Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

If we're going to jabber on about wizardry, let's at least step up our game. Tolkien vs. Rowling is 2020 Bama vs. 2014 Houston Scarborough. 

You Shall Not Pass Lord Of The Rings GIF

My second game on varsity my sophomore year was my first start. We played Scarborough at old Del Mar stadium and snapped our school's 2 year losing streak against them. Saw a senior CB have a triad blowout on a punt return that ended his playing years even though colleges had been all over him prior to that. Dude was just screaming in agony on the field. For a 15 year old with all of that adrenaline, it was fucking chaotic to witness. Anyway, yeah, grim matchup.

https://theathletic.com/news/texas-am-zeroes-in-on-ole-miss-dj-durkin-for-defensive-coordinator-job-source/FqricYKl7Squ/

Aggie Portal is gonna truly be lit in a few years if this comes to pass.  Good move by a&m to not finalize this before signing day though, because it would have cost them a lot more to keep their class together to play under Durkin.

9 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

He didn't hear shit except a dumb game of telephone from ignorant twitter shit. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The inability for people to discern the difference between "NIL" and "cheating" is starting to drive me insane.

You and me both, pal. It's going to continue to get worse, and it probably never will get better. 

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

THESE ARE NOT FUCKING NIL DEALS! I AM SO GOD DAMN TIRED OF THIS NARRITIVE!

That would be over 1mill per player, no one got more than 500k. You cannot give an NIL deal nor promise an NIL deal till they are enrolled and on campus. These were bags of fucking cash. If any aggy tries to push that narrative please correct them immediately

fml-sylvester.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

That would be over 1mill per player, no one got more than 500k. You cannot give an NIL deal nor promise an NIL deal till they are enrolled and on campus. These were bags of fucking cash. If any aggy tries to push that narrative please correct them immediately

All future recruits need to believe aggy pays $1 million.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I enjoy how nobody has bothered to ask from where all the “NIL” money came.  Or look for the supposed LLCs that were set up for that purpose. 

Or even the quid pro quo that the athletes are supposedly doing for these LLCs. People are fucking morons

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The inability for people to discern the difference between "NIL" and "cheating" is starting to drive me insane.

What gets me is A&M is always trying to “flex” and desperately show how rich they think they are and how they’re the premier program in the state (in their minds). They spent years boasting about being the only Texas program in the SEC, money whipping Jimbo Fisher, the Manziel Heisman, and now their recruiting class. There’s no way they wouldn’t be bragging about their NIL deals if they were legit and not cheating. Especially after we announced Horns with Heart and the Clark Field Collective, they wouldn’t want the narrative to shift to how we are fully weaponizing NIL if they’d already done so like some people seem to believe.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Or even the quid pro quo that the athletes are supposedly doing for these LLCs. People are fucking morons

So the LLCs don’t exist and it’s a recruiting violation to promise individuals NIL before you get to campus… 

It might actually be smarter to just admit they paid them and fight the NCAA to attend than to actually get caught up in the potential headache of someone start asking questions regarding violating state law with their nonexistent NIL.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

*NARRATIVE 

sorry, please resume raging

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

What gets me is A&M is always trying to “flex” and desperately show how rich they think they are and how they’re the premier program in the state (in their minds)...

Can they even pay for toilet paper now, because at one point that was a thing?

36 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Don't we have tweeter wizards that can chirp back a clarification.  

Well, if this shit is going to continue, I'm going to have to expound on my earlier post and I think we're going to have to give an official name for the denizens of the football board. A few options, off the top of my head:

House StumbleFuck
House HuffingGas
House WaterHead
House ShortBus
House DownGrade

House StumbleFuck 22%
House HuffingGas 11%
House WaterHead 10%
House ShortBus 41%
House DownGrade 15%
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

well yeah, new to earth?   I really want someone to investigate aggy, mainly so we can have an actual story that explains to the idiots what the difference is between bags to high schoolers and NIL money.  don't even care if they get punished for it.

56 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

I have to wonder if the visibility and public discussion of numbers being thrown around by aggy this year may start making some people nervous.  This isn't just an ncaa issue.  This is felony level illegal activity including money laundering, tax evasion, and probably racketeering.  Maybe others.

All it takes is one zealous federal prosecuter looking to make a name for himself to blow this up and your talking about prison for people involved, not just ncaa violations.  And the people potentially facing consequences would include everyone from the boosters giving the cash, to the uncles/dads/trainers, to the recruits themselves.

It may not have been worthwhile to investigate with the amounts involved in the past, but now with totals being thrown around of anywhere from 3 million to 37 million and some individuals getting 500K to 1 million they've potentially drawn a lot of attention to themselves.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I have to wonder if the visibility and public discussion of numbers being thrown around by aggy this year may start making some people nervous.  This isn't just an ncaa issue.  This is felony level illegal activity including money laundering, tax evasion, and probably racketeering.  Maybe others.

All it takes is one zealous federal prosecuter looking to make a name for himself to blow this up and your talking about prison for people involved, not just ncaa violations.  And the people potentially facing consequences would include everyone from the boosters giving the cash, to the uncles/dads/trainers, to the recruits themselves.

