Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

"Not Gryffindor not Gryffindor..."

Got Gryffindor. Fuckin quiz thing must be broke.

in the other quiz above:

You Are 45% Gryffindor, 23% Slytherin, 20% Ravenclaw, and 12% Hufflepuff!

I think you can use online quizzes instead of SAT/ACT on your aggy application now. Don't be surprised if you start getting A&M brochures crammed into your mailbox.

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Ian Boyd doesnt think he is a schematic fit to the Texas defense. That is worth -50 spots on On3. 

1) Let me assure you that Ian fucking Boyd has about as much of a voice in the ON3 ratings room as I do. Less than that, probably. If he were in the Texags Org he'd be Liucci's mother, expect I'm sure she knows football better than ole' Ian. 

2) Please tell me that Ian Boyd actually doesn't think Tapp is a fit, and that wasn't just bullshit you pulled out of your ass. Because that's some plausible ass bullshit and I need it to be true. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

1) Let me assure you that Ian fucking Boyd has about as much of a voice in the ON3 ratings room as I do. Less than that, probably. If he were in the Texags Org he'd be Liucci's mother, expect I'm sure she knows football better than ole' Ian. 

2) Please tell me that Ian Boyd actually doesn't think Tapp is a fit, and that wasn't just bullshit you pulled out of your ass. Because that's some plausible ass bullshit and I need it to be true. 

de-caf, my man. I thought that was pretty clear I was just fucking around. 

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He actually wants Tapp to move to RB and to fill the void Roschon Johnson leaves when he switches to LB

• Haha 9

Just now, RGBIII said:

He actually wants Tapp to move to RB and to fill the void Roschon Johnson leaves when he switches to LB

I think Ian was the one that recommended that he get a look at Safety. PK needs a "box safety", nothing screams Box safety like 6'3" and 250 pounds. 

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Inside Texas should replace Ian Boyd...

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just went and found a test on buzzfeed because of this damn thread. Ravenclaw at 37% was highest, hufflepuff lowest at 14%.  I’ll keep that next to my myers-Briggs letters so people can get to know me without my having to interact with them. 

They're both about equally reliable.

End of psychometrics rant.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Mittens said:

I have, ever since he showed up in Austin. There's no way he has the quickness or power to be a better athlete than Tapp or Finkley, in the way that edge rushers are evaluated as athletes.  I've also enjoyed watching the sunshine pumpers in this thread try to hype Burke up as anything more than a project take who will need several years of S&C before he even has a chance to see the field (other than ST maybe).  

Burke has been a D1 lacrosse player since he stepped on the field as a freshman.  His size is an anomaly for that game and his skills/head are top notch there. From a Longhorn perspective, I hope he becomes what folks here think he can be.  Personally, I don't think has big time college program pass rusher in him, and he's playing somewhere/thing else come fall 2024.

Gerry Hamilton was saying on NSD1 that Burke was going to move up in the On3 rankings. But what does that guy know?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Gerry Hamilton was saying on NSD1 that Burke was going to move up in the On3 rankings. But what does that guy know?

That’s insane. Tall underweight players should never be rated higher than 3 stars. Just look at Omenihu! That guy barely added a pound and is probably working at Walmart rn.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Codaxx said:

you do realize that football was the choice, because that is a full ride. Maryland wasnt paying for school. It is very rare to get a full ride in Lacrosse, most players get next to nothing. I said he was not an athletic freak on the field in Lacrosse and used his size. Your argument is he got a full ride at Maryland, which is 100% incorrect, so he is a great athlete. D1 lacrosse gets 12.6 scholarships for a 45-50 man roster. 

Oldest played HS lacrosse and we went through a handful of the recruiting roundups when he was a senior.  One was managed/hosted by Gerry Byrne, who was a Notre Dame assistant at the time.  During the recruiting info session, he said exactly that.  In fact, a very good portion of the UND team that year was paying near full freight to go to Notre Dame and be a D1 athlete.  Only 1 guy was on full scholarship - and he got it for being a football player.  He did not directly say it, but the implication was that you are better off spending money on SAT prep than lacrosse prep if your primary objective is scholarships.

I've mentioned before, but same son played MCLA (fairly competitive club) lacrosse at UT.  You had to pay to play (need to pay the coaches, travel, etc.) and the team was chock full of players from all over the state, California, and the occasional D1 transfer.  Most years, they were quite competitive, as were OU, Texas State, and Aggy.  One year, they played BYU and Utah.  Utah was 1 year away from being D1 and thrashed them.  That team was the epitome of lacrosse - undersized, athletic, skilled, rich white guys.  :)

Back to @Codaxx point....  My son was one of the larger players (not as big as Burke, though) and he could really take advantage of weaker competition with his size.  He'd camp out on the crease and an attack or middie would wait for a double-team and pass it off.  Many a goal were scored using that tactic.  You get the shit knocked out of you a lot, though, with that tactic.  And against more skilled competition, you'd revert to a decent offense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just went and found a test on buzzfeed because of this damn thread. Ravenclaw at 37% was highest, hufflepuff lowest at 14%.  I’ll keep that next to my myers-Briggs letters so people can get to know me without my having to interact with them. 

You Are 38% Slytherin, 33% Gryffindor, 19% Ravenclaw, and 10% Hufflepuff!

Not really sure what that means other than Slytherin were the "dark semi-evil" house and all the heroes were Gryffindor.

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

You weren't lying:

SITE MAP STORE Index Catalog US NEWS Index STATES Index RANKINGS Index XC  Leader List DyeStat Elite 2001 Outdoor Gourley RaceWalk CALENDAR Current  FEATURES Index Scholar YOUTH Index MESSAGE BOARDS Index High School ...

Also, TIL that his dad was a professional angler. 

One of my favorite Horns of all time. 

Damn right I wasn’t lying. I sat with the players’ families next to him at the Arkansas game in 2004. He’s a helluva nice guy. They were proud of him then, and I was glad he became such a success because they deserved it. 

Dad was also all-conference or all-American in JUCO football. 

Edited by Tex Pete

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting