New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)

mdmost

What I would like to see with a pod system is an emphasis on regional games. So pods would look like

Pod 1

Texas Ousux pig aggy

Pod 2

Miz Tenn Kentucky Vandy

Pod 3 

Bama LSU Ole Miss Miss st

Pod 4

Florida UGA SC Auburn

Do a permanent cross over game and get through all conference mates within three years

2 hours ago, HornsofBevo said:

What I would like to see with a pod system is an emphasis on regional games. So pods would look like

Pod 1

Texas Ousux pig aggy

Pod 2

Miz Tenn Kentucky Vandy

Pod 3 

Bama LSU Ole Miss Miss st

Pod 4

Florida UGA SC Auburn

Do a permanent cross over game and get through all conference mates within three years

Ok, Pod 2 is worse than a Big 12 pod.  4 and 1 are too tough imo.

We already know 3 of our 9 conference games. 

Assumptions: 

- Aggy kicks and screams their way into an annual game with Bama. Saban laughs, pats Bjork on the head,  and says sure. 

- Mizzou moves west or is in a pod with SEC West team. 

- LSU and Florida mutually agree to part ways. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Here are pods plus permanent eastern/western opponent:

WEST DIVISION:

Pod 1:

Texas plays Alabama

OU plays Georgia

Mizzou plays S.C.

Arkansas plays Vandy

Pod 2:

LSU plays Florida

A&M plays Auburn

Ole Miss plays Tennessee

Miss St. plays  Kentucky

EAST DIVISION:

Pod 3:

Alabama plays Texas

Auburn plays A&M

Tennessee plays Ole Miss

Vandy plays Arkansas

Pod 4:

Georgia plays O.U

Florida plays LSU

Kentucky plays Miss. State

S.C. plays Mizzou

This will bring more balance imo.

Edited by dirk

There's no chance that we don't get paired with aggy. I don't care what anyone on Surly says about little brother. The first time that game is played will be the highest attended game ever at DKR and tickets will go for an absolute premium after selling out in less than 24 hours. No way ESPN and the SEC are going to pass up that revenue to only play every now and then. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

We already know 3 of our 9 conference games. 

Assumptions: 

- Aggy kicks and screams their way into an annual game with Bama. Saban laughs, pats Bjork on the head,  and says sure. 

- Mizzou moves west or is in a pod with SEC West team. 

- LSU and Florida mutually agree to part ways. 

Not sure why this would be an assumption.  Alabama's dance card is already full.  They'll prioritize annual games wih Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU, over the ags.  And I don't believe the ags want to play Alabama annually anyway, they might say otherwise publicly, but they'll be delighted to get out from under that burden of an automatic annual loss.

36 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

ELI5 how you determine CCG participants with four pods. Semifinals between pod winners (either 1-4 seeds or two affiliated east and west pods)?

Most pod systems are basically variable division.  You play your pod (Pod#1) and cross pod rival (if necessary) each year (3 or 4 games) and your pod plays another pod (Pod#2) as well (4 games).  Since Pod 1&2 all played that makes a division and you can designate a division champion.  They following year Pod 1&3 make a division and the year after that Pod 1&4 make a division.  The advantage is to rotate the division makeup to allow for more game between teams that are going 12 years between home games.  By using this method you’d play every team home and away within 6 years.

Scenario 1: Assuming no rivalries this would only be a 7 games schedule, with rivalries it’s 8 games 4 out of 6 years.

Every year Pod 1

Year 1 - Pod 2 home

Year 2 - Pod 3 away

Year 3 - Pod 4 home

Year 4 - Pod 2 away

Year 5 - Pod 3 home

Year 6 - Pod 6 away

Scenario 2: if you go to a 9/10(w/ rivals) game schedule it you’d play even more frequently and could get it done in 4 years.

Every year Pod 1 plus rival

Year 1 - Pod 2 home, 1st half of Pod 4 away

Year 2 - Pod 3 away, 2nd half of Pod 4 home

Year 3 - Pod 2 away, 1st half of Pod 4 home

Year 4 - Pod 3 home, 2nd half of Pod 4 away

Year 5 - Pod 4 home, 1st half of Pod 2 away

Year 6 - Pod 3 away, 2nd half of Pod 2 home

Year 7 - Pod 4 away, 1st half of Pod 2 home

Year 8 - Pod 3 home, 2nd half of Pod 2 away

Year 9 - Pod 2 home, 1st half of Pod 3 away

Year 10 - Pod 4 away, 2nd half of Pod 3 home

Year 11 - Pod 2 away, 1st half of Pod 3 home

Year 12 - Pod 4 home, 2nd half of Pod 3 away

Scheduling out of pod rivalries is the difficult part, they have to have a fill in rival in another pod to make that work out.

For example Texas (pod1) is rivals with aggy (pod2) and we play every year.  So when pod 1 & pod2 are paired up we’d both need a replacement rival to fill our schedule.  Perhaps we take Auburn (pod3) and Georgia (pod 4) since when pods 1&2 are paired obviously 3&4 are paired too meaning they’d also need a game.  This could give us Georgia as our secondary rival which means we’d play UGA 4 out of 6 years in Scenario 1 and 11 out of 12 years in Scenario 2 (only missing in Year 6 or 8).

Still I’d prefer no rivalries if we get in the pod with our main ones.  3 games with your podmates plus a pod and half of another pod makes for simple 9 game setup.  Play every team in the conference in 2 years and visit every stadium in 4.

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Snip20210825_2.png.9be2d28a4a70740e9bd745028da950df.png

This looks good to me. Here's my pick for the non-pod permanent opponents:

Pod A
Georgia - Auburn
Florida - Alabama
Kentucky - Tennessee
South Carolina - Vanderbilt

Pod B
Alabama - Florida
Auburn - Georgia
Tennessee - Kentucky
Vanderbilt - South Carolina

Pod C
LSU - Arkansas
Miss. St. - Missouri
Ole Miss - Oklahoma
A&M - Texas

Pod D
Arkansas - LSU
Missouri - Miss St.
Oklahoma - Ole Miss
Texas - A&M

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

Pod A
Georgia - Auburn
Florida - Alabama
Kentucky - Tennessee

Pod B
Alabama - Florida
Auburn - Georgia
Tennessee - Kentucky

Pod C
LSU - Arkansas
Miss. St. - Missouri
Ole Miss - Oklahoma
A&M - Texas

Pod D
Arkansas - LSU
Missouri - Miss St.
Oklahoma - Ole Miss
Texas - A&M

Alabama-LSU would be the permanent x-pod rival

9 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

But, Arky also thinks they have a "rivalry" with LSU. Or do they willingly give that up for annual games with UT, OU, and Mizzou?

Arkansas won't be consulted, first of all.  :)  

The LSU fans I know view Alabama as a rival, and they've been in the SEC a lot longer than the pigs.

Edited by utee94

On 8/22/2021 at 11:08 AM, Huckleberry said:

sc1ixvy770m51.png

I assume someone just added Texas and OU to that

Why did Norf Carolina and Kansas make the skunt diagram?  It does divide pretty cleanly down the MS/AL border

Bama, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn

LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, & Agroid/Hog

That leaves both sides with reasonable programs as well as a collection of trash collect.

I kind of like the idea of no divisions or pods.  You have 1 permanent opponent (TX-OU, Bama-Aub, etc.) and everything else is a random round-robin.  4 best teams in a playoff to crown an SEC champ.  With 9 conference games, I feel pretty confident we'll get the 4 best teams and this won't reward a team for being in a weak pod.  This would help us avoid the 2008 Big 12 scenario.

7 hours ago, Saint Austin said:

Pod A
Georgia - Auburn
Florida - Alabama
Kentucky - Tennessee

Pod B
Alabama - Florida
Auburn - Georgia
Tennessee - Kentucky

Pod C
LSU - Arkansas
Miss. St. - Missouri
Ole Miss - Oklahoma
A&M - Texas

Pod D
Arkansas - LSU
Missouri - Miss St.
Oklahoma - Ole Miss
Texas - A&M

No way the SEC wastes 2 of its biggest brands with LSU/Arkansas (I get that’s a rivalry of the boot) and Oklahoma/Ole Miss.  LSU/Bama makes too much sense and both teams/fan will want to keep that game so it will happen.  That leaves Oklahoma and Florida as the remaining big brands, so pair them up since it makes a for good TV even if it’s forced…but that’s pretty much how UF/LSU became a ‘rivalry’, plus anything other than Texas, Mizzou, or maybe Arkansas is going to be forced with OU.

Outside of Bama/Florida I see you have 3 wtf or who gives a fuck games listed in Mizzou/MSU (I kept this one lol), OU/Ole Miss, Vandy/SC.  By pairing OU/UF I got that number down to 2 wtf/wgaf games.

Pod A
Georgia - Auburn (existing)
Florida - Oklahoma (new, made for TV game)
Kentucky - Tennessee (retaining)
South Carolina - Arkansas (?because they were rivals in until aggy/Mizzou joined?)

Pod B
Alabama - LSU (retaining)
Auburn - Georgia (existing)
Tennessee - Kentucky (retaining)
Vanderbilt - Ole Miss (existing, two of the smaller SEC schools big on Greek life, also sort of Nashville v Memphis as Oxford is just outside the Memphis metro)

Pod C
LSU - Alabama (retaining)
Miss. St. - Missouri (?because “M”?)
Ole Miss - Vanderbilt (existing, two of the smaller SEC schools big on Greek life, also sort of Nashville v Memphis as Oxford is just outside the Memphis metro)
A&M - Texas (resuming)

Pod D
Arkansas - South Carolina (?because they were rivals in until aggy/Mizzou joined?)
Missouri - Mississippi St (?because “M”?)
Oklahoma - Florida (new, made for TV game)
Texas - A&M (resuming)

• Hook 'Em 1

Now that they are talking about 10 conference games I plotted out a dual rivalry system which is installed to maximize games between the top 8 schools: Texas, Oklahoma, aggy, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and Florida (sorry Tennessee).

Here are the pods:

A1 (Texas, Missouri) A2 (Oklahoma, Arkansas)

B1 (aggy, Ole Miss) B2 (LSU, MSU)

C1 (Alabama, Vanderbilt) C2 (Auburn, Tennessee)

D1 (Florida, Kentucky) D2 (Georgia, South Carolina)

Here are the rivals (each has 2):

Group 1: Texas > Georgia > Auburn > aggy > Texas

Group 2: Oklahoma > Alabama > LSU > Florida > Oklahoma

Group 3: Arkansas > Tennessee > Kentucky > MSU

Group 4: Missouri > Vanderbilt > Ole Miss > South Carolina > Missouri

So 10 game conference schedule is your pod (3 games) a rivalry game (4 games total), the entirety of another pod that forms your division for the year (8 games total) and half of another pod (10 games total).  Because of OU in Dallas we’d rotate having 4 or 5 conference home games each year so that leaves us 1 OOC home game for Rice/UTEP/UTSA, and 1 Power 5 OOC that we can rotate home/home (that could be used for those Eastern ACC rivalries, or Bedlam), which will ensure we always have at least 6 home games.

You can use the rivalry pairs above to make a comprehensive schedule that can work. (Note: obviously I just did home/away for the entire pod but it would be more complex than that, this was just easier for my examples).

image.png.86a3a2446cf7a794151ea23c59859278.png

Year 1: Arkansas, @Missouri, vs OU, aggy, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, @Georgia, @Alabama, @Vanderbilt

Year 2: @Arkansas, Missouri, vs OU, @aggy, @LSU, @Ole Miss, @MSU, Georgia, Alabama, Vanderbilt

Year 3: Arkansas, @Missouri, vs OU, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky, @aggy, @Auburn, @Tennessee (note: again we will not actually play 2 away games in a row @aggy or 2 home games against Georgia this is easy to fix but I’m putting it this way because it’s easier to keep track of).

Year 4: @Arkansas, Missouri, vs OU, @Georgia, @Florida, @South Carolina, @Kentucky, aggy, Auburn, Tennessee

Year 5: Arkansas, @Missouri, vs OU, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, @Georgia, @aggy, @Ole Miss

Year 6: @Arkansas, Missouri, vs OU, @Alabama, @Auburn, @Tennessee, @Vanderbilt, Georgia, aggy, Ole Miss

Year 7: Arkansas, @Missouri, vs OU, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky, @aggy, @LSU, @MSU

Year 8: @Arkansas, Missouri, vs OU, , @Georgia, @Florida, @South Carolina, @Kentucky, aggy, LSU, MSU

Year 9: Arkansas, @Missouri, vs OU, aggy, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, @Georgia, @Florida, @Kentucky

Year 10: @Arkansas, Missouri, vs OU, @aggy, @LSU, @Ole Miss, @MSU, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky

Year 11: Arkansas, @Missouri, vs OU, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, @aggy, @Georgia, @South Carolina

Year 12: @Arkansas, Missouri, vs OU, @Alabama, @Auburn, @Tennessee, @Vanderbilt, aggy, Georgia, South Carolina

Year 13: repeat the cycle starting at Year 1

This way every team will play 5 of the top 8 schools in the conference each year.  You play every team home and away in a 4 year period, but not EVERY 4 year period, for example after playing LSU in Year 2 you wouldn’t see them again until Year 7 so an incoming Freshman in Year 3 wouldn’t see LSU until their redshirt Senior year, which while not ideal is better than what the SEC currently is doing.

@Huckleberry interested to hear your thoughts on the setup and SOS balance.

I'll defer to Sankey's leadership here because he's proven again and again to be the smartest guy in the room, but I'd prefer a 9 game conference schedule. 

If the SEC goes to 10 conference games, get ready for an OOC schedule of Rice and a UT System School every single year. I doubt Texas will want 10 conference games + Michigan/USC/Ohio State on their schedule. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...

Sankey on a podcast with Dave Pasch

- Mentions possibly a “single division format” when Texas/ou join the conference as there have been complaints about matchups not being played more frequently (cites Missouri going to Auburn for the first time this year, and how Georgia has never been to aggy).  The question is will there be 8 or 9 games, but regardless, it would allow for cycling of 4 years for every team. Wants to see all teams rotating through every campus frequently.

- Mentioned Texas/ou as a rivalry that will continue, and people have focused on Texas/aggy and Texas/Arkansas.  (And ou/Missouri rivalry in wrestling)

31 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Sankey on a podcast with Dave Pasch

- Mentions possibly a “single division format” when Texas/ou join the conference as there have been complaints about matchups not being played more frequently (cites Missouri going to Auburn for the first time this year, and how Georgia has never been to aggy).  The question is will there be 8 or 9 games, but regardless, it would allow for cycling of 4 years for every team. Wants to see all teams rotating through every campus frequently.

- Mentioned Texas/ou as a rivalry that will continue, and people have focused on Texas/aggy and Texas/Arkansas.  (And ou/Missouri rivalry in wrestling)

8 games would be retardo-maximo and only serves two purposes: 1) for aggy to avoid us like the pussies they are, and 2) for lower-tier teams to schedule pad with cupcakes to get to bowl eligibility, which is hyper-dumb with the 12-team CFP and further dilution of bowl games anyway.

Hopefully the adults in the room win out and get to 9 conference games w/ the 3 locked-in + 6 rotating.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 conference games, no divisions or pods.  Every team has 3 annual 'rivalry' games and plays another 6 other schools.  This would have every team playing each other at least once every two years and you can preserve most rivalries and create some big time money with new ones, like Texas-Alabama.

3 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

8 games would be retardo-maximo and only serves two purposes: 1) for aggy to avoid us like the pussies they are, and 2) for lower-tier teams to schedule pad with cupcakes to get to bowl eligibility, which is hyper-dumb with the 12-team CFP and further dilution of bowl games anyway.

Hopefully the adults in the room win out and get to 9 conference games w/ the 3 locked-in + 6 rotating.

No way they get the money they want from ESPN with only 8 conference games. If the SEC wants to stay in line with the money the B1G will be making from CBS/FOX/NBC they will be scheduling 9 or 10. Hopefully 9 as it allows for more marquee OOC games & it makes much more scheduling sense. 

With 9 conference games and a 3-6-6 setup here are the two models I think would work the best. This first one is mine I’m reposting from the realignment thread:

Alabama: Auburn (86 all time games played), Tennessee (103), Mississippi St (105). Notable miss: LSU (86)

Arkansas: LSU (68), Texas (79), TAMU (78). Notable miss: Ole Miss (68)

Auburn: Alabama (86), Georgia (126), Mississippi St (95). Notable miss: Florida (84)

Florida: Georgia (99), South Carolina (42), Oklahoma (2). Notable miss: Auburn (84), Kentucky (72), LSU (68)

Georgia: Florida (99), Auburn (126), South Carolina (74). Notable miss: Vanderbilt (81)

Kentucky: Vandy (94), Tennessee (117), Mizzou (12). Notable miss: Georgia (75), Florida (72)

LSU: Arkansas (67), TAMU (60), Ole Miss (110). Notable miss: Mississippi St (115), Alabama (86), Florida (68)

Mississippi St: Ole Miss (116), Alabama (106), Auburn (95). Notable miss: LSU (115)

Mizzou: Oklahoma (96), Kentucky (12), South Carolina (12). Notable miss: Texas (24)

Oklahoma: Texas (117), Mizzou (96), Florida (2). Notable miss: TAMU (31), Arkansas (15)

Ole Miss: Mississippi St (116), LSU (109), Vandy (94). Notable miss: Alabama (68), Arkansas (66), Tennessee (66)

South Carolina: Florida (42), Georgia (74), Mizzou (12). Notable miss: Tennessee (40), Kentucky (32)

Tennessee: Vandy (116), Alabama (103), Kentucky (117). Notable miss: Ole Miss (66)

Texas: Oklahoma (117), TAMU (118), Arkansas (79). Notable miss: Mizzou (24)

Texas A&M: Texas (118), LSU (60), Arkansas (78). Notable miss: Oklahoma (31)

Vandy: Tennessee (116), Kentucky (94), Ole Miss (96). Notable miss: Alabama (84), Georgia (81)

83% of future/former expansion members (Texas as the lone exception), will play at least one of the founding SEC members as a “rival”. Other models have had Oklahoma, Mizzou, Arkansas, and aggy all just playing each other and Texas in what feels like a almost separate expansion division which seemed less than ideal.

50% of the SEC: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas, TAMU, Vanderbilt all play their top 3 all time conference opponents in this model.

80% of the SEC: above plus Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi St, Oklahoma, South Carolina, will play 2 of their top 2 all time conference opponents.

Only Florida, LSU, and Mizzou will not.  Mizzou just doesn’t have a lot of history outside of OU (who they will play annually) so most won’t be concerned with them.

Pairing Florida and LSU makes sense however it messes with the rest of the pairings and LSU has about as much history with regional former OOC foes Arkansas (67) and TAMU (60) as they do with in conference Florida (68). LSU’s issue is losing games against Mississippi St (115) and big time games against Alabama and Florida but those lost games will be supplemented with games against Texas, OU, UGA, Tennessee and an extra home conference game every other year.

Florida gets UGA and plays geographically close South Carolina but then doesn’t really have another historic rival outside of Auburn (84) who already has their top 3, or Tennessee (52) which like LSU (68) is really just recency bias. Penciling in Oklahoma gives them a make up game for losing LSU, plus even if it’s a forced rivalry, it’s a made for TV game that will bring eyeballs.

The other model I think is pretty solid from the realignment thread is also below. This guy is a Gator fan so he forces Florida/Tennessee (52 games) over Tenn/Kentucky (117), and Arkansas/Mizzou (13) over Ark/LSU (67), after that everything just falls in line.

Its not a bad list, though taking away Kentucky’s top 5 rivals (including 2 they’ve played over 100 times) and replacing them with their previously forced “rival “ Mississippi State (50) and 2 expansion teams South Carolina (34)/Mizzou (12) seems a little harsh even if they are just a basketball school.

Still my biggest soap box issue with his model and other is the unbalanced Thanksgiving/rivalry week games, which would be LSU/OU (that’s primo content on a week that would already have the Iron Bowl, Egg Bowl, and half of the SEC/ACC matchups) and Arkansas/Mizzou. The only way this would make sense is if we play Arkansas on Thanksgiving, and aggy plays LSU, then you could put OU/Mizzou in there, but I wouldn’t bet money on UT/aggy moving off rivalry weekend.

On 9/14/2022 at 2:34 PM, Dnaguy said:

How to build your own 16-team SEC schedule | GatorCountry.com

Team Opponent 1 Opponent 2 Opponent 3
Alabama Auburn Tennessee Miss St.
Arkansas Missouri Texas Texas A&M
Auburn Alabama Georgia Vanderbilt
Florida Georgia Tennessee South Carolina
Georgia Auburn Florida South Carolina
Kentucky South Carolina Miss St. Missouri
LSU Miss Texas A&M Oklahoma
Miss Miss St. LSU Vanderbilt
Miss St. Miss Alabama Kentucky
Missouri Arkansas Oklahoma Kentucky
Oklahoma Texas Missouri LSU
South Carolina Georgia Kentucky Florida
Tennessee Alabama Vanderbilt Florida
Texas Oklahoma Texas A&M Arkansas
Texas A&M Texas Arkansas LSU
Vanderbilt Tennessee Miss Auburn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I hope we play OU every year until the end of time, but I hope we don't wind up with annual aggy and Arkansas games. Those games are usually lose-lose games for us and though close, they suck as destinations for the fanbase.  

I'd much rather play the rest of the league more often than annual trips to one of those shitholes every year. I hope they go one traditional rival and rotate the rest. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pods said:

I hope we play OU every year until the end of time, but I hope we don't wind up with annual aggy and Arkansas games. Those games are usually lose-lose games for us and though close, they suck as destinations for the fanbase.  

I'd much rather play the rest of the league more often than annual trips to one of those shitholes every year. I hope they go one traditional rival and rotate the rest. 

Rumor is they’ve narrowed it down to either the 3-6-6 model or a 1-7-7 model.

With 1-7-7 it’s fairly obvious lineup:

UT/OU, UF/UGA, Bama/Aub, OleMiss/MSU, aggy/LSU, pig/Mizzou, Vandy/Tenn, SC/UK

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Rumor is they’ve narrowed it down to either the 3-6-6 model or a 1-7-7 model.

With 1-7-7 it’s fairly obvious lineup:

UT/OU, UF/UGA, Bama/Aub, OleMiss/MSU, aggy/LSU, pig/Mizzou, Vandy/Tenn, SC/UK

The 3-6-6 works well & has a few variations. The 1-7-7 would almost have to be a non-starter since ESPN will require 9 conference games if they're going to get anywhere close to the B1G TV deal when they renegotiate with UT/OU having joined. My list of permanent opponents is probably more skewed to recent rivalries that I enjoy watching but it does keep the biggest games on the books which is what you want for TV $$$ purposes. The biggest one I go back & forth on is the LSU/a&m game. Obviously this is the one game a&m will moan and groan about but if you give them OU & take the Ole miss game & give it to LSU that would restore one of the longer ones while simultaneously pissing a&m off. Ultimately, I think that game stays (they do have 60 meetings so it has some history) & OU/Ole Miss becomes a forced rivalry.

Bama: Auburn, Tenn, LSU

Arky: UT, a&m, Mizzou

Auburn: Bama, UGA, MSU.

UF: UGA, LSU, KU

UGA: UF, Auburn, SC

KU: Tenn, UF, MSU

LSU: Bama, a&m, UF

MSU: Ole Miss, Auburn, KU

Mizzou: OU, Arky, SC

Ole Miss: MSU, Vandy, OU

OU: UT, Mizzou, Ole Miss

SC: UGA, Vandy, Mizzou

Tenn: UK, Bama, UF

UT: OU, Arky, a&m

a&m: UT, Arky, LSU

Vandy: Tenn, SC, Ole Miss

UT 2024: CSU, Michigan, UTSA, @UGA, Mizzou, @OU (dallas), BYE, @LSU, @Arky, MSU, @Vandy, @Auburn, a&m

UT 2025: @OSU, San Jose St., UTEP, UF, @Ole Miss, arky, OU (dallas), BYE, Bama, @SC, UK, @Tennessee, @a&m

UT 2026: TXST, OSU, UTSA, UGA, @Mizzou, @OU (dallas), BYE, LSU, @arky, Vandy, @MSU, Auburn, a&m (look at that home slate)

UT 2027: Rice, @Michigan, UTEP, @UF, Ole Miss, arky, OU (dallas), BYE, @Bama, SC, @UK, Tennessee, @a&m

As much as I just love welcoming & visiting TTU, ISU, KU, BU, TCU, OSU, WVU, & KSU I think maybe... just maybe... UGA, UF, LSU, Bama, Tenn, Ole Miss, Auburn, arky, & a&m will make up for those losses. 

6 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

Can someone please the ousux/Florida connection? I’ve seen that penciled in as a must have game for the meth heads  but seems like a matchup with piggy or aggy makes way more sense. 

The pharmaceutical companies can’t produce enough Adderall to keep up with demand. An OU Florida matchup will trigger a cascade of meth lab explosions that will become the equivalent of an atomic bomb going off in each state. 

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Nine conference games

No divisions

Three permanent opponents for each team, rotation for the other six each year.

Go

(please note this is not a pod system, so don’t call it that)

A pod by any other name would compel  to compete?

16 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Nine conference games

No divisions

Three permanent opponents for each team, rotation for the other six each year.

Top two records play for SEC championship

Go

(please note this is not a pod system, so don’t call it that)

This is the only system that makes any sense at all…

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)