Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Short sleeve button up shirts with ties as far as the eye can see. It might be glorious, but calling it a rivalry today seems pretty strange.

Sure, but rivalries are good for sports, even invented ones. Since Texas is every one of the I8's biggest game each year, we have to give them replacements. 

Edited by Jasper_Jester

Whether they know it or not, conferences have reasons to exist. In a pre-NCAA dominant era, the SWC was formed to regulate the sports’ rules, on and off the field. After the NCAA took over in the ‘50s, the SWC became just a collection of schools with divergent (selfish) interests. 

The SEC is interesting. I have a copy of Woodruff’s 1928 book, “History of Southern Football”. Believe it or not, even back then they had a chip on their shoulder about regional pride. They exist to promote southern football (and are ok with a bitter rival winning the NC if their school can’t). It will be interesting to see how UT and OU fit in. 

The Big XII exists to provide the best marketing forum for 10 different schools. Big XII schools are happy with Texas being down if it helps their program feed. They are happy to be Lilliputians tying down Gulliver. I think back to the coaches’ vote in 2008 when Big XII coaches from TAMU, BU and OSU (not ISU) didn’t just vote Texas lower than OU, but several spots below IU, to hold Texas out of the championship game. A lot of Texas fans are still pushed about that. 

Of course, in 2009, Stoops sent Venablea to Tuscaloosa to give pre-game tips to Saban. 

going forward, will Big XII schools with opportunities to leave for more secure conferences jump, or stay out of camaraderie and loyalty to their peers? I think we know the answer. The Big XII is a forum to market individual programs. That’s why it was formed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This really is a luxury for a Texas that will have direct negative impact to 8 other institutions. You don't need this.  It does benefit you, but you already have more than everyone.  Hence the "selfish" accusation.  Texas ain't fighting for it's life here.

Again, you have every right to pursue this luxury.  It's capitalism and the American way.  We're just raw because the other schools in your position don't treat the blablablah I'm fucking repeating myself.  I think you get my point.  You don't have to agree with it.

The money might arguably be a luxury, but when recruits start saying they won’t commit to you because of your conference affiliation, it’s a matter of time before further mediocrity begins to affect that bottom line.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Godzillatron said:

This is on point. And honestly it’s not even the i8’s fault that Texas is leaving. There’s an alternate history where Texas beats ‘Bama in the title game, stays a national power over the next decade, doesn’t hire shitty AD’s and coaches, and puts the conference on their back and carries the B12 to the front of the pack.

Didn’t happen.

Yep.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, CHIEF said:

This is so true. ESPN has been beating the "SEC is the best" drum for a little over a decade. Even the SEC bottom feeders get more respect than all but the top 2-3 teams in every other conference. This is about recruiting. You either join due to the brainwashing of the best recruits, or you get left behind. This move really has nothing to do about money, Texas and OU were fine. It is about falling farther behind and becoming irrelevant. Donors and administrators want skins on the wall. Alumni aren't boasting about the money it is about bragging rights on the field. 

Our last two recruits Tapp, and Finkley picked Texas because of the SEC move. Arguably our next two most important to become competitive (Harris, and Stewart) have interest because of the SEC move. The big fish next year (Manning) it helps as well. This isn't about money, or even time slots, its about survival and staying relevant. It's nothing personal to the Irate 8, it's all about perception, and keeping eyes on your program. When no one wants to bid up your conference contract, the writing is on the wall how they feel about your conference. I truly believe that if ISU and Okie State went to the SEC, they would be firmly above Mizzu, Arky, Miss St., Vandy, and Usc. But unfortunately they will never get to prove it, and most people wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt. Hell, most of the SEC thinks Arky is going to mop the floor with Texas this weekend. ESPN and the SEC have been sniffing their own farts too long.

To be honest, I would much have the original Big XII over the SEC, for familiarity, and for the benefit of the original members. It wasn't the Big XII that forced this hand, it was the SEC.

benjamin-franklin-join-or-die.jpg

CHIEF

Until we blow it up anyway

grinning the grinch GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

The money might arguably be a luxury, but when recruits start saying they won’t commit to you because of your conference affiliation, it’s a matter of time before further mediocrity begins to affect that bottom line.  

Looking at recruiting rankings, it does seem that this has been more of an assumed hypothetical than a reality thus far.  I understand this is pro-active, but I think it's more likely that the unless Texas can unseat Alabama and Oklahoma that they're going to continue being mediocre (as you define it) in the SEC.  The odds of "getting back" were always higher in the Big 12.

That's why I think this is about home draws and TV money more than anything else.  It's pretty unlikely moving to the SEC is going to make Texas better at football.  What school that left the Big 12 has gotten better at football?  Aggy maybe?  But it seems like they are who they were.  But you get Bama/LSU/Aggy in Austin and more $, and I guess if you aren't going to be "back", you'll at least get more for it.

11 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

The biggest football rivalry in the new Big 12 is easily Farmageddon, the game that Kansas State always wins due to some hilarious Iowa State fuckup, other than last year when Iowa State won by about 60 points. 

Big 12 refs often play a heavy hand in Farmageddon shenanigans.

13 hours ago, CHIEF said:

This is so true. ESPN has been beating the "SEC is the best" drum for a little over a decade. Even the SEC bottom feeders get more respect than all but the top 2-3 teams in every other conference. This is about recruiting. You either join due to the brainwashing of the best recruits, or you get left behind. This move really has nothing to do about money, Texas and OU were fine. It is about falling farther behind and becoming irrelevant. Donors and administrators want skins on the wall. Alumni aren't boasting about the money it is about bragging rights on the field. 

Our last two recruits Tapp, and Finkley picked Texas because of the SEC move. Arguably our next two most important to become competitive (Harris, and Stewart) have interest because of the SEC move. The big fish next year (Manning) it helps as well. This isn't about money, or even time slots, its about survival and staying relevant. It's nothing personal to the Irate 8, it's all about perception, and keeping eyes on your program. When no one wants to bid up your conference contract, the writing is on the wall how they feel about your conference. I truly believe that if ISU and Okie State went to the SEC, they would be firmly above Mizzu, Arky, Miss St., Vandy, and Usc. But unfortunately they will never get to prove it, and most people wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt. Hell, most of the SEC thinks Arky is going to mop the floor with Texas this weekend. ESPN and the SEC have been sniffing their own farts too long.

To be honest, I would much have the original Big XII over the SEC, for familiarity, and for the benefit of the original members. It wasn't the Big XII that forced this hand, it was the SEC.

benjamin-franklin-join-or-die.jpg

CHIEF

It's more ESPN than the SEC.  ESPN has a monopoly on college football, which is the level of team sports where media perception and narratives trump actual results.

ESPN made this happen.  The SEC was their vehicle of choice.

• Hook 'Em 1

Is it ever time for the state’s flagship to rub shoulders with schools whose fans scream “fuck Biden” during football games?

I gave my tickets to a friend who had never been to a football game before (he was from Venezuela) and he reported back to me he was surprised how political the fans were as they were yelling “Fuck Gray Davis”.

WE JUST WON THE FUCKING FIESTA BOWL AND HAVE A 61,500 SEAT STADIUM THAT WE ACTUALLY FILL.
The only reason we're "sweating" is because this dumbass sport cares more about what happened 50 years ago than today.
ISU spent the last 10 years wildly upgrading our facilities and hiring a crazy good coach and turning around a historic shitbag into a tough fucking out.  We did what we were told we had to do.   We exceeded that.  But that's not good enough because some suit in Bristol says so.
I'm not really yelling at you, I'm just saying that a lot of these schools have done exactly what we were supposed to do.

It is not about what happened 50 years ago. It is about the current branding and national interest. Baylor is ignored as well. Regional schools with a small footprint are at risk in an unstable conference.

Oregon State isn’t sweating but if they are smart they are looking to what the future might hold and trying to position themselves in it to avoid a similar fate. 1-2 schools leave and join up with the B10 and they are screwed.

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Time to retire Window Cougar. BYU is in the big leagues...for now. 

“Big leagues” is relative. It is almost cruel that BYU is going to the B12 knowing that the SEC, Pac12, B1G, and ACC is walling off access to the playoffs and in effect now relegating the B12 to G6 status

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Time to retire Window Cougar. BYU is in the big leagues...for now. 

Their dreams come true, they're not only in a big league, they're the big dog of that league. They hold the conference's lone concensus national championship in football, have the most fans in the conference, and are the biggest stadium. Texas and OU's trash is BYU's feast.

20 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

“Big leagues” is relative. It is almost cruel that BYU is going to the B12 knowing that the SEC, Pac12, B1G, and ACC is walling off access to the playoffs and in effect now relegating the B12 to G6 status

the estimated value of the Big 12's media rights going forward puts them in a tier above G5. They'll be making around $25 million per school, where G5 schools tend to be around $5-8 million. They will without a doubt be the weakest, smallest, least powerful of the P5, but eventually the playoffs will expand and the Big 12 will have an inside edge on the G5 for a lower seed slot.

As weakened as the Big 12 is, it's still a huge step up from BYU. BYU isn't notre dame. Their media rights are worth around $8 million a year. Definitely G5 status, but in the Big 12, they will almost triple their value. And those estimates are already accounting for the loss of Texas and OU.

Edited by SEC
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, SEC said:

Their dreams come true, they're not only in a big league, they're the big dog of that league. They hold the conference's lone concensus national championship in football, have the most fans in the conference, and are the biggest stadium. Texas and OU's trash is BYU's feast.

the estimated value of the Big 12's media rights going forward puts them in a tier above G5. They'll be making around $25 million per school, where G5 schools tend to be around $5-8 million. They will without a doubt be the weakest, smallest, least powerful of the P5, but eventually the playoffs will expand and the Big 12 will have an inside edge on the G5 for a lower seed slot.

As weakened as the Big 12 is, it's still a huge step up from BYU. BYU isn't notre dame. Their media rights are worth around $8 million a year. Definitely G5 status, but in the Big 12, they will almost triple their value. And those estimates are already accounting for the loss of Texas and OU.

I’ll believe the media rights numbers when the final ink is dry and we also have the full details of the T3 and title game payout…

Im glad for BYU as a whole and always felt that they would end up being one of the winner in this round of realignment, but it just feels like all they did was go from an independent that was viewed as a fringe P5 school to joining a conference that keeps them as a being a fringe P5 playoff contender.

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I’ll believe the media rights numbers when the final ink is dry and we also have the full details of the T3 and title game payout…

Im glad for BYU as a whole and always felt that they would end up being one of the winner in this round of realignment, but it just feels like all they did was go from an independent that was viewed as a fringe P5 school to joining a conference that keeps them as a being a fringe P5 playoff contender.

I think there are enough eyeball tests for the Big 12 to pass as a P5 rather than a G5, although to be clear they're certainly at the line. Let's say media rights don't pan out, I still think this group of members can pull more than any other G5 conference. I would expect most members of the conference, excluding Kansas, to probably beat most G5 conference games they play in. Most importantly, they have a member who has a consensus national championship within my life time now with BYU. Every other P5 conference has multiple, but the G5 conferences all have none. The Iowa State dude above who has been melting down also notes how the new Big 12 would have two top 10 teams in the AP rankings right now, which no G5 conference has ever done.

Like, for all the shit the Big 12 got, it never was a bad football conference in terms of performance. Many seasons, it was top 2 in terms of competitiveness. I think the Pac 12 is overall a worse football conference outside of the heavy weight. I just don't feel like if you take out the top teams in the Big 12, the rest are instantly worse than all the other G5 conferences. Like, perception is king, and I still think schools like Texas Tech are historically a step above, say, Tulane.

I think the Big 12 has juuuust enough residual clout among all its members, plus juuuuust enough accomplishment in my lifetime, to differentiate themselves from G5, especially once playoffs expand.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The resistance will last about 3 more months when this year's Pac-12 champ is left out again. 

Right? The alliance doesn't do much to boost their playoff chances, any system with conference champs getting an auto-bid is something that benefits the Pac (and B12 vicariously if they retain P5).

It's not gonna be the Big 12 alone being left out of playoff spots, it'll just be a Big Ten team, an ACC team, and two SEC teams going forward most years.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The resistance will last about 3 more months when this year's Pac-12 champ is left out again. 

Yeah I assume this won't last.  The Pac 12 champ will be left out or for a couple years or half the Pac 12 (the North, lmao) won't hold up its end in the scheduling alliance and will fuck over the SOS of some B1G/ACC members who need a resume win and eventually the whole thing will implode. 

5 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

1) The fans of every school in the league hate the refs.  Every one.  

2) Yeah, we agree here.

3) Yeah, you see me giving Nebraska any kind of a pass?  I've always put them at the top of the reasons the original Big 12 broke up.

4) K.

5) The new Big 12 can be better than the Pac 12 and the bulk of the ACC.  It can't be better than the Big 10 and SEC.  I don't think this is a controversial statement at any point.  The Pac 12 fucking sucks.  It has "brands", I guess, but no one cares about those brands and they're actually not good at football.  This applies to a lot of the ACC outside of Clemson too.

That is a very dismissive comment.  Most people are unreasonable.  Some people are eating horse paste to cure a virus instead of taking a valid free vaccine.  People who can objectively see there is a problem can be correct and reasonable and on the same side of unreasonable people.  We know we have won games on officiating mistakes (against your school) and lost games on officiating fuckery.  It is not balanced.  Conference refused to address 2015 issue with officiating among others.  The conference also keeps bringing up the 'Horns down' stuff for some fucking reason.  Just call it taunting and deal with it, or don't and let UT taunt motherfuckers as well.  The officiating fuckery is not just bias but also incompetence.   Make a fucking decision is taunting OK or not?  That is all we asked.  They way it was enforced was simple, taunting Texas was fine, but Texas showing pride or taunting others was not acceptable.    Part of the reason I was so happy with the first game is that even though there were a crap load of calls against us, they were actually legit.  The mistakes the crew made were simply mistakes.  Not some systemic problem that we see over and over again.

I still look at reviews on products or restaurants online.  Being able to discern from the crazies, morons, and legit complaints is not a difficult task.   

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Looking at recruiting rankings, it does seem that this has been more of an assumed hypothetical than a reality thus far.  I understand this is pro-active, but I think it's more likely that the unless Texas can unseat Alabama and Oklahoma that they're going to continue being mediocre (as you define it) in the SEC.  The odds of "getting back" were always higher in the Big 12.

That's why I think this is about home draws and TV money more than anything else.  It's pretty unlikely moving to the SEC is going to make Texas better at football.  What school that left the Big 12 has gotten better at football?  Aggy maybe?  But it seems like they are who they were.  But you get Bama/LSU/Aggy in Austin and more $, and I guess if you aren't going to be "back", you'll at least get more for it.

Going to have to disagree with your first premise. Our issue over the last decade has been that we have sucked AND not developed players. Then they compounded that with the B12 conference vs SEC argument and rolled out the NFL draft stats to prove the point. That has resulted in schools like Bama, tOSU, and LSU coming into Texas and pulling the elite prospects that would have assisted in our return to the top tier of the sport. Hell, tOSU started an all Texas backfield for a couple of seasons with Dobbins and JT Barrett etc. There is no chance we would pull Vince Young under Tom Herman or Charlie Strong. 

While our recruiting this year started slower, it is picking up steam fast. in the last few weeks, we have gone into Alabama and Louisiana to poach linemen that both Bama and LSU wanted badly. Those schools can't sell the SEC vs B12 anymore, we have better academics as a selling point and proximity to home to go along with a proven staff. Aggy will be hurt by this move, but I would argue the schools that will be hurt most are tOSU and Bama because more of the elite prospects will stay home moving forward. What did Evan Stewart say a month or so ago? "If Texas joins the SEC next year I will sign with them right now." It matters and we will be great faster in the SEC than the B12.  

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

WE JUST WON THE FUCKING FIESTA BOWL AND HAVE A 61,500 SEAT STADIUM THAT WE ACTUALLY FILL.

The only reason we're "sweating" is because this dumbass sport cares more about what happened 50 years ago than today.

ISU spent the last 10 years wildly upgrading our facilities and hiring a crazy good coach and turning around a historic shitbag into a tough fucking out.  We did what we were told we had to do.   We exceeded that.  But that's not good enough because some suit in Bristol says so.

I'm not really yelling at you, I'm just saying that a lot of these schools have done exactly what we were supposed to do.

Look.  You are a Midwest 7, maybe 8 in the right light.  This makes you a U.S. 6 or maybe 7.   You have been hanging out with your friends Texas and OU who are 10's and going to parties on boats, and being flown to free vacations in Mexico and Colorado.   The guys there are rich, buy you all stuff, and are handsome.

But Texas and OU have moved on to partying with Prince's and Baron's in Europe and the hot, rich, cute guys are no where to be found.

You are realizing that you have 20 extra lbs, and not in the rights places, and that the main attention you are getting is some guy named Vic filling up your DM's.

So go to the gym, watch what you eat, get a make-over, and work on your own to find your new man.  He may think the new Applebee's commercials are awesome, and he may believe splurging on a Bloomin' Onion is living the high life, but he will love you for you.

