln Riley left Oklahoma, Bill Bedenbaugh stayed. That factor alone has Oklahoma as a top contender for him.

“Coach Bedenbaugh staying really played a big factor,” Campbell said. “His consistency to stay on me. He constantly hits me up every day to show me I’m a real priority.”

Brent Venables has been trying to put together the Oklahoma class since taking the job. He met with Campbell shortly after arriving in Norman, and Campbell said he likes what he’s seen from the new Oklahoma head coach.

“I did talk to him,” Campbell said. “He came for a home visit but I was at my basketball game. I did talk to him though. He was really cool. He’s a defensive guy, so I like the energy he brings.”

Kyle Flood is also a significant factor in this race. The Texas offensive line coach is putting together a big class, and Campbell would be the cherry on top.

“Same relationship,” he said. “We’re tight. We’ve got our connection going on since he moved to Texas. It’s just been like that since.”

The Longhorns already have six offensive linemen in their recruiting class. Campbell said the overall numbers don’t really make a difference to him.

“It really doesn’t factor that much,” he said. “I see they are trying to build something special.”

At this time of year, committed players are working to get others to join them in the recruiting class. Campbell said he’s been off of his phone and trying to lay low while he makes the decision when asked if any other prospects had been working on him.

“Not really,” he said. “I’ve just been trying to keep it quiet and lay low.”

Campbell plans to make his decision on February 3. The traditional signing day lost some luster with the early signing period, but Campbell wants to wait it out and make sure he’s done all of his homework.

“I’m going to wait it out til February 3,” he said. “I’m really just taking my time with it and enjoying the process while it lasts.”

Campbell played primarily at tackle through his career. This offseason will be about the transition to the interior where he will play during his college career.

“I’m actually working on moving to guard,” Campbell said. “I’m working more on the interior side. Being at this camp and starting off at guard and getting a few center reps, everything is new to me so I’m just figuring it out. It’s really just playing a new position, walking through techniques, making sure I’ve got the hand placements right and making sure I can succeed in that position.”

At 6-foot-3, 310 pounds, Campbell is ranked as the No. 1 interior offensive lineman in the nation and No. 3 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Got dam. I quit posting for a month and we sign one of the best QB prospects in the last 20 years and by far the best OL class we've ever had while also making massive upgrades at WR and RB coach. I'm really not sure if any program in the last couple decades has signed a better QB and OL group in one class. I guess I should stay away until we pull in Addison, an All-Conference LT, LB, TE, and S too. 

There's no doubt we've made massive upgrades on offense, though the 2022 OL is still a pretty big question mark and we don't have much of an infusion of talent ready to go in 2022 on defense while bringing back the same defensive staff from one of the worst defenses in school history. I think Finkley, Brooks, Allen, and Watts could be ready to be strong contributors next season, but we still need some more help at edge, ILB and probably safety depending on where Cook and Watts play.  Making at least one change on the defensive coaching staff would be nice too, but seems like that wont happen, unless we add GP as an analyst. 

Do It GIF

31 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Lol…Ags are beating their chess with a 5th place finish in their own division. If you don’t see the money passing under the table, they really didn’t cheat.  Nothing to see here..move along 

Actually,  it’s a validation that NIL stuff is working.  

1 minute ago, Bamboozled73 said:

Lol…Ags are beating their chess with a 5th place finish in their own division. If you don’t see the money passing under the table, they really didn’t cheat.  Nothing to see here..move along 

Actually,  it’s a validation that NIL stuff is working.  

*checkers

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting