Boo fucking hoo Ashli Babbitt

Gooby

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My question remains for any of y’all who minimize Jan 6 or believe that we shouldn’t have responded with more deadly force:

Replace that mob with one of Muslims mad because the will of Allah was thwarted because their candidate didn’t win, and they do all do the EXACT same acts while yelling “Allahu Akbar!” What would you have 2) expected and/or 2) wanted government forces to do in response?

No answer of “but BLM!” - tell me what you would have us do if the mob committing the same acts, with the same grievances about a lost election, did it in the name of Allah.

You damn well know we would and should have mowed them down. That’s what you would have wanted to happen, and rightly so.

image.png.06f227dcfe3a908653e3d0b060d77473.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My question remains for any of y’all who minimize Jan 6 or believe that we shouldn’t have responded with more deadly force:

Replace that mob with one of Muslims mad because the will of Allah was thwarted because their candidate didn’t win, and they do all do the EXACT same acts while yelling “Allahu Akbar!” What would you have 2) expected and/or 2) wanted government forces to do in response?

No answer of “but BLM!” - tell me what you would have us do if the mob committing the same acts, with the same grievances about a lost election, did it in the name of Allah.

You damn well know we would and should have mowed them down. That’s what you would have wanted to happen, and rightly so.

Or, let's juxtapose it against the immigration problem. Most critical of the response to a mob overwhelming the capital to stop an election are all too good going to extreme measures in stopping, by any means necessary, a group of individuals trying to enter our country to work. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 1

Well some of y'all are right about one thing.  A large portion of this country doesn't have the horses for the Final Solution to the Maga Question.  

Every single person within those barricades, let alone the building itself, should have been evacuated.  That's our seat of government, not just some tourist attraction.  I knew we were in deep shit when the next day people equated it with Congress people being shot at on a softball field or Arizona strip center.  If one member of our Legislative Branch or the Supreme Court or the VPOTUS had been harmed on live television, we would have entered a decade long abyss of darkness and severance.  The world's reserve currency doesn't get to murder its own elected officials for all the planet to see in real time, and then ask for a loan extension in the same breath.  So on that note, next time folks...be more extreme.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:28 PM, YGIFS said:

Maybe they bought the ice axepicks when they exited through the giftshop after getting lost on their tour, ever think of that smart gal? 

In hindsight, mailing a package containing dog feces labeled "Your Daughter's Remnants" to Ashli's Mom was a tad distasteful.  But the wrapping and bow was really nice, to be fair.

Odds are the dog feces stunt was done in house and attributed to the left, much like they push the Antifa theory. 

On 1/6/2024 at 1:31 PM, Underdog said:

But they brought McRibs! 

More likely Chik-Fil-A.  Since it wasn't a Sunday, after all.

15 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

There is no comparison at this point between the two parties. Biden’s government, while not perfect, (Hunter Biden really sucks and the Afghanistan withdrawal was a disaster) is at least respected and viewed as functioning adults that can be trusted by our allies and people who can read around the world. The other is rightly viewed by what they are; an insane, funny if not so frightening, circus run by freak-show level morons and a criminal. Trump and his spawn have done and will do untold damage to our county’s ability to function and to whatever reputation is left by the time they take power. Trump will cozy up to Putin (which is truly incredible) and the North Korean dictator. They are a threat to our democracy and safety. The FIRST thing they will focus on accomplishing is somehow getting Trump declared president for life. Fuck that sociopath and his idiot morons. We are currently under our greatest threat since the Civil War. I have no problem using all lawful and unlawful methods to protect my country from them. Lincoln suspended habeas corpus during the Civil War and I don’t see anyone complaining about the outcome. Anyone with a brain is compelled to do everything they can to stop those monsters. 

I wonder how skewed our vision of the national Dem party is skewed living in a state that hasn't had much Democratic success for over three decades.   Have to think the overall judgement for the blue side is better in states that have been successfully blue for some time, like California or NY.   Where I do feel the NDC fails is in messaging for everyone in the party.  It's like they leave some states to flounder by themselves.  But then maybe some of those states don't want to play ball, so they just get less funding?    In short, is our view of Dems overall sourer because our Texas Dems have been stumbling for at least a decade?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Got another “Dems are screwing up by running Biden again” text from my centrist buddy.  I explained to him why you don’t give up the incumbency and also how Biden has exceeded expectations in almost every category. 

His response: Well yeah, but just bad timing for the wars and inflation and such. 

Next time he tries to blame the Dems I’m just going to ask him why he can’t admit it’s the Rs. Why is that so hard?

Regardless of party, I'm just super proud of 'Murica for not having instigated in any of the three theater-wide wars taking place on our planet right now.  That's a really big deal for us.  Got our big kid pants on and everything.  Don't me wrong, we're engaged and about to get even more engaged (god bless the U.S. Navy), but for once in my lifetime, we can say in all honestly, "Whuh Ma?  Well, he started it!"  

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Regardless of party, I'm just super proud of 'Murica for not having instigated in any of the three theater-wide wars taking place on our planet right now.  That's a really big deal for us.  Got our big kid pants on and everything.  Don't me wrong, we're engaged and about to get even more engaged (god bless the U.S. Navy), but for once in my lifetime, we can say in all honestly, "Whuh Ma?  Well, he started it!"  

Ukraine, Israel, and?  Yemen?

• Like 1

Ukraine, Israel, and?  Yemen?

Don’t forget the War on Christmas. Wait, that’s over. It was punishable by death to say “merry Christmas,” but our lord god Trump made it legal again, saving all the good Christians from the antifa guillotine.

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

By legal definition, which of the three were murdered, making the joke in much poorer taste? Not your finest both sides attempt.

They should have murdered him after he held a gun to a pregnant woman’s belly, while robbing and assaulting her years before.  Lasted far too long on this earth, and I hope they didn’t bury him in a sweater.  I saw someone had mailed a bag of dog shit to Babbitts family, as her remains. I’m sad that didn’t happen to that POS.   

• Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Don’t forget the War on Christmas. Wait, that’s over. It was punishable by death to say “merry Christmas,” but our lord god Trump made it legal again, saving all the good Christians from the antifa guillotine.

Pretty sure John Lennon announced the war being over in 1971. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

They should have murdered him after he held a gun to a pregnant woman’s belly, while robbing and assaulting her years before.  Lasted far too long on this earth, and I hope they didn’t bury him in a sweater.  I saw someone had mailed a bag of dog shit to Babbitts family, as her remains. I’m sad that didn’t happen to that POS.   

Look if you want me to shit in a box, mark it 'guaranteed', and mail it to Babbitt's family.  Again.  I'll do it, I've got spare time /tommy

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The War on Christmas is too seasonal. Dotard's now claiming there's a war on Christians!

In a Dec. 19 speech in Iowa, for example, Trump pledged, “As soon as I get back in the Oval Office, I’ll also immediately end the war on Christians. I don’t know if you feel it. You have a war. There’s a war.” 

Unhinged piece of shit.

47 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Just give us your address and we'll send one to you too.  No need to get all crabby about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Look if you want me to shit in a box, mark it 'guaranteed', and mail it to Babbitt's family.  Again.  I'll do it, I've got spare time /tommy

Don’t threaten me with a good time.  We don’t send enough care packages to our nations most disgraceful, imo. 

8 hours ago, immamac said:

No im not im acting like firing on citizens of the United States is a very very very very bad thing, like the end of America bad. A thing that should never ever happen under virtually any circumstance. Fuck all those people who did that, but it doesn’t mean indiscriminately fire on a crowd of our own citizens as a form of crowd control. 

Get the fuck out of here with this nonsense.  It is a MIRACLE only one of the January 6th nutjobs ate it.  At what point in your mind are they entitled to use lethal force?  These people set up a noose outside the capitol.  They beat dozens of police officers.  They were within a few feet of getting their hands on some real senior folks in Congress.  Do you think only one person would have been shot if these were BLM protestors?  I'd say its much more "the end of America" bad that the feds let these right-wing terrorists (that's right, terrorists) storm the capital because the orange man wanted it to happen.

• Hook 'Em 4

Makes me think of Kent State.  Except everything is reversed.   Instead of the establishment of rich white power brokers sending the police or military to subdue a protest, they backed the protestors while they attacked the police.  Maybe this is one of the lessons they came out of the late 60s and early 70s with.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Hours of hand to hand combat with cops. Take the location and importance away for a moment. Hours of hand to hand combat with cops. And they bitch about the one person who was shot (while crawling through broken glass trying to get to our elected representatives, who were in hiding). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I don't know why those 3-4 cops gave up their ground just before Babbitt got shot, but they held in there for quite a while.  I would have had my weapon drawn.  I assume they were ordered not to do so, although the cops behind the door did so.

There are a lot of "patriots" who are lucky to be alive.

• Like 2

There seems to be an issue here on understanding what the fuck I’m saying. Fuck all these mother fuckers. Do I wish all of them were dead? Would we be better off if they were? Fuck yes. Seriously fuck every last one of these pieces of shit. Do I think the US government should be the ones doing them in? No. That’s it. That’s my stance. 

some of you are just frothing at the mouth for some conflict or something wtf is wrong with some of you. 

• Hook 'Em 2

There seems to be an issue here on understanding what the fuck I’m saying. Fuck all these mother fuckers. Do I wish all of them were dead? Would we be better off if they were? Fuck yes. Seriously fuck every last one of these pieces of shit. Do I think the US government should be the ones doing them in? No. That’s it. That’s my stance. 
some of you are just frothing at the mouth for some conflict or something wtf is wrong with some of you. 

I’m not frothing at the mouth for conflict.
The conflict has already happened, and they’re bucking to make it happen again.
I’m frothing at the mouth to END it. The time-honored way. By wiping out the ones who started shit. Follow the rule of FAFO, and peace will follow the FO part.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m frothing at the mouth to END it. The time-honored way. By wiping out the ones who started shit. Follow the rule of FAFO, and peace will follow the FO part.

They may not be dead, but over a thousand are basically wiped out.  Many now have felony records, they’ve lost jobs, businesses, real estate licenses, homes, relationships, marriages, families, and quite a few are in prison (some have long sentences as well).

Trump whines and moans on social media or at rallies or press conferences, about them getting out to support him, but hardly anybody shows up to cheer him on or try and interfere when he has to show up in court.

Yes, it’s not a bullet to the forehead, their blood spilling out on the steps of the Capitol, but a shitload of them fucked around and eventually the courts helped them find out, and it’s really cooled down a lot of people, who decided Trump is not worth going to jail for.  MAGA May love how he can make them feel, and they may rant about the DOJ or courts, but very few are willing to actually show up and support him in person when his limo rolls up to whichever courthouse he is currently having to show up at.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

52 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know why those 3-4 cops gave up their ground just before Babbitt got shot, but they held in there for quite a while.  I would have had my weapon drawn.  I assume they were ordered not to do so, although the cops behind the door did so.

I've wondered why those cops left as well. Is it possible that the tactical police team that were on scene immediately after the shooting were there to replace them and had given them the signal to move out? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

8 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I've wondered why those cops left as well. Is it possible that the tactical police team that were on scene immediately after the shooting were there to replace them and had given them the signal to move out? 

I figured it had to do with whoever they were protecting being moved out.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I figured it had to do with whoever they were protecting being moved out.

Makes sense.  Go ahead, break through the door (into a drawn pistol).  There's nobody back there anyway.

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Makes sense.  Go ahead, break through the door (into a drawn pistol).  There's nobody back there anyway.

I thought there was something about Pence being moved to a limo, and Pelosi being evacuated as well.  Where Babbit was going though, I thought those were basically the safe rooms of the moment.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I thought there was something about Pence being moved to a limo, and Pelosi being evacuated as well.  Where Babbit was going though, I thought those were basically the safe rooms of the moment.

I think it was the Speaker's chambers.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

some of you are just frothing at the mouth for some conflict or something wtf is wrong with some of you

How much time do you have

• Haha 2

Trump didn't write his "stay peaceful" tweet.

Sources also said former Trump aide Nick Luna told federal investigators that when Trump was informed that then-Vice President Mike Pence had to be rushed to a secure location, Trump responded, "So what?" -- which sources said Luna saw as an unexpected willingness by Trump to let potential harm come to a longtime loyalist.

More than a half-hour after Trump was first pressed to take some sort of action, Trump finally let Scavino post a message on Trump's Twitter account telling supporters to support law enforcement and "stay peaceful." It was 2:38 p.m.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/special-counsel-probe-uncovers-new-details-trumps-inaction/story?id=106131854

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

13 hours ago, immamac said:

So when terrorists are attacking the seat of our democracy, you don't think the government should be the one stopping them? I'm seriously at a loss trying to understand what it is you're arguing. The whole situation is ugly, no argument. But the source of this ugliness is 100% on one side. Both-sides blaming the side trying to stop/prevent the ugliness is bizarre. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Back when I was watching this develop in real time and much more active on the board here, Twitter was not the hot mess it is now. Roger Stone, Ali Alexander, and representatives from the Senate and House were doing a fine job on their personal accounts of fomenting the events of January 6th. One can parse out the details of line-skirting verbiage by the smarter reps (looking at you Ted) or why certain enforcement agencies were or were not called or prepped or what have you. But our country was thisclose to having duly elected individuals killed from mob violence. That anyone lost their lives that day was a tragedy and the officers that were injured defending the transfer of power that was anything but peaceful comes down to one party and specifically one person. The insurrection came from within and it was supported by those who spit on the idea that citizens have the right to elect whom they please.

• Like 2

He brought them to DC, sent them to the Capitol to "fight", and then sat and watched it on tv for three hours. Of course he didn't try to stop it. This is what he wanted.

I don't know how you stack that up against, say, invading Iraq, but... worst thing a president has ever done?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He brought them to DC, sent them to the Capitol to "fight", and then sat and watched it on tv for three hours. Of course he didn't try to stop it. This is what he wanted.

I don't know how you stack that up against, say, invading Iraq, but... worst thing a president has ever done?

Yes, worst thing a president has ever done to the US.  It's like if Lincoln had not sent the US soldiers out to fight the traitor confederates.  And had actively supported the traitors.  From a purely sovereign nation perspective, absolutely worst thing a president has ever done.

• Hook 'Em 3