18 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

ISU spent the last 10 years wildly upgrading our facilities and hiring a crazy good coach...

"We'll always be kinda mad about this.  You'll always feel like we should be grateful you graced us with your presence and all this back and forth isn't changing a single mind."

My God.  Who exactly was it that facilitated the extra revenue to you over the past 10 years to fund your facilities and coaching hires?  How'd that happen exactly?  But yeah, never any thanks to big old bad UT for that.  Ever.  Just feel good calling us assholes.  Like an irrational ex wife.

10 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Cool story Brett? 

A 1-loss divisional runner-up UT or OU whose only loss is to the other team would still have a very, very good chance at the playoffs.  I don't think the CFP committee really fucking cares that a 1-loss UT or OU missed out on a conf. champ game because the Big 12 is being vindictive.  

55 minutes ago, Scholz said:

"We'll always be kinda mad about this.  You'll always feel like we should be grateful you graced us with your presence and all this back and forth isn't changing a single mind."

My God.  Who exactly was it that facilitated the extra revenue to you over the past 10 years to fund your facilities and coaching hires?  How'd that happen exactly?  But yeah, never any thanks to big old bad UT for that.  Ever.  Just feel good calling us assholes.  Like an irrational ex wife.

The fact that you want credit for not pulling the rug out earlier just speaks to how differently Texas views this than literally anyone else.  Can you just recognize that?  And I'll recognize that we benefitted greatly and I appreciate that.  So thanks for what you did, we benefitted (and you actually did too).  You are better than Nebraska and Aggy.  "Eat a dick" for what you're doing.  Those aren't mutually exclusive or irrational thoughts at all.

That still doesn't mean you aren't dicks.  Especially when you're going to fatten the wallets of Vandy and Mississippi State and Kentucky.  And Missouri, you know, the school THAT ACTUALLY THREW YOU UNDER THE BUS.  They are the exact example of the Texas bashing ingrate that was used in this thread of why you're leaving the Big 12 and you're helping them now.  I'm sure you can see the irony in that.

You guys want credit for bringing value to the league (which you deserve) but have been completely unwilling to recognize that the Texas brand was largely built on beating up on all the schools you've left in the dust from the SWC through the Big 12.  It goes both ways.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You weren't behaving in a selfish prior to leaving, and I didn't say you were malevolent.

And I have routinely blamed those schools (save Colorado).

And truthfully, this isn't really your fault.  The reason this conference isn't "top tier" is because the media overlords decided to present that narrative and beat it into the minds of the sports watching populace.  When ESPN realized that they could literally neg this conference to death and get you guys into the SEC and create Prestige Worldwide for real, they were off running.  Over the past decade, this exact board has frequently shown all sorts of statistical analysis that Big 12 was NOT a second tier conference in terms of actual football - even with 10 teams.  It WAS a 2nd tier conference in terms of perception, and that was what finally forced OU and UT out.

I would argue that UT and OU could have just not cared about it because you guys were getting Top 5-10 recruiting classes and making shit loads of money, but as long as you were in the Big 12, ESPN was going to do everything in their power to make you hate it and make life harder for you here.

The perception was partly driven by OU's unique ability to suck their own dicks in the CFP. Had they won a few semi-final games instead of just being a stepping stone to the other semi-finalist maybe the Big 12 would have been perceived better. It also killed the conference that 2008 happened as well as 2015. The conference stepped on their own dicks by having the shittest tie breaking rules and costing Texas a shot at BCS title and Baylor a shot at the CFP.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

As it should be. Hell, Clemson is one ACC upset away from the ACC also being left out.

Georgia and Alabama will likely both make it no matter what happens in the SEC championship game. Most likely the remaining two spots will be picked from this group of teams Ohio State, ND, 1 loss Big 12 champion.

7 minutes ago, Best served cold said:

So what's the latest that anyone is hearing in terms of when we'll join the SEC? Is 2022 feasible?

Should be now that the BG12 has invited the JV squads to join. They'll want to get a jump on solidifying their basketball conference bona fides as quickly as possible.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/9/2021 at 12:37 PM, Huckleberry said:

Baylor and TCU are the main backstabbing ingrates right now, hence their position front and center in my list of schools I don't care about when it comes to landing spots. Oklahoma State occasionally from what I understand (which is obviously at least second hand info because I'm not a journalist) which I assumed was because they historically thought OU would protect them. But the Cowboys not as recently. 

