Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

29 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

I'm so confused. They beat Miami with Johnson but beat Bama with Weigman? Their offense must be too sophisticated for my simple mind

No, you need King to beat Miami. Aggy just hadn't figured out the formula before the season started. Likely due to the media or BOMC.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RomaVicta said:

And they were so together and dominant after the big wins over Auburn and Arkansas.

I think Alabama was a trap game for the TexAgs Aggies who were looking ahead to beating Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.

Sad, really.

Really, it's just bad luck that Bama picked the week of the aggy game to suddenly discover playmakers at WR and Milroe began figuring out the passing game. Just really unfortunate timing for the ags.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Foosters said:

No, you need King to beat Miami. Aggy just hadn't figured out the formula before the season started. Likely due to the media or BOMC.

This is correct and is rooted in vector calculus.   Miami has gotten worse since they beat ATM,  while AL has improved dramatically since losing to Texas.   See Lucci's work below:

Top Calculus Math Stock Vectors, Illustrations & Clip Art - iStock |  Calculus class, Math equations, Trigonometry

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyLegit said:

I'm so confused. They beat Miami with Johnson but beat Bama with Weigman? Their offense must be too sophisticated for my simple mind

I get aggy love for a hurt QB that would have won, but it's not like Weigman has looked good against actual teams. He had a 55% completion rate last season, this season against the only 2 teams with a pulse he played against he was 58% and 57%.  Max Johnson has a better completion rate every year he has played including this year against actual competition. Johnson feels like a much better fit for the offense they are running.

22 hours ago, Jebus said:

How are these guys gonna respond when they see that beating mighty A&M on the road at the vaunted Kyle Field didn't even move Alabama up a single spot from #11?

What about the fact that their other "good loss" Miami is just barely hanging on at #25 (and ranked behind #23 Kansas by the way)?

AND...what about wins Against Top 25 Teams?

ATM 0

Wyoming 1

WHOOOOOP

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, did their narrative fucking change on a dime vis a vis Alabama. Three days ago, it was the weakest Alabama in years, and now it's week 2 Alabama is not the same as week 6 Alabama.

This is their modus operandi , called this as soon as we beat Bama.  

The fun part is to see whether the train comes off the tracks again 

21 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, did their narrative fucking change on a dime vis a vis Alabama. Three days ago, it was the weakest Alabama in years, and now it's week 2 Alabama is not the same as week 6 Alabama.

Yep.  According to one aggy poster in one of those screenshots, that's the most talented team Alabama has ever had.  And he wasn't being sarcastic/facetious.  

The Tennessee game is a guaranteed "no lose" for us, fellow Surlyites.  Either Tennessee mudholes aggy and the "Fire Jimbo" chants reach a fever pitch, or A&M somehow manages to pull the upset, which puts the rollercoaster right back on the tracks and sets aggy up for major disappointment down the road.  Frankly, I'm having a hard time deciding which one I would rather see.      

• Like 2

I get aggy love for a hurt QB that would have won, but it's not like Weigman has looked good against actual teams. He had a 55% completion rate last season, this season against the only 2 teams with a pulse he played against he was 58% and 57%.  Max Johnson has a better completion rate every year he has played including this year against actual competition. Johnson feels like a much better fit for the offense they are running.

You shut your whore mouth. That’s the gooderest aggy qb evar! Have you seen what he’s done to lower half sec and fcs teams!?
  • Haha 1

Lose that game and they are staring 7-5 in the face.  I still don't think that would get him fired.  I really do not think they want to push the reset button the year before we join the SEC.  It would probably mean 1) they are starting over at lots of key positions (QB), 2) we'd get a recruiting blip that they don't want to see happen, and 3) it would ruin their cherished first meeting at Kyle Field that their corrupt AD delivered to the masses.  But, then, if the do lose to us in '24 then the band aid will be ripped off clean.  Everything they do is best seen through the lens of how they think it affects us.  

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Yeah, that's going to be a no brainer for me. Put me down for the mudhole. The muddier and holey-er, the better.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I will be cheering wildly for Tennessee and singing Rocky Top at the top of my lungs on Saturday. No brainer for me.

Oh, a Tennessee win would certainly be delicious.  And that's the way I'm leaning simply because I can't really find it in me to root for the gomers.  

But I also have visions of Ags getting a glimmer of hope only to see it all dashed into a thousand pieces like a jizz jar being dropped on concrete when the rollercoaster flies off the tracks against the likes of South Carolina or one (or both) of the Mississippi schools. 

Like I said -- it's a no lose situation for us.     

