What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Just wait until you see the final bill on Project Connect. Its already doubled in cost and halved in scope and they haven't even turned a shovel yet.

Need that guy that was on the board before they bond election spewing pro project connect bullshit to come back and apologize. 
Complete grift/money suck. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Some local dude bought the sign and pylons and put them up. Not remotely city/county sanctioned. I ignore that shit. I'm still waiting for some dude to try to stop me to enforce the bullshit. I'll ask him to write me a fake ticket.

slow.jpg

38 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Need that guy that was on the board before they bond election spewing pro project connect bullshit to come back and apologize. 

It still blows my mind that 240,000 people in Austin voted for a substantial tax increase to have the city and Cap Metro manage a gigantic infrastructure project. Anyone who knows an iota about the City of Austin knows that infrastructure isn’t exactly in the city’s wheelhouse.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Some local dude bought the sign and pylons and put them up. Not remotely city/county sanctioned. I ignore that shit. I'm still waiting for some dude to try to stop me to enforce the bullshit. I'll ask him to write me a fake ticket.

From my experience, city hall traffic groups take themselves very seriously.   Call them up and ask about the MOT permit for that area, who the permit holder is etc.  Theyll come out and probably throw the aides in the trash.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

Holy Fuck was that guy a piece of shit. You could tell he lives in some sort Fantasy Utopian city planner wet dream and was wrong about just about everything eh stated but had the arrogance of Terrell Owens. Complete fucking shitstain. It is definitely not  shock that he doesn't come around anymore since his fantasy land choo choo train has gone not even as bad as we told him it would, but actually worse.

• Rage+1 2

Just now, Orange&White said:

My bet is he is heading to somewhere like NYC for Today show. Dude is the NBC Golden Boy.

He definitely has the knack for what he does. Never seems to make a flub, handsome, smart. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

David Yeomans throwing up the deuces on Austin...

No word yet where he is headed.

He definitely has the knack for what he does. Never seems to make a flub, handsome, smart. 

Just saw him Saturday when he was emceeing at the Austin regional science fair.   Thought it was cool he was doing that, but yeah, he was never long for Austin.  

You'd better hurry up and rub one out to him before he's gone. 

Edited by Deej

12 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

CapMetro built a new McKalla Place stop (great idea, honestly).

Um, it cost $60 million dollars? The downtown library was $120 million. Q2 Stadium was $260 million.

Then the thing didn't even operate right, stranding people. Holy shit we are in deep.

CapMetro's new station is about a third of a mile from their existing station.  We paid $60 million to move the station 1500 ft to better serve the needs of the soccer population.  It will be used once every 1-2 weeks for four hours during soccer season.

Folks on reddit said that to get on a train you had to drive to one of the rail endpoints, park, and hop on there.  So to ride the rail to a soccer game, you have to drive to either Leander or downtown and find parking.  Then get on a train and ride halfway down the line.  Then fight for space on the train on the way back to your car, which is all the way at the end of the line.  Or ... you could pay for parking, walk a bit, and save yourself a few hours.

Rail is great for a steady flow of traffic but it sucks for special events.  Buses are great for special events, like Texas used to do for football games.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

CapMetro's new station is about a third of a mile from their existing station.  We paid $60 million to move the station 1500 ft to better serve the needs of the soccer population.  It will be used once every 1-2 weeks for four hours during soccer season.

Folks on reddit said that to get on a train you had to drive to one of the rail endpoints, park, and hop on there.  So to ride the rail to a soccer game, you have to drive to either Leander or downtown and find parking.  Then get on a train and ride halfway down the line.  Then fight for space on the train on the way back to your car, which is all the way at the end of the line.  Or ... you could pay for parking, walk a bit, and save yourself a few hours.

Rail is great for a steady flow of traffic but it sucks for special events.  Buses are great for special events, like Texas used to do for football games.

This is my EXACT argument against the YIMBY clowns.  Trains are the answer for mass transit.. Bull shit, you're not taking cars off the road, you're just changing the destination and adding time onto someone's commute.  Might be saving some fuel for the commuters, I agree.  But it's the equivalent of kicking out the mobile homes of a nice neighborhood.  They're not getting rid of the problem, they're just moving the issue out of sight.

And can't forget: the train stops traffic when it crosses roads, too, leading to vehicles idling while waiting 2 minutes for the 10 second crossing.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Yup, we take the CapMetro city bus to Q2.  Jump on at Northcross Mall and ride the couple miles north.  After the game they have a ton of buses idling, waiting to reverse the route, and we hop off back at Northcross. Super easy and requires only a fraction of the resource commitment that rail does.

8 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

We paid $60 million to move the station 1500 ft to better serve the needs of the soccer population.  It will be used once every 1-2 weeks for four hours during soccer season.

A couple of more years of the quality of soccer Austin FC provides and it won't be used at all. 

38 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I don't know about that dude but Bucee's is pretty absurd and is the perfect gas station version of 'Merica 

Yeah, Buc-ees is gross. I refuse to stop there and I 100% agree they have some good stuff to grab. 

22 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

20 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Holy Fuck was that guy a piece of shit. You could tell he lives in some sort Fantasy Utopian city planner wet dream and was wrong about just about everything eh stated but had the arrogance of Terrell Owens. Complete fucking shitstain. It is definitely not  shock that he doesn't come around anymore since his fantasy land choo choo train has gone not even as bad as we told him it would, but actually worse.

I think it was in this thread, which is actually gold to read if you start from the beginning.  @Pasken maybe?  

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2024 at 10:40 AM, crash_davis said:

One street in my neighborhood has fake speed limit signs and another someone put in a pair of speed bumps which I do not think are city/county sanctioned.

8 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

One street in my neighborhood has fake speed limit signs and another someone put in a pair of speed bumps which I do not think are city/county sanctioned.

Fire and EMS should refuse to service their streeet. 

3 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

This happened years ago in my old neighborhood.  Homeowners Association put them in without a vote or notification and the city made them remove them so we got to pay for them twice.  I no longer live in a place with a HA.

4 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

image.png.1e09fb67fcd1aa2dfdb450f33eba2be7.png

I’d love to see this useful idiot’s proposals to stop the sharing of CAD files (1st amendment), somehow undo the proliferation of 3D printers, or prevent people from using basic fucking hand tools. Wrap it up Home Depot, you’re done. If he wants to do it the way freedom hating states like NY do, it basically requires people to share pictures of their privately made firearm on social media. Then the state's legal machinery (that’s happy to catch and release actual violent criminals) can focus on crushing the otherwise law abiding citizen for a victimless “crime” that’s always been federally legal… king dipshit doesn’t want his ideas to be challenged but everyone else is snowflakes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

An Austin Independent School District employee was arrested in Comal County earlier this month and charged with DWI with a child under 15 years old, which is a felony, according to Comal County online court records.

According to the New Braunfels Police Department, 911 received multiple calls shortly after 2 p.m. on Feb. 11 about a white Dodge Journey driving recklessly and swerving in the roadway on Interstate 35.

Officers located and stopped the vehicle, which had three children inside. They were all girls, ages 9, 11, and 11, according to police.

Perp looks about as expected.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/aisd-teaching-assistant-arrested-charged-with-dwi-in-comal-county/

Edited by Deej

8 minutes ago, B00M said:

I’d love to see this useful idiot’s proposals to stop the sharing of CAD files (1st amendment), somehow undo the proliferation of 3D printers, or prevent people from using basic fucking hand tools. Wrap it up Home Depot, you’re done. If he wants to do it the way freedom hating states like NY do, it basically requires people to share pictures of their privately made firearm on social media. Then the state's legal machinery (that’s happy to catch and release actual violent criminals) can focus on crushing the otherwise law abiding citizen for a victimless “crime” that’s always been federally legal… king dipshit doesn’t want his ideas to be challenged but everyone else is snowflakes. 

Laughs in Texan... and then stops, thinks about it, and starts crying.

6 hours ago, texasdago said:

I don't know about that dude but Bucee's is pretty absurd and is the perfect gas station version of 'Merica 

Buc-ee's is a white trash tourist trap.  Only value to society is the clean shitters.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

So the Lost Creek disannexation vote has been set for May 4, with early voting April 20-29. 

So of course the City only put up on early-vote location.  And, I mean, why would they have more, right?  The ballot only affects three precincts.  So presumably the City put the early-vote location in Lost Creek, right?

Right?

Fuck no--they put it way across down at the Austin Permitting and development Center at 2222 and I-35.

You know--I was undecided about this issue.  But when you pull that kind of vote-suppressing shenanigans, it tells me that you know you don't have popular support.  And damned if I'm going to vote on your side when you're doing that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

So the Lost Creek disannexation vote has been set for May 4, with early voting April 20-29. 
So of course the City only put up on early-vote location.  And, I mean, why would they have more, right?  The ballot only affects three precincts.  So presumably the City put the early-vote location in Lost Creek, right?
Right?
Fuck no--they put it way across down at the Austin Permitting and development Center at 2222 and I-35.
You know--I was undecided about this issue.  But when you pull that kind of vote-suppressing shenanigans, it tells me that you know you don't have popular support.  And damned if I'm going to vote on your side when you're doing that.

You can’t early vote at the Randall’s in West Lake Hills?

Oops, I was thinking about the primary…

14 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Nope--only at this place I never heard of halfway across town.

And really, what the fuck is the City thinking?  Does it actually want Lost Creek to disannex?  Because guess who's going to show up at a distant polling place that's not well-publicized?  It's not the people who are like "well, I kind of like the City picking up my trash and I don't really have any complaints about it."  It's the pot-bangers who spent the last four years at the Legislature trying to get this vote in the first place.

The City is going to lose this election like 9-1, probably in large part because of its own vote suppression.

• Hook 'Em 1

Austin dating scene is wild. 

https://time.com/4782479/man-sues-date-for-texting-movie/

According to Austin’s American-Statesman, Vezmar has filed a slightly dramatic petition in small claims court in Travis County for $17.31, the cost of a movie ticket for a 3D showing of Guardians of the Galaxy, citing that the texting was a “direct violation” of cinema’s policy and reasoning on moral grounds that “while damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant’s behavior is a threat to civilized society.” Vezmar claims that his date began texting on her phone 15 minutes into the movie, using it at least 10-20 times and “adversely” affecting his viewing experience.

“It was kind of a first date from hell,” he said. “This is like one of my biggest pet peeves.”

He then suggested that she could go outside to text, at which point she left the theater and never came back. Vezmar also noted that since she left, he didn’t have a ride home since they had driven together in her car.

When the Statesman reached out to the woman for comment, she was unaware of the claim against her.

“Oh my God, this is crazy,” she said. “I’m not a bad woman. I just went out on a date.”

She said that Vezmar had called her to ask her to pay him back for the ticket, but she refused because he “took me out on a date.” She also said that she planned to file a protective order against Vezmar since he contacted her little sister about getting the money for the ticket.

Update. He was on a mission from God to address texting during movies.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/local/2017/05/18/man-plans-to-drop-his-lawsuit-against-woman-who-texted-during-movie/10422101007/

A man who sued a woman because she was texting during a movie on their first date at an Austin theater said he plans to drop the lawsuit Friday because she paid him back the price of her movie ticket.

“I feel that Crystal met me halfway,” said Brandon Vezmar, a 37-year-old communications company owner from Austin.

Cruz paid Vezmar back the money Thursday after the producers of the television show Inside Edition asked her to meet Vezmar outside the movie theater.

Vezmar said getting the money back wasn’t “the outcome he hoped for.”

“I felt ambushed because Inside Edition put me in a spot where I was forced to let the media steal the narrative as opposed to making the decision in my own time,” he said.

Vezmar said he mainly filed the lawsuit to address the issue of texting during a movie.

Cruz said Thursday she just texted three times in the movie theater to a friend who was having trouble with a boyfriend. Vezmar disagreed saying Cruz texted continuously for 15 minutes.

“I would not have filed a lawsuit over three texts,” he said.

He said he has asked his supporters on Twitter to donate $17.31 to a charity of their choice “out of respect for what I’ve done for them and the sanctity of the theater going experience.”

Edited by crash_davis
  • Drool 1