I've always just considered Kansas as that guy in the corner covering his face by looking down when Texas's third tier rights "greed" is discussed. Those rascally Jayhawks.

Ironically to most people, another school I've never heard about leaking greedy Texas stories to the press is OU. I've only heard about those assholes grinning and saying no comment. I assume the grinning part was metaphorical but who knows with those shitheads. 

You are indeed correct a lot of it was historical, but the conference died a decade ago, it was just a slow death. By the time the smarter remaining schools figured out that shitting on Texas all the time wasn't going to work out for them long term, especially after the other 4 left them nowhere to go, it was too late. I won't deny that Texas has been at least contemplating more stable ground continuously since the SWC died. But that's just fiduciary duty when the Big 12 was unstable from the beginning, and Texas was not the sole or even majority reason for that instability, just a contributing one. 

What I am arguing and will continue to argue is that the Big 12 could have been that stable home if it hadn't taken the wrong turn at nearly every major decision point. Texas certainly helped steer the wrong way sometimes (see what I did there?) but not nearly every time. And that's exactly why some of us are saying better conference leadership from the beginning would have helped. You can say the conference network thing was a long time ago but consider how much different the world looks right now if the Big 12 Network had been the first successful conference third tier creation. 

Baylor I get. They should rot in hell. Figuratively and literally. 

But I don’t get the TCU hate. There’s this urban myth that GP negatively recruits against UT. That hasn’t come out in recruit stories. At worst, it appears that he points out UT’s recent lack of success against TCU. Shame on UT for letting that happen.

There’s also an easy counter to that—UT leads the series 63-27-1. TCU would need to win the next 36 years straight to get to .500. 

There is some recruiting crossover, but not much. UT shouldn’t feel threatened by TCU in the slightest from a recruiting perspective. TCU has two 5* recruits on its roster, the first two in the history of the program. Neither chose TCU over UT. 

OkSU and TCU are the ones I feel bad for in this deal. OkSU for being left behind by big brother. And TCU for getting hosed once again. They earned their way to the big boy table and it’s getting pulled away again. There’s a big difference between BU on the one hand, who got the B12 despite doing nothing to deserve it, and then doing squat except cashing checks for the majority of their B12 tenure, and TCU on the other hand, who is just getting hosed. 

Oh well, not UT’s problem. Off to presumably greener pastures. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, nnm said:

But I don’t get the TCU hate. There’s this urban myth that GP negatively recruits against UT. That hasn’t come out in recruit stories. At worst, it appears that he points out UT’s recent lack of success against TCU. Shame on UT for letting that happen.

There’s also an easy counter to that—UT leads the series 63-27-1. TCU would need to win the next 36 years straight to get to .500. 

There is some recruiting crossover, but not much. UT shouldn’t feel threatened by TCU in the slightest from a recruiting perspective. TCU has two 5* recruits on its roster, the first two in the history of the program. Neither chose TCU over UT. 

OkSU and TCU are the ones I feel bad for in this deal. OkSU for being left behind by big brother. And TCU for getting hosed once again. They earned their way to the big boy table and it’s getting pulled away again. There’s a big difference between BU on the one hand, who got the B12 despite doing nothing to deserve it, and then doing squat except cashing checks for the majority of their B12 tenure, and TCU on the other hand, who is just getting hosed. 

Lol. Well that's one way to be wrong. It's come on in dozens of recruit stories. It's come out in plenty of coaches stories...while they're fucking coaching at TCU still, and certainly after. Patterson called UT a wildly racist school to multiple fucking recruits this cycle and last after the Eyes of Texas bullshit. Pretty sure he has called UT a racist school well before that. Patterson can get all the way fucked, and you can get hopefully be somewhat educated.

Also, in regards to not much overlap, Quentin Johnson and Ross Blacklock think there might be some knowledge gaps in your premise. And that's off the top of my head. Lets see...Garrett Hayes...oh Savion Williams was a guy we tried to get late, lets see, Oh Atanza Vongor, Andrew Coker. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Earned their way?  I think cdc got deloss drunk and deloss wanted to whip it out to show the conference who’s the boss.  They were a horrible add

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Do you think Ok State or TCU wouldn't leave for the SEC if they had the option? No, so don't feel bad for them 

• Hook 'Em 1