2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

Portal non-updates from IT

Spoiler

*TCU’s recent NCAA transfer portal member Ochaun Mathis tweeted an update this morning.

We’re checking on his graduation status, but understand he’d likely enroll in June, needing around 10 hours to get his degree in Fort Worth.

Texas and Mathis makes too much sense and we continue to like this trend line for the Horns.

*Texas Baseball doing their part for Mario Williams. If you saw Brennan Marion’s tweet/IG post earlier, he’s hanging out with the UT baseball staff today.

Williams remains a legit baseball prospect for Texas, which keeps the Horns in the hunt for the OU transfer receiver. We’re digging for more details.

*Drew Sanders; post-Arkansas visit. The Alabama LB and former Denton Ryan star left his trip to Fayetteville earlier today.

He attended the Razorbacks basketball game last night - what the hell happened to Mizzou? - and we’re told the visit went well, but hard to tell how well. Arkansas continues to be proactive in the portal market recently adding LSU EDGE Landon Jackson last month.

Sanders is supposed to see Oklahoma today and Texas on Friday.

• Hook 'Em 2

1. The first rule of the Transfer Portal is you dont worry about numbers. 
  2. The second rule of the Transfer Portal is you dont talk about numbers. 
  3. The third rule of the Transfer Portal is if you do worry and talk about numbers, don't be a fucking idiot and have a fucking clue. 
55 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

That makes sense, thanks.

So right now we have 27 HS commits, plus hopefully D Campbell and maybe Champ Lewis still comes. Let's say 28. Making up numbers let's say we count 5 of those guys towards last year's class. That means for 2022 we'd have 23 HS counters and room for 9 transfers?

See rule 3, above. To reiterate: don't be a fucking idiot and have a fucking clue. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Hamilton and Burton have been saying all month that the limit is 7. Its at the 27 minute mark of this video. Let's not call people dumbasses for listening to guys who cover recruiting professionally. It seems that even they are confused.

But that’s NOT what they’re saying. They’re commenting on why there’s a limit at all because (as an example) what happens if all 85 scholarship players were to transfer out? Your team would then consist of a max 32 scholarship players next season.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

For fuck's sake, people, 7 is the number of additional class counters you can have if you have that many transfer out after the set date. That's it. As Fud said, you can have an entire class of transfers, which would be 32 if it's 25 plus the 7 additional. But if you have spots left over from the previous class you can go even higher than 32. The 25 limit is the number of players receiving grant-in-aid from your athletic program for the first time. They can be high school players, JUCO transfers, university transfers, it doesn't fucking matter. 

25 is the baseline
you can go past 25 to make up for any academically eligible players who transfer out (up to 7)
you can take advantage of being under 25 in the previous class

So technically the maximum number of transfers you can take in the 2022 class is 57 fucking transfers.

25 in the 2022 class, 7 for players who transfer out, 25 for the 2021 class if you didn't sign anyone.

Now I'd say get back on topic but the current topic is Texas high school kids going to SEC schools because they couldn't get into Texas, so whatever.

0B602F0F-B3C8-4413-AF9F-1296A9E39650.gif.1d19941bb443c0293f4742e160217cd3.gif

21 minutes ago, Askew said:
  1. The first rule of the Transfer Portal is you dont worry about numbers. 
  2. The second rule of the Transfer Portal is you dont talk about numbers. 
  3. The third rule of the Transfer Portal is if you do worry and talk about numbers, don't be a fucking idiot and have a fucking clue. 

See rule 3, above. To reiterate: don't be a fucking idiot and have a fucking clue. 

I meant that I was throwing out hypothetical numbers to illustrate how it works, but ok cool post you big badass 

35 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Portal non-updates from IT

Hide contents

*TCU’s recent NCAA transfer portal member Ochaun Mathis tweeted an update this morning.

We’re checking on his graduation status, but understand he’d likely enroll in June, needing around 10 hours to get his degree in Fort Worth.

Texas and Mathis makes too much sense and we continue to like this trend line for the Horns.

Damn didn't realize Mathis was a summer enrollee. Wonder why he doesn't just non-grad transfer and finish his last semester at Texas.

Also if this is true, great call by FCB saying he'd be a horn this week.

19 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm patiently waiting for the "all district honorable mention, Texas Lutheran offered me a partial scholarship crowd" to weigh in here. 

Funny enough, I did earn all district honorable mention and attended Texas Lutheran.  My youngest is also considering Arkansas.  Great thread, I'll go back to lurking.

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)