It may not have been worthwhile to investigate with the amounts involved in the past, but now with totals being thrown around of anywhere from 3 million to 37 million and some individuals getting 500K to 1 million they've potentially drawn a lot of attention to themselves.

If these type of accusations were flying around about UT, you could bet your ass some aggy, tech, baylor lawyers would all publicly dig into this.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I’ve said this before, but the NIL provides great cover for any prosecutor or IRS director when going after this. It used to be they are taking $$ away from kids because there was no other alternative. Now that there is, it’s time me to pay up because Uncle  Sam wants his cut.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My second game on varsity my sophomore year was my first start. We played Scarborough at old Del Mar stadium and snapped our school's 2 year losing streak against them. Saw a senior CB have a triad blowout on a punt return that ended his playing years even though colleges had been all over him prior to that. Dude was just screaming in agony on the field. For a 15 year old with all of that adrenaline, it was fucking chaotic to witness. Anyway, yeah, grim matchup.

"Alexa, Play Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen." 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Just generally assume that an aggie telling you what's going on behind the scenes anywhere, at ATM, Texas, his local little league, is lying and should be outright dismissed. I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is nothing grounded in fact regarding anything he said about HWH. He's just your basic lying idiot, also known as a redass aggie.

aggy*

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Burntcowboy said:

While there is no doubt that aggy dropped lots of bags this cycle, these numbers being spouted about make zero fucking sense. Aggy will sign somewhere near 25 kids this class, are we to believe that each of them received 1 million plus, or are we taking the stance that several got multimillion dollar deals and others got zero? Either way, this smells just like the bullshit that it is.

5 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

My aggy coworker said he heard the HWH was already shut down and it was illegal because it would incentivize a player to come to UT before they have signed. I said he was full of shit but I don’t know enough about NIL to argue law 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just generally assume that an aggie telling you what's going on behind the scenes anywhere, at ATM, Texas, his local little league, is lying and should be outright dismissed. I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is nothing grounded in fact regarding anything he said about HWH. He's just your basic lying idiot, also known as a redass aggie.

Ask him if NIL programs are illegal cheating why the honorable A&M program is telling everyone that NIL is how they signed their class through Liucci and other mouthpieces.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

My aggy coworker said he heard the HWH was already shut down and it was illegal because it would incentivize a player to come to UT before they have signed. I said he was full of shit but I don’t know enough about NIL to argue law 

Let him continue to think that so they finally shut up about it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Vince Vaughn GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

First off, thanks to you, RGBIII, Sydney and others for explaining all the NIL details and bag game for those of us who lurk in this thread to get a grip on the new order of recruiting. I have a stupid question:

Suppose I am shopping my kid to different programs, and one of them tells me "we will give your kid $500k now to commit to us". I understand this is not NIL, but a bag man. So I accept the money. My question is, how do the kid/parent/uncle/trainer account for this money? If I am given 500k, I cant put it under my mattress or ask for it in small bills. I am familiar with finances/banking/taxes...how do they explain that money? They can't pay taxes on a transaction that never took place.

fucking putting a bullshit spin on their is so fucking aggy. They can just let what they’ve done stand on it’s own merit and be like “yeah, bro. Whatchugonnado?” That’s something a big baller would do.

They don’t have balls tho and try maintain their traditional image of stoic and overcompensating masculinity similar to that of a closeted gay man in the 50s thru truth bending and white lies.

15 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

L O L

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

First off, thanks to you, RGBIII, Sydney and others for explaining all the NIL details and bag game for those of us who lurk in this thread to get a grip on the new order of recruiting. I have a stupid question:

Suppose I am shopping my kid to different programs, and one of them tells me "we will give your kid $500k now to commit to us". I understand this is not NIL, but a bag man. So I accept the money. My question is, how do the kid/parent/uncle/trainer account for this money? If I am given 500k, I cant put it under my mattress or ask for it in small bills. I am familiar with finances/banking/taxes...how do they explain that money? They can't pay taxes on a transaction that never took place.

No clue, I am only interested in legal ways to pay money to enrolled players. You should ask Looch on texags

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Ask him if NIL programs are illegal cheating why the honorable A&M program is telling everyone that NIL is how they signed their class through Liucci and other mouthpieces.

I asked him about that and he admits they are paying under the table but also believes the have a NIL and that they are selling a vision of success 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

I assume they do what drug dealers, gamblers and bookies do every day and wash it in some form, or spend it in small amounts, or just be general idiots and blow through it all and not give a fuck and remain ignorant to the premise that the IRS could theoretically give a shit. I don't know though. Maybe someone here has actually done something like that or know someone that has and they'll be dumb enough to spell out the details here for all to see.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Uh, no. Misspelling their name is the most aggie shit you guys do on this board. 

No, no, no. We are actually spelling it correctly to fuck with aggy who puts the ‘ie’ on the end like one of those bitchy girls from middle school who spells their name with an ‘i’ at the end of their name instead of a ‘y’. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting