Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

19 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Screenshot_20230824_121102_Chrome.thumb.jpg.202a63733d3ead06f89027e19f20bae2.jpg

So now they are in the same stratosphere as the 2 most recognizable teams in the country.  Got it

They nailed it. They’re the Yankees, the Cowboys, just mired in championship winning tradition. They’re the iPhone of mobile telecommunications. JFC

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Gotta say, I love to watch the exact same players go from "overrated recruits" to "massive talent advantage over the rest of the Big 12" to "overrated draft prospects" to "really good players that will be tough to replace" in the eyes of aggy depending on what point they are trying to make.

Image of She's my sister and my daughter!

• Hook 'Em 1

They're so convinced the BOMC is full of UT operatives with the sole mandate of making aggy look bad. Beyond the fact nobody is better at that job than themselves, exactly how many of these media people "hating" on aggy actually have ties to UT?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chopper said:

This was 3 pages back.

"We're just like Texas, USC, and Notre Dame."

"Kind of but actually we're more like USC and Notre Dame!"

image.thumb.png.a3d27159b98b47385927c9469b9e2c52.png

Let's talk about ancient reputation, aggy. 

Oh, and if you're not careful, comparing yourselves to the Yankees might just get Helobious on board with you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Absolute gold from Tarp.  Worth the read.

image.thumb.png.b9343b04dc69ca23efffdd960d3907f4.png

image.thumb.png.3f576d7cfc2658a3bc26f4a54f54e717.png

image.thumb.png.1f184ba1a5a88d4dc8794d7592ee0d70.png

image.thumb.png.0351c0eb4d831c17c2880293a6419055.png

image.thumb.png.c72eb81bb9902d3e7ac19e971b86b450.png

image.thumb.png.0920cf45564ce49ee5ffedf2c6672224.png

image.thumb.png.c5745c75f3cabbf93c618a14fb77e63b.png

Thank god people like Tarp don’t have any pull in Aggieland, they would probably actual make use of their potential if that level of self awareness was common.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.af504b46c54ccfe1cb1734e4b0d0bff7.png

I don't think we've ever won there, have we? The terror is too great to overcome. And the noise! Whoo-eee. The Longhorns will probably have some players die in the "fully armed" Kyle Field. Fucking dorks.

image.png.35a5b80bf2f68aed6e4a6a2faf4f7cee.png

Just stop writing letters to yourselves. Done!

My biggest concern is that they mean the "fully armed" part literally

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.af504b46c54ccfe1cb1734e4b0d0bff7.png

I don't think we've ever won there, have we? The terror is too great to overcome. And the noise! Whoo-eee. The Longhorns will probably have some players die in the "fully armed" Kyle Field. Fucking dorks.

image.png.35a5b80bf2f68aed6e4a6a2faf4f7cee.png

Just stop writing letters to yourselves. Done!

I'm fairly certain no one has genuinely ever called aggy classy 

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

My grandma got lost in College Station on the way to a game once , the young men there were nice enough to wash her hair , give her meds, and take her to the game ! 

How did they figure out which trailer she escaped from?

Edited by Vertigo

32 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just so’s I understand their collective consensus opinion:

1) we will lose more games because we lost bijan, who we leaned on for several wins, and can’t replace him 

2) achane was actually better than bijan despite the stats last season and draft order. 
3) aggy will be better even though they lost achane-who is better than bijan, and who they leaned on for several wins, because…here’s where I can’t square the circle. 

I mean, I’m still trying to square the logic from years ago about how (1) Mack wasn’t a good coach (he just out-talented teams), (2) VY wasn’t that good (he was just surrounded by talent), and (3) Texas’s overall talent wasn’t that good (recruits get bumped up because they were going to Texas)…and they maintained these arguments despite Texas going 24-1 over a 2-year span. Once I figure this out, I’ll try to help with the 2023 version.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just so’s I understand their collective consensus opinion:
1) we will lose more games because we lost bijan, who we leaned on for several wins, and can’t replace him 
2) achane was actually better than bijan despite the stats last season and draft order. 
3) aggy will be better even though they lost achane-who is better than bijan, and who they leaned on for several wins, because…here’s where I can’t square the circle. 

It’s like a Zen Koan, only instead of enlightenment you become dumber.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/26/2023 at 2:33 PM, bad_teammate said:

Went and rewatched the A&M/App State highlights again. It's amazing how fucking inept they were.

I did the same thing and Tarp is right. On the 3rd town to clinch the game aggy lined up a 6’6 280 lb freshman dlineman 10 yards off the ball at linebacker while App State ran right up the middle for a first down to win it. 

• Drool 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread