Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

They still have no grasp of how NIL works.

The main idiot didn't bother to checkout that Baker's commitment date had been set for some time.

Assumes that their guy was the prize we were looking for instead of the top tackle in the country.

Their guy didn't tell us to pound sand. He scehduled an OV which prompted Aggie bagmen to visit him.

Idiots.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The main idiot didn't bother to checkout that Baker's commitment date had been set for some time.

Assumes that their guy was the prize we were looking for instead of the top tackle in the country.

Their guy didn't tell us to pound sand. He scehduled an OV which prompted Aggie bagmen to visit him.

Idiots.

Surprised?   At all?

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Surprised?   At all?

Interesting question. I guess I'm not surprised, but my jaw still occasionally drops in the face of such persisting idiocy from people who are attending or graduated from college. No critical thinking, rare application of actual logic, and a fierce dedication to repeating lies that they know are lies.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Idiots.

You're shocked that aTm is presenting something that is the complete opposite of reality? It's who they are, and have always been. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Interesting question. I guess I'm not surprised, but my jaw still occasionally drops in the face of such persisting idiocy from people who are attending or graduated from college. No critical thinking, rare application of actual logic, and a fierce dedication to repeating lies that they know are lies.

1.) We're making a big leap that all of those twats actually graduated from college
2.) We're also probably being generous when we call that shithole a college. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Idiots.

Projection is their primary coping mechanism.  Every accusation is a confession.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Just remember that the average person is stupid.  Half are therefore dumber than average.  Aggy admits primarily from that dumber half.  Therefore the gradient of Aggy posters includes those that are just above the level of what many consider animal intelligence.   

It's the only thing to explain why someone on a football forum doesn't understand basic tenets of NIL by 2023.   Nothing else computes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Acropora said:

Just remember that the average person is stupid.  Half are therefore dumber than average.  Aggy admits primarily from that dumber half.  Therefore the gradient of Aggy posters includes those that are just above the level of what many consider animal intelligence.   

It's the only thing to explain why someone on a football forum doesn't understand basic tenets of NIL by 2023.   Nothing else computes. 

Spike Lee What GIF by NETFLIX

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That imbecile created a rube goldberg of recruiting scenarios to get to the spot of “Texas had to pay big for their second choice. “

He has Texas largely ignoring a guy in Cali that was apparently headed to Georgia, even though the dude ruled out UGA months ago and Texas has been recruiting him hard for 2 years. Then, he has Texas sending henchmen in the media into the On3 rankings mechanism to boost Weston Davis to a 5 star so Texas could get the pub. Then Texas moneywhips Davis into announcing a visit. Virtuous aggie coaches then show up and Davis sees the light, warding off the evil Texas energy. Texas, suffering a defeat to the righteous, slinks off and then digs up a small fortune that it had squirreled away for Weston Davis, and forces the carpetbagging lesser recruit to capitulate to the all mighty dollar and suddenly rush to announce his commitment to Texas. Texas needed that to save face from the the very public loss of another guy who has been committed elsewhere for months. 

It all makes a ton of sense. To someone. Somewhere. 

I mean, that’s basically just TexAgs, right? You can just rip out the names and replace them with the next set of recruits. The fan fiction there reads like Harry Potter or the Chronicles of Narnia… except written by 2nd grade kiddos that need a nap. Every battle vis-a-vis Texas is a new chapter in the epic story of ultimate victory. Personally, I can’t live without it. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit

4 minutes ago, ajax said:

There's their excuse for the rest of the season. Never mind the fact that their offense was anemic against Miami and they were only able to move the ball against Auburn once Johnson came in.

Jimbo woulda likely filled in the last two digits on the plaque.  Can’t fire him now.

38 minutes ago, ajax said:

There's their excuse for the rest of the season. Never mind the fact that their offense was anemic against Miami and they were only able to move the ball against Auburn once Johnson came in.

IMO Johnson just surprised an Auburn D that had prepped for Weigman, which was working. One of Johnson’s TD passes should have been an end zone pick if the safety didn’t have his head up his ass.
Also, if Auburn had a QB that could hit a lake standing on the shoreline they would have won that game no matter who was aggys QB. Nobody will be unprepared for Johnson going forward and they will be coming after him. Johnson is on the endangered list with that aggy O-line and being the only option for aggy. It’s going to be interesting to say the least. That team may quit on Dimbo if they struggle with Johnson.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 5

26 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

With all the standard caveats about the Aggie take on NIL, is it “overpaying” if you end up with “elite OL” that also leads to “the best QBs and RBs?” Especially as compared to buying a 5-deep on the DL?

Stupid sip, everyone knows that you overpay for the head coach and the results trickle down....wait

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Stupid sip, everyone knows that you overpay for the head coach and the results trickle down....wait

Honestly, I was less taken aback by the ignorance involved — a lifetime around Aggies will desensitize one to that — than by the implicit acknowledgment of elite OL and best QBs and RBs. The cognitive dissonance between all the sips being overrated and the sips actually having elite players isn’t going to end well for them. 

I guess we’ll see if they use the QB situation to explain how they could lose to a down Alabama teams that the sips beat. It feels like they’re still in the “this is actually an upgrade” part of the rollercoaster ride. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I guess we’ll see if they use the QB situation to explain how they could lose to a down Alabama teams that the sips beat. It feels like they’re still in the “this is actually an upgrade” part of the rollercoaster ride. 

They'll soon be talking about early playing time for early enrolling QBs / OLine and wondering why there aren't getting any recruiting or transfer momentum 

Jimbo may make a very late stale move at OLine coach , but it will be an underwhelming mercenary hire to keep the seat warm for whoever takes over post jimbo 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

12 hours ago, deft said:

Didn’t they pay like 20 defensive lineman to go there? Why skimp on the other line?

Their jizz-jar-filling best year evah with JFF was significantly enabled because of the NFL OL that Sherman had built. Only to be forgotten. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Jimbo had shitty OL at FSU also. It was one of the biggest complaints the FSU fans had.  I don't know how he ended up not valuing OL, but it's hilarious.

I legit think it might be ego about his scheme.

Given their allocation of "NIL" funds, it's clear he values dline.

The only thing I can come up with about clearly undervaluing oline is that he believes his scheme can work without superstar oline.

If there's anything Jimbo has proven in his time at aggy, it's a stubborn belief that his scheme is what they need to win despite ample evidence to the contrary.

It just feels like the guy has tunnel vision on everything with his offense outside of that cheesecake factory menu playbook.

Edited by Bill Lumbergh