Reservation Dogs

Scary Stranger

I tried to get into Maron's podcast but I just don't like it, not the style of podcast I like. But his role here and in GLOW are incredible. Perfect casting. I'm definitely a fan of his acting.
If you like this show, you should catch Marc Maron's interview of Sterlin Harjo. As for his other podcasts, I only listen to certain people and usually skip the first 10 minutes of Maron's complaining.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:
4 hours ago, 'stache said:
I tried to get into Maron's podcast but I just don't like it, not the style of podcast I like. But his role here and in GLOW are incredible. Perfect casting. I'm definitely a fan of his acting.

If you like this show, you should catch Marc Maron's interview of Sterlin Harjo. As for his other podcasts, I only listen to certain people and usually skip the first 10 minutes of Maron's complaining.

Good rec. I'd like to hear another visit. It was cool Maron did his research on some of the movies.  I hadn't heard Sterlin talk about them very much. 

11 hours ago, kevwun said:

Same, my aunt used to call me and my cousin shitasses when we were kids.

I used it more as an adjective.  Like a run down house is a shitass house or a piece of shit car is a shitass car.

Definitely started calling my dogs shitasses because of this show though.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

The old hippie in the waiting area.

From reddit

"Steve Mathis is a quiet legend in the film industry. If you say something like, “Man I love that Tom Petty song, Free Fallin.” Steve will reply something ridiculous like, “We had a lot of fun shooting that music video.” I worked on a crew with him where a few of us went to see Escape From New York at the local art house theater, after wrap. Sure enough, our DP jumped up during the credits and proudly shouted, “Steve Fuckin Mathis!” To the applause of our other crew mates. Anyways, it’s great to see him philosophizing with Wilhelmina Jaqueline!"

23 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

The old hippie in the waiting area.

From reddit

"Steve Mathis is a quiet legend in the film industry. If you say something like, “Man I love that Tom Petty song, Free Fallin.” Steve will reply something ridiculous like, “We had a lot of fun shooting that music video.” I worked on a crew with him where a few of us went to see Escape From New York at the local art house theater, after wrap. Sure enough, our DP jumped up during the credits and proudly shouted, “Steve Fuckin Mathis!” To the applause of our other crew mates. Anyways, it’s great to see him philosophizing with Wilhelmina Jaqueline!"

Was wondering who that was...he was great.

This show is excellent.  As someone mentioned above, funny + heart = win.

Also, just heard Harjo on Fresh Air as well.  Really good interview with Terry Gross.

Edited by hobbs

On 9/9/2022 at 2:52 PM, 'stache said:

He's the one of the best interviewers ever.  Astoundingly good. He's great as an actor, certainly in his comfort zone. 

None of his standup has ever caught my interest.

• Hook 'Em 1