Edited by Carl Spackler

Oh, a Tennessee win would certainly be delicious.  And that's the way I'm leaning simply because I can't really find it in me to root for the gomers.  
But I also have visions of Ags getting a glimmer of hope only to see it all dashed into a thousand pieces like a jizz jar being dropped on concrete when the rollercoaster flies off the tracks against the likes of South Carolina or one (or both) of the Mississippi schools. 
Like I said -- it's a no lose situation for us.     

They could lose every game from here on out but some of them are still going to see jimbo in their bowl of cheerios and be convinced that it’s a sign from above. That glimmer of hope always comes back for the most unreasonable reasons over there. Let’s enjoy their asses getting beat.

Milton will have to play his best game this season to mudhole aggy. He’s turnover prone and can’t/won’t run. And the aggy defense is playing relatively well. 

I can’t argue with that aggy road record though. I think they’ll lose, but it’ll be close. 

5 hours ago, Getafix said:

These guys ... they're something else.

Movie gif. Actor James Franco as David in The Interview stands at a podium and delivers an international address. "Same" he says, while pointing. He waves his hand in front of his face and continues "But different..." before pointing again "But still same."

image.thumb.png.6571145040d83fd949293815c2fd19a5.png

(Except for that "win" thing ... lulz.)

Mrs. Lincoln had every ingredient to enjoy that night at Ford's theater.  The war was over, the President was relaxed, she liked her companions Major and Mrs. Rathbone, and the play was hilarious. She just couldn't get over the hump and forget that awful thing that happened. 

• Like 1

These guys ... they're something else.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47seeiz7c3l4buun6ycoovcyye85ee0v3itqrysrwx&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

image.thumb.png.6571145040d83fd949293815c2fd19a5.png

(Except for that "win" thing ... lulz.)

The next Georgia? aggy seems to have forgotten that up until very recently the dawgs went through like a 35-40 year dry spell. Of course even if it's 40 (too lazy to look it up) thats still less than half the time aggy has been wandering in futility.

This sounds like an idea that will help with recruiting:
Similar to how some countries require mandatory military service, I think a good idea to instill discipline and Aggie core values into football players is to make them serve in the corps for at least 2 or 3 years. I think this would solve the off field issues as well as the small on field discipline issues like false starts and offsides. Any thoughts?
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3409417
Lol, which one of you is brad niven and how did you manage to get the ag tag?
  • Haha 1

I notice that they are now touting Alabama as "the most talented team in the nation" using the source that says the Aggies are number 4. They say it as if it has any meaning at all compared to on-field performance.

If anything, team performance is indicating how worthless the rating system is. You are what your record says you are.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I notice that they are now touting Alabama as "the most talented team in the nation" using the source that says the Aggies are number 4. They say it as if it has any meaning at all compared to on-field performance.

If anything, team performance is indicating how worthless the rating system is. You are what your record says you are.

Same group of guys that Texas beat, though.  Seemingly the only team to have improved over the past month, in their estimation. 

Now that aggy has lost its second game, there’s no denying that Alabama is the best 1 lost team in the country!

/aggy

17 hours ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.8c57b169c6bce8cce7e3ba37c1f4a33d.png

Yes, the character of the recruits a coach brings in actually IS that coach's responsibility and the fallout from those choices IS that coach's fault.

It's not super common that people involved are genuinely surprised by someone coming into a program and behaving like a menace. Disappointed that it turned out in a predictable way, maybe, but not shocked. The coaches were already warned about the risk and they chose to take the risk. The issue Jimbo has is that he takes way too many risks. It's OK to have a small handful. It's not OK to have a bucketful.

Add into that the lack of program character and program discipline, and you get what you are seeing now at A&M.

Meanwhile, Sark takes on his own risks, and there are little flare-ups (the biggest being from within his own coaching staff), but most of it is pretty quiet and then taken care of quietly.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hook me said:

a&m beating a nationally ranked Tennessee in Knoxville during the CBS game of the week is anything but a "no lose" for us. It may not cause the recruiting avalanche that beating Bama would have, but it would certainly help them. I hope they get blown out in the first half & Tennessee runs up the score in the second half with back ups & walk ons. Questions about Jimbo's future while media heads are constantly bringing up how stupid his contract is during their bye week would just be so great.

there would almost nothing better that could happen next week , though i would take chaotic weekend of all of the undefeated teams losing their games as a nice cherry on top 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, hook me said:

a&m beating a nationally ranked Tennessee in Knoxville during the CBS game of the week is anything but a "no lose" for us. It may not cause the recruiting avalanche that beating Bama would have, but it would certainly help them. I hope they get blown out in the first half & Tennessee runs up the score in the second half with back ups & walk ons. Questions about Jimbo's future while media heads are constantly bringing up how stupid his contract is during their bye week would just be so great.

100%. Their program blowing up just as Texas enters the SEC is the best possible scenario. I hope they go 7-5, at best.

• Hook 'Em 2